WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Kind of disagree with you about needing new heroes.

MCU is in a transition phase. The big names have run their course. Need new blood/heroes to rebuild.

We are all waiting to see who the new Avengers team will be and who the long term bad guy will be.

I've long been under the opinion that in any superhero universe, the heroes should be outnumbered by the villains(not anti-heroes, but true,evil muthafuckas) eithet 2:1 or it should be a 1:1 ratio. My fear is that the MCU is gonna have more heroes than villains, which can lead to too much hero vs.hero fuckery.

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I've long been under the opinion that in any superhero universe, the heroes should be outnumbered by the villains(not anti-heroes, but true,ecul muthafuckas) eithet 2:1 or it should be a 1:1 ratio. My fear is that the MCU is gonna have more heroes than villains, which can lead to too much hero vs.hero fuckery.

Hero vs hero is coming bruh.

You know its coming.

Capt Marvel doesnt have a real rogues gallery.

Same for Black Panther.

Same for Shang Chi.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Hero vs hero is coming bruh.

You know its coming.

Capt Marvel doesnt have a real rogues gallery.

Same for Black Panther.

Same for Shang Chi.

Sigh. I dug that shit when I was Young Lou_Kayge, then sometime in my teens realized one of the reasons why this fuckery was so prevalent in Marvel Comics is because they gave most of their heroes ass rogues galleries.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
He wasn't preparing a meal for himself, but for Wanda.

In WandaVision he ate the food and it created a malfunction.

It was explained in Civil War when he made the meal.

Wanda fucked up and was not paying attention when he had prepared the meal. She had Vision eat in WandaVision.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Man I dunno.... you know he got the pedigree in name, but is he really that guy? I still see him as that goofy ass character on BALLERS.....

As a former rb, he has the athleticism down. In his mid-30's and is one of the better actors among the dark skinned bruthas in his age range. Also, at 5'11, only inch shorter than Chadwick was.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a former rb, he has the athleticism down. In his mid-30's and is one of the better actors among the dark skinned bruthas in his age range. Also, at 5'11, only inch shorter than Chadwick was.

Nah, they need to go ahead and hand that mantle over to Shuri. You give that major brand to a black woman and let her run with it.

Granted she is kinda young, she may not even want that kind of opportunity. They are gonna have to WRITE THE HELL out of that script cause if it is garbage she is gonna have that hanging over her for YEARS!

But the first people to hate on her? White women, cause they still feel slighted over that Captain Marvel role she played.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nah, they need to go ahead and hand that mantle over to Shuri. You give that major brand to a black woman and let her run with it.

Granted she is kinda young, she may not even want that kind of opportunity. They are gonna have to WRITE THE HELL out of that script cause if it is garbage she is gonna have that hanging over her for YEARS!

But the first people to hate on her? White women, cause they still feel slighted over that Captain Marvel role she played.
Yea im not sure if she wants all that attention. She kind of seems like she likes to stay low key. But it's alot of stressing I know on this BP2 tho. Stress like trying to clean up the country after BUSH lol

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

Still no need to kill T'Challa in the MCU. He can take time off and Shuri can be BP. Then he can come back and they can both be BP. That happened in the comics.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea im not sure if she wants all that attention. She kind of seems like she likes to stay low key. But it's alot of stressing I know on this BP2 tho. Stress like trying to clean up the country after BUSH lol
Still no need to kill T'Challa in the MCU. He can take time off and Shuri can be BP. Then he can come back and they can both be BP. That happened in the comics.

So how about this: BP2 Shuri takes the mantel of the Black Panther for whatever reason. Setting up the Big Bad for that Phase. BP3 or an after credit scene you introduce David Washington as T'Challa.

Funny based on this Chadwick Boseman had his acting classes paid for BY Denzel Washington only to have the role that made Chadwick famous being played by his son.

Blackouttt

Emeritus Opinion Provider (Lurker)
Registered
Keep Black Panther in costume, CGI him in very little scenes, turn Shuri into Black Panther later on in the movie, get the audience use to the idea that Black Panther will be changing out every couple of movies like James Bond but link it to the story line the there is new Black Panther after the fighting ceremony.

problem solved!

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Keep Black Panther in costume, CGI him in very little scenes, turn Shuri into Black Panther later on in the movie, get the audience use to the idea that Black Panther will be changing out every couple of movies like James Bond but link it to the story line the there is new Black Panther after the fighting ceremony.

problem solved!
Who is the next black panther name tho lol. Can't be t'challa lol.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

WandaVision star Elizabeth Olsen reveals what's next for Scarlet Witch after show's success

The first-time Emmy nominee says she's surprised the Disney+ show has become one of TV's biggest hits
By Devan Coggan
July 13, 2021 at 07:30 PM EDT

It's only fitting that in a year when many of us passed the time by escaping into television, one of TV's biggest hits was a show about exactly that. WandaVision was practically an immediate success from the moment its first two episodes dropped in January: Not only did the series kick-off Disney+'s new foray into Marvel television, but it also married classic sitcom shenanigans and superhero angst to weave a twisted family drama that could be hilarious one moment and devastating the next.
WandaVision's triumphant streak continued Tuesday when it earned a whopping 23 Emmy nominations, including Best Limited Series. One of those recognized was first-time nominee Elizabeth Olsen, who has played Marvel's Wanda Maximoff for the last six years and charted her journey from powerful antagonist to sympathetic Avenger. WandaVision was a chance for Olsen — and by extension, Marvel — to flex new muscles, juggling comedic sitcom moments with grief and heartfelt drama. (Her costars Paul Bettany and Kathryn Hahn were also nominated.)

