william macy, felicity huffman 50 other actors CEO's execs arrested this morning college admission

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Felicity Huffman Reportedly Facing One Month in Prison Over College-Admissions Cheating Scandal
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
6-Felicity-Huffman.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: JOSEPH PREZIOSO/AFP/Getty Images

Almost five months after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, Felicity Huffman could be facing a month in prison for her role in this spring’s explosive college admissions cheating scandal. According to TMZ, while the actress could legally be sentenced to upwards of twenty years for her involvement in the scam, federal prosecutors submitted a filing Friday asking that Huffman serve one month in prison and pay $20,000 in fines. Her attorneys, meanwhile, are requesting the actress receive probation and community service. Huffman is set to be sentenced on September 13.

As you might recall, the Desperate Housewives star was identified by Operation Varsity Blues alongside fellow actress Lori Loughlin and dozens of other affluent parents of college-age children, many of whom pleaded guilty to various related charges. Huffman admitted to paying $15,000 to Key Worldwide Foundation, a fake charity run by William Rick Singer, with the express purpose of elevating her daughter’s SAT score. Singer had helped other parents get their children into the colleges of their choosing by falsifying documentation claiming them to be recruited athletes.

“I have betrayed her,” Huffman said in a statement in April ahead of her guilty plea (she claims her daughter had no knowledge of the scheme). “This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life. My desire to help my daughter is no excuse to break the law or engage in dishonesty.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Eva Longoria’s Letter of Support for Felicity Huffman Subtly Slams Other Desperate Housewives Actors
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax
7-eva.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic

Felicity Huffman has pleaded guilty and apologized for her involvement in the college admissions scam, and she’s now reportedly facing one month of jail time as a result. (She’ll officially be sentenced on September 13.) Per NBC News, though, 27 of Huffman’s friends have written letters of support to the case’s presiding judge for a more lenient sentence, with one of them being Huffman’s former Desperate Housewives co-star and good friend, Eva Longoria.

In her letter, Longoria writes that Huffman immediately befriended her when they began work on the show — Longoria was “scared” as she was “new to the business” — and Huffman was the only person who stood up for her when an unnamed co-star began bullying her. “There was a time I was being bullied at work by a co-worker,” Longoria explained. “I dreaded the days I had to work with that person because it was pure torture. Until one day, Felicity told the bully ‘enough’ and it all stopped. Felicity could feel that I was riddled with anxiety even though I never complained or mentioned the abuse to anyone.” Years later, when Housewives became a critical and ratings success for ABC, Longoria says Huffman spearheaded the idea for the show’s four leads to negotiate a salary contract as an equal unit. (Teri Hatcher and Marcia Cross being the other two.) The tea begins here:

“This did not go over too well with the others. But Felicity stood up for me, saying it was fair because the success of the show depended on all of us, not one of us. This fight lasted weeks, but Felicity held strong and convinced everyone this was the right thing to do. And thanks to her, I was bumped up to favored nations. It wasn’t about the money for me, it was the fact that I was seen as an equal, which is how Felicity had always seen me.”

Longoria also said that Huffman was the only Housewives co-star who showed any interest in her charity work, despite pleas from Longoria to her co-stars to show up occasionally for fundraising and charity events:

US Weeklyhave obtained another letter of support for Huffman from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. In the letter, Cherry said Huffman was frequently on the receiving end of a “problematic” actress’s temper tantrums, but always showed compassion for the actress and never reciprocated the anger.

“She was a big star with some big behavioral problems. Everyone tried their darndest to get along with this woman over the course of the show. It was impossible. And things went from bad to worse,” Cherry wrote. “Felicity still insisted on saying ‘good morning’ to this actress, even though she knew she wouldn’t get a response. I found out about this and asked Felicity about it. She smiled and said, ‘just because that woman’s determined to be rude, doesn’t mean she can keep me from being polite.’” We’re not saying you need to read about Teri Hatcher’s alleged behavior, but maybe you should.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
sidebar...

Eva Longoria Threw Some Expert Shade When She Was Asked About "Desperate Housewives"
"99% of us are still friends."

Posted on April 11, 2018, at 9:48 a.m.

Ben Henry
BuzzFeed Staff

OK look I don't want to argue with any of you, but Desperate Housewives is one of the best TV shows of all time and I'll fight you on that if I have to.
sub-buzz-12037-1523449716-4.jpg

ABC

And in my humble opinion, Gabrielle Solis aka Eva Longoria is the best character, but since the others are also pretty great, I won't argue if you think differently.

ABC
ADVERTISEMENT

Anyway, a pregnant Eva recently appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live and it wasn't long before talk turned to a possible Desperate Housewives reboot.
sub-buzz-19365-1523450012-1.png

ABC

But before you start screaming like I did, Eva basically shot it down, saying that although she gets asked all the time, nobody who created the show has mentioned it.
anigif_sub-buzz-1708-1523450316-1.gif

ABC

It was at this point that Jimmy joked about the cast all hating each other, which Eva was happy to deny.
anigif_sub-buzz-17076-1523450490-1.gif

ABC

But when Jimmy asked if they were ALL friends, Eva said "no" way quicker than I've ever said a two letter word in my life, and followed it up with some very subtle and kinda savage shade.
anigif_sub-buzz-20444-1523450656-6.gif

ABC
ADVERTISEMENT

So who's the 1%, I hear you ask? Well, let me catch you up on some Desperate Housewives drama.
anigif_sub-buzz-5125-1523450835-11.gif

ABC

There have been rumours for a pretty long time that there was a feud between Teri Hatcher, who played Susan, and the rest of the cast. In 2005, during a cover shoot for Vanity Fair, it was alleged that Marcia, who plays Bree, stormed off the set after Teri got first pick of the wardrobe choices and was placed in the centre for the shoot.
sub-buzz-10271-1523451392-1.jpg

Mark Seliger / Vanity Fair

When questioned about the situation, ABC said: "This one isolated incident does not define these women or their relationship."
anigif_sub-buzz-22672-1523452889-1.gif

ABC

In 2012, Desperate Housewives aired its final episode and hosted a wrap party, where it appeared that tensions were still high – neither Teri or Marcia showed up.
sub-buzz-3898-1523452478-5.jpg

Steve Granitz / WireImage
According to HuffPost, a friend of Eva's said: "Teri excluded herself from the rest of the cast from day one. Doing the last press they will ever do for the show, the ladies stood united and were shocked when Teri simply didn’t show up."

ADVERTISEMENT

Not only that, but when the girls banded together to get a farewell present for the production team, the gifts were signed off "Eva, Marcia, Felicity and Vanessa", leaving Teri's name nowhere to be seen.
anigif_sub-buzz-12516-1523453146-2.gif

ABC

However, in a recent interview Teri said that she would be onboard with a reboot of the show, but echoed what Eva said, saying: "I don’t think the chances are very good."
sub-buzz-24223-1523452823-12.jpg

ITV

So although the drama might be over on Wisteria Lane, it definitely doesn't look like it's over offscreen.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
GettyImages_588163062.0.jpg

These colleges are bottom feeding scum. You don't need colleges to validate your intelligence. We need technology and ideas, not people spouting off erroneous theories. When I call somebody feeble minded, they are unproductive, wasting other people time.

Bill Cosby and Jeffrey Epstein both donated large sums of money to colleges, and they both ended up getting prosecuted out of the blue. I can detect the work or presence of lawyers. There is a much bigger story related to Jeffrey Epstein.

The DOJ dropped the hammer on some IP thieve and I got attacked out of the blue trying to threaten me.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This Mom Went To Prison For Enrolling Her Son In A School Outside Her District
ASHLEY ALESE EDWARDS
LAST UPDATED MARCH 15, 2019, 3:15 PM
image.webp

PHOTO: AP IMAGES.

The college cheating scandal that has ensnared at least 50 people, including actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, has sparked a much needed conversation about privilege and money in the U.S. educational system. And while the scam has also produced lots of funny commentary due to the sheer ridiculousness of the lengths these parents went to get their kids into college (like photoshopping their kids' faces onto stock photos of athletes) and the level of privilege these people have (Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade was literally on the yacht of a billionaire when the news broke), what's not funny is how lower-income people fare when they try to get a better education for their children. One stark example of wealth inequality in education is the case of Tanya McDowell, who went to prison for enrolling her son in the wrong school district.
ADVERTISEMENT
In 2011, McDowell, a homeless Bridgeport, CT mom, was arrested and charged with first-degree larceny for enrolling her then 5-year-old son Andrew in a school in neighboring Norwalk. McDowell at the time said she and her son were able to sleep at an apartment in Bridgeport at night, but during the day had to leave, and lived in her van or at shelters. McDowell also had prior drug charges. A police source who worked on McDowell's drug case told Refinery29 once she was picked up for dealing drugs to an undercover officer again after her arrest for the school larceny, she lost a lot of community support. "It was a very unfortunate thing that happened with the education. I'm pretty sure she wasn't the only one who got arrested at that time," he said. "I think she was just dealing drugs to support herself."

Rebecca J. Kavanagh, a New York City public defender, told Refinery29 while it's uncommon for parents to be arrested for sending their kids to a school outside their district, it does happen.
"In Ohio, Kelley Williams-Bolar was charged for lying about her residency to get her child into a better school and ordered to pay restitution of $30,000," she said. "When she didn’t pay it she was sent to jail for 15 days."

McDowell eventually took a plea deal and was sentenced to five years in prison for the charges connected to sending her son to school in the Norwalk school district. "Who would have thought that wanting a good education for my son would put me in this predicament?" McDowell said at her sentencing for the drug charges, in which she got a 12-year suspended sentence, plus five years probation; the sentences ran concurrently. "I have no regrets seeking a better education for him, I do regret my participation in this drug case."

