"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

flight-model-07.jpg

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That study does have some flaws in it. Need more than just one study before you throw out zinc and Vit C at fighting viruses including COVID
its pretty much a prophylatic in combination with other vits, those 2 alone wont do it !

ive always posited the 2 simplest & biggest things black folk ls need especially is VitD3 & Melatonin
the zinc has to be taken with an ionopsphere to get it into the cytoplasm but zinc alone wont do it thats where Quercetin comes in

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WOW...... and all the BGOL doctors/COVID experts creating threads..... and running up in here talking bout how good they feel and how they aren't worried about catching the Rona, how they take vitamin C...... every time I here that fool ass dentist talking bout how gargling with mouthwash will help fight spread of COVID cause it has alcohol in it..... COVID is in your lungs and is expelled with breathing...... so unless you're walking around with mouthwash in a sippy cup.... it ain't doing shit..... WBLS plays that ignant brother's spot all the fucking time..... I feel like slapping the shit out of him and stick to dentistry..... it's like hearing that dumb fuck Rand Paul, an ophthalmologist, trying to tell Faucci about his job.... he's so far out of his wheelhouse it's pathetic... :hmm:
the shit is mad annoying, its all these RizzaIslam type dudes on insta,
now the mouthwash thing has some merit (any mouth wash or tootpaste with cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC) ) has been shown to kill it IN-VITRO not in-VIVO ,
but the levels and activity after the use is still questioned and needs more research but using it surely doesnt hurt

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

all ur posts are from NYPOST! we all know where they stand in this crisis to giving interviews to Hydroxy kooks to name it, these fukkas who tried to downplay it on trumps behalf)

i should also tell u the NYPOST was intentionally lying like FOXnews does on Kamala Harris TRUMP HAD NO NATIONAL PLAN! NONE!! ZILCH ! HE LEFT IT ALL TO STATES TO DEAL WITH COVID WITHOUT PROVIDING TOOLS!!
"https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/start...icts-fauci-on-white-house-covid-vaccine-plan/"
SO YES SHE IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT THEY HAD TO START FROM SCRATCH!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
all ur posts are from NYPOST! we all know where they stand in this crisis to giving interviews to Hydroxy kooks to name it, these fukkas who tried to downplay it on trumps behalf)

i should also tell u the NYPOST was intentionally lying like FOXnews does on Kamala Harris TRUMP HAD NO NATIONAL PLAN! NONE!! ZILCH ! HE LEFT IT ALL TO STATES TO DEAL WITH COVID WITHOUT PROVIDING TOOLS!!
"https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/start...icts-fauci-on-white-house-covid-vaccine-plan/"
SO YES SHE IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT THEY HAD TO START FROM SCRATCH!!

Thanks for the intel re: the Post.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My prediction is holding strong so far. The case numbers will continue to drop drastically and we should be in the low teens for cases a day by April

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My prediction is holding strong so far. The case numbers will continue to drop drastically and we should be in the low teens for cases a day by April
thats what i feel too, and i think more repurposed therapeutic gonna get approval as well , leronlimab & the japanese alzheimer drug ,its gonna mean less time in the hospital and less deaths etc more vaccinations & people get outdoors

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just a little bit of positive news. . .

Since January 12
- daily COVID cases are down 68%
- hospitalizations are down 51%
- deaths are down 30%
- daily vaccinations are up 170%

Yeah these new drops in cases are from the holiday being over but also, Trump did nothing with the pandemic after he lost the election in November.

So the new President, the new change in attitude on leadership with masking social distancing, the vaccines are all helping to bring the numbers down from extremely high to just high.

I want to see how the more contagious variant does before I say we have turned the corner.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sources: Many top NBA players hesitant to promote coronavirus vaccines

1:44 PM ET

• Adrian WojnarowskiSenior NBA Insider

Many of the NBA's top players are expressing apprehension about accepting invitations to participate in league-sponsored public service announcements to bolster broader acceptance of the coronavirus vaccine, sources told ESPN.

