Who’s watching the Live Chris Rock Netflix special tonight???

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think he clears the air. I don’t think they’ll be friends again. I don’t see how. Well, yes I do. Had they scrapped it out backstage, even briefly, I could see it. The way Chris left it, I think it’s dead in the water. However… i do see Hollywood doing a buddy movie foe huge money that will flop.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It maybe that I couldn't get past the fact he used the slap as his main topic. To me it felt like he was capitalizeing off it. He had some funny moments and his break down of Jada and Will is spot on.

I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

I think being that he personally knew all of them and had a history with them, the slap triggered everything and he spoke about it.

He basically had a revelation and an Aha moment.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

I think being that he personally knew all of them and had a history with them, the slap triggered everything and he spoke about it.

He basically had a revelation and an Aha moment.

I wonder if he ran the material by them first, cause some of that shit he said cut deep. Especially Jada.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s been 5 years since his last special so I’m betting he’s got some shit to say. I’m rooting for him. I can’t wait to see the panels in the pre show; it’s loaded with hitters, accept Amy Schumer.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s been 5 years since his last special so I’m betting he’s got some shit to say. I’m rooting for him. I can’t wait to see the panels in the pre show; it’s loaded with hitters, accept Amy Schumer.
There are a couple of funny women comedians that don't spend their entire act talking about their pussies, but Schumer's time is the spotlight is done. I watch Don't Tell comedy sets on Youtube, and some of the women on there have insanely good sets talking about being teachers, growing up with a fat family, feeling safe in an Uber...relatable shit. You can't do 20 minutes on pussy talk and not alienate a lot of the audience.

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Most likely the same jokes. Was it a good show?

yes, the show in Birmingham had Donnel Rowlings, rock, chappelle, and this other dude(Ritchie i think). all new jokes. Rock seemed like he was rusty and used a teleprompter still funny. Rowlings and the other dude only did 15 min a piece. Both funny as hell. Chappelle was Chappelle. He was still on the alphabet people and a few groups left on his set. only gripe was the show was to start at 730 and the first comic didnt start until after 830