In a 2017 interview with The Hour after her release, McDowell said while she was in prison, her son lived with her mother and excelled in school. "I would still do it all over again because I haven’t been let down," she said. "My son exceeded all of my expectations." At the time of the interview, McDowell still owed the school district money for her son's "stolen" education.

All public education in the U.S. is not created equal, which oftentimes forces parents from low-income backgrounds to use the addresses of friends and family members to get their child into a better school district. It should come as no surprise that those most impacted by this disparity in funding are people of color: A recent study found that white school districts have gotten $23 billion more in state and local funding than predominately nonwhite districts.

Huffman and Loughlin had every resource — wealth, connections, and huge platforms — at their disposal, and still chose to cheat for their children. "This is really just an extension of what people do to get admitted to university already — donating money to buy buildings and fund endowments," Kavanagh said the the college cheating scandal. "Jared Kushner was admitted to Harvard after his father donated $2.5 million, for instance. The line between legal and illegal, donation and bribe, is blurred."

Kavanagh continued: "While there is a part of us that may feel some sense of vindication at the idea of these parents serving five years in prison because Tanya McDowell served five years in prison when she was so much more deserving, that’s not justice. Justice is for Tanya McDowell to have never been charged, convicted or sentenced to prison and to have the same educational opportunity for her son as these parents have for their children."

In a system that already favors the rich, moms like McDowell face few other options in trying to secure quality education for their children. "I’m not only doing it for Andrew," McDowell told The Hour. "I’m doing it for any other parent, any other child out there that has the potential to exceed and excel at a certain level and is just being deprived, period."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
both were fucked but you can't compare the two. tanya also had drug charges and conspiracy charges that brought it up to 5 years. not just the address shit.
Were they drug charges that would get lighter sentencing in today's climate?

Police said McDowell sold crack cocaine and marijuana to an undercover police officer on two occasions outside her Dover Street home.

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Tanya-McDowell-arrested-in-Bridgeport-on-drug-1435937.php

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member

i don't have a problem with them comparing apples to apples, provided they are straight forward with what's going on. in her case she yeah she got 5 years for drug related charges which is fucked vs what those two got but to keep running with she got 5 years for sending her son to a better school is simply a lie.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I haven't kept up with his story, but I still can't understand how Wm H Macy hasn't been charged with anything. It's as if he said I aint got shit to do with this kid getting into college and the payoffs were all his wife's idea.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Wait, did one of these bitches really say that she cheated to get her daughter into college to make sure she got a "fair shot"? White people logic is truly fascinating!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Felicity Huffman’s Daughter Is Reportedly Retaking Her (Scam-Free) SATs
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax
13-felicity-huffman-new.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Katherine Taylor/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

Earlier this month, Felicity Huffman was sentenced to 14 days in jail due to her involvement in the college admissions scandal, after she entered a guilty plea to the charges of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest-services mail fraud — a.k.a. paying $15,000 to fabricate a higher SAT score for her daughter. Now, that daughter wants to leave the family’s scamming days in the past and ethically retake the exam. Per TMZ, Sophia Grace Macy “wants to go to college and must take a legit SAT test,” which will be allowed by the exam’s College Board organization, as there was no evidence during Huffman’s trial that suggested her daughter knew about the scam. Interestingly, if it was revealed during the trial that Macy indeed knew a scam was afoot, she would’ve only been barred from taking the SATs for six months by the College Board.

Upon her sentencing — which also included a fine of $30,000, a year of supervised release, and 250 hours of community service — Huffman issued a statement of apology for her Operation Varsity Blues ties. “I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community,” she wrote. “I want to apologize to them and, especially, I want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices to support their children and do so honestly.” Can’t wait till the movie!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Fucking hypocrites in here. All the holier than though niggas acting like they would grease couple palms to get their kids into the best schools.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

0ae3205c67224308926d08562bd95baa_md.jpg

olivia-jade-lori-loughlin-resume-4.jpg

resume-page-1.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

olivia-jade-isabella-rowing-52.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Judge refuses to dismiss charges against Full House star Lori Loughlin and other parents accused in college admissions scandal after defense claimed they were 'entrapped' by the FBI

• A judge refused to dismiss charges against Full House star Lori Loughlin and other prominent parents accused of cheating the college admissions process
  • Loughlin and her her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, had argued they were entrapped by federal prosecutors
  • US District Judge Nathaniel Gorton rejected a defense bid to toss an indictment charging the parents over allegations of misconduct by FBI agents in the case
  • Loughlin and Giannulli are scheduled to go on trial in October on charges that they allegedly paid $500,000 to get their daughters into school
  • Both daughters applied to the University of Southern California as crew recruits even though neither girl was a rower

By Ralph R. Ortega For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 14:09 EDT, 8 May 2020 | Updated: 18:08 EDT, 8 May 2020