Who’s watching the Live Chris Rock Netflix special tonight???

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, listen. Will knows he screwed up. From that marriage to the slap, he knows. And he ruined a good friendship caping for a horrible fucking woman. There’s no way he doesn’t regret what happened. Can you imagine one of your best friends is one the funniest men alive (subjective)? How fun those nights and vacations are? But you ruin your rep, a good friendship, career all over a broad who was showing you she ain’t got your back. Doesn’t respect you. He defended Jada the way most parents do when the cops show up at the door “Not MY child!” Knowing, deep down, your kid prolly did dat shit. I hate it for both of em.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Will shouldn't have slapped Chris.

The special wasn't funny

Niggas who identify with Chris got bullied as children.

Chris is not immune from having his comedy analyzed and dissected.

Not finding Chris funny or identifying a pattern of behavior by him is not selective outrage or being a snowflake.

Fuck yall

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Needless to say, Rock’s choice to make a jab at Pinkett Smith yet again, without ever acknowledging why his joke about her alopecia might have come across as insensitive in the first place, was not well received. Eight months ago, she called Rock an “intelligent, capable” man who she hoped would settle things with her husband. Last weekend, he called her a bitch.

I'm glad that I don't pay attention to those comments on social media because the ignorance is flowing

d977a6513426fa7e4fff89b60742c1cd_w200.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm glad that I don't pay attention to those comments on social media because the ignorance is flowing

d977a6513426fa7e4fff89b60742c1cd_w200.gif

but that is the thing

SELECTIVE outrage.

We ALL picking and choosing what to be mad about

I can't call you stupid or sensitive or ignorant about how you FEEL

and some of these folks brining legit receipts about Rock.

Hell truth be told I got a legit receipt on him too but I aint using it.

All I'm saying is EVERYONE now has their own personal "truth"

right?

So its really difficult to say your "truth is right an they "truth" is wrong.

Especially if its all based in EMOTION and not facts.

I aint saying I AGREE with them but some of them had a damn storage locker of proof about Rock's previous fuckery.

Aint THAT legit too

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but that is the thing

SELECTIVE outrage.

We ALL picking and choosing what to be mad about

I can't call you stupid or sensitive or ignorant about how you FEEL

and some of these folks brining legit receipts about Rock.

Hell truth be told I got a legit receipt on him too but I aint using it.

All I'm saying is EVERYONE now has their own personal "truth"

right?

So its really difficult to say your "truth is right an they "truth" is wrong.

Especially if its all based in EMOTION and not facts.

I aint saying I AGREE with them but some of them had a damn storage locker of proof about Rock's previous fuckery.

Aint THAT legit too

I can call people stupid, sensitive and ignorant if they're incorrect.

Chris made a joke about Jada's haircut, he didn't know it was alopecia. He wasn't commenting on the struggle of Black woman and the issues and intricacies with or of their hair.

She had short hair and made a joke about it. If he knew that it was an actual medial issue I'm sure that he wouldn't have joked about it.

In short, he thought the woman just had a short haircut.

Those that we're speaking about are making in an issue about Black women and the historical implications of their hair! :roflmao:

And that's stupid, I'm my opinion which is why I can't and don't take it seriously.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I can call people stupid, sensitive and ignorant if they're incorrect.

Chris made a joke about Jada's haircut, he didn't know it was alopecia. He wasn't commenting on the struggle of Black woman and the issues and intricacies with or of their hair.

She had short hair and made a joke about it. If he knew that it was an actual medial issue I'm sure that he wouldn't have joked about it.

In short, he thought the woman just had a short haircut.

Those that we're speaking about are making in an issue about Black women and the historical implications of their hair! :roflmao:

And that's stupid, I'm my opinion which is why I can't and don't take it seriously.

You already know I agree with you.

But devil's advocate

You can't say they mad cool and long time friends and then confidently state Chris ain't know about her medical condition.

