UPDATE: SENTENCED 22.5 yrs! Trial of Derek Chauvin (Justice for George Floyd) Update: + 20 yrs federal!

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For all these armchair lawyers commentating on how good or bad witnesses are there is one scoring method that kills all the noise.

How do they stand up to cross ?

Any witness that is prepared is good under direct because their stories and answers are rehearsed. They now what the question will be and how they should answer.

But cross is another beast and if you stand up to that then you are a good credible witness ..period

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
All I know is this. The people will burn that place down to the ground and there will be more death, if chauvin case gets hung jury or not guilty. To ...the ...ground!

Enough is not a word anymore, its an action.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I think I heard the defense attorney came from one of those programs were cops pay into and they get representation when needed.
He definitely had his work cut out trying to defend this cop.

I need to look him up. I don't know if it's because the case it just weak and/or the prosecution team is really good, but the defense attorney is weak.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They kinda fucked up. Yesterday the defense had an expert that said he thought carbon monoxide from the tail pipe played a part in his death. The prosecution wants to bring in tests that we're taken at the hospital that will show George's carbon monoxide levels...

...but the problem is, they knew what the defense witness was gonna say and they didn't submit that carbon monoxide level shit into evidence earlier....so the judge is saying the prosecution witness is not allowed to mention carbon monoxide poisoning tests or he will declare a mistrial :smh:

So I just turned the TV on, what is the new evidence that the prosecution wants to present?

Last edited:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They kinda fucked up. Yesterday the defense had an expert that said he thought carbon monoxide from the tail pipe played a part in his death. The prosecution wants to bring in tests that we're taken at the hospital that will show George's carbon monoxide levels...

...but the problem is, they knew what the defense witness was gonna say and they didn't submit that carbon monoxide level shit into evidence earlier....so the judge is saying the prosecution witness is not allowed to mention carbon monoxide poisoning tests or he will declare a mistrial :smh:

Wait...if I hold someone under a pipe expelling CO, I'm still knowingly killing them.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But the defense just has to find enough things to let one juror think "hey, maybe Chauvin's knee wasn't what killed him". So, heart attack, tail pipe, fentanyl, heart, etc....they want any and everything except his knee on George's neck to be in the forefront of at least one juror's mind.

Wait...if I hold someone under a pipe expelling CO, I'm still knowingly killing them.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Closing arguments on a Monday is a good sign. It means that the judges confident that the verdict won't lead to widespread unrest.

Usually when a cop kills someone they save the verdict for the weekend so that there's less people in the streets when it gets announced.

I honestly thought they would postpone things till just before the memorial day weekend no matter what.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A forensic pathologist being sued by the family of a Black man killed by police is testifying for Derek Chauvin's defense

Dr. David Fowler, a forensic pathologist, testified that George Floyd's heart condition was responsible for his death. Court TV/pool cameras
  • A forensic pathologist for the defense testified George Floyd's death was due to a heart condition.
  • Dr. David Fowler's testimony sharply diverged from that of previous medical experts in the trial.
  • Fowler is being sued by the family of another Black man killed by police.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A forensic pathologist for the defense of fired Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin testified Wednesday that George Floyd's death was caused by his preexisting heart condition, use of fentanyl and meth, and carbon monoxide he inhaled from a nearby police cruiser.
"All of those combined to cause Mr. Floyd's death," Dr. David Fowler said.

The former chief medical examiner for the state of Maryland told jurors that Floyd was living with up to a 90% narrowing of his arteries before he died. He said Chauvin's kneeling on Floyd was not a significant factor in his death and that Chauvin's knee wasn't near Floyd's airway.

Chauvin is charged with murder and manslaughter. Floyd died in May 2020 after Chauvin kneeled on him for more than nine minutes while he was pinned to the ground and handcuffed.

The medical examiner in the case has called the death a homicide, but Fowler said there were so many contributing factors that he would consider the manner of death "undetermined."

Fowler's testimony differs from that of medical experts called by the prosecution. Dr. Martin Tobin, an expert pulmonologist, testified that, "a healthy person subjected to what Mr. Floyd was subjected to would have died."

Dr. Jonathan Rich, a cardiologist and one of the state's final witnesses, testified Monday that while Floyd had high blood pressure, his heart was "exceptionally strong."

