Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
God himself... For asking this question

you-should-kill-yourself-animated.gif

Twiceasnice45

Potential Star
Registered
And less.

He hadn't released a significant album since 1991. All of the news about him since then was just crazy, otherworldy shit. All self-created by his increasingly bizarre appearance and behavior. He was a freak show. People are mourning the early Jackson, and not the ridiculous madman.

You miss the whole idea that he is, regardless of his record sells lately, the greatest performer that ever lived. He seemed like a god to everyone on every inhabited continent. weirdo? true. Looked like a freak? true. It does not matter. he was LOVED by EVERYONE. This is the greatest loss I can remember and the worst I have felt about anyone who has died I never actually met bar none.

Disanddat

Support BGOL
Registered
If by biggest you mean most popular then no one. the guy had a 45 year ACTIVE career.

Beatles, Elvis etc. were all good but jackson is in a class by himself.

I think the advantage is for the first time we have a genius whose art form can be appreciated by everyone.
(Not all of us can understand Einstein's work or see the big deal in Mozart etc.)

TheKingofVa

Support BGOL
Registered
Let's be honest, no body but white people care about the Beatles and Elvis. They are only know in Eurocentric countries not all around the World. Hell most non-white people in the USA can't even name 3 songs by the Beatles or Elvis. They weren't global stars and in Elvis case his music sounds real outdated and was stolen. Michael Jackson was on another level, he touched all races, ages, and genders. You can go to South Africa and they know MJ, the Islands, India, China, Australia, Argentina, etc... The same can't be said about Elvis or the Beatles. White people love to bring up the Beatles and Elvis but deep down inside even they know talent wise they aren't on MJ or Prince's level.

rage

International
International Member
In mine and most of our lifetimes there will only be two who will be noted as true Legends and they would be Bob Marley and Michael Jackson.Muhammad Ali is the closest to these guys in WORLDLY influence.PERIOD.

Last edited:

TheKingofVa

Support BGOL
Registered
After Jesus MJ is it. Plain and simple in every corner of the world they know magic the beattles nor Elvis can say that. Ali has had that sorta global impact to a smaller degree but its vast he fought everywhere and garnered world wide attention as did MLK who's revolution here inspired them all over the world.

But after Jesus MJ is next no doubt.

I'm sorry but MJ isn't after Jesus, to be honest Jesus would be like 3 or 4 on the list. Most of the World is Muslim or Hindu so their gods have to be above Jesus in terms of who is the most well know. Michael Jackson is the most famous person to ever walk this Earth.

Privy

Potential Star
Registered
I'm sorry but MJ isn't after Jesus, to be honest Jesus would be like 3 or 4 on the list. Most of the World is Muslim or Hindu so their gods have to be above Jesus in terms of who is the most well know. Michael Jackson is the most famous person to ever walk this Earth.

You mean in today's time? Because Jesus and dem got a few thousand years of existence on Mike, so millions of people have been born and have died knowing JC before Mike even got here in 1958.

I would agree Mike is the most famous figure among people living today.

TheKingofVa

Support BGOL
Registered
You mean in today's time? Because Jesus and dem got a few thousand years of existence on Mike, so millions of people have been born and have died knowing JC before Mike even got here in 1958.

Most of the world isn't even Christian and could care less about Jesus. It also has never been proven that Jesus ever existed.

The most famous person in the world in our lifetime is Michael Jackson. He bridges all racial, religious, gender, and age gaps. The same can't be said about Jesus, Budda , or Muhammad.

sakinnuso

Rising Star
Registered
Somebody came up with a list that included Martin Luther King and The kennedys. I have to co-sign this, but I think somebody else that everyone is forgetting: Bruce Lee.

He's not Michael Jackson status, but he's up in the legendary category, too.

Twiceasnice45

Potential Star
Registered

I don't think it is fair to put religious figures in the same list as pop icons. Religious people are bound by law and tradition to be worshiped. Furthermore, it is possible Jesus did not even exist the way we are taught he did. He became divine by the law of the church after his death and all but mandated to be remembered. Mike jackson is the most famous person that ever walked the face of the earth and the most famous person to have ever died since the invention of modern media.

My sister made a good point that oprah is as famous as Michael Jackson. Somehow I think michael is loved more by more people, I also argued that michael has been famous longer. God Bless Michael Jackson.

Omicron

Potential Star
Registered
I disagree with the Beatles and Elvis because majority of people can't even name one song from those artists! There isn't anyone bigger than mike! Only Oprah, Ali, or Madonna would be on MJ level and that in itself is a stretch!

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
“The Millennium-Issue of the “Guinness Book Of Records” names Michael as the “Pop Star who supports the most charity organizations”,

not the 1980 issue or 1990 issue....

that man gave his whole life....n some of y`all still n here disrespectin this man....

n worse he jus died....dam let that man rest....