WTF?? A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In Music

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In His Music

Due to the deaths of black men like Mike Brown, Eric Garner and many others, rappers have felt the need to speak out about police brutality plaguing black communities. Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole took their frustrations about the tension between the cops and people of color to the booth, but A$AP Rocky said he does not see the need to discuss this issue in his music.

During his appearance at Oxford University in London, he said that putting in his two cents about the issue is not important to him.

“I don’t feel like anyone is obligated to talk about that kind of stuff unless they want to,” he said.

“I don’t feel like everybody has to be like Kendrick or talk about political things just to try to stand out… For me, I wasn’t there when [the police brutality incidents] occurred, on top of that, I didn’t go to any marches. I didn’t go to any protests. So, for me, I can’t speak on it because I’m not helping to change it. I didn’t figure out a way through my art if I felt like it was something I should talk about, but I don’t feel like I have a need to.”

The “LSD” rapper also said that he feels that there should be more focus on black-on-black crime rather than the police killings of black people.

Why are we exploiting the beef between the urban community and police officers when in all reality during Memorial [Day] weekend, 60-some odd people were shot just on a Friday and Saturday?

Sixty-some odd people in one weekend in Chicago… black-on-black crime.

One cop shoots a black person, let’s march. Let’s protest, let’s promote our mixtapes on TV, and all that…

I feel like if you’re not going to talk about the main topic, don’t talk about it at all…

If we’re going to talk about that, let’s talk about the black people killing black people?

So if nobody wants to talk about that, neither do I.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Re: WTF?? A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In Musi

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered
Re: WTF?? A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In Musi

I actually don't have a problem with what he said for the first comment. I don't agree with his second comment, at least not "more focus". There's always been "more focus" on "black on black crime"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I actually don't have a problem with what he said for the first comment. I don't agree with his second comment, at least not "more focus". There's always been "more focus" on "black on black crime"

agreed in CONTEXT the first one makes some type of sense

but the second one he lost me to the point I have to reevaluate the intent behind the first statement.

(0_0)..l.. finger

A GOD
Certified Pussy Poster

"Why are we exploiting the beef between the urban community and police officers when in all reality during Memorial [Day] weekend, 60-some odd people were shot just on a Friday and Saturday?

One cop shoots a black person, let’s march. Let’s protest, let’s promote our mixtapes on TV, and all that…

I feel like if you’re not going to talk about the main topic, don’t talk about it at all…

If we’re going to talk about that, let’s talk about the black people killing black people?

well, its not like he is lying.:dunno:

King Natty

Rising Star
Registered

Chicago just had an anti-violence rally. So sick of smart dumb niggas claiming nobody says or does anything about problems in our community

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

This guy is a flaming bag of shit.

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered

I find him disagreeable.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Chicago just had an anti-violence rally. So sick of smart dumb niggas claiming nobody says or does anything about problems in our community

these fake deep new black dudes is dangerous...

every time I want the youth of hip hop to speak up

then they do...

and I wish they didn't.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

There are non stop vigils and anti violence bbq's and protests in Camden, Oakland and damn near every city with black death but that's not good for ratings. What else do these coons expect? People are mad in the hood about Black murder . Why the fuck is this faggot hoe acting like we don't protest and march against violence ?

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

God we need a drop squad to purge niggas like this :smh:

My post has ended. Stop reading, jackass :hmm:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

This.

I'm sick of these dumb niggas.

WestIndianArchie

Rising Star
Registered

A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In His Music

Due to the deaths of black men like Mike Brown, Eric Garner and many others, rappers have felt the need to speak out about police brutality plaguing black communities. Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole took their frustrations about the tension between the cops and people of color to the booth, but A$AP Rocky said he does not see the need to discuss this issue in his music.

During his appearance at Oxford University in London, he said that putting in his two cents about the issue is not important to him.

“I don’t feel like anyone is obligated to talk about that kind of stuff unless they want to,” he said.

“I don’t feel like everybody has to be like Kendrick or talk about political things just to try to stand out… For me, I wasn’t there when [the police brutality incidents] occurred, on top of that, I didn’t go to any marches. I didn’t go to any protests. So, for me, I can’t speak on it because I’m not helping to change it. I didn’t figure out a way through my art if I felt like it was something I should talk about, but I don’t feel like I have a need to.”

The “LSD” rapper also said that he feels that there should be more focus on black-on-black crime rather than the police killings of black people.

Why are we exploiting the beef between the urban community and police officers when in all reality during Memorial [Day] weekend, 60-some odd people were shot just on a Friday and Saturday?

:lol:

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

Sometimes, the more "enlightened" people try to show themselves to be, the more they show just how deep in the dark they are. Just like others, I actually understood what he was saying in the first part of his comment.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sometimes, the more "enlightened" people try to show themselves to be, the more they show just how deep in the dark they are. Just like others, I actually understood what he was saying in the first part of his comment.

the lukewarm reception from the moment he entered the room should have been our tip off.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

a coon hipster

sometimes, the more "enlightened" people try to show themselves to be, the more they show just how deep in the dark they are. Just like others, i actually understood what he was saying in the first part of his comment.

there are non stop vigils and anti violence bbq's and protests in camden, oakland and damn near every city with black death but that's not good for ratings. What else do these coons expect? People are mad in the hood about black murder . Why the fuck is this faggot hoe acting like we don't protest and march against violence ?

these

Ghost'Em

Rising Star
Registered

Fuck what another nigga is doing. What are you doing? It's easy to get up in arms about what a "celebrity" is not doing. Most of these dudes are puppets with masters hands up their asses. Everybody won't be like Kendrick or Cole. Fuck it. Let's ride with those that are down for the cause and push the others to the side.

bigman23

Rising Star
Registered

Fuck what another nigga is doing. What are you doing? It's easy to get up in arms about what a "celebrity" is not doing. Most of these dudes are puppets with masters hands up their asses. Everybody won't be like Kendrick or Cole. Fuck it. Let's ride with those that are down for the cause and push the others to the side.

everybody don't have to be like kendrick and cole if that not your lane people should stay in their lane i don't want to hear young thug talk about social issues.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

He needs to STFU ASAP

giphy.gif

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Seeing is believing to some of those people. They don't believe a community is tired of that killing bullshit is speaking, but believe a spiritual being exists in the heavens. Can't have it both ways...and this goes to the Faux news crowd.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Word.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

Black-on-black crime needs to be addressed???

Hip-hop has BECOME black-on-black crime's soundtrack and he's right in there with that movement, but wants to talk shit about the rappers that choose to address a legitimate issue in the black community??

PLUS, the rappers that ARE addressing police brutality are more than likely the only ones ACTUALLY addressing black-on-black crime so what the fuck is his real goal? To encourage rappers to remove police from the equation?

He's a coon sellout.

D Kline

PROUD BLACK AMERICAN !
Registered

"Why are we exploiting the beef between the urban community and police officers when in all reality during Memorial [Day] weekend, 60-some odd people were shot just on a Friday and Saturday?

well, its not like he is lying.:dunno:

Our community is hypocritical. Black Twitter only focuses on what the next issue that white folks either hurt some feelings or didn't put some female actress on some magazine cover.

Finally a rapper who gets it. A sista who beats cancer gets her home broken into by several brothas. We cannot live peacefully in our own communities.we have to worry about some brotha who is mad at the world because he came up rough wanting to take what we work hard for.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

He need to return to his mother's homeland(Somalia) and get some heart back.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Isn't this the nigga that wore a dress to an awards show or something?
Yeah. Not fuckin' with him.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

for those defending Rocky or talking about black on black crime...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster