"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Holy sh*t

There has GOT to be a better way

Until I'm proven wrong?

This is all because pf bad leadership from the very top

Period

You aint hear about all this food being destroyed in other countries

Unless I'm missing something
I'm pretty sure that the main issue is that even if they wanted to give it away for free, the distribution system isn't designed to get the food to where it's needed. I'd argue that it should be better, but you already hit the nail on the head. The people in charge won't let stuff like that happen.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Trump is trying to get this economy up and running. He knows that it’s the only thing that will sink him.
It's even more fucked up that with thousands dead because of his downplaying of the virus, if the economy somehow turns around before election day...... his batshit crazy cult of supporters will somehow reelect him.... a truly dystopian world we're in

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Doesn’t it old asking why doesn’t the press do ...?

the current republican administration isn’t the problem. This is not new. This is conservatism: government is ineffective. Oddly, poor government is always revealed under republican administrations.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Ok. So. I went to La Plata, MD today and I was at the chipotle there. I counted 15 people in the restaurant which is above the 10 people in an establishment limit during social distancing in Maryland. That’s not all. Every single white person in there had no mask on and they were staring at me because I had one on. I can tell they’re listening to some right wing bullshit and that’s the reason why they weren’t wearing a mask. I think I counted about 10 white people in that chipotle. Smh.

Edit: a lot more white people is going to get this virus considering what I witnessed. I can tell they’re putting their religion in front of this epidemic too. I thought their God doesn’t like to be tempted and faith without world is dead. Their bible states you should follow the law of the land you’re in. One thing I noticed about white people they really hate following the rules.
On top of the normal risk of a good strong case of explosive diarrhea from a visit to Chipotle .... why the fuck would you even go into a restaurant of any kind during a pandemic? The needless risks we take for something that is by no way essential....
:dunno: :smh:

sidebar: you've already forgotten that you're black... and with a mask on.... they were trying to figure out if you were there to rob the place, with half of them already pressing the first 1 in 911 on their cell phones held under the table.....

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
All I'm waiting for is covid19 to be confirmed for reanimating corpses, then I'll know that I'm in a movie. :lol:

I mean yeah at some point people will have to go back to work, because the economy cannot stay frozen for too long, however unless there's an accurate test that can detect it during the asymptomatic phase, and/or a viable vaccine, there will be no more pre-covid 'normal'

"So..... that's all it will take? Hold that thought...
I'll be back in a few!!!"

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
There are obvious issues with these numbers, that make them at best less than useful, at worst suspect. I've also seen John Hopkins U's Covid19 stats occasionally spike one way or another and then be adjusted in the next reporting cycle, so it could be a timing issue with data submission. :dunno:
At least be honest with yourself if you can't be honest with us...... it's a "Ron De Santis" issue.... period

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At least be honest with yourself if you can't be honest with us...... it's a "Ron De Santis" issue.... period
Look man, I don't know. I'm just trying to understand the data from an empirical perspective. It'll take me some more time to become accustom to calibrating and adjusting for all the political fuckery.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
No deed goes un-Donald'ed

uedq2gb.jpg

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
i appreciate your anecdotal story.

however, black people are being killed by this virus at a much higher rate than white people.

Ok. My point is that folks aren’t taking this seriously. I was in a semi rural place and I took notice to what people aren’t doing and who isn’t taking safety measures.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
On top of the normal risk of a good strong case of explosive diarrhea from a visit to Chipotle .... why the fuck would you even go into a restaurant of any kind during a pandemic? The needless risks we take for something that is by no way essential....
:dunno: :smh:

sidebar: you've already forgotten that you're black... and with a mask on.... they were trying to figure out if you were there to rob the place, with half of them already pressing the first 1 in 911 on their cell phones held under the table.....

Ok. I was making an observation that I noticed from Trump country. This section of the country hasn’t been hit hard by the virus — yet. However, I do take precautions. Did you say you are live in New Jersey?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Ok. I was making an observation that I noticed from Trump country. This section of the country hasn’t been hit hard by the virus — yet. However, I do take precautions. Did you say you are live in New Jersey?
Yup….. my ass is in the house every day except to take my dogs out back.... and to hit the grocery store about every two weeks, when they open at 6:30am..... crack of dawn too before a zillion mofos go up in there to breathe on everything.....

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
It won't, but there is something to that. Fuck the narrative of cultures eating different things. If governments don't regulate their hillbillies, it's clear that it can have global effects. Next thing come out might be worse.
If some aliens landed on earth…. the hillbillies of some country would find some reason to eat their turds, finding it in someway beneficial to their health or virility.... :hmm:

Last edited: