WTF?? A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In Music

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Re: WTF?? A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In Musi

again at first blush...what he attempts to state sounds reasonable but once given the most minimum of analysis...

he talking bullshit.

and from what he CLAIMS to come from and represent that is the worst black on black crime there is...

and it seems most in the audience could see/hear that.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: WTF?? A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In Musi

"Why are we exploiting the beef between the urban community and police officers when in all reality during Memorial [Day] weekend, 60-some odd people were shot just on a Friday and Saturday?

Sixty-some odd people in one weekend in Chicago… black-on-black crime.

One cop shoots a black person, let’s march. Let’s protest, let’s promote our mixtapes on TV, and all that…

I feel like if you’re not going to talk about the main topic, don’t talk about it at all…

If we’re going to talk about that, let’s talk about the black people killing black people?

So if nobody wants to talk about that, neither do I.”

well, its not like he is lying.:dunno:

my thing is this even if black on black crime was to decrease would it really stop white cops from killing us?????

I agree Black on black crime makes me just as mad but white folks and their barbaric history of slaughtering us since we was brought to this muthafucka pisses me off a tad bit more...............

H.Clarke

Rising Star
Registered

Chicago just had an anti-violence rally. So sick of smart dumb niggas claiming nobody says or does anything about problems in our community

There are non stop vigils and anti violence bbq's and protests in Camden, Oakland and damn near every city with black death but that's not good for ratings. What else do these coons expect? People are mad in the hood about Black murder . Why the fuck is this faggot hoe acting like we don't protest and march against violence ?

This.

I'm sick of these dumb niggas.

Thank You BGOL fam. I c/s 100%

somebody else posted dick gregory's comments about white on white, asian on asian and mexican on mexican crime. Here in houston you see that alot. Esp Mexican on Mexican, so we look at the shit differently down here and really :confused: & :angry: at the stupid ass black on black crime comments.

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Chicago just had an anti-violence rally. So sick of smart dumb niggas claiming nobody says or does anything about problems in our community
Baltimore just had one to plus people on the ground working with the youth just like all major cities but they don't get the news coverage. Detroit 300,Chicagos The Interrputors,100 Black Men INC in all major cities, fraternities, sororities, social orgs as well.

When the government purposely attacks one group since they got here hundreds of years ago with slavery, segregation, Black Codes, lynchings, destroying prosperous communities, killing off and imprisoning people who try to help bring Black people together to build themselves up, false drug wars to imprison them, control housing so the majority live in poor areas with poor schools and a curriculum that doesn't engage them,
flood the communities of a depressed people that can't catch a break from new forms of oppression which definitely has messed with their psych, with drugs and guns.Have a racist judicial system that works hand in hand with racist law enforcement and racist law makers to target them and then you end up with communities like Chicago then they turn around, put their hands behind their backs and tell you to clean the mess you made.

D Kline

PROUD BLACK AMERICAN !
Registered

Thank You BGOL fam. I c/s 100%

somebody else posted dick gregory's comments about white on white, asian on asian and mexican on mexican crime. Here in houston you see that alot. Esp Mexican on Mexican, so we look at the shit differently down here and really :confused: & :angry: at the stupid ass black on black crime comments.

You take Dick Gregory seriously. :smh: A super red black and green militant rally could happen every day for 2yrs I don't see anything changing. A Detroit 300 founder was murdered at a club. The violence hasn't stopped in Detroit. On July 8TH in Philly power 99 a local rap station is having a town hall meeting to curb the violence and murders. Cosmic Kev and others will be on the panel.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A$AP Rocky Refuses To Answer Questions About Donald Trump: Don't Ask Me No Sh*t Like That
byYohance Kyles (@HUEYmixwitRILEY)
14 hrs
The Harlem rapper also discusses his new views on the Black Lives Matter movement.

(AllHipHop News) While other emcees - such as YG, Snoop Dogg, and Eminem - have been taking direct aim at Donald Trump and his policies, A$AP Rocky chose not to address the current occupant of the White House.

The Harlem rapper was asked about Trump during an interview with SHOWStudio. He responded, "Don't ask me no sh-t like that on camera, sweetheart. Next question. You know better than that... That's not a good question. Don't play yourself."

In the past, Rocky caught some criticism for his comments about the Black Lives Matter movement. The "F-ckin' Problems" performer offered new thoughts about the subject.

"When it comes to Black Lives Matter, at first, I didn't fully develop the concept of it, I didn't fully understand it," stated the A$AP Mob member. "What it really should be is: 'Does black lives matter to white people in America?' When you ask me as a black man if black lives matter - hell f-cking yeah. But, that's not the question. So yes, black lives matter."

The SHOWStudio conversation also included A$AP Rocky discussing fashion, drug use, feminism, and more.

Sir_Fuzzy_McWaffle_Feet

Support BGOL
Registered

"Why are we exploiting the beef between the urban community and police officers when in all reality during Memorial [Day] weekend, 60-some odd people were shot just on a Friday and Saturday?

One cop shoots a black person, let’s march. Let’s protest, let’s promote our mixtapes on TV, and all that…

I feel like if you’re not going to talk about the main topic, don’t talk about it at all…

If we’re going to talk about that, let’s talk about the black people killing black people?

well, its not like he is lying.:dunno:
Arent u 5-0

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

There are non stop vigils and anti violence bbq's and protests in Camden, Oakland and damn near every city with black death but that's not good for ratings. What else do these coons expect? People are mad in the hood about Black murder . Why the fuck is this faggot hoe acting like we don't protest and march against violence ?
Maybe someone should take a knee at a football game or something. That oughtta bring it to the forefront.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

Name 2 of his hits. Go!
Lol talk about a ad hominem. "I don't like what he said so I'll just say he isn't even successful. "

He doesnt know you either and he ain't in a thread talking about you , so what you say is irrelevant too lol

It's not JUST Black On Black crime that's bad. It's RIDICULOUS and MUCH more prevalent than any police brutality. And a large amount of these murders go unsolved. Shit, we don't even know who the Black men are who killed the most famous rappers ever. Our "blue shield" is worse than the cops, even when its rappers we claim to love. So no, "Pooky" doesn't go to jail for killing "Tyrone" because " "Latisha" won't snitch.

On a list of shit I worry about when I walk out the house, violence from another black man is FAR above worrying about the police, black or white. But y'all keep running the narrative that in the end, does nothing for us.

I'd agree more with asap if his music wasn't the soundtrack of the shit, as someone already mentioned.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lol talk about a ad hominem. "I don't like what he said so I'll just say he isn't even successful. "

He doesnt know you either and he ain't in a thread talking about you , so what you say is irrelevant too lol

It's not JUST Black On Black crime that's bad. It's RIDICULOUS and MUCH more prevalent than any police brutality. And a large amount of these murders go unsolved. Shit, we don't even know who the Black men are who killed the most famous rappers ever. Our "blue shield" is worse than the cops, even when its rappers we claim to love. So no, "Pooky" doesn't go to jail for killing "Tyrone" because " "Latisha" won't snitch.

On a list of shit I worry about when I walk out the house, violence from another black man is FAR above worrying about the police, black or white. But y'all keep running the narrative that in the end, does nothing for us.

I'd agree more with asap if his music wasn't the soundtrack of the shit, as someone already mentioned.
That's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing fam. Name one hit.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
'New Blacks' don't want to be labeled as a 'trouble maker' by doing things like speaking out against injustices such as state sponsored police brutality. Too much risk in potentially losing too many white fan$ for #TeamNewBlack

He's basically staying in his (perceived safe) lane

Better

Support BGOL
Registered

As I've said to you in the past, we've both been asked to do hand verifications, because we've both expressed a no. of opinions that go against the preferred narrative.

The problem with the issue I bolded is, the statistics do suggest that so-called black on black crime is significantly more prevalent than killings by police, but it is generally white people who point that out - TOTALLY missing the damn point.

Who do YOU expect more of?

Some thug or those who are hired to protect and serve?

If you think about it, while no one wants unnecessary murder, SHOULDN'T there be more killings by lawless thugs than there are police killings, especially considering there are countries who don't even have a tenth of the police killings that we have?

Now, thugs are usually taken care of if caught and generally given long sentences for murder.

Now, I've seen white people say that a lot of the victims of police shootings are criminals - which hasn't been the case in many instances, but.... - but so are a lot of the victims who are getting gunned down in the streets. I can think of about ten people who've been gunned down, and every single one of them were street niggas killed by other street niggas.

My point is, it is one thing to be gunned down by a cop, but it is another thing for said cop to get off, even when he clearly wasn't in any danger. It is further frustrating when you see cops firing off rounds the moment they hit the scene, yet you see video of them exercising EXTREME PATIENCE with a lot of white dudes pointing real guns directly AT THEM.

How are you willing to have an hour stand off with some white dude pointing a gun at you, but you were told Tamir Rice's gun was probably fake, and the moment your feet hit the ground, you fired and killed him? And you do no jail time for that? You were told it was probably fake, and you didn't even give him a chance to drop his weapon?

Thugs are not being treated this way by the court systems, and if cops were punished for excessive force, it probably would deter others from using unnecessary or excessive force. However, many of the cops have seen that one pig after the next has gotten off, so it has apparently emboldened them.

woodchuck swears you're black, tho'.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Is this dude popping like that?

I admit I don't know much about him, but I'm in my late-30s, and don't keep in touch. Shit, I remember someone telling me Wiz Khalifa was big, and I checked out his Twitter following, and that nigga 20M followers at the time. I was like, 'WHAAAAAAT?" I know I'm out the loop, but god damn. LOLOLOL.

