"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
The Super Bowl has a different attendee than an Ohio game. No disrespect to Ohio but they’re the quiet Florida. Arizona too. States that honestly seem to breed a certain kind of human being.
You said the NFL wouldn't entertain the idea. That's hilarious seeing that they playing during a plague right the fuck now.

Point is the NFL is a business that will take the opportunity to get money from those who can spend. You talk about a different attendee when that's wtf I said to begin with when I said shitkickers can't afford the super bowl. You must have been on the sauce last night. :lol:

Even keeping attendance in check won't stop the local parties and events. Big business is undefeated in America.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just in time for flu season, I hear some NE schools moving to in-person classes. Hybrid instead of straight online.

Fun times. :smh:
What’s sad is that the NBA, NFL and College football has proved that you can fairly easily limit exposure to Covid if you simply put things in place.

Those sports all have rapid testing that can catch any potential super spreader before they really Become contagious.

What I find amazing is that the administration gave the big 10 free rapid testing but nothing to our school districts. Rapid testing and mask wearing in school would basically eliminate Covid as kids would be tested each morning.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
:sad: A black man lost his wife and only daughter to this bullshit; mercy on all their souls.

Mother of teacher who died of Covid-19 dies from it weeks later

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/27/us/s...rolina-covid-mother-daughter-death/index.html

(CNN)The mother of a South Carolina teacher who died from Covid-19 earlier this month has died after she was infected by the virus, according to a relative.
Shirley Bannister, 57, passed away from complications from Covid-19 on Sunday, according to her brother, Dennis Bell.

Bannister is the mother of Demetria Bannister, a 28-year-old elementary school teacher who died earlier this month, just a few days after testing positive for Covid-19.
Bannister "got really sick about two, three days after her daughter died" on September 7, Bell told CNN in a phone interview.

Bell said his sister was "overwhelmed" after her daughter died just weeks before.
Bannister had a history of asthma and diabetes, and after testing positive for Covid-19, "she actually went to the hospital twice, the second time they decided to keep her," said Bell.

"She had so much to give, so this is like an unexpected gut punch for the whole family," Bell said.

Bannister was the chair of the nursing department at Midlands Technical College in Columbia, according to a statement from Ronald Rhames, the college's president.

Bannister earned her nursing degree at the college and returned later in life to teach, Rhames said.

"My heart is broken. Shirley was like an angel on Earth. Her life mission was caring for others," Rhames said.

Bannister and her daughter "were the best of friends," Bell told CNN.

"They'd go to dinner together, they'd go to the movies, go to concerts and things like that, and they planned events together," said Bell.

"Demetria, in a sense, was just like her mother," Bell said.

Bannister grew up in Columbia, South Carolina, and was an active member of St. Mark's Baptist Church, Bell said.

She had a passion for geriatrics and a love for the elderly, Bell said. Bannister helped take care of her 87-year-old mother.

His sister was "loved by everyone," Bell said.
She is survived by her husband, Dennis Bannister. Demetria Bannister was the couple's only child.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

egatsby

Rising Star
Registered
Georgia, one of the first stops to open way back in May has seen a decline for 10 weeks. I remember people telling me the hospitals would be over run with sick. When the schools would open that the kids would die!! Now look at us we have come out on the other end while other states are still locked down we have basically returned to normal. Hell Ive been going to LA Fitness for 2 months and its packed a dudes are hooping. Majority of people here dont care any more because we all know its over

ATLANTA — Georgia is out of the danger zone, according to a new White House report.
It comes as Georgia hits 315,000 cases of COVID-19 in the state.
All summer the weekly report was showing Georgia with some of the country’s most concerning COVID-19 numbers. But this week, the report tells a different story. Both the state of Georgia and metro Atlanta are moving in the right direction.
Channel 2′s Justin Gray obtained a copy of the Sept. 27 report that shows Georgia now in the safer orange zone with under 100 cases per 100,000 people -- and even better for test positivity, in the yellow zone.
We’ve been going down now for 10 weeks or more. It was very scary for a while because we were going up for 10 weeks but now we’re going down I think we’re on the other side of the mountain,” he said.
When Channel 2 Action News first obtained a copy of the White House weekly report back in July, Georgia ranked as one of the nation’s most dangerous COVID-19 hotspots.
But now the report says, “Georgia is making progress and, to sustain the gains, must continue the strong mitigation efforts statewide and continue mitigation efforts in university towns.”
That means continuing social distancing and mask wearing, according to MacArthur.
“It’s not the time to take the foot off the gas, It’s not the time to relax,” he said.
Gov. Brian Kemp told Gray in a statement, “Georgia continues to see positive momentum in Governor Kemp’s measured, data-driven approach to protecting lives and livelihoods against COVID-19.”
The key thing, according to the governor’s office, is not to take this as a sign to let up.
While the number of cases is down in Georgia, Vice President Mike Pence warned that national infection rates are on the rise.

egatsby

Rising Star
Registered
Positivity rate is under 4% for the first time in months. I dont know why everyone on here just post bad news. Dont you want this to be over?

