"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Next week's main event.

30380340-8489389-The_unique_complex_will_host_four_UFC_events_over_the_course_of_-a-7_1593856988853.jpg

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Next week's main event.

30380340-8489389-The_unique_complex_will_host_four_UFC_events_over_the_course_of_-a-7_1593856988853.jpg
That sucks. Who would take a fight on a weeks notice.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That sucks. Who would take a fight on a weeks notice.

People are hoping Jorge Masvidal can make it on short notice. A tough sell though as he's been open in recent months about contractual issues. The money he earned in the PPV fight (NYC) versus Diaz last year was substantially more than he'd have made in a title fight versus Usman (which won't sell as well as the Masvidal-Diaz card did). Plus, he'd be the challenger & it wouldn't look right with him making more than the current champ (Usman).

Let's just hope the other title fights stay intact. Holloway-Volkanovski 2, and Aldo-Yan.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
i'm going to stop blaming trump for this because this has gone way beyond him
this is the states, town, community fault. in (Florida, Texas) ppl fought wearing masks, governors reopened way too early, and went to bars and didn't social distance.
in the state i live ppl wear masks without being ordered, social distance, didn't reopen too early and now we got one of the lowest number of cases in the country.

at some point ppl are accountable for their own actions regardless of who's in the white house
Fuck that. It all starts with him. He politicized it from jump. He ignored it. He riled up his base to defy logic, common sense and science. Everything you mentioned would not have happened if he had a clear message from the beginning as a competent leader. Don't let the governors off the hook for dumb decisions no but NEVER forget where it started.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fuck that. It all starts with him. He politicized it from jump. He ignored it. He riled up his base to defy logic, common sense and science. Everything you mentioned would not have happened if he had a clear message from the beginning as a competent leader. Don't let the governors off the hook for dumb decisions no but NEVER forget where it started.

Absolutely!

He down played it and got Fox News and his base to spread misinformation until it got to a point they couldn’t ignore it when jobs were getting cut by the millions. Job getting cut is the only reason this pandemic got his attention.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Here are some simple graphs I will feature with each state analysis for the website. I have other graphs as well, but you will see all those in due time.

I am also trying to defeat an HTML issue in making the data I am going to display sortable (ascending or descending order).

Arizona_change.png

Florida_change.png

Georgia_change.png

North Carolina_change.png

Ohio_change.png

Texas_change.png

I like this. Are you able to put the number of cases above or below the percentage or arrow?

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like this. Are you able to put the number of cases above or below the percentage or arrow?

So I want to give a little explanation on percent change and you tell me which you prefer.

Percent change of New Cases (also known as daily cases) versus the Percent change of Total Confirmed cases.

Percent change of new cases is basically subtracting new cases today (July 4th) by the new cases from last week (Jun 27th). Using new cases will allow us to see a negative percent decrease from one week to another.

If I use total confirmed cases, then we will never see a percent decrease, but only a lower percentage increase if there isn't much change. For example, a 1% increase from confirmed cases only means that there hasn't been much of a change from last week.

However, a 2% increase from daily cases means that daily cases have gone up 2% from last week, but the very next we can see a negative percent decrease depending on the daily cases.

In other words, if I use new cases then Florida has a 209% increase from last week. If I use total confirmed cases, then Florida has a 51% increase from last week.

So, which do you all think is more meaningful? Seeing the daily cases differences from week to week or the total confirmed case differences from week to week?

There is no wrong answer here.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
So I want to give a little explanation on percent change and you tell me which you prefer.

Percent change of New Cases (also known as daily cases) versus the Percent change of Total Confirmed cases.

Percent change of new cases is basically subtracting new cases today (July 4th) by the new cases from last week (Jun 27th). Using new cases will allow us to see a negative percent decrease from one week to another.

If I use total confirmed cases, then we will never see a percent decrease, but only a lower percentage increase if there isn't much change. For example, a 1% increase from confirmed cases only means that there hasn't been much of a change from last week.

However, a 2% increase from daily cases means that daily cases have gone up 2% from last week, but the very next we can see a negative percent decrease depending on the daily cases.

In other words, if I use new cases then Florida has a 209% increase from last week. If I use total confirmed cases, then Florida has a 51% increase from last week.

So, which do you all think is more meaningful? Seeing the daily cases differences from week to week or the total confirmed case differences from week to week?

There is no wrong answer here.

Maybe do the one week and the total cumulative. That's one of the things that bothered me about the new format, it gave the weekly change, but you couldn't see how many cases the percentage was equivalent to. Or include the date of the first recorded case and/or the date with all time high and all time low. Since not all states are starting from the same place. You sort of want to know where you are coming from. I really like the simple arrow format tho. I'm not sure my response made sense. I'll revisit this when I get home.