Why are Latinos and others groups trying to say they created Hip-Hop when it was really Black people?

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was listening to tweets you posted and the 2nd one with the guy rapping had me very confused? Hey, I liked "Cypress Hill," "Mellow Man Ace," (Mentirosa) and "Gerardo" (Rico Sauve).

But, I am really struggling trying to recall any Latino rappers that were popular or known from 1970s to 1990s (Yeah, I know Prince Markie Dee was Puerto Rican).

If you are aware of any other hispanic or Latino rappers during this era (pre Big Pun) can you inform me?

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I was listening to tweets you posted and the 2nd one with the guy rapping had me very confused? Hey, I liked "Cypress Hill," "Mellow Man Ace," (Mentirosa) and "Gerardo" (Rico Sauve).

But, I am really struggling trying to recall any Latino rappers that were popular or known from 1970s to 1990s (Yeah, I know Prince Markie Dee was Puerto Rican).

If you are aware of any other hispanic or Latino rappers during this era (pre Big Pun) can you inform me?
From the west coast, we had kid Frost and A lighter shade of brown, but they were early 90s..
I can't recall early Eses putting in work at an earlier time than that
:dunno:

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
F7aXfTxaUAAkqpi

Your pronoun is..... take dick everyday all day.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Kid Frost, Funkdoobiest, Mesenjarz of Funk, South Park Mexican, A Lighter Shade of Brown, Kurious Jorge & the Beatnuts....I think that's about it.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
It's literally a simple thing to prove.
It's not like video was barely invented in the 1960s lol. Shits been around since 1910s. Audio recordings was 1890s.
These groups that "we got it from" should EASILY be able to post ANYTHING that disputes this thread right?

:popcorn:

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not like video was barely invented in the 1960s lol. Shits been around since 1910s. Audio recordings was 1890s.
These groups that "we got it from" should EASILY be able to post ANYTHING that disputes this thread right?

True, and I am sure you will hear about the photographs taken by Joe Conzo Jr. Albeit, Mr. Conzo has some beautiful photos that are currently housed at Cornell University (they can be viewed online at their website).

However, most of his photos of rap artists were taken in the latter portion of the 1970s and early 1980s. The ironic part of this is that many of those photos were taken at my old High school, Norman Thomas H.S.

His collection doesn't have anything from 1970 - 1978, featuring the "jams" they used to have in the parks (usually school yard playgrounds).

It's important to note that these "impromptu" gatherings came about because a few guys in the neighborhood decided to bring their audio equipment outside. Therefore, there were no flyers like the one for an event at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue on August 11, 1973.

You see, the young men playing the music valued finding a lamppost with an outlet they could plug their equipment into more than a flyer.

They used to put the equipment in this area, and utilize one of the street lamps to the right side.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I felt you might appreciate this video. Within it you will find interviews from "Kool Herc" that might be very germane to the original question posed in the thread.

Start around the 8:57 mark.

KINGFROMQUEENS

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Most people don't even know what real Hip Hop is. They think its music. When I was young, Growing up in New York, hip hop was a way of life. It was the way we talked, the way we dressed, the graffiti we spray painted all over the place. It was the way we stood on the corners, in our "B-Boy Stance." The music came last, and there were rules to it. Rules that most so called hip hop artist don't follow or even know about today. Hip Hop was a NYC way of life that was mostly created and followed by young brothers and sisters, and some Latinos. When the music finally came, it was almost all black people. Not surprised if others try to claim it, I mean stealing our history has become an American past time. Its sad.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Most people don't even know what real Hip Hop is. They think its music. When I was young, Growing up in New York, hip hop was a way of life. It was the way we talked, the way we dressed, the graffiti we spray painted all over the place. It was the way we stood on the corners, in our "B-Boy Stance." The music came last, and there were rules to it. Rules that most so called hip hop artist don't follow or even know about today. Hip Hop was a NYC way of life that was mostly created and followed by young brothers and sisters, and some Latinos. When the music finally came, it was almost all black people. Not surprised if others try to claim it, I mean stealing our history has become an American past time. Its sad.

Being a present bystander at the beginning of something and observing its infant birth does not equate to YOU birthing or creating it because you chose to later contribute to its adolescent development. YOU cannot claim ownership and creation stake once it has matured due to you selflessly wanting to receive credit.

Duece

This profile is now managed by A.I.
BGOL Investor
I've long gotten off the Tariq-train but for this one I have to get back on it because the "Black and brown" shit is ridiculous.

Hell, I'm in New Orleans where the population is almost 70% Black and less than 5% Hispanic and people are walking around here talking about "Black and brown"

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've long gotten off the Tariq-train but for this one I have to get back on it because the "Black and brown" shit is ridiculous.

Hell, I'm in New Orleans where the population is almost 70% Black and less than 5% Hispanic and people are walking around here talking about "Black and brown"
I’m cool with Puerto Ricans up here in the Bronx. Just not cool enough to to let them disrespect the founders.

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shut the fuck up you cac. This doesn’t pertain to you. Hip Hop was created by Black Americans. Immigrants contributed noting to it. Stay drinking Asian piss you cocksucker.

But to the OP, You let these other groups in your culture and then they lie and stab your ass in the back.
Paul Mooney on taking our ship.
they taking our shit