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I am seriously surprised Republicans are going after this a good chunk Cacs like aca
just a reminder

IMO repealing ACA and overturning Roe v wade is just dog whistles

Also When those dumb rednecks found out ACA and Obamacare is the same thing they are not letting go of that especially the poor and middle-class ones

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Positivity rate is under 4% for the first time in months. I dont know why everyone on here just post bad news. Dont you want this to be over?

This chart is not accurate especially over the last few days

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:roflmao:

You know you really dont get this shit do you? Georgia is not in a fucking vacuum. WTF do you think will happen to your precious 4 % when the governor of neighboring Florida just reopened the whole state?

Wake da fuck up

egatsby

Rising Star
Registered
:roflmao:

You know you really dont get this shit do you? Georgia is not in a fucking vacuum. WTF do you think will happen to your precious 4 % when the governor of neighboring Florida just reopened the whole state?

Wake da fuck up
honestly nothing, thats the whole point. Ga has been open since May and we didnt all die. Bodies werent being stored in refrigerated trucks. Florida is going to keep tracking the same way its been tracking

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

33742194-8783307-image-m-41_1601341149431.jpg

33742196-8783307-image-a-42_1601342280950.jpg

33742198-8783307-image-a-40_1601337703550.jpg

egatsby

Rising Star
Registered
Georgia has the 5th most cases in the country da fuck you talking about?

define "cases" . True indicator is deaths, hospitalizations and ICU admissions. GA is 10th in deaths(we are the 9th largest state) . The hospitalization rate is .9% the icu rate is .1%

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
define "cases" . True indicator is deaths, hospitalizations and ICU admissions. GA is 10th in deaths(we are the 9th largest state) . The hospitalization rate is .9% the icu rate is .1%
The true indicator is amount of infections. Symptomatic and asymptomatic. Each person infected with COVID-19 becomes a factory for COVID-19 which can cause deaths, hospitalizations and icu admissions.

The more infections and hosts means the more the virus replicates and has the potential to mutate into a more contagious virus (like its doing now)

And the infected (which you all are in the top 5) can go to other states and cause infections which further cause deaths, hospitalizations and icu admissions. The infections are the problem and the indicator.

You are the 8th/9th largest state and are underperforming cause you have the 5th most cases.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What’s sad is that the NBA, NFL and College football has proved that you can fairly easily limit exposure to Covid if you simply put things in place.

Those sports all have rapid testing that can catch any potential super spreader before they really Become contagious.

What I find amazing is that the administration gave the big 10 free rapid testing but nothing to our school districts. Rapid testing and mask wearing in school would basically eliminate Covid as kids would be tested each morning.

They also have people that comply. That’s the biggest key of making the precautions work.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

U.S. accounts for nearly a fifth of the more than 33.1 million Covid-19 cases reported globally

The death toll from the coronavirus pandemic reached one million world-wide on Monday, as several nations continue to struggle to contain a virus that has overloaded health-care systems, upended economies and remade daily life around the globe.

Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, is killing on average more than 700 people a day in the U.S., which leads the world in both confirmed cases and deaths. With more than seven million confirmed infections since the beginning of the pandemic, the U.S. accounts for nearly a fifth of the more than 33.1 million cases reported globally. More than 205,000 Americans have died.

“I hate to say it, but unfortunately what I’m expecting is more people dying from this virus,” said Carlos Del Rio, a professor of medicine at Emory University who focuses on infectious disease and global health. “I sometimes feel like we’ve just given up and are going to let the epidemic continue.”

CONTINUED:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Global Coronavirus Deaths Surpass One Million
U.S. accounts for nearly a fifth of the more than 33.1 million Covid-19 cases reported globally

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
South Carolina school teacher Demi Bannister passed from COVID.... the day she passed her mom found out she had COVID.... she passed away Sunday, leaving only her husband..... two major losses of loved ones in a month..... COVID is a FUCKING BEAST.... :smh: :smh::smh::smh:

South Carolina Mom, 57, Dies of COVID-19 Complications Weeks After Daughter's Coronavirus Death

9632c146-f9a8-4a6f-9863-ddc78a3beb53_1140x641.jpg

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
South Carolina school teacher Demi Bannister passed from COVID.... the day she passed her mom found out she had COVID.... she passed away Sunday, leaving only her husband..... two major losses of loved ones in a month..... COVID is a FUCKING BEAST.... :smh: :smh::smh::smh:

South Carolina Mom, 57, Dies of COVID-19 Complications Weeks After Daughter's Coronavirus Death

9632c146-f9a8-4a6f-9863-ddc78a3beb53_1140x641.jpg

Genocide.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I fear that's what may be next for us. Although again, these peckerwoods ain't goin' for another lockdown.

Stupid fucking cacs made this shit so much worse than it needed to be. Also, US media loves to draw attention to other countries. If the shit is "out of control" in Europe, what the fuck is it doing here?

7 Day average daily deaths:

Canada: 7
France: 56
Germany: 9
Spain: 107
Italy: 18

US: 736 :smh: :smh: :angry: