Who is your one 1 pound for pound fighter* and why?

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
*based on what they have done in the last 2 years.

The way I see p4p list is that fighters are given the number 1 title and get to remain there by not taking challenges. We all know I'm that dude that say "a fighter is only as great as his opponents." when talking about these dudes? Anyways the point is if you agree. Who should be number 1 and why?

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
This actually was tough one. I thought Hopkins of the bat. I mean he is talking about fighting David Haye. He just beat Pascal, mugged and old Roy to death. And no taking on Dawson. In a stage where you should be declining. Due is taking on fights that he theoretically should be losing. I kind of want to pick him. But there are some other choices available.

Like Sergio. His last three fights have been nothing but spectacular. He defeated an undefeated Dzinziruk, gave a career ending KO to PWill and became champ against a hard hitting champ named Palvik. I compare his feats to Hopkins and he edges him just by a little bit. He ability to box and ko gives him the edge between the two.

Lastly, I have to look at Manny. His ability to fight against fighters that always outweigh him is stunning. His destruction of shane. Where he literally beat him into a point where he was doing his best not to upset Manny to avoid more hard punches was insane. Not to mention he quit. Plan and simple he quit. If it wasn't for his trainer he would have beaten to fighter of Hall of fame credentials into submission. Margarito's beat down was epic. I mean dude was massive in the ring against Manny. And suffered one of the brutal beatdowns on a championship level since what Manny did to Cotto. Clottey was a beating by the much smaller Manny just as Shane was. When you are getting hit to the point you quit in the ring. That is some bad mojo you are working with. Now the only issue with some of these fights are the catchweight issue. However, the opponents agree to it. So they should be in shape to fight at that weight. Because Manny is still coming in at 144. It is as simple as that.

So after looking at all three. I am most impressed with BHop's ability to continue to be in the discussion. I am marveled by Sergio's boxing and power. But the destruction and injury Manny inflicts just can not be overlooked. In he was squeaking out victories. I give it to Sergio. But I still can't see how anyone is close to being unbeatable as Manny. So I give it to him.

tp2001

Star
Registered
Two years is too short of a time frame to me...I would say four or five years.

With that being my barometer, my vote goes to Juan Manuel Marquez. Who do you know has had a tougher list of fighters than he has during that time? And have a 75% winning percentage with that in front of him? That's more impressive than any other boxer out there

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

With that being my barometer, my vote goes to Juan Manuel Marquez. Who do you know has had a tougher list of fighters than he has during that time? And have a 75% winning percentage with that in front of him? That's more impressive than any other boxer out there

excellent choice...JMM has been consistent & exciting....dude has the prettiest uppercut in Boxing...one of my favs....

for me you know its Mayweather even with the inactivity dude is just amazing to watch.....

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It would have to be Manny Pacquiao because he has been fulfilling the meaning of pound for pound almost literally by being spectacular against fighters in his weight class, over his weight class, and below his weight class. He´s whipping ass against fighters of all sizes like a prime Roy Jones used to.

However, in reality, I feel like Vitali Klitschko should be #1 pound for pound because he whips everybody's ass. He shut his own division down and I´ve always felt that a guy should at least have his own division under control before being considered the best pound for pound. I see him as a great strategist that looks awkward but has great power and heart. People say the division is bad but maybe Vitali and his brother are just too good. I like Adamek too. That is a real scientific fighter with strength and guts to go with it.

1. Manny Pacquiao
1b. Vitali Klitschko
2. Nonito Donaire
3. Wladimir Klitschko
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Sergio Martinez
6. Floyd Mayweather Jr
7. Juan Manuel Marquez
8. Tomasz Adamek
9. Amir Khan
10. Lucian Bute

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

No way. Marquez in the last 5 years has two loses. I would put Sergio's quality win in the same period over Marquez. I would put Bhop, PBF, Manny, I even put Wlad who has done nothing but dominated over Marquez. To me that is a stretch. There is no way Marquez is consider the top pound for pound fighter in the last 5 years. from 2006 to now. I just don't see it.

merce77

Star
Registered
you do realize that was the point of this thread...:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

its-a-trap.jpg

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Yeah, but if you don't fight you can't be seriously ranked. You can't put a guy who fought twice over fighters that put the records on the line more. At least to me. You guys bromance with dude is funny though. I wanted to discuss fighters that are active.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, but if you don't fight you can't be seriously ranked. You can't put a guy who fought twice over fighters that put the records on the line more. At least to me. You guys bromance with dude is funny though. I wanted to discuss fighters that are active.

