Update: Tyler Perry and Byron Allen in talks buy BET

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Black men have been wearing dresses long before Tyler Perry. There are gay black men all through the entertainment industry, as I said before. Tyler didn't start out as friends with Oprah. He had to get to a certain level before Oprah would give a fuck about him.
and that's why they are in the industry. no one else has taken it to the level of success as he has. the only other two were martin lawrence and jamie foxx, both very successful. And he's a good businessman and knows how to schmooze.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
and instead of black hollywood TEAMING UP with him they'd rather make fun of him and play in the white man's yard because his grass is greener...:smh::smh:
That's changing now that he has his own studio. A number of recent films have used his studios including Black Panther and some of Eddie Murphy's most recent stuff.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

It does not matter who controls the shares if a critical resource that a company needs is controlled by other people. Let say I get 50% of my revenue from selling cars in a country, I own that company. I need lithium to build my EV, I control your company if I have this resource.

We have seen this with Ebony, Jet, and other black media companies folding up. It was an issued raised by Byron Allen that many of these companies chose to pay Al Sharpton off rather than do business with these companies.

Since there is a dearth of black business, it should not make a difference.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
and that's why they are in the industry. no one else has taken it to the level of success as he has. the only other two were martin lawrence and jamie foxx, both very successful. And he's a good businessman and knows how to schmooze.
Wesley Snipes has worn dresses in a film (To Wong Foo), Ving Rhames in Holiday Heart and, of course, Flip Wilson. Miguel A. Núñez, who's Black Dominican, pretended to be a female basketball player in Juwanna Mann and the Wayans pretended to be white women in White Chicks.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
The Chinese or Indians will takeover an American company; than force them to payout by favoring them for hiring, generous wages/benefits.

Even though they don't have a controlling stake, they run the company and pay themselves through wages.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Because he built his core audience, catered to them for years and they followed him and bought into his success with their money and support.

He used the money he made to build a better infrastructure to keep his machine moving and never stopped.

Instead of asking for Hollywood for help, he continued to work and grind and made his own Hollywood.

He studied the craft and business, used what he learned and implemented it in his business practices.

He's also very creative and has a great mind for creativity. That creativity and the means to create and actually produce a product will make you very successful.
You pretty much saved me for typing all this..great post

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Hey, all jokes aside, I don’t mind this buyout from those two at least BET will be black owned again. I have mixed feelings about Tyler Perry, but I’m going to say this he has his niche and it is going to benefit him.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I guess it's a great time to watch BET again.

At least it's great to know someone black owns it now and understands black entertainment better than any CAC with money that never should've owned BET in the first place.

Last edited:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope they bring back college hill, 106&park and AFTER DARK
Well after the success and controversy surrounding the celebrity edition.... maybe maybe not

And uncut will never see tv airwaves again......maybe BET+ since it's subscription....but it's too controversial in today's times

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Chess move... Tonya Pinkins was right about T.P

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Well after the success and controversy surrounding the celebrity edition.... maybe maybe not

And uncut will never see tv airwaves again......maybe BET+ since it's subscription....but it's too controversial in today's times
If he bring those 3 back then BET will be back on the MAP!

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Mfkr women will be hella upset if Uncut comes back
I just followed BET on twitter and looking forward to watching the BET AWARDS for the first time in years since I stopped watching BET after those CACs owned the network.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

I agree. Uncut is done. :sad:

CJ01ox.jpg