US inflation highest in 40 years, with no letup in sight

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I'm reading this right, you want to separate inflation numbers with just discretionary spending items?
Nah I’m saying how can the most important items that people depend on not be included in inflation numbers? That makes no sense. Food has doubled or tripled in prices but it’s not included in inflation numbers :hmm:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Nah I’m saying how can the most important items that people depend on not be included in inflation numbers? That makes no sense. Food has doubled or tripled in prices but it’s not included in inflation numbers :hmm:
So you're hip to the fuckery? That's why we been saying real inflation was in the double digits. Folks laughed at us, but the food prices don't lie. Rents up like crazy and homes also inflated, but hey 'muh 8 percent'.

Just an example. I remember 3 years ago getting coke zero for 3.89 for a 12 pack. Now it is 6.89. Plenty more examples of fuckery as you pointed out. But hey, FED says food prices are too unstable to count in the CPLie.

Folks tried to tell people in 2020 that all that 'free' money would do this. Shit rolls down hill. Most these folks didn't make money in the inflated market during the bull run.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
The dead don't have to worry about that shit.

This is why people are stingy with their money and rightfully so..

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you're hip to the fuckery? That's why we been saying real inflation was in the double digits. Folks laughed at us, but the food prices don't lie. Rents up like crazy and homes also inflated, but hey 'muh 8 percent'.

Just an example. I remember 3 years ago getting coke zero for 3.89 for a 12 pack. Now it is 6.89. Plenty more examples of fuckery as you pointed out. But hey, FED says food prices are too unstable to count in the CPLie.

Folks tried to tell people in 2020 that all that 'free' money would do this. Shit rolls down hill. Most these folks didn't make money in the inflated market during the bull run.
Man you ain’t never lying pimp. Ground turkey use to be 3.99 per; now that shit is like 6.99 or more :smh: might as well get organic for like 8.99:hmm:shit is really ridiculous how they count those numbers. And Americans just continues to allow the fuckery…