**Who was bigger than Michael? **

madman1

Support BGOL
Registered
I was talkin to a friend and I mentioned, aside from Jesus, who that has died has been bigger than MJ? can you name someone?

Princess Diana was right behind Michael I think... i dunno, interesting debate.

J Solo

Potential Star
Registered
What's funny is that if Mike walked in the room, people would straight pass out and cry hysterically. I don't think if Jesus walked in, they would do the same. That's kinda ill.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Good question, Muhammad, Buddha Gandhi, Einstein, Da Vinci, Beethoven Marten Luther King are a few names to throw around. Unfortunately we may have to wait a few centuries in order to put MJ in his proper perspective.

Hovadose

Star
Registered
Good question, Muhammad, Buddha Gandhi, Einstein, Da Vinci, Beethoven Marten Luther King are a few names to throw around. Unfortunately we may have to wait a few centuries in order to put MJ in his proper perspective.

Muhammad,..... Ali right?

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
Good question, Muhammad, Buddha Gandhi, Einstein, Da Vinci, Beethoven Marten Luther King are a few names to throw around.

Michael was "big" equally for NEGATIVE reasons as well as positive ones. Don't think any of those names fit that category.

He compares more to someone like Howard Hughes, whose early exploits were extraordinary, but was possibly even more famous for being a freakish eccentric in the last third of his life.

youngfocus

Youngfocus ya heard!
Platinum Member
What's funny is that if Mike walked in the room, people would straight pass out and cry hysterically. I don't think if Jesus walked in, they would do the same. That's kinda ill.

"Jesus" has the power to make you cry and pass out if he wanted to. Just like Michael!

J Solo

Potential Star
Registered
Tupac? Maybe on the West Coast.

A Nigerian friend explained that in the '80s, people begged relatives who returned from America for ANYTHING MJ: pins, tees, posters, etc just to front to the others in the country like they were down with him. MJ was a world-wide Phenomenon....Had he never gotten in those legal issues this dude's would have been like the death of no other. Ever.

He transcended color at time when race was still a dominant prejudice in the '80s (It still is but not as blatant).

J Solo

Potential Star
Registered
"Jesus" has the power to make you cry and pass out if he wanted to. Just like Michael!

No doubt, I'm in no means placing them on the same level. But he has an effect that would even rival or surpass deities. That's unfathomable for a person :eek:

SLY

International
International Member
no ones death had the impact of princess diana and mike globally. not elvis no one. full stop

J Solo

Potential Star
Registered
Michael was "big" equally for NEGATIVE reasons as well as positive ones. Don't think any of those names fit that category.

He compares more to someone like Howard Hughes, whose early exploits were extraordinary, but was possibly even more famous for being a freakish eccentric in the last third of his life.

Nice equivalent

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In Death?

This will not be bigger than Princess Diana's death was.

Nor will it be bigger than any Presidential Assassination.

I think out of everyone living on the planet, the only people whose death will compare to Micheal's in terms of Worldwide impact will be Oprah, Obama... Yeah that's it.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
No doubt, I'm in no means placing them on the same level. But he has an effect that would even rival or surpass deities. That's unfathomable for a person :eek:

:lol::lol:

Damn, fellas..
Let's try to keep this debate earthbound (or at least in the mortal realm).

I like M.J. as much as the next man, but Jesus (as iconic as he is) still gotta few billions more followers than Michael.

madman1

Support BGOL
Registered
I said who's dead that is bigger than Michael... Oprah ain't dead..

My point is, EVERYONE knew michael... old white people, people over in africa... Michael was known in every country... places that didn't even have radio knew of Michael... I don't think anyone else that is dead was that well known... that's all.

Anthony-Cruz

Star
Registered
I said who's dead that is bigger than Michael... Oprah ain't dead..

My point is, EVERYONE knew michael... old white people, people over in africa... Michael was known in every country... places that didn't even have radio knew of Michael... I don't think anyone else that is dead was that well known... that's all.

That's the thing, you can go ANYWHERE in the world and peeps would know who Michael Jackson is. Basically, if you've seen a TV or Radio in your lifetime, you more than likely know who Michael Jackson is.

The same can't be said for the Beatles and Elvis IMO. Especially Elvis actually.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
The Beatles and Elvis.

Blunt please. Elvis was No where NEAR as big as Mike was internationally. When a prison in Thailand holds a show for a Elvis video....let me know. Mike was the most profilic ever. The beatles are the only group that even has a case. Michael Jackson was the most recognized name on the planet.

KTD

Star
Registered
davidbeckman.jpg

Nigga i'm just saying.:dunno:

Coldplay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Are you crazy? Michael was the biggest star on the planet long before the accusations and controversy. Elvis and The Beatles were never the global superstars that MJ was . MJ was known on every continent on this planet. There were kids in Africa that lived in villages with no televisions that knew Michael Jackson. There will never be another album that will outsell Thriller---ever. MJ hasn't even recorded an album in years but when they announced his upcoming (announced live on CNN), there were over two million in presales within the first 24 hours. He was gonna get paid over $45 million for the first 10 shows alone. I guess all this was out of morbid curiosity, huh? Just like Hughes---ridiculous. I know black male bashing is your schtick but you're really reaching on this one.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
I hate to agree with Blunt...............at least with The Beatles.

You might even add Sinatra on that list.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

I cry hysterically and pass out from boredom whenever Blunt enters a thread...