Exactly. Otherwise we may as well put Ali and Ray Robinson back on the list.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
It would have to be Manny Pacquiao because he has been fulfilling the meaning of pound for pound almost literally by being spectacular against fighters in his weight class, over his weight class, and below his weight class. He´s whipping ass against fighters of all sizes like a prime Roy Jones used to.

However, in reality, I feel like Vitali Klitschko should be #1 pound for pound because he whips everybody's ass. He shut his own division down and I´ve always felt that a guy should at least have his own division under control before being considered the best pound for pound. I see him as a great strategist that looks awkward but has great power and heart. People say the division is bad but maybe Vitali and his brother are just too good. I like Adamek too. That is a real scientific fighter with strength and guts to go with it.

1. Manny Pacquiao
1b. Vitali Klitschko
2. Nonito Donaire
3. Wladimir Klitschko
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Sergio Martinez
6. Floyd Mayweather Jr
7. Juan Manuel Marquez
8. Tomasz Adamek
9. Amir Khan
10. Lucian Bute

Wlad has been more active than Vitali. 5 year period I would go with Wlad. But Vitali is the better fighter IMO. They are neck and neck except I see Wlad losing first.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

what's this? Orders to your circle jerk crew to retreat? It is a simple question. I mean who in the last two years has proven themselves to be called the number 1 pound for pound champ? I am not stopping you or you crew members to discuss it. I tried to make a thread for boxing head to discuss a real sport. But if you want to discuss which actor was better Flair or Hulk? Go on. It is almost like you guys are trolls and shit. Funny and sad to go out you way to be lame on the internet.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

you were dying to say this again and this thread was just to get someone to bite for the bullshit.

we have talked this shit to death and nothing has changed with the top fighters in the p4p rankings that would affect were people previously ranked fighters except b-hop might get pushed up a spot on some people's list.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

1. Manny Pacquiao
1b. Vitali Klitschko
2. Nonito Donaire
3. Wladimir Klitschko
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Sergio Martinez
6. Floyd Mayweather Jr
7. Juan Manuel Marquez
8. Tomasz Adamek
9. Amir Khan
10. Lucian Bute

Vitali is too high IMO

1. Manny
2. Sergio
3. Wlad
4. Khan
5. Hopkins
6. Ward

I can only come up with a strong 6....

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Vitali is too high IMO

1. Manny
2. Sergio
3. Wlad
4. Khan
5. Hopkins
6. Ward

I can only come up with a strong 6....

I like ward making your list. If you go by the last two years that is a damn good pick. But do you really put Khan over Ward in the last two years? I wouldm't.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
I like ward making your list. If you go by the last two years that is a damn good pick. But do you really put Khan over Ward in the last two years? I wouldm't.

you know what bruh....your right....Ward has blanketed his opponents Bika, Abraham, Green...but IMO he hasn't had his career defining moment or fight yet....

Khan really showed the world he can hang with a puncher (Madiana)...& he made quick work with Zudah :smh:

I can see why you feel like that....

merce77

Star
Registered
what's this? Orders to your circle jerk crew to retreat? It is a simple question. I mean who in the last two years has proven themselves to be called the number 1 pound for pound champ? I am not stopping you or you crew members to discuss it. I tried to make a thread for boxing head to discuss a real sport. But if you want to discuss which actor was better Flair or Hulk? Go on. It is almost like you guys are trolls and shit. Funny and sad to go out you way to be lame on the internet.

:lol::lol::lol:

tp2001

Star
Registered
No way. Marquez in the last 5 years has two loses. I would put Sergio's quality win in the same period over Marquez. I would put Bhop, PBF, Manny, I even put Wlad who has done nothing but dominated over Marquez. To me that is a stretch. There is no way Marquez is consider the top pound for pound fighter in the last 5 years. from 2006 to now. I just don't see it.

Sorry, but we have opposing views on this one...

Here's why I say Marquez...Again, there is no boxer that I know in a snap that has fought the fighters that he has faced since 2006. Katsidis, Floyd, Manny, Casamayor, Juan Diaz, Barrera, and Juarez in that list. Who cares if he had two losses? One, he was a heavy underdog against Floyd. Two, some dispute the decision against Manny. Three, when was being undefeated a requirement of being the pound for pound best? Many fans considered Sugar Ray Robinson the best pound for pound then and now...yet Fullmer, Basilio, and Pender got the best of him during his time...

What I'm saying is, how can anyone argue against that list and still compile that impressive record and not be considered as #1 pound for pound?

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Sorry, but we have opposing views on this one...

Here's why I say Marquez...Again, there is no boxer that I know in a snap that has fought the fighters that he has faced since 2006. Katsidis, Floyd, Manny, Casamayor, Juan Diaz, Barrera, and Juarez in that list. Who cares if he had two losses? One, he was a heavy underdog against Floyd. Two, some dispute the decision against Manny. Three, when was being undefeated a requirement of being the pound for pound best? Many fans considered Sugar Ray Robinson the best pound for pound then and now...yet Fullmer, Basilio, and Pender got the best of him during his time...

What I'm saying is, how can anyone argue against that list and still compile that impressive record and not be considered as #1 pound for pound?

Ok. But I wasn't going back 5 years only 2. Still if you go back 5. He is definitely in the discussion. The thing that hurts him is the fact he lost two the two top fighters in that era. To put him ahead of them just doesn't work for me. But he is in the discussion. And would be more if he at least had one win between PBF and Manny.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Oh for fuck's sake

It was a thread purposely designed to exclude Mayweather so you were trying to steer answers without saying so. Just like I think your reasoning is valid for leaving him off (I think the same thing), I could see the manipulation.

Messageboard martyrs:smh:

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Oh for fuck's sake

It was a thread purposely designed to exclude Mayweather so you were trying to stear answers without saying so. Just like I think your reasoning is valid for leaving him off (I think the same thing), I could see the manipulation.

Messageboard martyrs:smh:

Lol... the funny shit about buk is I can't tell if it is act or not.

tp2001

Star
Registered
...they way that I (and other board members) may see it, it's like buk hates Floyd as much as cranrab hates Kobe...

;) :D :D

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
...they way that I (and other board members) may see it, it's like buk hates Floyd as much as cranrab hates Kobe...

;) :D :D

NAh, there are just some guys that have a bromance with PBF. Something I just don't get. If you guys want to say he is the best then say so. If you think PBF has shown he is the best. I am fine with that. I just thought we talk about active fighters. I mean he isn't listen in ring magazine p4p because of he inactivity. But if he in on bgol. Kudos!

I tell you something. I hate Tobe. PBF, nah. I don't care for dude. But Tobe I hate!

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
NAh, there are just some guys that have a bromance with PBF. Something I just don't get. If you guys want to say he is the best then say so. If you think PBF has shown he is the best. I am fine with that. I just thought we talk about active fighters. I mean he isn't listen in ring magazine p4p because of he inactivity. But if he in on bgol. Kudos!

I tell you something. I hate Tobe. PBF, nah. I don't care for dude. But Tobe I hate!

but he still commands attention...he outsells Pac on PPV buys which just shows you if he is inactive or not he has a following...

he isn't on any major P4P ranking but everyone in Boxing knows PBF status in the sport....he is regarded as the most technically skilled boxer of this generation...

Floyd has been in the top 10 P4P rankings for over the past 10 yrs...only time he wasn't in the top 10 or wasn't the overall #1 P4P was due to him retiring....

I don't know why cats get so bent out of shape about Floyd....he was P4P king for how many yrs while Pac just recently occupied the top spot....

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
but he still commands attention...he outsells Pac on PPV buys which just shows you if he is inactive or not he has a following...

he isn't on any major P4P ranking but everyone in Boxing knows PBF status in the sport....he is regarded as the most technically skilled boxer of this generation...

Floyd has been in the top 10 P4P rankings for over the past 10 yrs...only time he wasn't in the top 10 or wasn't the overall #1 P4P was due to him retiring....

I don't know why cats get so bent out of shape about Floyd....he was P4P king for how many yrs while Pac just recently occupied the top spot....
well you answered it yourself. He's not listed. So why would I ask who isthe top p4p fighter and do what no other credible organization is doing and try to include him? Like I said if you want to say he is the best fine. I actually wanted to talk about active fighters.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

well you answered it yourself. He's not listed. So why would I ask who isthe top p4p fighter and do what no other credible organization is doing and try to include him? Like I said if you want to say he is the best fine. I actually wanted to talk about active fighters.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

....but you ask who is "YOUR" P4P fighter...some cats respond with PBF & cats still get bent out of shape?....:dunno:

he isn't on any list because he retired...not because his skills diminished or he took an L....

after he beats Ortiz...he will reclaim his spot somewhere in the top 5.....

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Based on the criteria, I'd go with Carl Froch honestly... I know this won't be a popular choice, but in the last 2 years Dude has fought:

Jean Pascal
Jermain Taylor
Andre Dirrell
Mikkel Kessler
Arthur Abraham
Glen Johnson
and will fight Andre Ward soon

With only a close disputable loss to Kessler on his ledger... That's a hell of a run. Not to say he's the most gifted, but he consistently fights and for the most part beats top fighters.

It would be difficult for me to give it to BHop or Martinez, because they don't fight often enough and haven't fought the same level of competition, Manny is fighting retreads and PBF is fighting nobody (boxers anyway)...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

A thread that is about Floyd, but formulated to not include Floyd so that when people bring Floyd... he can talk shit about Floyd. :lol:

It is the same as someone creating a thread about the 'biggest known cheater of recent years'... knowing that someone will say Pac just because he is a high profile boxer that raises a lot of questions and then bashing Pac...:rolleyes:

Why do we need a P4P for the past 2 years... shit in two years, Lamont Peterson is in the running for being on a top ten list just off the Ortiz fight alone. Inactivity in a two year window when most of the top guys may have had 3 - 4 fights...:lol: Klitzchko without question should be on everyone's list for years of dominance but for the last two years... :lol:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
A thread that is about Floyd, but formulated to not include Floyd so that when people bring Floyd... he can talk shit about Floyd. :lol:

It is the same as someone creating a thread about the 'biggest known cheater of recent years'... knowing that someone will say Pac just because he is a high profile boxer that raises a lot of questions and then bashing Pac...:rolleyes:

Why do we need a P4P for the past 2 years... shit in two years, Lamont Peterson is in the running for being on a top ten list just off the Ortiz fight alone. Inactivity in a two year window when most of the top guys may have had 3 - 4 fights...:lol: Klitzchko without question should be on everyone's list for years of dominance but for the last two years... :lol:

:thumbsup:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Based on the criteria, I'd go with Carl Froch honestly... I know this won't be a popular choice, but in the last 2 years Dude has fought:

Jean Pascal
Jermain Taylor
Andre Dirrell
Mikkel Kessler
Arthur Abraham
Glen Johnson
and will fight Andre Ward soon

With only a close disputable loss to Kessler on his ledger... That's a hell of a run. Not to say he's the most gifted, but he consistently fights and for the most part beats top fighters.

It would be difficult for me to give it to BHop or Martinez, because they don't fight often enough and haven't fought the same level of competition, Manny is fighting retreads and PBF is fighting nobody (boxers anyway)...

Ward gonna beat that ass....:yes: