Wow Texas power grid is really fucked up and I do blame the Republicans

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Just wait until the rapid thaw of all this ice and snow. It will be another disaster :smh:

Hard for me to even joke about how bad this shit is. No heat, no power, low food stocks, and unable to even leave your home.

There are a bunch of people dead or dying in their homes and no one even realizes it yet.
I know one thing all he’ll need to break loose with the government of Texas because this shit was avoidable in 2011 the federal government told these assholes to upgrade their power system because of issues like what’s going on now and they did nothing. Also I think there is some hard corruption going on between the power company and state politicians when they do come in and investigate they need to look at those books

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have this one. It's on sale right now at Home Depot.

Also this is the wheel kit you have to buy it separately.

Sportsman Generator Wheel Kit Assembly for 4000-Watt Sportsman Generators

Nice, and lots of good reviews on that one. I was looking for something between 4K and 5K watts so that's on the low end, but quite a bit less than what I thought I'd need to spend. I need to check it out in action, because I also want one that isn't too loud.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Nice, and lots of good reviews on that one. I was looking for something between 4K and 5K watts so that's on the low end, but quite a bit less than what I thought I'd need to spend. I need to check it out in action, because I also want one that isn't too loud.

They're all loud. When the power went out in NY a few of my neighbors had generators and I could hear them going. But I used this to keep my stand up freezer running so I didn't lose all the meat I bought over time on sale.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Any of you guys know how energy is billed? When we get billed on the bill is always a estimate of wattage used?

How would a rich person be able to scam and make money in the energy field? Would they be able to sell to another group, estimate what a city would use, overbill and repeat or something similar?

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some heads have to roll for this
For just letting free markets do what they do? This is the model. Its not new, its just been refined by recent technological advances.

Step 1. Dominate or completely corner the market by way of complaisant politicians
Step 2. Create or simply wait until there is a spike in demand
Step 3. Charge exorbitant prices for as long as consumers are willing and able to pay them.
Step 4. Pay off politicians to avoid repercussions and repeat.

Last edited:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It happened in 2011. El Paso had so many water mains burst because the low temps from the Polar Vortex dipped down as far as Northern Mexico.
It's not unprecedented...they simply counted on it only happening once every so often. They shot craps and rolled snake eyes this year.
These aren't once in a lifetime incidents. I was in El Paso in 1987 when it snowed 22 inches. They got lucky, a day or two later it was back up to 60 and the snow melted away. A month later I drove through Dallas and it snowed less than 6 inches and shut that town down for 2 or 3 days. It's rare but it does happen. The powers that be made a decision to go with it.