164239082_3864374600275766_8355440177786879631_n.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Randall Park to Make Directorial Debut With Adaptation of Shortcomings
By Charu Sinha@charulatasinha
Photo: WireImage

c85656650c0dd619e142c5c439331f2744-randall-park.rsquare.w330.jpg

America’s sweetheart Randall Park is set to make his directorial debut with a film adaptation of Adrian Tomine’s graphic novel Shortcomings. Tomine is penning the screenplay in addition to executive producing. “I am such a huge fan of Adrian’s work, and I’m very excited to team with him and Roadside Attractions on this updated, modern take of Shortcomings,” Park said in a statement. “In these characters, I see versions of Asian Americans in my own life — the ones I love and the ones I just kind of tolerate.” Per Deadline, Shortcomings follows “a trio of young Bay Area urbanites — Ben Tanaka, Miko Hayashi, and Alice Kim — as they navigate a range of interpersonal relationships, traversing the country in search of the ideal connection. In cafes, bars, and bedrooms, their stories collide and intertwine with naked candor and razor-sharp humor.”

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
We can assume that Wanda and the Vision that died in Wakanda had a sexual relationship,right? They had been in bed in Scotland prior to being attacked on the street by Proxima Midnight and Corbius Glaive. Even if Vision didn't have a Johnson, he had ways to please her.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Can we assume that every S.W.O.R.D employee that was there the day Wanda went to retreive VIsion's body was re-assigned or fired? They could testify that other than broken glass and door she showed a ridiculous amount of restraint during an extremely stressful period and neither stole the body nor hamred them.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
WHAT FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER GETS RIGHT

The Flag-Smashers in Falcon and the Winter Soldier Episode 5.Marvel
When it comes to its villains, Falcon and the Winter Soldier gets a lot wrong. Baron Zemo is fun, but if you think about it too hard, we’ve basically been watching a mass-murdering war criminal make clever jokes and cut it up on the Madripoor dance floor. The Flag-Smashers are even worse, serving as a completely shallow villain that also manages to play into Marvel’s worst tendencies. But buried somewhere deep in the Flag-Smashers is an interesting idea.

We’re supposed to think the ending of Avengers: Endgame is a happy one. Despite a few major deaths, billions of people are brought back to life. On the surface, that’s a good thing, but in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, we see the dark side of that story.

The Flag-Smashers in an early episode.Marvel
Five years is a long time to wait. In the gap between Infinity War and the end of Endgame, people moved on. Entire nations moved on. With a dramatically lowered population, borders were loosened to allow easy travel. Nationalism and xenophobia fell by the wayside to keep the economy from collapsing.

This alone is a fascinating idea that we’ll probably never really see explored onscreen in the MCU. But what happens next is even more interesting. With the Blip undone, the billions of people who turned to dust return, and nationalism returns with them. The chaos starts to subside, but not everyone is happy about it.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is doing something that feels unprecedented, at least for a big-budget superhero story. It’s exploring the socio-economic ramifications of a story like Avengers: Endgame. Even if the Flag-Smashers turn out to be basic bad guys in the end, it’s impressive that the series even tried.

FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER VS. WANDAVISION

Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision.Marvel

WandaVision was never going to be that type of show for multiple reasons. For one thing, it’s set just a few weeks after Endgame. The wounds of that movie are still fresh. It takes six months after the Blip for groups like the Flag-Smashers to start gaining momentum in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

WandaVision was also a more personal show, focused entirely on the emotions of its characters. And it was a localized show, set almost exclusively in one New Jersey town. Sure, the town appears to be struggling economically, but we have no idea if that has anything to do with Thanos or if it’s just classic American decline.

Instead of exploring the broader ripples of Endgame, WandaVision focused on the immediate impact. Sometimes that was powerful (like Wanda dealing with the grief of losing Vision), but a lot of the time it was pretty silly. (Kat Dennings and Randall Park arguing over which members of the Avengers fought best against Thanos in the final showdown is fun fan service, but it’s not very deep.)

