"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

So, I recently got over an illness. It’s was the first time in years since I’ve been sick.

It’s the thick of allergy season in NC. I was doing yard work outside (mowing) and there was lots of pollen and dust in the air. I didn’t wear my mask, so I knew I fucked up.

My daughter came home with an itchy throat from school, and we chalked it up as allergies because it never got any worse.

A few days later, my through is itchy (not soar). Then next thing you know, I’m congested like a mofo. I had ALL the symptoms of hay fever. However, hay fever isn’t contagious.

Well, my wife ended up getting sick with the exact same symptoms. We both took Covid test and it came back negative.

I have no idea what we had, but it was the closest thing to a common cold. Only lasted a week.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
So, I recently got over an illness. It’s was the first time in years since I’ve been sick.

It’s the thick of allergy season in NC. I was doing yard work outside (mowing) and there was lots of pollen and dust in the air. I didn’t wear my mask, so I knew I fucked up.

My daughter came home with an itchy throat from school, and we chalked it up as allergies because it never got any worse.

A few days later, my through is itchy (not soar). Then next thing you know, I’m congested like a mofo. I had ALL the symptoms of hay fever. However, hay fever isn’t contagious.

Well, my wife ended up getting sick with the exact same symptoms. We both took Covid test and it came back negative.

I have no idea what we had, but it was the closest thing to a common cold. Only lasted a week.

I'm starting to hear a lot if these stories which is making me wonder about the accuracy of the COVID tests we currently have, particularly over the counter tests.

Last week at least two people in my office (who I work in close proximity to) tested positive for COVID.

A third woman who sits directly next to and is best friends with one of them also got very sick with symptoms. However, her test came back negative though she even wondered if the negative test is accurate. This is the second time this woman was exposed to COVID and become sick immediately after only to test negative.

What I do know is these instances of people still catching COVID keeps me on my toes because whenever I start to question whether I should still be as diligent with wearing my mask I end up hearing of these exposures and positive tests which confirms I need to keep doing what I'm doing no matter what everyone chooses to do.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm starting to hear a lot if these stories which is making me wonder about the accuracy of the COVID tests we currently have, particularly over the counter tests.

Last week at least two people in my office (who I work in close proximity to) tested positive for COVID.

A third woman who sits directly next to and is best friends with one of them also got very sick with symptoms. However, her test came back negative though she even wondered if the negative test is accurate. This is the second time this woman was exposed to COVID and become sick immediately after only to test negative.

What I do know is these instances of people still catching COVID keeps me on my toes because whenever I start to question whether I should still be as diligent with wearing my mask I end up hearing of these exposures and positive tests which confirms I need to keep doing what I'm doing no matter what everyone chooses to do.

Yeah, it’s hard for me to avoid because my daughter’s in school. She wears her mask everyday, but it can only do so much.

I took the home test twice and it came back negative, but I was sick. One a scale of 1 to 10, I was about a 3 or 4. I wasn’t bad or lethargic. Just sinus congestion.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Yeah, it’s hard for me to avoid because my daughter’s in school. She wears her mask everyday, but it can only do so much.

I took the home test twice and it came back negative, but I was sick. One a scale of 1 to 10, I was about a 3 or 4. I wasn’t bad or lethargic. Just sinus congestion.

Glad to hear you and your family didn't get too sick and recovered quickly.