Update: Tyler Perry and Byron Allen in talks buy BET

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I agree. Uncut is done. :sad:

CJ01ox.jpg
Uncut could be on BET+ which I hope.

Like I said, I'll support it now since it's back to being black owned.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I actually like the fact that he has shows on BET I just wish there was more variety or that he explored outside of the soap opera genre. Just happy to see black actors get more roles even if most can’t act.
This is his biggest knock...other than that major props to him :cheers:

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He needs full ownership because he's still working with CACs

That still could be an option. But that would require splitting it off from Paramount, and then renegotiating cable carriage fees, and who owns what as far as IP. Cable still is a dying business. It may not be worth it.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
That still could be an option. But that would require splitting it off from Paramount, and then renegotiating cable carriage fees, and who owns what as far as IP. Cable still is a dying business. It may not be worth it.
Yeah, it would be worth it, tyler perry is a billionaire who can get those shows in everyone homes through streaming and cable and don't need them CACs help at all. So, as long as tyler perry continues to work with them CAcs, BET isn't black owned.

Last edited:

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
How much Byron offered compared to Perry?

I don't even know how the fuck Allen got all this money to buy these networks.
It’s right in the article I tagged you to

The “Madea” creator has offered $2 billion for BET Group — whose properties include cable channels BET and VH1 along with the BET+ streaming service — to meet Paramount’s final bidding deadline last week, according to insiders.

On one hand, Perry’s lowball offer leaves the door open for another suitor, the comedian-turned-media-mogul Byron Allen, who put in a bid of roughly $2.7 billion, according to one source close to the auction.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
It’s right in the article I tagged you to

The “Madea” creator has offered $2 billion for BET Group — whose properties include cable channels BET and VH1 along with the BET+ streaming service — to meet Paramount’s final bidding deadline last week, according to insiders.

On one hand, Perry’s lowball offer leaves the door open for another suitor, the comedian-turned-media-mogul Byron Allen, who put in a bid of roughly $2.7 billion, according to one source close to the auction.
Like I said, they didn't want to sell it to Perry, like why are they bringing it up a lil more like 2 billion isn't enough..

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
If someone offers you 2 billion but someone else offers you 2.7 billion are you gonna take the lower or the higher bid?
Also, they wanted 3 billion for BET, so I guess they want to get as much as they can get. Well now I see why perry backed out. I guess Allen gets it now then.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like I said, they didn't want to sell it to Perry, like why are they bringing it up a lil more like 2 billion isn't enough..

Well even better actually because Byron Allen owns HBCU go which is a streaming app that streams all HBCU sports....He can just migrate that joint on to BET..