Gotta be either or at least how you using it

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But devil's advocate

You can't say they mad cool and long time friends and then confidently state Chris ain't know about her medical condition.

Now you're asking me to believe that Chris knew about the alopecia.

Let's say that Chris did know.

If Chris did know, then he deserved to get slapped. And also if he knew, Will should've let us know that a year ago and the world would've agreed that Will should've slapped him.

The all of the would be about nothing because Chris had it coming and deserved it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Now you're asking me to believe that Chris knew about the alopecia.

Let's say that Chris did know.

If Chris did know, then he deserved to get slapped. And also if he knew, Will should've let us know that a year ago and the world would've agreed that Will should've slapped him.

The all of the would be about nothing because Chris had it coming and deserved it.

Wow...

It's crazy right if Will had just lied (if necessary) about Chris knowing previously about her illness?

This ALL ends differently.

Damn never ever considered that.

Well played

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y’all need to put some respect on Chris name
Let’s not forget he started the most used word bgol

thats when he WAS chris rock...

I dont know who this dude is now, he seems to

love cracker ass crackers and hate the God ass Gods....

Talkin bout he prefers to be around trannys than women....

He Getting Traded for Bill Burr!!!

shit shouldve been happend...

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

The special wasn't funny

Not finding Chris funny or identifying a pattern of behavior by him is not selective outrage or being a snowflake.

Fuck yall

You projecting. You mad because your fat wife got roasted at a banquet back in 2005 and didn't get jiggy enough to go up to the mc and handle that big Willie style like you was suppose to.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor

But devil's advocate

you have friends who keep medical conditions secret from their friends. look at meth and his wife cancer battle. they kept it from family members and friends. wendy williams blew it up. just because you're good friends with some one doesn't mean tell them every single thing going on in your life.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The special wasn't funny

Fuck yall

These are all true. I was bullied as a kid. That’s why I took up boxing and have a short fuse at times. The special is was okay, but leaned coonish more than comedy. The Jada shit was unnecessary and not funny. Chris doesn’t have it anymore. And the yoga pants joke made me cringe. Immortalizing Doja Cat was fucking stupid. I tried to rewatch it and I couldn’t.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chris is definetly skewing into the elderly demographic. That shit was awful. Lil rel shit was way better and he seemed like he freestyled the whole thing.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Except Roxanne Gay actually is a professional critic and a New York Times bestselling author.

Sorry if that's too woke for you.

Much of Gay's written work deals with the analysis and deconstruction of feminist and racial issues through the lens of her personal experiences with race, gender identity, and sexuality.

how many comedy gigs has she worked?

Stand up comedians work similar to musicians..they usually stay within the boundaries of what's works for them also the genre is really built for the immediate response of the live audience in the venue.

She's saying shes disappointed that rocks comedy hasn't evolved but he got big laughs and a standing ovation DURING the show...thats all that matters. The fact that a feminist critic sitting on her couch in her suburban home didnt enjoy it is kinda beside the point.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Much of Gay's written work deals with the analysis and deconstruction of feminist and racial issues through the lens of her personal experiences with race, gender identity, and sexuality.

how many comedy gigs has she worked?

Stand up comedians work similar to musicians..they usually stay within the boundaries of what's works for them also the genre is really built for the immediate response of the live audience in the venue.

She's saying shes disappointed that rocks comedy hasn't evolved but he got big laughs and a standing ovation DURING the show...thats all that matters. The fact that a feminist critic sitting on her couch in her suburban home didnt enjoy it is kinda beside the point.

I disagree homie. Great performers challenge themselves and go outside of the boundaries. And I don't think you can compare music with comedy. This shit hurt Chris Rock's brand and image. He was in better standing before the comedy special. And if don't understand the fact that there's more women in the world than men and they spend 80% of the money in the household than you don't understand business my brother. All that feminist shit is nonsense to me. No disrespect intended.