The NBA's outreach to the agents of many of the league's elite players -- with hopes of getting stars to participate in PSAs to promote the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine -- has been met with a tepid response, sources said. Player apprehensions about receiving the vaccine are consistent with those that also exist in Black communities throughout the country, agents and players told ESPN.

Sources describe a number of factors contributing to many players' reluctance to participate, including uncertainty about taking the vaccine themselves, reluctance to advocate its use for others and resistance to extending favors to a league amid the largely unpopular plans for an All-Star Game.

On a call with league general managers on Tuesday, commissioner Adam Silver continued to tell top team executives that the league wouldn't "jump the line" of the general public to get vaccines, but he suggested an optimistic timeline that included the possibility of late March and early April for the start of player vaccinations, sources said. Nevertheless, that's considered a fluid timeline, largely meant to reaffirm to teams the need to be prepared for whenever the opportunity to vaccinate players comes from public health officials, sources said.

The NBA shared with teams an expectation of 70 million to 100 million vaccine doses likely distributed by mid-March.

In the hours after the call with the league's GMs, Dr. Anthony Fauci -- the nation's leading infectious disease expert -- told CNN that his original hope of April as a target for widespread vaccine availability for those outside of priority groups could be pushed back.

"That timeline will probably be prolonged into mid- to late May and early June," Fauci told CNN.

As the league works to educate players on the benefits of the vaccine, Silver told the general managers that the process could be incentivized for teams and individuals with the loosening of quarantine and testing protocols for those vaccinated, sources said. Those would be measures consistent with CDC recommendations.

The NBA has been working to educate teams and players on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, including mandatory team seminars with Dr. Leroy Sims, the league's senior vice president of medical affairs.

The NBA has done vaccine PSAs with Hall of Fame center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, but there's a strong belief the league's top players -- many of whom who are Black -- can impact many more in Black and Brown communities, which have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

"In the African American community, there's been enormously disparate impact from COVID ... but now, somewhat perversely, there's been enormous resistance [to vaccinations] in the African American community for understandable historical reasons," Silver said recently. "If that resistance continues, it would be very much a double whammy to the Black community, because the only way out of this pandemic is to get vaccinated."

Dr. Sims told ESPN Wednesday he has completed 20 presentations to individual teams on the benefit of the vaccines and expects to have met virtually with all 30 teams by Monday. Dr. Sims said he's approached the player presentations with an emphasis on the scientific and data-based findings about the vaccines -- and the potential good done by endorsing its use among the broader community.

"I've tried to tackle misinformation -- that the development process was rushed, that the vaccine can alter genetics, that the trials lacked diversity," Sims said. "I get the question of: 'If I get this shot, is it going to impact my performance?' I walked them through what the results were, about the different types of vaccine, and I conclude with the benefits of the vaccination.

"I can tell you these guys are listening based on questions that I'm getting. They also ask: "Why should we get this when there hasn't been a whole lot of time to see what the long-term effects are?' These guys look at data all the time. I know they get the data, and appeal to them at that level.
"When it comes to vaccinations, any long-term (issues) with vaccinations, you historically tend to see in the first couple of months. Shots started going into people's arms in March of last year, so we have a trove of data already and we're continuing to gather it.

"When I talk about leadership, I reference fighting health disparities and role modeling, augmenting community service, showing our support for public health and sound medical data and science. Our players are extremely sophisticated and they see what I am asking.

"One of the elite players in the league said to me, 'Dr. Sims, what you're asking is for us to be spokesmen?' My response was: Absolutely. Yes, we do want you to be spokesmen. We do want you to partner with us.

"But it's multi-fold. Right now, they can't get shots, but they can still show support for parents or grandparents getting their vaccines now; and when the time comes, they can show their support by speaking and telling people they've gotten it -- or showing pictures of them getting it. There will be a tremendous benefit having some of our players coming out publicly supporting this because their actions, their words, carry weight in the community."

The NBA has lost 30 games to virus-related postponements this season, and concerns over the short- and long-term health impact on infected players remain. The NBA playoffs are scheduled to start on May 22, and the fear of positive tests or outbreaks derailing a postseason is part of the motivation to get as many players and staff members vaccinated as soon as possible.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sources: Many top NBA players hesitant to promote coronavirus vaccines

1:44 PM ET

• Adrian WojnarowskiSenior NBA Insider

Many of the NBA's top players are expressing apprehension about accepting invitations to participate in league-sponsored public service announcements to bolster broader acceptance of the coronavirus vaccine, sources told ESPN.

The NBA's outreach to the agents of many of the league's elite players -- with hopes of getting stars to participate in PSAs to promote the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine -- has been met with a tepid response, sources said. Player apprehensions about receiving the vaccine are consistent with those that also exist in Black communities throughout the country, agents and players told ESPN.

Sources describe a number of factors contributing to many players' reluctance to participate, including uncertainty about taking the vaccine themselves, reluctance to advocate its use for others and resistance to extending favors to a league amid the largely unpopular plans for an All-Star Game.

On a call with league general managers on Tuesday, commissioner Adam Silver continued to tell top team executives that the league wouldn't "jump the line" of the general public to get vaccines, but he suggested an optimistic timeline that included the possibility of late March and early April for the start of player vaccinations, sources said. Nevertheless, that's considered a fluid timeline, largely meant to reaffirm to teams the need to be prepared for whenever the opportunity to vaccinate players comes from public health officials, sources said.

The NBA shared with teams an expectation of 70 million to 100 million vaccine doses likely distributed by mid-March.

In the hours after the call with the league's GMs, Dr. Anthony Fauci -- the nation's leading infectious disease expert -- told CNN that his original hope of April as a target for widespread vaccine availability for those outside of priority groups could be pushed back.

"That timeline will probably be prolonged into mid- to late May and early June," Fauci told CNN.

As the league works to educate players on the benefits of the vaccine, Silver told the general managers that the process could be incentivized for teams and individuals with the loosening of quarantine and testing protocols for those vaccinated, sources said. Those would be measures consistent with CDC recommendations.

The NBA has been working to educate teams and players on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, including mandatory team seminars with Dr. Leroy Sims, the league's senior vice president of medical affairs.

The NBA has done vaccine PSAs with Hall of Fame center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, but there's a strong belief the league's top players -- many of whom who are Black -- can impact many more in Black and Brown communities, which have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

"In the African American community, there's been enormously disparate impact from COVID ... but now, somewhat perversely, there's been enormous resistance [to vaccinations] in the African American community for understandable historical reasons," Silver said recently. "If that resistance continues, it would be very much a double whammy to the Black community, because the only way out of this pandemic is to get vaccinated."

Dr. Sims told ESPN Wednesday he has completed 20 presentations to individual teams on the benefit of the vaccines and expects to have met virtually with all 30 teams by Monday. Dr. Sims said he's approached the player presentations with an emphasis on the scientific and data-based findings about the vaccines -- and the potential good done by endorsing its use among the broader community.

"I've tried to tackle misinformation -- that the development process was rushed, that the vaccine can alter genetics, that the trials lacked diversity," Sims said. "I get the question of: 'If I get this shot, is it going to impact my performance?' I walked them through what the results were, about the different types of vaccine, and I conclude with the benefits of the vaccination.

"I can tell you these guys are listening based on questions that I'm getting. They also ask: "Why should we get this when there hasn't been a whole lot of time to see what the long-term effects are?' These guys look at data all the time. I know they get the data, and appeal to them at that level.
"When it comes to vaccinations, any long-term (issues) with vaccinations, you historically tend to see in the first couple of months. Shots started going into people's arms in March of last year, so we have a trove of data already and we're continuing to gather it.

"When I talk about leadership, I reference fighting health disparities and role modeling, augmenting community service, showing our support for public health and sound medical data and science. Our players are extremely sophisticated and they see what I am asking.

"One of the elite players in the league said to me, 'Dr. Sims, what you're asking is for us to be spokesmen?' My response was: Absolutely. Yes, we do want you to be spokesmen. We do want you to partner with us.

"But it's multi-fold. Right now, they can't get shots, but they can still show support for parents or grandparents getting their vaccines now; and when the time comes, they can show their support by speaking and telling people they've gotten it -- or showing pictures of them getting it. There will be a tremendous benefit having some of our players coming out publicly supporting this because their actions, their words, carry weight in the community."

The NBA has lost 30 games to virus-related postponements this season, and concerns over the short- and long-term health impact on infected players remain. The NBA playoffs are scheduled to start on May 22, and the fear of positive tests or outbreaks derailing a postseason is part of the motivation to get as many players and staff members vaccinated as soon as possible.

the league should NOT FORCE THESE MEN to do this.

Educate them make sure to answer any and all questions they may have and then

let those who WANT to participate do so.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I said last year this was a possibility and folks blew me off and laughed.

If Israel is doing it, won’t be long before Europe and the US follows. And soon after other countries.

Good chance it was discussed behind the scenes to have Israel be the “Test” country to work out the bugs.

As Israel Reopens, ‘Whoever Does Not Get Vaccinated Will Be Left Behind’

New government and business initiatives are moving in the direction of a two-tier system for the vaccinated and unvaccinated, raising legal, moral and ethical questions.

Isabel Kershner
February 18, 2021

BAT YAM, Israel — Israel has raced ahead with the fastest Covid vaccination campaign in the world, inoculating nearly half its population with at least one dose. Now, the rapid rollout is turning the country into a live laboratory for setting the rules in a vaccinated society — raising thorny questions about rights, obligations and the greater good.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s cabinet voted this week to open shopping malls and museums to the public, subject to social distancing rules and mandatory masking. For the first time in many months, gyms, cultural and sports events, hotels and swimming pools will also reopen, but only for some.

Under a new “Green Badge” system that functions as both a carrot and a stick, the government is making leisure activities accessible only to people who are fully vaccinated or recovered starting Sunday. Two weeks later, restaurants, event halls and conferences will be allowed to operate under those rules. Customers and attendees will have to carry a certificate of vaccination with a QR code.

Israel is one of the first countries grappling in real time with a host of legal, moral and ethical questions as it tries to balance the steps toward resuming public life with sensitive issues such as public safety, discrimination, free choice and privacy.

“Getting vaccinated is a moral duty. It is part of our mutual responsibility,” said the health minister, Yuli Edelstein. He also has a new mantra: “Whoever does not get vaccinated will be left behind.”

The debate swirling within Israel is percolating across other parts of the world as well, with plans to reserve international travel for vaccinated “green passport” holders and warnings of growing disparities between more-vaccinated affluent countries and less-vaccinated poor ones

Israel’s central government — eager to bring the country out of its third national lockdown without setting off a new wave of infections — was spurred into action by local initiatives. Chafing under the country’s lockdown regulations, an indoor shopping mall in the working-class Tel Aviv suburb of Bat Yam threw its doors open last week for customers who could prove that they had been vaccinated or had recovered from Covid-19.

In Karmiel, the mayor made a similar decision to open his city in the northern Galilee region for business. His office began processing requests from employers who could verify that all of their employees had received the requisite two vaccine doses or had recovered from the virus.

And in other cities, mayors wanted to bar unvaccinated teachers from classrooms while some hoteliers threatened unvaccinated employees with dismissal.

Dr. Maya Peled Raz, an expert in health law and ethics at the University of Haifa, defended some limits on personal liberties for the greater good. Employers cannot force employees to get vaccinated, she said, but they might be allowed to employ only vaccinated workers if not doing so could harm their business.

“That may involve some damage to individual rights, but not all damage is prohibited if it is well-balanced and legitimate in order to achieve a worthy goal,” she said. “It’s your choice,” she added of leisure activities. “If you are vaccinated, you can enter. As long as you aren’t, we can’t let you endanger others

Four million Israelis — nearly half the population of nine million — have received at least one dose of the Pfizer vaccine, and more than 2.6 million have gotten a second dose. But about two million eligible citizens aged 16 or over have not sought vaccines. The average number of new daily infections is hovering around 4,000.

