Whovians!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
From what I've read it's Confirmed that there will be a new main companion after next season, but not known if the current one will be fully gone or take on a different/smaller role. I've heard it both ways.

I really liked their chemistry from what we've seen so far so I hope she sticks around in some capacity

I really want that island family to be a significant part of this new Doctor story

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From what I've read it's Confirmed that there will be a new main companion after next season, but not known if the current one will be fully gone or take on a different/smaller role. I've heard it both ways.

I really liked their chemistry from what we've seen so far so I hope she sticks around in some capacity
Yeah. It seemed to me like the rumor mill grabbed onto there being a new cast member for next season and just immediately assumed the worst. My guess is that the current companion will either take a break or just reach a natural conclusion/breaking off point in their story. Single season companions have definitely been a thing.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Yeah. It seemed to me like the rumor mill grabbed onto there being a new cast member for next season and just immediately assumed the worst. My guess is that the current companion will either take a break or just reach a natural conclusion/breaking off point in their story. Single season companions have definitely been a thing.
Exactly, that's how news works these days lol

Martha was single season and amazing, Donna was single season and she's a lot of peoples favorite, bill was single season as well, And that's just counting new who. (And not counting side companions like Captain Jack and ignoring Jodie's run because it was ass.)

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Exactly, that's how news works these days lol

Martha was single season and amazing, Donna was single season and she's a lot of peoples favorite, bill was single season as well, And that's just counting new who. (And not counting side companions like Captain Jack and ignoring Jodie's run because it was ass.)
And all of these single season companions have had multiple returns after their season(except bill)

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
They made Bill's departure super complicated, which would make a return even moreso. But that said, I loved Bill, and just seeing her react to a new Doctor would probably be worth it.
I was upset that we didn't get more bill, it felt like her and the doctor where just hitting their stride but it was a great run nonetheless. Rewatching the capaldis era I feel like most people took for granted how good he was and how good his run overall was.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I highly recommend Capaldi's last season. It's one of the few seasons I consider beautifully put together and solid as a standalone run. Genuinely some of Capaldi's best work.

I am a huge fan of his but for some reason his version didn't connect early on and I tapped out. I will go back though and I will even watch the Jodie stuff just cause I'm a completeist

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Still, Davies told EW to expect some intriguing new baddies this season: Drag Race alum Jinkx Monsoon is confirmed to play a mysterious villain referred to as “Maestro.” Plus, the BBC’s partnership with Disney+ means that the show has a bigger budget, something Davies says will be reflected in the creature design.

You all know good and damn well who this will turn out to be :rolleyes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Doctor Who star Ncuti Gatwa reveals the advice he got from previous Doctors​

The Fifteenth Doctor says that all of his predecessors have been "absolute angels," including Matt Smith, David Tennant, Jodie Whittaker, Peter Capaldi, and more.
By
Devan Coggan

Published on April 22, 2024 06:28PM EDT

Before taking control of the TARDIS, Doctor Who star Ncuti Gatwa got a little advice from some of its previous tenants.

The 31-year-old actor is the latest star to take up the mantle of the iconic British sci-fi series, playing the 15th incarnation of the Doctor. In an interview for Entertainment Weekly’s recent cover story on Doctor Who, Gatwa revealed that since his casting was announced, he’s received an outpouring of support from previous Doctors — including Jodie Whittaker, Peter Capaldi, Matt Smith, David Tennant, Sylvester McCoy, and more.

“They’ve all been absolute angels,” Gatwa tells EW, saying it feels like he’s been inducted into an unofficial “Whovian family.” “It’s a very small, very exclusive club, and it’s just nice to know that other people have gone through that experience as well. That solidarity from the other Doctors has been really nice.”

Matt Smith, Ncuti Gatwa, and Jodie Whittaker in DOCTOR WHO

'Doctor Who' stars Matt Smith, Ncuti Gatwa, and Jodie Whittaker.
EVERETT (3)
Gatwa added that each of the Doctors he’s spoken to has offered a variation of the same advice.

“The main thing that everyone has told me is: Remember to have fun,” he explains. “Remember that even on the most tiring days, this job is one that not many people get to do. You’ll never do a job like this again in your life, and you’ll never get to creatively go to the places that you get to go to on the show. So, soak it all in.”

Gatwa is the 14th main actor to play the Doctor since the show’s debut in 1963, and he follows in the footsteps of William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant (twice), Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, and Jodie Whittaker. Throughout the years, other actors have made brief appearances as different incarnations of the Doctor, including John Hurt’s War Doctor and Jo Martin’s Fugitive Doctor, but officially, Gatwa's version is referred to as the Fifteenth Doctor.

Gatwa made his debut in last year’s 60th anniversary special, “The Giggle,” as Tennant’s Fourteenth Doctor split into two and “bigenerated” into Gatwa. Up next, Gatwa will star in his first full season when the show returns Friday, May 10, on Disney+ and the BBC.

For more on Doctor Who, read EW’s full cover story on the series’ return here.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Despite previous press reports that Gibson would be leaving after this season’s end, she and Davies confirm that Gibson — and Ruby — will play a major role across this season and the next. (Andor actress Varada Sethu is also confirmed to join Gibson and Gatwa in the TARDIS in season 2.)