Woman arrrested after saving a cop from a wrecked squad car..

Rtu456

Potential Star
Registered
And you already know what race she is.

Chicago and police officers lose case and $7.7 million for false arrest

A trained nurse, Rachelle Jackson immediately ran toward the sound of the crash. A Chicago police car had collided with another vehicle and was starting to smoke, two officers still inside. Fearing an explosion, she quickly pulled one officer from the passenger side.She never imagined her act of kindness nearly six years ago would land her in jail for more than 10 months on charges that she robbed, battered and disarmed a peace officer.

Jackson filed a lawsuit, and on Thursday a federal jury found against the city and several Chicago police officers, awarding Jackson $7.7 million for false arrest, malicious prosecution, coercive questioning and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

"I'm going to go home and lie down for a little bit," an ecstatic Jackson, 41, said after the verdict. "I feel relieved. I'm happy, and I'm thanking God."

The case began in November 2002, when a car ran a stop sign in Jackson's neighborhood, slamming into the squad car. Jackson was walking nearby and rushed to the scene. When she arrived, the officer behind the wheel was unconscious and the passenger, Officer Kelly Brogan, was dazed.

She pulled Brogan from the wreckage and helped her to a nearby stoop. Soon after, police approached Jackson and told her that the driver's weapon had been stolen. When she was asked to go to the police station for questioning, she thought it was as a witness to the accident.

Instead, Jackson was accused of the theft. She was held for two days with little food and water and was threatened with violence until she agreed to sign a statement police had prepared for her. She was then charged and spent more than 10 months in the Cook County Jail awaiting trial.

Her case was later thrown out by a Circuit Court judge. Jackson sued the city, Brogan and the two interrogation officers in 2003.

Defense attorney Andrew Hale said the amount the jury awarded Jackson was "excessive" and that he would file post-trial motions to have the amount reduced.

He also questioned Jackson's intentions when she pulled the officer from the car.

"The officer said [Jackson] came at her, tried to get her gun and put her in a full-Nelson hold," Hale said. "I'm disappointed the jury could think that would be a legitimate rescue technique."

But Jackson's attorneys said it was clear she was trying to help the officer, not harm her.

"This was an innocent woman who saved a police officer from a burning car," said Chris Smith, who tried the case with Dan Alexander. "There were many heroes out there who helped the police, but they all turned into suspects because some guy ran away with the gun."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-federal_jury_verdictjun13,0,4630555.story

Lady-Wiz

Star
Super Moderator
what kinda world is this where you can't even save someone's life these days without having to go through some bullshit :smh::hmm:

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
damn.

she should've let the pigs die. no amount of money can get you time lost back.....

Mr.O

Star
Registered
Dumbfucks, I doubt they arrested her because of race, they were just being assholes.

Last edited:

Imhotep

Star
Registered
Damn, make you wonder it you see something should you help, video tape it, or contact your lawyer 1st.......:smh::smh:

The good new is she is $7.7 million better off now :yes::yes:

coming_soon_cover_crop.gif

xeon

Star
Registered
Its crazy how people will point to rappers "teaching" young kids to hate and distrust the police but then you read a story like this.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
I'm glad she got rewarded for her troubles, thats some b.s Chicago police pulled but im not surprised either

NnubianN

Audio & Video Guru
Registered
Its crazy how people will point to rappers "teaching" young kids to hate and distrust the police but then you read a story like this.
But you'll excuse the guns & violence, bitches & hoes, 'Niggas' & drugs they rap about right? You're not really so narrow minded I'm sure. You're only making an attempt in being controversial (I'm hoping). As much as we hate to admit it, not ALL cops are bad.

Put it this way...I trust cops about as much as I trust two brothers following me from the train station at 2 in the morning but I know who I'd want to see rolling by right about then. Damn shame. But that's how it is

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Shoulda been $80,000,000!

There is no excuse for misuse of power like that. TEN FUCKING MONTHS!

They had no evidence she took the gun.
She possibly save the lives of two of there own.
They never gave her the benefit of a doubt.

Fuck them.

Buffalo Soldier

Support BGOL
Registered
She should not blame the police they are only doing their job, she should blame the thuggish blackman who stole the honest hardworking patriotic cops gun.
she is a black coon bitch out for a payday instead of working like civilized people. I bet she has alot of baby daddies!!!
^^^^SARCASM^^^^

waiting on Halo and Deuterion and the other cop lovers to come runing

Slayde

Potential Star
Registered
This is exactly why people are hesitant to help others in distress, like those bystanders where that old man got hit by a car in Hartford,CT. Never know when you'll be hit with a lawsuit...or arrested.

Who in their right mind would try to steal a gun from a cop, and stay on the scene the whole time? And the cop who said that she tried to put put her in a "full Nelson" should be glad someone helped her. If someone pulled me from a smoking wreckage I'd be grateful even if it was "rough".

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
But you said race played no part in this--explain yourself. I'll be over here shaving

predator.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mr. O has a hard time believing police can be racist.....at least that's what I gather from his posting history.

This is a sad story. Glad she won the law suit at least.

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
and they wonder why they get called PIGS

Don't talk to the police.

Last edited:

HALO2

CONNOISSEUR OF FINE WOMEN
Registered
:smh: I'm glad she was awarded that money, she should have gotten more.

drunkard

Potential Star
Registered
how big was this police officer if he felt threatened by some lady grabbing his head. too bad they dont have pictures.

180px-Masterlock.jpg

hart

Star
Registered
they wonder why we dont help
Had something similar happen to me years ago when a motorist hit a man on a bike.

I saw it --> rushed to call police...then stayed there trying to calm the hysteric driver and help the man who got hit.

Finally the police arrive and they immediately start questioning people as to what happened... without surprise a officer immediately starts questioning me in a accusatory fashion
I tell the cop I am just trying to help .... he doesnt believe me... .....until a white motorist speaks up and says that I was trying to help....:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

It was my fault :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: because I broke the golden rule of street assistance that I was taught growing up which is -----> "If you dont know the person you dont help --> you keep it moving"

Rhayne

Star
Registered
wow, thats fucked up, you can't even save a persons life without going to jail, you got cops killin and beatin niggas, and than when one saves of us saves them from dying, we get locked the fuck up.