Similar shit with the The Weekend. I thought dude was in the industry, but kind of small time. Boy, was I wrong.

dlow

Rising Star
Registered
A$AP Rocky Says He Doesn’t See The Need To Address Police Brutality In His Music

Due to the deaths of black men like Mike Brown, Eric Garner and many others, rappers have felt the need to speak out about police brutality plaguing black communities. Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole took their frustrations about the tension between the cops and people of color to the booth, but A$AP Rocky said he does not see the need to discuss this issue in his music.

During his appearance at Oxford University in London, he said that putting in his two cents about the issue is not important to him.

“I don’t feel like anyone is obligated to talk about that kind of stuff unless they want to,” he said.

“I don’t feel like everybody has to be like Kendrick or talk about political things just to try to stand out… For me, I wasn’t there when [the police brutality incidents] occurred, on top of that, I didn’t go to any marches. I didn’t go to any protests. So, for me, I can’t speak on it because I’m not helping to change it. I didn’t figure out a way through my art if I felt like it was something I should talk about, but I don’t feel like I have a need to.”

The “LSD” rapper also said that he feels that there should be more focus on black-on-black crime rather than the police killings of black people.

Why are we exploiting the beef between the urban community and police officers when in all reality during Memorial [Day] weekend, 60-some odd people were shot just on a Friday and Saturday?

He is correct everyone does not have to speak. Public enemy and NWA was speaking on this shit a long time ago and nobody fucked with biggie for not speaking, or the fresh prince or anyone else. Those with the talent and knowledge to make a clear and concise statement need to speak. Coons running around talking about bling need to shut up.

And yes why the fuck are we not talking about black on black crime, were is that thread and what are we doing about it. I worked with boys and girls clubs to make a difference. Bitching about 10 deaths by cops while 100 black on black crimes go unsolved so that we can hold up no snitching is crazy. Yes it’s a shame that some cops kill and abuse there authority, but it’s another thing to watch the CIA put drugs in our community and not snitch on the same type of people who are very much pulling the trigger on black on black crime. Just because a brother pulled the trigger does not mean that the root cause is not in gonverment. Your not snitching on a brother your turning in a Uncle Tom.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered

*rock clapping GIF*
giphy.gif

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

Change your name to Exiled Coon

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A$AP Rocky Held in Swedish Detention Center for Two Weeks After Assault Arrest
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
5-ASAP-Rocky.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Steven Lawton/Getty Images

On Friday, a Swedish court ruled that A$AP Rocky, whose given name is Rakim Mayers, poses a flight risk following his arrest for an alleged assault. For the next two weeks, the rapper will be detained in a Stockholm detention center while authorities conduct an investigation into the incident, in which Rocky and his companions got into an altercation with two men on the street on Sunday.

“So a few drug addicts are not my fans. We don’t know these guys and we didn’t want trouble,” the rapper wrote under one of the two Instagram videos he posted of the scuffle. “They followed us for 4 blocks and they were slapping girls butts who passed. Give me a break.” Under the other, Rocky wrote, “Hits Security in face with headphones then follow us.” According to the New York Times, a video clip published by Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet allegedly shows the rapper hurling one of the men to the ground.

Rocky’s lawyer, Henrik Olsson Lilja, told the Times, “He of course is very disappointed and this is a catastrophe for his tour.” The rapper’s lawyer says he acted in self-defense, and plans to appeal the Friday ruling. Rocky had been scheduled to perform at London’s Wireless Festival on Sunday.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Rihanna Reportedly, Apparently, Supposedly, Allegedly, Regrettably Isn’t Single Anymore
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
Photo: Karwai Tang/WireImage

56da152d33d54f4b15e4d7b8f34beab17c-30-Rihanna-ASAP-Rocky.rsquare.w330.jpg

2020 might be a year unlike any other, but no matter the cast of our ever-shifting reality, one thing remains the same: Cuffing season is upon us. Despite what our crackerjack reporting might have suggested earlier this year, People now reports that Rihanna is allegedly, to the best of our knowledge, no longer single, now that she’s dating longtime friend and onetime opener, A$AP Rocky, who the singer was seen dining with at New York’s Beatrice Inn this weekend.

In reality, the news doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Per Us Weekly, Rihanna and boyfriend Hassan Jameel broke up at the beginning of the year, and soon after, she was rumored to be spending time with the “Fashion Killa” rapper in late January, back when celebrity couples could hypothetically be spotted out and about. (Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas excluded.)

Moreover, only a fool could watch Rihanna and A$AP Rocky interview each other for GQ and Vogue in August without suspecting something romantic was afoot, even if their couple-ish content was in service of her Fenty Skin campaign. After all, it is still a pandemic. Aren’t we all looking at the opening act of our 2013 Diamonds World Tour with fresh eyes? Fresh eyes that want to date someone who we know and, more important, who is already safely in our quarantine bubble?

giphy.gif