White boy racist Ethan Liming fuk'd around & found out.....Rest in Piss (RIP)

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
This was actually a balanced piece. They made it clear they weren't firing a "water gun." Also the dude said his friend was "knocked out" not stomped. It leads me to believe he was punched and later died.

Also his friends left him instead of staying with him or taking him to a hospital. :smh:

Co-sign all of this.

If this is an accurate account of what occurred these brothers should have a good shot of beating these charges.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Now that the serious charges of manslaughter/ murder have been dropped, hopefully a decent lawyer will get them off;

"Due to recent mass shooting events my clients were in fear of their lives. A group of white males started shooting at them using life-like weapons. These men were minding their own business playing basketball at the local basketball court. The victim and his friends chose to approach, antagonize and cause fear, harm and terror to these defendants.
After being accosted and assaulted themselves, my clients chose to defend themselves against what they perceived as a group of terroists..
It is unfortunate that Ethan lost his life in the process, but my clients did not approach or engage with him. He and his cohorts made the conscious decision to engage, cause harm and instill terror in my clients."

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Judge decides against gag order in Ethan Liming case

Amanda Garrett, Akron Beacon Journal
September 29, 2022·1 min read

A Summit County judge on Thursday denied a prosecution request to impose a gag order in the case involving those charged in the death of Firestone High School student Ethan Liming.

Judge Tammy O’Brien said that could change, but pointed out that there had been no significant media coverage of the case for nearly six weeks.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys, she said, could weed out any potential biased jurors during voir dire, the pretrial process when attorneys question prospective jurors about what they know and believe about a case, along with other issues.

No trial date has been set for brothers Tyler and DeShawn Stafford, who face involuntary manslaughter and other charges in Liming’s death outside Akron’s I Promise School earlier this year.

But the trial likely won’t happen this year. O’Brien said Thursday that she is already booking trials now into February.

Legal proceedings for Donovon Jones, the third defendant charged in relation to Liming's death, are being carried out separately from the Stafford brothers' case.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Plead no contest, get 180 days suspended and released on time served........not an acquittal or full release but the next best thing I guess

So Ethan's dad is now playing the race card?! Hahaha

It's unfortunate your son died, but he and his friends' decision to fuck with people who were minding their own damn business instigated the confrontation that became an assault.....

And once confronted Ethan doubled down and shot someone else with the splattr gun.....

Why?!

Leave people the fuck alone!

All these news reports say "brutally assaulted" and "murdered".... the autopsy showed he had brusing on his hands, mild brusing to his face, but a laceration to the back of his head and a skull fracture from hitting the concrete......well damn,

most of us know it's a possibility but never think the one time we knock a mfkr out they will actually fracture their skull and die.....

I hope the other 2 brothers get out soon as well.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Plead no contest, get 180 days suspended and released on time served........not an acquittal or full release but the next best thing I guess

So Ethan's dad is now playing the race card?! Hahaha

It's unfortunate your son died, but he and his friends' decision to fuck with people who were minding their own damn business instigated the confrontation that became an assault.....

And once confronted Ethan doubled down and shot someone else with the splattr gun.....

Why?!

Leave people the fuck alone!

All these news reports say "brutally assaulted" and "murdered".... the autopsy showed he had brusing on his hands, mild brusing to his face, but a laceration to the back of his head and a skull fracture from hitting the concrete......well damn,

most of us know it's a possibility but never think the one time we knock a mfkr out they will actually fracture their skull and die.....

I hope the other 2 brothers get out soon as well.
The dad said "his son died because of a toy, goofing around being a teenager..."

WTF! dayummmmm...smdh

Bluelaser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
White people are yelling, "They killed him over a TOY!" No, they didn't beat his ass because he "had a toy", they beat his ass because of what was done with that toy. They kill me how a parse stories when the aggressor/victim is white.

