"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What are your current thoughts about Covid now?

My neighbors mom tested positive a day after they had a graduation get together. Nobody else in the family tested positive and if they did, symptoms were very mild.

has the virus lost potency as far as death rate? Is the vaccines that effective? The virus is obviously more infectious, but it is more deadly?

I’m not letting my guard down and it seems that I have created a new normal for myself.

Just as deadly but more people are vaccinated so it doesn't have the same effect. The problem is if there is a variant that evades all protections.

I wear my mask and stay out of crowds because I am around many seniors. Plus, I am high risk due to having asthma..

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

My neighbors mom tested positive a day after they had a graduation get together. Nobody else in the family tested positive and if they did, symptoms were very mild.

has the virus lost potency as far as death rate? Is the vaccines that effective? The virus is obviously more infectious, but it is more deadly?

I’m not letting my guard down and it seems that I have created a new normal for myself.

Same. Still being extra cautious as I work with the immunocompromised.

Talked to some oncall coworkers who noted they got sick away from work. They had been double vaxxed by then, but not yet boosted. Vigilante with their own routines, but housemates got ill and brought it home with them. I asked them individually how it played out, and they noted it was like a bad flu for them, and they were glad to have been vaxxed and not more sick. They are in their 20s from seperate households and had not worked with us in recent months.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

My thoughts haven't changed.

People may be experiencing milder symptoms outwardly but I'm still just as concerned with the long term, unseen/unknown effects which aren't obvious or known.

More importantly, if the milder symptoms are the result of more people being vaccinated, then what happens as time passes and the effectiveness of the initial vaccination and booster shots start to diminish which is inevitable?

Especially since they've said nothing about a second booster for people under 50 and who are healthy which they may not even have funding for.

All of this while the virus continues to mutate and adapt.

I honestly feel like they'll be another (or multiple) variant that will emerge over the summer which will be just as deadly as its predecessors and hit us hard in the fall/winter months just like before :smh:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

The omicron wave has been deadlier than the Delta and 2020 waves. I'm not sold on the mild part either, long covid could end up causing medical problems years down the line even though the infection itself may have been mild.

I think that 2023 may be worse than 2020. With infections rising in America, China, and in other places, it's only a matter of time before we get a completely new variant. Given the lack of funding, if a new vaccine is needed, Americans may not be able to get a hold of it even if they are able to pay out of pocket. That's in addition to not being able to put the genie back in the bottle as far as masking and shutdowns.

I hate to say it, but we could get to two million official deaths. The country as a whole didn't give a shit about the first million so I know they won't care about a second one.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

YO! My whole damn family caught that shyt last week! I went the whole lockdown without catching it and got hit from either my punk ass mother-in-law bringing it in or my wife getting it when she went to the movies on her birthday. I was able to take a business trip to Atlanta, take the family to the circus, the movies, free comic day all while not getting us infected and in one Mothers Day weekend two separate households get caught!!!

I am the same way, I just have this new normal now that include masks and not trying to be on top of people.

I think it is a little bit of both it losing its potency and the vaccines being effective. Like most viruses that mutate, it's rarely as strong as its predecessor. So what it gained in infectioness it lost in impact.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The omicron wave has been deadlier than the Delta and 2020 waves. I'm not sold on the mild part either, long covid could end up causing medical problems years down the line even though the infection itself may have been mild.

I think that 2023 may be worse than 2020. With infections rising in America, China, and in other places, it's only a matter of time before we get a completely new variant. Given the lack of funding, if a new vaccine is needed, Americans may not be able to get a hold of it even if they are able to pay out of pocket. That's in addition to not being able to put the genie back in the bottle as far as masking and shutdowns.

I hate to say it, but we could get to two million official deaths. The country as a whole didn't give a shit about the first million so I know they won't care about a second one.

It's been deadlier to the non-vaccinated. You might have a point on the long covid, but only time will tell.

I think the next "million" will be different (fcuk you for making me the optimist now!) You killed off all the morons and contrarians that didn't take virus seriously. People that listened to personalities that would dispel the vaccine while HAVING the vaccine. So now you have a savvier and cynical crowd that will hopefully take this more seriously. But again only time will tell.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Wypipol don’t believe fat meat is greasy!

I just got back from a 10 day cruise to Alaska and several people in the FB group reported that they have covid, But this dumb white bitch here is a special kind of stupid.

Yes, both my husband and myself now have Covid. Why did Carnival not tell us that there was Covid on the ship?

You agreed to this when you checked in for your cruise.

282173666_5428424143834995_4106417539374385275_n.jpg

They probably didn’t know.

Not trying to be snarky, but with a few thousand people onboard, why would you assume there weren't covid cases?

We disembarked 6 days ago, if you are positive it is not from the ship, but maybe from the transport to get home.

And we all know that the risk was present, we were advised to wear the mask but no one did it (me first I admit) so I do not see myself turning against Carnival even if my wife and I are positive since the cruise.

Anyway I wish you a speedy recovery

Original poster \/ \/ \/

I was well aware of the contract and risk. I simply wish that Carnival would have informed us that there were so many cases on the ship

?!?

what-in-the-hell-stare.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Well no shit.

Yeah, just got a news alert on this.

Here in Vegas, EDC weekend starts this Friday.

Every nutjob is in route here right now. Definitely no social distancing will happen when that shit kicks off. Similar to Coachella which was a superspreader event.

And this coming Monday begins the unofficial travel date for Memorial Day weekend. Even with high gas prices, food prices, no baby formula, etc….these mofos will all be out to get their party on.

And there are big political protests scheduled this summer.

If I had the means, I would definitely lock my ass in the house and binge watch and catch up on my shows for the whole summer.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah, just got a news alert on this.

Here in Vegas, EDC weekend starts this Friday.

Every nutjob is in route here right now. Definitely no social distancing will happen when that shit kicks off. Similar to Coachella which was a superspreader event.

And this coming Monday begins the unofficial travel date for Memorial Day weekend. Even with high gas prices, food prices, no baby formula, etc….these mofos will all be out to get their party on.

And there are big political protests scheduled this summer.

If I had the means, I would definitely lock my ass in the house and binge watch and catch up on my shows for the whole summer.

Nevermind Lovers & Friends that just passed over da weekend. What political protests???

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had my yearly physical today(blood pressure was 119/78 which was best its been in years) my Dr is Indian/FBA and she just got back from India visiting her mother and family and she told me that Covid is ripping thru India again and hundreds of thousands are hopitalized and on home confinement. She said they are using indoor facilities for hospitals,parking garages for more beds. She said the varient there isnt here yet but its coimg and she said the fall and winter here is gonna be horrific. She told me to get my booster in August so Im protected cause this shit is gonna be rough.

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

They better not just give him heat when 'come back to our great downtowns' came from the highest office in the land. We all knew the virus ain't going any fucking where, so the messaging has been trash for a loooong time.

Shit is just frustrating to those of us who see through the politics and know it's all about money and how politicians want to claim victory. Certain ones get passes though. :angry: