Will Chris Rock be remembered as the ultimate coon? Antonio Moore goes in

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Uh, where did I say my comment was time-based?

That's your inference, not my implication. Get it right.
giphy.gif

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know if I would call him a coon, but the Louis C.K thing still makes me feel a way.

One thing that I have noticed about Chris Rock's material is that it's not timeless. Some comedians I can go back and listen to their old stuff and still find it funny, even stuff that's considered problematic today. Eddie Murphy's Raw for example. Rock's material just doesn't age well for me, even though I enjoy most on the first listen/viewing.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ridiculous.
Dude is a comedian. A good one, at that.
The problem is that the current generation is stuck in stunted-growth mode like a peter pan teenager.
People can't "handle" anything controversial, thought-provoking or anything that challenges their status quo.
This is why I say, go too far right - you get nazi Germany all over again.
Go too far left, you get the thought police.
People have become extremely polarized about opinions and confirmation bias.
Any opposing suggestions to those views are seen as a personal attack.
That's immaturity.
Since when do you have to agree with everything someone says? Chris Rock tells jokes. Don't like him? Just turn him off.
It really is that simple.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Chris Rock is one note IMO and that's specifically using the perception of black folks' ignorance against them. Notice how whenever he hosts a show in the mainstream (Oscars or similar), he'll always have a segment when he asks black and brown people questions with punchline being them being unaware.

It's fucking sicking and yes, something that a coon would do.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
now these armchair activists going after chris...

why do yall keep falling for the okey doke?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chris Rock is one note IMO and that's specifically using the perception of black folks' ignorance against them. Notice how whenever he hosts a show in the mainstream (Oscars or similar), he'll always have a segment when he asks black and brown people questions with punchline being them being unaware.

It's fucking sicking and yes, something that a coon would do.
The point of that segment youre talking about is to show and question how movies get oscar noms when no one has seen them...some arthouse snoozer that made 100k in BO gets a best picture nom and no ones seen it?

thats the point of the skit..

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The point of that segment youre talking about is to show and question how movies get oscar noms when no one has seen them...some arthouse snoozer that made 100k in BO gets a best picture nom and no ones seen it?

thats the point of the skit..

He's done it for other things as well.