This clown attempted to rob a store but laughed and said it was a prank and that the gun was a toy gun.
But law enforcement saw it different.
Notice how the officer said, "What if he got shot by the store clerk or if a card carrying bystander would've shot him."
So shouldn't the same self defense reasoning apply to the black ball players ?
But I wonder if that officer would have the same sentiments if that prank robber was white ?

I think his line would be "He's just a teenage kid having fun, pulling a prank and we don't think it's that serious so we'll give him probation as a warning.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
This clown attempted to rob a store but laughed and said it was a prank and that the gun was a toy gun.
But law enforcement saw it different.
Notice how the officer said, "What if he got shot by the store clerk or if a card carrying bystander would've shot him."
So shouldn't the same self defense reasoning apply to the black ball players ?
But I wonder if that officer would have the same sentiments if that prank robber was white ?

I think his line would be "He's just a teenage kid having fun, pulling a prank and we don't think it's that serious so we'll give him probation as a warning.

Sever mental illness is a thing. :(

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
In all the stories I read on this incident, I was given the inpression that dude was stomped out and beaten once he fell on the ground...now it looks like a standard knocked down and cracking of the skull on the concrete...very curious as to how they are going to try to hem up these kids because it looks like justified self defense against an assault with an unintended outcome...White supremacy always finds a way but those kids had every right to defend themselves

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
In all the stories I read on this incident, I was given the inpression that dude was stomped out and beaten once he fell on the ground...now it looks like a standard knocked down and cracking of the skull on the concrete...very curious as to how they are going to try to hem up these kids because it looks like justified self defense against an assault with an unintended outcome...White supremacy always finds a way but those kids had every right to defend themselves
Exactly. You should've seen what the comments on The Coli were like when the story first happened. People were saying the guys who were attacked while minding their own business couldn't control their emotions and other shit.

All the evidence is showing he died of a freak accident after getting into a justified, run-of-the-mill fight.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is why people shouldn't be fighting on the street. All it takes is one punch to make someone go limp and fall on the unforgiving concrete.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still don't understand why his friends were not charged. All that Ethan stayed in the car does not matter, them kids were assaulted and defended themselves.

The law states any accomplices involved in a felony can be charged with the death of anyone else involved whether it was caused by police, self defense or their own act.

The assault was not deemed a felony so they escaped those charges.

Also you already know in regards to their own assault charges, "These kids have been through enough." "We don't want to ruin their lives...." "The guilt of Ethan's death is punishment enough."

The same bullshit they come up with.

Oh and lastly Ethan was in the car for the initial assault. But once the 3 brothas came for that "getback," Ethan got out of the car and shot one of them with the splattr gun, just tossing gas onto the rage fire they had going......

So, nah he earned that one...

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True but the black kids were minding their own business having fun. There wouldn't have been a fight if the white kids weren't fucking around and starting trouble in the first place.
I'm just saying physical altercations aren't good outside of environments meant to handle fights. Martial art and boxing areas have padded floors and medical professionals on standby to help. There was a reason we waited until it snowed a lot to play tackle football on the street. The ground is pretty goddamn hard and it's unyielding.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm just saying physical altercations aren't good outside of environments meant to handle fights. Martial art and boxing areas have padded floors and medical professionals on standby to help. There was a reason we waited until it snowed a lot to play tackle football on the street. The ground is pretty goddamn hard and it's unyielding.
No argument with any of this. However as we know, the real world works differently. As in this case, the kids were playing basketball and having a good time. They weren't trying or planning on throwing hands with anybody until they were attacked for no good reason.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No argument with any of this. However as we know, the real world works differently. As in this case, the kids were playing basketball and having a good time. They weren't trying or planning on throwing hands with anybody until they were attacked for no good reason.
I feel bad for those kids. They got caught up in some bullshit because some dickheads wanted to fuck with people. When they get off, they should go around like Kyle Rittenhouse and subtle brag about getting away with murder. It'll be interesting to see all the self defense people never show up.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The trial for two brothers charged in the death of Ethan Liming is set to begin May 1.

Tyler Stafford, 19, of Cleveland, and Deshawn Stafford, 21, of Akron, are charged with involuntary manslaughter and other offenses related to Liming’s death outside Akron’s I Promise School in June.

Their cousin, Donovon Jones, in October pleaded no contest to assault, a first-degree misdemeanor in the case. He received a 180-day suspended jail sentence.

Akron police initially portrayed Liming’s death as a brutal attack.

But as time passed, a clearer picture of what happened emerged. Liming and three high school friends drove to I Promise after dark with two gel pellet toy guns, police and defense attorneys say.

There, they found a group of young men playing basketball, including the Staffords and their cousin.

Police and defense attorneys say that Liming’s group ambushed the basketball players, spraying them with scores of gel pellets. The basketball players initially ran because they feared real bullets were being fired, defense attorney said.

But when they realized they were being hit with gel pellets — like those used in attacks nationwide, inspired by the so-called Orbeez Challenge on social media — the basketball players turned and confronted Liming and his friends.

Defense attorneys said a fight ensued and Liming fell in the parking lot, hitting his head on the asphalt. The blow proved fatal, autopsy results showed.

The Staffords and their cousin were initially charged with murder, but a Summit County grand jury later indicted the trio on lesser charges.

Some conservative political podcasts and news outlets seized on the case early on, spinning it a racially motivated attack because those charged are Black and Liming is white.

But police and Liming’s family, including his father Bill Liming, said race played no part in Liming’s death.

And some in Akron’s Black community criticized police for initially portraying a trio of young Black men as the aggressors even though they were the ones first attacked.

No one from Liming’s group has ever faced charges in the ambush.

This spring, the case will be heard in Summit County Common Pleas Judge Tammy O’Brien’s courtroom.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
The trial for two brothers charged in the death of Ethan Liming is set to begin May 1.

Tyler Stafford, 19, of Cleveland, and Deshawn Stafford, 21, of Akron, are charged with involuntary manslaughter and other offenses related to Liming’s death outside Akron’s I Promise School in June.

Their cousin, Donovon Jones, in October pleaded no contest to assault, a first-degree misdemeanor in the case. He received a 180-day suspended jail sentence.

Akron police initially portrayed Liming’s death as a brutal attack.

But as time passed, a clearer picture of what happened emerged. Liming and three high school friends drove to I Promise after dark with two gel pellet toy guns, police and defense attorneys say.

There, they found a group of young men playing basketball, including the Staffords and their cousin.

Police and defense attorneys say that Liming’s group ambushed the basketball players, spraying them with scores of gel pellets. The basketball players initially ran because they feared real bullets were being fired, defense attorney said.

But when they realized they were being hit with gel pellets — like those used in attacks nationwide, inspired by the so-called Orbeez Challenge on social media — the basketball players turned and confronted Liming and his friends.

Defense attorneys said a fight ensued and Liming fell in the parking lot, hitting his head on the asphalt. The blow proved fatal, autopsy results showed.

The Staffords and their cousin were initially charged with murder, but a Summit County grand jury later indicted the trio on lesser charges.

Some conservative political podcasts and news outlets seized on the case early on, spinning it a racially motivated attack because those charged are Black and Liming is white.

But police and Liming’s family, including his father Bill Liming, said race played no part in Liming’s death.

And some in Akron’s Black community criticized police for initially portraying a trio of young Black men as the aggressors even though they were the ones first attacked.

No one from Liming’s group has ever faced charges in the ambush.

This spring, the case will be heard in Summit County Common Pleas Judge Tammy O’Brien’s courtroom.
It needs to be thrown out the same day it's heard. The kids shooting the pellets fucked up and one, unfortunately, lost his life for that mistake.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
It needs to be thrown out the same day it's heard. The kids shooting the pellets fucked up and one, unfortunately, lost his life for that mistake.

Them other assholes lucky they didn’t get dusted! Try that shit in Ga it’s gonna be bodies dropping! It’s like the wild Wild West in this mf. Then the parents came on talking about how great their son was fuck that! Teach his dumbass to leave folks alone and stop playing hoe games!