Kat Dennings and Randall Park.Marvel
WandaVision was never going to offer a macro perspective on life after Endgame, and that’s fine. But in the context of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, what the earlier show was able to do looks shallow by comparison.

The simple idea that some people preferred life during the Blip alone is fascinating. Expanding outwards to understand why that might be is even more interesting. And while Falcon and the Winter Soldier probably won’t offer any actual answers in Episode 6, the fact that it’s even asking these questions in the first place reveals just how different these two shows really are.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
WandaVision actress Kat Dennings is engaged to rocker Andrew W.K.

The couple revealed their romance earlier this month.
By Karen Mizoguchi
May 13, 2021 at 02:51 PM EDT

| CREDIT: ANDREW W.K./INSTAGRAM
Kat Dennings is a bride-to-be.
On Thursday, the WandaVision actress, 34, announced her engagement to rocker Andrew W.K., 42, after confirming their relationship on social media more than a week ago.

"Don't mind if I do," Dennings captioned her engagement post on Instagram, including three photos of the couple, two of which showed off her massive diamond ring.

Her fiancé shared the same three photos on his Instagram page, captioning his post with the diamond ring emoji.
Four days before unveiling her engagement, Dennings wished the musician a happy birthday by posting a shot of the couple kissing.

On May 3, Dennings made their romance Instagram official when she shared two sultry photos of the singer on Instagram using a heart emoji.
Dennings previously dated musician Josh Groban after they were introduced to each other by 2 Broke Girls star Beth Behrs. They called it quits in 2016 after two years together.
Meanwhile, W.K. married dancer and fitness pro Cherie Lily — whom Dennings follows on Instagram — in 2008. W.K. and Lily "began amicable divorce proceedings in late 2019," a previous press release from W.K. confirmed.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Wanda created everything with her mind not just Vision. "Down to the crown molding". She gave her kids and Vision free will.

Agatha is there chilling and sees this incredible spell and is in shock! She can't understand how a witch like Wanda is so powerful.

Wanda did not know that her psychic backlash created the new world. She had no clue at first that she did this.

Agatha comes along and starts spying on Wanda to figure it all out. That is why she is the nosey neighbor trying to get information!

Agatha explains she created Quicksilver to spy on Wanda and get her to tell him. Quicksilver is her eyes and ears.

Agatha says she didn't use a necromancy spell to created Quicksilver. She used a crystalline spell.

Necromancy involves animating a dead body but Quicksilver's body has bullet holes and is too far away.

Shouldn't he have decomposed by 2023(current MCU time) if he died in 2015?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
WandaVision actress Kat Dennings is engaged to rocker Andrew W.K.

The couple revealed their romance earlier this month.
By Karen Mizoguchi
May 13, 2021 at 02:51 PM EDT

| CREDIT: ANDREW W.K./INSTAGRAM
Kat Dennings is a bride-to-be.
On Thursday, the WandaVision actress, 34, announced her engagement to rocker Andrew W.K., 42, after confirming their relationship on social media more than a week ago.

"Don't mind if I do," Dennings captioned her engagement post on Instagram, including three photos of the couple, two of which showed off her massive diamond ring.

Her fiancé shared the same three photos on his Instagram page, captioning his post with the diamond ring emoji.
Four days before unveiling her engagement, Dennings wished the musician a happy birthday by posting a shot of the couple kissing.

On May 3, Dennings made their romance Instagram official when she shared two sultry photos of the singer on Instagram using a heart emoji.
Dennings previously dated musician Josh Groban after they were introduced to each other by 2 Broke Girls star Beth Behrs. They called it quits in 2016 after two years together.
Meanwhile, W.K. married dancer and fitness pro Cherie Lily — whom Dennings follows on Instagram — in 2008. W.K. and Lily "began amicable divorce proceedings in late 2019," a previous press release from W.K. confirmed.

We now gotta hope this White Boy don’t get into her head pumping lies to her that she is Fat.

He knows the attention she is getting from Brothas.

Too many White Boyz have damaged these White Chicks with that shit.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well, yeah but if it was necromancy it could be explained that the spell could grow him from his bones.

However, the point is mute because it was proven that this wasn't Quicksilver at all.

He looks like Evan Peters only as a nod to the fans.

Everyone made a big deal about nothing.

I warned people this had nothing to do with the X-Men.

Shouldn't he have decomposed by 2023(current MCU time) if he died in 2015?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I been rewatching the MCU movies in order over the past few months with the wife and kids.

Last night while eating our Memorial Day meal. We re-watch “Captain America Civil War”.

I completely forgot how good that movie is. I have not seen it since it came out on DVD.

Anyhow….WandaVision takes place after “Endgame”, but the story somewhat takes place right after Civil War. That movie is where their relationship starts from our point of view. Their interaction in the film is what sets some of the plot in WandaVision.

We also get a hint on the scenes where Vision eats food in Civil War and his reaction to food in general.

Check the movie out when you get the chance.

civil%2Bwar.JPG

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I been rewatching the MCU movies in order over the past few months with the wife and kids.

Last night while eating our Memorial Day meal. We re-watch “Captain America Civil War”.

I completely forgot how good that movie is. I have not seen it since it came out on DVD.

Anyhow….WandaVision takes place after “Endgame”, but the story somewhat takes place right after Civil War. That movie is where their relationship starts from our point of view. Their interaction in the film is what sets some of the plot in WandaVision.

We also get a hint on the scenes where Vision eats food in Civil War and his reaction to food in general.

civil%2Bwar.JPG
You posted all that to say vision likes food.vision likes food.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

civil%2Bwar.JPG

He wasn't preparing a meal for himself, but for Wanda.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Elizabeth Olsen says 'WandaVision' is definitely not getting a season 2

"It's definitely a limited series."
By Andrea Towers
June 09, 2021 at 10:39 AM EDT

WandaVision was considered a critically acclaimed hit, but fans who want to see a second season of Wanda Maximoff's witchy adventures on Disney+ may be out of luck.

While virtually interviewing each other for Variety's Actor on Actor series, stars Kaley Cuoco and Elizabeth Olsen took turns gushing to each other about their latest projects. (The Flight Attendant and WandaVision, respectively.) When Olsen asked when Cuoco would start filming her show's second season, Cuoco returned the favor by trying to get Olsen to confirm if there would be a second season of WandaVision.
"No. No," Olsen responded immediately. "It's definitely a limited series."

"Limited series," Cuoco answered slyly, reminding Olsen that her show had said the same thing before it was renewed.

"I mean, I'm saying that," Olsen said. "I don't know. I mean, with Marvel, you can never say no. People die..."

When Cuoco shared her disappointment over losing a "major scoop for the world," Olsen maintained that she would be "shocked" if there was another season. "The thing that I did learn through Sorry For Your Loss and WandaVision is that I love doing television," the actress continued. "And I do miss, I think, the four-five week experience of making a film - it just feels so exciting and like camp for a little bit. But I think this six month experience of really hard work with the same people and it's exhausting...it just feels really good."

Marvel fans know there are no rules when it comes to the universe. But no one knows that better than Olsen, whose on-screen partner Paul Bettany, a.k.a. Vision, died at the hands of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War and was brought back to the land of the living (kind of) for WandaVision. Olsen, however, has always had the mindset that WandaVision was supposed to be a "one and done" deal.

"It is a limited series. It's a fully beginning, middle, end, and that's it kind of thing," she told People back in January before the show's premiere.
Olsen will continue her Scarlet Witch journey in next year's Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and where her character will go in the Marvel Universe after that is still a mystery. But according to Olsen, it probably won't be back to Westview.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

By Andrea Towers

WandaVision was considered a critically acclaimed hit, but fans who want to see a second season of Wanda Maximoff's witchy adventures on Disney+ may be out of luck.

While virtually interviewing each other for Variety's Actor on Actor series, stars Kaley Cuoco and Elizabeth Olsen took turns gushing to each other about their latest projects. (The Flight Attendant and WandaVision, respectively.) When Olsen asked when Cuoco would start filming her show's second season, Cuoco returned the favor by trying to get Olsen to confirm if there would be a second season of WandaVision.

