Why Won’t Mayweather Jr. Fight the Very Best?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
PAUL WILLIAMS, who can still make 147....speak Sir....we are waiting for your logic on why Floyd will beat him...tick tick tick

Paul Williams will never fight at welterweight again. He couldnt get a fight BEFORE he embarrassed Winky....after that.. his career at welterweight is over. I would give Shane or Floyd all the props in the world if they put that fight together. I know he could come down possibly, that Williams, in my opinion, is not a natural welterweight.

A couple of years ago, I think Floyd or Mosley would have beaten Williams easily. However, he has improved tremendously over his last 2-3 fights. His fucking height, reach, and activity could cause serious problems.... but Mosley or Floyd could fight inside...slip punches, and work him as well...

Williams is the ultimate high risk low reward opponent right now.. I feel bad for that brotha

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Paul Williams will never fight at welterweight again. He couldnt get a fight BEFORE he embarrassed Winky....after that.. his career at welterweight is over. I would give Shane or Floyd all the props in the world if they put that fight together. I know he could come down possibly, that Williams, in my opinion, is not a natural welterweight.

A couple of years ago, I think Floyd or Mosley would have beaten Williams easily. However, he has improved tremendously over his last 2-3 fights. His fucking height, reach, and activity could cause serious problems.... but Mosley or Floyd could fight inside...slip punches, and work him as well...

Williams is the ultimate high risk low reward opponent right now.. I feel bad for that brotha

Shane working inside and 'maybe' making a fight out of it I could see..not Floyd, he doesn't have the workrate to offset PW's to get inside. Plus, if you are familiar with PW's career, one of the amazing things about Dude is is willingness AND ability to fight inside!!!

I feel all of the points you made, and they are valid, but the question was in response to Dude's contention to name a fighter in or around Floyd's weight class and he will tell us how come PBF would beat them. So...PW makes welterweight, signs for the fight, they are in the ring across from each other, tell me how Floyd wins that fight?:smh:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Shane working inside and 'maybe' making a fight out of it I could see..not Floyd, he doesn't have the workrate to offset PW's to get inside. Plus, if you are familiar with PW's career, one of the amazing things about Dude is is willingness AND ability to fight inside!!!

I feel all of the points you made, and they are valid, but the question was in response to Dude's contention to name a fighter in or around Floyd's weight class and he will tell us how come PBF would beat them. So...PW makes welterweight, signs for the fight, they are in the ring across from each other, tell me how Floyd wins that fight?:smh:

I understand you were just responding to the other cat. I meant that with those two fighters being good defensive fighters, they are about the only two that I could possibly see offsetting PW by going inside to neutralize his length.

I also agree with you two more in terms of seeing Shane having a better chance at Williams..for one..Shane could possibily KO Williams (floyd doesnt have the power to do it)...and yes...because Floyd is not a fighter who engages...he is a counter-puncher, the work-rate of Williams could case a real problem on the scorecard IF he could actually connect at a high percentage (which IS a big IF)..

what is even worse though is that these fights will NEVER happen man.. Imagine PBF fighting fucking PWs... if he finished off his career with a fight like that and won..he could push himself into the mid-range of top fighters of all time (if he beat Pac and Shane as well)..

but these dudes arent fighting WILLIAMS.

as a matter of fact, i dont even think welterweights even COMMENT when asked about Williams.. its like they all have a no comment policy....im serious :smh: :lol:

I swear I have listen to multiple interviews and Williams in mentioned and they dont even respond..they just skip the fucking question like it was never asked...

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what they say about that cat behind close doors.. I bet you they are like ( man..im fighting that tall-ass nigga..fuck that..he aint no welterweight anyway lol)

merce77

Star
Registered
I understand you were just responding to the other cat. I meant that with those two fighters being good defensive fighters, they are about the only two that I could possibly see offsetting PW by going inside to neutralize his length.

I also agree with you two more in terms of seeing Shane having a better chance at Williams..for one..Shane could possibily KO Williams (floyd doesnt have the power to do it)...and yes...because Floyd is not a fighter who engages...he is a counter-puncher, the work-rate of Williams could case a real problem on the scorecard IF he could actually connect at a high percentage (which IS a big IF)..

what is even worse though is that these fights will NEVER happen man.. Imagine PBF fighting fucking PWs... if he finished off his career with a fight like that and won..he could push himself into the mid-range of top fighters of all time (if he beat Pac and Shane as well)..

but these dudes arent fighting WILLIAMS.

as a matter of fact, i dont even think welterweights even COMMENT when asked about Williams.. its like they all have a no comment policy....im serious :smh: :lol:

I swear I have listen to multiple interviews and Williams in mentioned and they dont even respond..they just skip the fucking question like it was never asked...

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what they say about that cat behind close doors.. I bet you they are like ( man..im fighting that tall-ass nigga..fuck that..he aint no welterweight anyway lol)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: