william macy, felicity huffman 50 other actors CEO's execs arrested this morning college admission

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Im confused....Why's this a crime? LOL

You have to meet certain academic requirements to get into some of these colleges, you have to be recruited in a certain sport to receive a athletic scholarship. They were paying the SAT administrators to change the kids test scores so they could get in the college and paying the coaches to give the kids athletic scholarships when the kid didn’t even play the sport. For every false admission these kids bought to get in another kid was rejected from the school. The part about the kids not knowing is bullshit, the kids knew they weren’t smart enough to get into these top colleges

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't see how she could be involved and not him unless they're estranged and haven't made it public.

Or he dropped dime on her.....

Or she's the only one with the incriminating emails / phone records

Or he hasn't arranged to turn himself in yet....

Or whatever of the 50-11 excuses white people get to avoid public naming / shaming

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You have to meet certain academic requirements to get into some of these colleges, you have to be recruited in a certain sport to receive a athletic scholarship. They were paying the SAT administrators to change the kids test scores so they could get in the college and paying the coaches to give the kids athletic scholarships when the kid didn’t even play the sport. For every false admission these kids bought to get in another kid was rejected from the school. The part about the kids not knowing is bullshit, the kids knew they weren’t smart enough to get into these top colleges

This... and dude instructed
these rich folk to make these payments as "charitable donations" to his company. Then they wrote them off on their taxes

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Meh...Slap on the wrist? Sounds like some shit like....a parking ticket to me.

Mr. Del

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
shyt why doesn't it....like i said....if having money doesn't entitle you to shyt.....why have it?

yeah i know its illegal....

but still

Because like u said. It's illegal. Having money doesn't mean you're above the law. It means you can buy nice things and it gives you access to the finer things in life. This isn't one of those things.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Actually, a great education is one of the "finer things in life".
They just wanted to skip the parts where you study and work hard for it.
What's that shit uppity white folks say? "Let's just not and say we did."
Racketeering carries some serious weight. Dude better get his affairs in order. He's gonna be gone for a minute.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
ESPN
Ex-Penn coach Allen says he took $300K bribe
12:14 AM ET

Mark Schlabach,
ESPN Senior Writer

Former Penn basketball coach Jerome Allen testified during a federal criminal trial on Friday that he accepted roughly $300,000 in bribes from a Florida businessman to help get the man's son into the Ivy League school using a basketball priority slot.

Allen, now an assistant coach with the Boston Celtics, pleaded guilty in October to accepting an $18,000 bribe from the man in 2014.

The $300,000 total wasn't disclosed until Allen testified during the $450 million Medicare and Medicaid fraud case involving Philip Esformes, a Miami nursing home mogul.

According to Allen's testimony, which was reported on by Law360.com, Allen also testified that former Penn assistant Ira Bowman, who is currently on Auburn's coaching staff, had knowledge of the scheme and became involved after Allen was forced to resign as the Quakers' coach in March 2015.

Allen told the jury he set up a separate bank account for Esformes to wire him money and gave Bowman a debit card to access the funds.

Allen testified that he trained Esformes' son, Morris, in basketball during several trips to Miami, in which Esformes paid for Allen to stay in beachfront hotels, ride in limousines and attend Miami Heatgames.

After the workouts, Esformes handed him plastic bags filled with about $10,000 in cash, Allen told the jury, according to Law360.com. Esformes told Allen his son's dream was to attend Penn and play basketball for the Quakers. If Allen made that happen, Esformes told him, they would be "family for life."

"The one thing I take seriously is when I extend myself to someone, and if they tell me we're family for life, I take it seriously," Allen told the jury. "I took it to mean he was going to make sure I was going to be taken care of, as well."

Allen said he didn't believe Morris Esformes was good enough to play basketball at Penn.

"I just didn't think he was good enough," Allen said. "He was 5-foot-8, wasn't overly athletic. He could handle the ball fairly well, and in my opinion at that time, he wasn't good enough to help our program win."

In the fall of 2014, Allen still put Morris Esformes on a list of priority recruits and slotted him for one of two spots for admission at the prestigious Wharton School of Business.

Morris Esformes is currently a senior at Penn, though he has never played for the Quakers.

Allen faces 10 years in prison, although he is expected to receive a much lighter sentence in exchange for his cooperation. He must repay the $18,000 in bribes and also pay a $200,000 fine.

"I failed on many levels," Allen said in a statement in October. "Primarily, I had a failure of character. I did not live up to the high standards I set for myself, or were expected of me in the position that I held.

"I am heartbroken that my players -- current and former -- will know that I broke the law. But, I do hope that some good may come out of this."Bowman, a former Providence and Penn player and the 1995-96 Ivy LeaguePlayer of the Year, was hired as an Auburn assistant in July.

Former Tigers assistant Chuck Person was arrested in September 2017 in a federal bribery case involving college basketball corruption. Person is scheduled for trial in New York in June.

In a statement to the Philadelphia Inquirer on Monday, Penn athletics officials said: "We were extremely disappointed to learn that Jerome Allen, former head men's basketball coach at Penn, accepted payments to recruit a potential student-athlete to Penn and concealed that conduct from the Athletic Department and University administration.

"Until Jerome's testimony last week, we also were unaware that former assistant men's basketball coach Ira Bowman had any relevant knowledge of the matter. The University has been cooperating fully with the government and the NCAA so that the matter is appropriately redressed.
_______
Too bad these brothers got caught up in this.

People think that just getting these schools is the big thing, when what you do while you're there and who you can network with is the thing that helps the most. Doesn't matter if it's the Ivy League or an HBCU.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They didn’t want the education, just the brand or stamp on their personal resume.

“I dropped out of xxxx to pursue my business idea/true calling/ to immediately get active”. It just a name drop to say to the world, “ I’m smart” without proving it.
Plus it’s a vanity admission for the parents.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
The more and more access we get to better technology, the more and more the public "learns" shit that black people have known for decades maybe centuries. That whitey are the biggest cheats and criminals walking around this country.

Indeed them and Asians are the most cheating fuckers I ever experienced throughout college matriculation. When I say Asians I'm talking about all of them from the Chinese to the two for one coolies of India. The have legions of organized cheaters.

Esther

Rising Star
OG Investor
The more and more access we get to better technology, the more and more the public "learns" shit that black people have known for decades maybe centuries. That whitey are the biggest cheats and criminals walking around this country.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You have black kids thinking they aren’t smart enough to get into these schools because all these privilege ass honkies are paying to get in.

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cacs have so many forms of affirm action its not even funny...

shit was really big news with the new york fire dept and how deep nepotism runs with them...

to the point the test to become of new york city fireman was proven to racist and a disadvantage to
'"inner city" youth who wanted to be firemen...

sheet lets not even talk about the electrical and carpenter uniouns another bastion of nepotism which benefits cacs...

this afirm act fo cacs runs deep....

but the haters just worried about the folks who deserve it the most gettin it...

cant make this shit up bruh
This x 100

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Haven't heard Macy's name mentioned at all except in the thread title. Why was Huffman arrested but not Macy?
his wife was probably the one who interacted with whomever they were bribing and therefore they only have evidence against her. Obviously if she did it he was aware but they probably don't have evidence against him.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Never knew Felicity Huffman was his baby mama. Whoa...

She was really on some Desperate Housewives chit...
giphy.gif

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't see how she could be involved and not him unless they're estranged and haven't made it public.

If all the correspondence is from her and not him (and he is never mentioned) or if she says the husband didn't know she was setting this up. (both have their own money). he could be cleared unless he decides to jump into the fire with her.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
rich CACS got caught doing what they do.

not just rich cacs :ssshhh::ssshhh::ssshhh::ssshhh::ssshhh:
Elite Asian students cheat like mad on US college applications
GlobalPost

January 04, 2012 · 11:00 AM UTC

BANGKOK, Thailand — From sleep to social lives, there is little Asia’s most upwardly mobile students won’t sacrifice for education. Though they belong to the so-called “Asian Century,” American colleges remain the premier destination for the elite from Shanghai to Singapore to Seoul.

The path to US college acceptance, however, increasingly compels students to sacrifice their integrity. For the right price, unscrupulous college prep agencies offer ghostwritten essays in flawless English, fake awards, manipulated transcripts and even whiz kids for hire who’ll pose as the applicant for SAT exams.

“Oh my God, they can do everything for you,” said Nok, 17-year-old Thai senior in her final year at a private Bangkok high school. (She asked GlobalPost to alter her name for this article.) “They can take the SAT for you, no problem. Most students don’t really think it’s wrong.”

https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-01-04/elite-asian-students-cheat-mad-us-college-applications

Asian Immigrants and What No One Mentions Aloud
October 8, 2013

The stereotype, delicately put: first and second generation Chinese, Korean, and Indian Americans often fail to embody the sterling academic credentials they include with their applications, and do not live up to the expectations these universities have for top tier students.

Less delicately put: They cheat. And when they don’t cheat, they game tests in a way utterly incomprehensible to the Western mind, leading to test scores with absolutely zero link to underlying ability. Or both. Or maybe it’s all cheating, and we just don’t know it. Either way, the resumes are functional fraud.

https://educationrealist.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/asian-immigrants-and-what-no-one-mentions-aloud/

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The College Admission Bribery Scandal Is Truly Bizarre
Federal agents arrested dozens of people in connection with a conspiracy to admit the children of the rich and famous into elite universities, sometimes under the pretense of being an NCAA athlete. Its code name: Operation Varsity Blues.
By Claire McNear Mar 12, 2019, 4:05pm EDTSHARE
admissions_scandal_AP_Ringer.0.jpg
AP Images/Ringer illustration
My favorite part of the still-unfurling college admissions bribery caper—a.k.a. the Great Scantron Scammer Scandal, a.k.a. the 2019 Cheater Charade—is this: “Aw.”

According to a federal indictment, that is what the actress Felicity Huffman said upon learning that the man who was allegedly supposed to help boost her youngest daughter’s SAT score had just had a baby, and so needed some extra notice to prepare. Aw. A baby! How sweet! The bad news—for both Huffman and for the test taker/baby haver, who is now in (legal term incoming) A Lot Of Trouble—is that the person she allegedly discussed the scheme with happened to be a cooperating witness for the government, which, alas, does not seem to think that wealthy parents bribing their children’s way into elite colleges or high test scores is the stuff of pleasant chitchat.

View image on Twitter

Scott MacFarlane

✔@MacFarlaneNews

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1105487213293457408

THIS EXCHANGE... between Felicity Huffman and witness who's helping the feds

11:14 AM - Mar 12, 2019

142 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

On Tuesday, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston announced chargesagainst dozens of people, including parents, college coaches, and college exam administrators, in a complex pay-to-play plot that helped get children of the rich, famous, and skeptical-of-their-heirs into college, sometimes for exorbitant sums. The group includes many high-profile figures, including actresses Lori Loughlin (who prosecutors say spent $500,000 to get her two daughters into USC as recruits to the crew team) and Huffman (wife to William H. Macy, who was not charged or named in the indictment).

Under the scheme, law enforcement officials said, parents spent between $200,000 and $6.5 million to get their children into elite universities, or between $15,000 and $75,000 to have their children’s SAT or ACT scores artificially improved, either by having a stand-in take the test for them, manually changing incorrect answers after the fact, or giving the students correct answers while they took the test. This led to admissions to institutions including Yale, USC, Georgetown, Stanford, UCLA, UT-Austin, and the University of San Diego (saucily described in the indictment as merely a regularly selective school).

But don’t take it from me—listen to the man whom U.S. attorneys say is the ringleader himself, William Rick Singer, owner of the Edge College & Career Network, who recounts helping a student with so-so grades get diagnosed with a learning disability, a strategy prosecutors say he advised his clients to pursue to help doctor their test scores:

This investigation, in case you were not convinced of the FBI’s seriousness in this matter, was code-named Operation Varsity Blues.

As for the varsity element: Law enforcement officials say that parents looking to get their sweeties into esteemed institutions paid bribes to Singer, who then paid coaches at the given universities. Those coaches allegedly then informed the schools that the students were on their list of recruits, thereby gaining them entrance to the school. According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the schools were unaware of the ruse.

Many of these recruited students, however, were not competing at the level their applications indicated, according to the indictment. One devastating footnote mentions that a student whose Georgetown application listed her as having a “top 50 ranking” with the USTA “appears to have ranked 207th in Northern California in the under-12 girls division” … “at her best.” Others weren’t competing at all: Some, like a supposedly “elite high school pole vaulter,” didn’t play the sport at all. (His application used someone else’s picture and, after his parents allegedly decided not to inform him of the recruitment plot, he was surprised to be asked by an adviser during USC orientation if he competed in track. Loughlin’s daughters, the two USC crew recruits, did not participate in crew, either.) Others still eventually did turn up to play on their new teams, but then, according to U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling, who addressed media Tuesday at a press conference, either “played briefly and quit,” or else faked an injury. One parent hoped to pass off his son as a long snapper, but was told that his grades were too low for Notre Dame and Vanderbilt; he was redirected to USC. The hits keep on coming.

Lelling noted Tuesday that the college admissions system is a zero-sum game: Each spot given to a kid whose parents paid up for it came at the expense of someone whose parents didn’t, or couldn’t. “There will not be a separate admissions system for the wealthy,” he said. “And there will not be a separate criminal justice system either.”

But lest you think this is the start of some tectonic shift toward collegiate meritocracy—well, Lelling also had this to say: “We’re not talking about donating a building … we’re talking about fraud.”

Which is to say: C’mon, Aunt Becky, just do things the normal way. But at least there’s this: You can buy a Felicity Huffman–branded mug that says “Good Enough Mom.” It’s on sale.