"Limited series," Cuoco answered slyly, reminding Olsen that her show had said the same thing before it was renewed.

"I mean, I'm saying that," Olsen said. "I don't know. I mean, with Marvel, you can never say no. People die..."

When Cuoco shared her disappointment over losing a "major scoop for the world," Olsen maintained that she would be "shocked" if there was another season. "The thing that I did learn through Sorry For Your Loss and WandaVision is that I love doing television," the actress continued. "And I do miss, I think, the four-five week experience of making a film - it just feels so exciting and like camp for a little bit. But I think this six month experience of really hard work with the same people and it's exhausting...it just feels really good."

Marvel fans know there are no rules when it comes to the universe. But no one knows that better than Olsen, whose on-screen partner Paul Bettany, a.k.a. Vision, died at the hands of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War and was brought back to the land of the living (kind of) for WandaVision. Olsen, however, has always had the mindset that WandaVision was supposed to be a "one and done" deal.

"It is a limited series. It's a fully beginning, middle, end, and that's it kind of thing," she told People back in January before the show's premiere.
Olsen will continue her Scarlet Witch journey in next year's Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and where her character will go in the Marvel Universe after that is still a mystery. But according to Olsen, it probably won't be back to Westview.

It was obvious the show wasn't getting a 2nd season.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

By Andrea Towers

And Paul Bettany's contract about to expire anyway..

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
What JK Rowling did with Harry Potter is similar to what happens with the Scarlet Witch. Powers in most mutants just like witches are "borne" either from puberty or a traumatic event.

Between seeing her dead parents and seeing the Tony Stark missile that didn't go off possibly by her own power, that was the onset of her powers

I also got the impression that Wanda was the spoiled twin. Perhaps she was spoiled because she was loved, but also because perhaps her parents knew she was a potential witch and were afraid of her.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
How bruh???

The movies ruined it for you?

Actually, quite the opposite. From about '80-'00, I was an X-book junkie. Sometime circa '00-'01 right after an X-book/Avengers crossover, 'Bloodties', I got hit by a giant wave of apathy towards X-stuff that I haven't been able to shake. Because of that, I didn't hate most of the FOX X-Men movies. I guess if I didn't have the passion to care, I didn't have the passion to be disappointed-for the most part-Apocalypse looked stupid. Thus, my appetite for seeing mtuants on screen was whet. Nothing more I need to see.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Actually, quite the opposite. From about '80-'00, I was an X-book junkie. Sometime circa '00-'01 right after an X-book/Avengers crossover, 'Bloodties', I got hit by a giant wave of apathy towards X-stuff that I haven't been able to shake. Because of that, I didn't hate most of the FOX X-Men movies. I guess if I didn't have the passion to care, I didn't have the passion to be disappointed-for the most part-Apocalypse looked stupid. Thus, my appetite for seeing mtuants on screen was whet. Nothing more I need to see.

Wow ok i hear you.

I wanna see the mutants but in their own universe.

They dont fit in the rest of the MCU.

Mutants have always been their own deal, seperate from everything else.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Wow ok i hear you.

I wanna see the mutants but in their own universe.

They dont fit in the rest of the MCU.

Mutants have always been their own deal, seperate from everything else.

You agree with YouTube reviewer John Campea. That's what he thinks Fiege should do with the mutants. I can get behind them being separate from the MCU. The thing is from a narrative(though honestly, the MCU might need the X-Men villains more than the heroes) and $$ standpoint, the mutants are more of a want than a need. Same with Spidey and Deadpool.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
You agree with YouTube reviewer John Campea. That's what he thinks Fiege should do with the mutants. I can get behind them being separate from the MCU. The thing is from a narrative(though honestly, the MCU might need the X-Men villains more than the heroes) and $$ standpoint, the mutants are more of a want than a need. Same with Spidey and Deadpool.

Kind of disagree with you about needing new heroes.

MCU is in a transition phase. The big names have run their course. Need new blood/heroes to rebuild.

We are all waiting to see who the new Avengers team will be and who the long term bad guy will be.