The speedy vaccination program in Israel contrasts sharply with the situation in the occupied territories, where few Palestinians have received even one dose. The disparity has provoked fierce debates about Israel’s ethical and legal obligations to the Palestinians, as well as the potential health risk to Israelis of not vaccinating them.

Mr. Edelstein, the health minister, said on Thursday that vaccination would not be compulsory in Israel. But his ministry is proposing legislation that would oblige unvaccinated employees whose work involves contact with the public to be tested for the virus every two days. And he is promoting a bill that would allow the ministry to identify unvaccinated people to the local authorities.

Local authorities and volunteers have been trying to lure people to vaccination centers with offers of free pizza, Arabic sweets and, in the ultra-Orthodox city of Bnei Brak, bags of cholent — a slow-cooked stew traditionally prepared for the sabbath.

Yet getting vaccinated remains voluntary and not everybody is rushing to it.

Ofek Hacohen, 34, a manager of vacation rentals in Jerusalem, said he believed in a natural approach to a healthy body and insisted that the risk posed by the virus — which he called “a flu” — had been exaggerated. He added that he did not trust the vaccine’s safety.

He said he did not know what he would do if legislation was introduced limiting his options.

“But I won’t get vaccinated. I’ll surely participate in demonstrations. I believe I won’t be alone,” he said, adding, “I can survive without going to the theater, to soccer matches or to a restaurant. It’s annoying but what can I do?”

Concerts and restaurants are luxuries that people can more easily forgo. But the questions become more pressing and contentious when it comes to the rights of employers and workers.

The rights of teaching staffs have come under particular scrutiny as some in-person classes reopen. A quarter or more of Israel’s teachers have not sought a first dose, a situation that critics say poses a potential danger to pupils under 16, who are too young to be vaccinated. Some health workers have also refrained from being vaccinated.

After a number of city mayors threatened to bar unvaccinated teachers from their classrooms, the deputy attorney general clarified that they did not have the authority to do so without new legislation.

Dr. Peled Raz said the temporary emergency law governing Israel’s response to the virus would be easier to amend with regard to health workers than to others because of potential harm to themselves and patients, adding that would be justified.

“You want to be a nurse and won’t get vaccinated?” she said. “Either get vaccinated or choose another profession.”

But two rights organizations, the Association for Civil Rights in Israel and the Worker’s Hotline, said they had already received complaints from other unvaccinated workers. The groups wrote a letter to the attorney general this month demanding that he issue a clear opinion and said that under existing law an employer may not demand information from workers regarding their vaccination status.

“The first problem is that there is no policy,” said Gil Gan-Mor, the director of the civil and social rights unit at the Association for Civil Rights in Israel. “When the government is not working fast enough, we see too many private initiatives.”

Striking a balance between competing rights and interests remains a matter of debate, he said, and requires a broad discussion in Parliament.

Barak Cohen, a lawyer and social activist, raised more questions in a recent Facebook post.

“To what degree is it appropriate to pressure and coerce when the decision-making process surrounding the vaccine is kept hidden, in the dark and confidential?” he wrote, noting that he does not deny the seriousness of the coronavirus or the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine.

He also pointed to the low public trust in the government and what he called drug companies’ “huge financial interest.”

In Karmiel, City Hall gave at least 20 businesses a local version of a Green Badge to put in their windows, according to Eli Sade, the director of the mayor’s office. All who entered were required to show that they had been vaccinated or had recovered from the virus. But police officers told store owners to close because they were breaking the law.

The shopping mall in Bat Yam, which wanted customers to prove they had been vaccinated, soon dropped the requirement for showing a green passport at the entrance and went back to equipping the guards with temperature guns.

Inside, the few stores that opened had created their own entry policies. One chain followed basic social distancing regulations while another required a vaccination certificate. Sportswear and lingerie stores operated a “takeout” service for customers who stood at the door.

Haifa Zeinab, 20, who was working in a Japanese-style home wear and gift store, said she did not plan to be vaccinated because an aunt had been overcome by dizziness after both of her doses. If she was told not to come without a green passport or a negative test every two days, she said with a shrug, “So I won’t come.”

GettyImages-1230224367.jpeg