ADVERTISING

EW caught up with Olsen shortly after the nominations were announced on Tuesday to talk about Wanda's unexpected TV journey — and where she might go next.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Congratulations! Have you talked to Paul Bettany and Kathryn Hahn and the rest of the WandaVision team yet?
ELIZABETH OLSEN:
We all texted each other earlier this morning! And then I had a dialect coach [meeting], and then I started taking these calls. So I haven't even responded to any of my friends yet!
We spoke a year ago when you were still filming, and you talked about how you were so excited for this show, but you weren't sure how it was going to be received. Looking back now, were you surprised at all by the reception?
I am! I'm always surprised when people like anything I'm a part of. [Laughs] You never really know if something will hit and affect an audience. It just depends on what's going on at that time and what else is on television. So yeah, I am surprised! Not because I didn't love it, but just because you never know.

Elizabeth Olsen in 'WandaVision'

| CREDIT: MARVEL STUDIOS
Why do you think so many people identified with Wanda and her particular story of grief and loss?
I think there's a few reasons. There's this idea in the script of us needing to create these bubbles and this need to protect ourselves and our family, which she quite literally does. And we were all in a pandemic, where we were all doing the same thing. [Laughs] Then I also feel like people — especially during 2020 and the beginning of 2021 — were really craving comfort. American sitcom television has for generations created that sense of comfort. So I think there were a couple things that just hit a sweet spot for people.
We didn't know about any pandemic when we started making this show! But I feel like it was just meant for this moment in time.
Wanda is a character you've played for years now. What was the most rewarding part of getting to do this deep dive with her in WandaVision?
I never thought I would have this opportunity, and I am so grateful to get to have spent this many hours with her now. I feel like I can do anything with her now. Someone I was talking to was saying that's what is so interesting about the character is you don't know if she's a hero or a villain — and that's kind of the point of that character in the comics. You can't define her as either. The only person that can hurt her is herself. I just love getting to play her because of those complexities.
Especially in a show like WandaVision, which is all about dissecting those complexities.
I kind of try and do that with any character I play because I think I generally choose morally ambiguous characters. I think that for the most part, we all have a bit of both in us, depending on whose perspective you're looking from. As an actor, that's just where I get a kick out of the job the most.
We obviously have not seen the last of Wanda, and you'll be appearing in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which is coming up. I know you can't talk too much about it, but what are you most excited about when it comes to Wanda's next chapter?
I mean, I have no idea of what to say. [Laughs] I'm just grateful that I feel like I have a good ownership of the character. I'm excited now that we have the audience understanding her more, and we can take them on different journeys to different places.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Elizabeth Olsen shows support for Scarlett Johansson in Disney lawsuit: 'Good for you'

The WandaVision actress spoke out about her Avengers co-star's legal battles.
By Andrea Towers
August 23, 2021 at 12:39 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

14:31
14:31

WandaVision star Elizabeth Olsen is throwing her support behind Avengers teammate Scarlett Johansson and her ongoing Black Widow lawsuit.
"I think she's so tough and literally when I read that I was like, 'Good for you Scarlett,'" the actress said during a joint Vanity Fair interview with Jason Sudeikis where the subject of theatrical release in the time of COVID was brought up — along with Johansson's recent legal battle with Disney.
While Olsen did admit that one of the things that she was worried about in the new age of theatrical experiences versus streaming was the survival of movie theaters, she also maintained she wasn't worried about Johansson — or, seemingly, her own future projects.
"When it comes to actors and their earnings, I mean, that's just, that's just all contracts," Olsen explained. "So it's either in the contract or it's not."

"It is appropriately bad-ass and on brand," added Sudeikis, who also weighed in on the balance between streaming and theatrical releases, adding, "I just hope that with that still comes creative autonomy, and we don't lose sight of that."
Elizabeth Olsen and Scarlett Johansson

| CREDIT: DOMINIK BINDL/GETTY IMAGES; STEVE GRANITZ/WIREIMAGE
Last month, Johansson filed a suit against the Walt Disney Company, claiming that the studio breached her contract when it released Black Widow in theaters and on Disney+ at the same time and alleging that doing so caused her to lose millions of dollars. Over the weekend, Disney officially attempted to move the lawsuit into arbitration, targeting Periwinkle Entertainment — the company which negotiated Johansson's contract.
"Periwinkle's two causes of action are entirely dependent on its untenable claim that Marvel breached the Periwinkle-Marvel contract by releasing Black Widow simultaneously in theaters and on Premier Access on Disney+. The contract does not mandate theatrical distribution –– let alone require that any such distribution be exclusive," read the motion for arbitration.
"After initially responding to this litigation with a misogynistic attack against Scarlett Johansson, Disney is now, predictably, trying to hide its misconduct in a confidential arbitration," Johansson's lawyer, John Berlinski, fired back in a statement provided to EW on Saturday. "Why is Disney so afraid of litigating this case in public? Because it knows that Marvel's promises to give Black Widow a typical theatrical release 'like its other films' had everything to do with guaranteeing that Disney wouldn't cannibalize box office receipts in order to boost Disney+ subscriptions. Yet that is exactly what happened — and we look forward to presenting the overwhelming evidence that proves it."

Since premiering last month, the film has earned $173.9 million domestically and $369.8 million worldwide, making it the highest grossing film at the domestic box office since the start of the pandemic.
Representatives for Disney didn't immediately respond to EW's request for comment.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Halliwell sisters on Charmed and Samantha on Bewitched were born witches. Probably not mutants, just witches. Why can't this be the case with the MCU version of Scarlet Witch?
in the MCU witchcraft/ sorcery is a skill
it must be learned
even if some possess varying talent or natural affinity, training and education is needed