Prosecution witnesses testified that Floyd died from a lack of oxygen caused by being pressed into the asphalt ground with his hands cuffed behind his back, and Chauvin's kneeling on him for more than nine minutes.

None of those witnesses mentioned carbon monoxide from the nearby patrol car as a possible contributing factor.

Fowler resigned after his role in the autopsy of another Black man killed by police

Fowler's theory on Floyd's death - which he says was caused by a sudden heart event - matches the one he gave in the 2018 death of 19-year-old Anton Black, a Black man who died after being restrained and pinned to the ground by police.

Fowler, a former professor at Johns Hopkins University, served as Maryland's chief medical examiner until he resigned in 2019. He is being sued in federal court by Black's family.

"Two years before George Floyd died after being restrained and pinned down by police, 19- year-old Anton Black ... was killed by three white law enforcement officials and a white civilian in a chillingly similar manner on Maryland's Eastern Shore," the lawsuit viewed by Insider says.

A medical examiner's report that Fowler signed said that Black's death was an accident caused by his heart issues. Fowler also named bipolar disorder as a contributing factor, according to the lawsuit.

No officer was ever charged in Black's death. In the lawsuit, Black's family accuses Fowler of covering for the police department.

Fowler and his assistant "intentionally concealed police responsibility in causing Anton Black's painful death, and instead falsely ruled, on behalf of the State of Maryland, that a Black teenager who died through asphyxiation at the hands of four white men resulted from 'natural causes,' or 'accident' thereby improperly insulating police officials from responsibility for Anton's death," the lawsuit says.

A lawyer for Fowler filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, which remains pending.

Read the original article on Insider

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
lol.... Jerry Blackwell went Forest Gump on the defense in his closing argument.... "reasonable is... as reasonable does"

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol.... Jerry Blackwell went Forest Gump on the defense in his closing argument.... "reasonable is... as reasonable does"

The state sat and let the defense make his sorry as closing misstating evidence and making shit up like he did all through the trial..

Then when Blackwell was pointing that out the defense kept looking at the judge for help and objecting

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The defense was just disgusting, his main focus was on Floyd's past drug use and put none of the blame of the 180lb man resting his full body on Floyd's neck.

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
The state sat and let the defense make his sorry as closing misstating evidence and making shit up like he did all through the trial..

Then when Blackwell was pointing that out the defense kept looking at the judge for help and objecting
That defense attorney took over as captain of the Titanic..... and he just couldn't seal the hole in the hull.... that tape.... 9min 29 sec was a hell of an iceberg to overcome.....

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
It may be me, but every time that clown defense attorney showed clips to make his case...... Floyd saying "I can't breath" begging for his life...... it was like he was shooting himself in the foot.... over and over again....

It's not just you, whenever the defense showed video, I was like how does this help the defense???

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That defense attorney took over as captain of the Titanic..... and he just couldn't seal the hole in the hull.... that tape.... 9min 29 sec was a hell of an iceberg to overcome.....

And because of that he has relied on hypothetical, smoke and mirrors and trying for technicalities.

His case doesn't get stronger if it has to be retried due to mistrial but the state's case can get stronger..

A mistrial doesn't help him it just delays the hammer

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
It may be me, but every time that clown defense attorney showed clips to make his case...... Floyd saying "I can't breath" begging for his life...... it was like he was shooting himself in the foot.... over and over again....

Yeah...I was like "how is this helping his client?"

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I"m just here waiting with my popcorn, it's gonna be a popping week most likely.

Cacs gonna cac regardless

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this is gonna be a huge let down,he will be found guilty and this will all go away til sentencing BUT in the big picture nothing will change case this white POS is a clear and obvious sacrifice cause hes so off white supremacy code no one will stand by him and get shit all them.truthfully more stuff would get done and chnaged if he is found innocent and they know this thats why hes fucked.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this is gonna be a huge let down,he will be found guilty and this will all go away til sentencing BUT in the big picture nothing will change case this white POS is a clear and obvious sacrifice cause hes so off white supremacy code no one will stand by him and get shit all them.truthfully more stuff would get done and chnaged if he is found innocent and they know this thats why hes fucked.
I hear you I want to see who on that jury is gone to be that one....our community is in a unique position rite now and we can't let up....been many
Days I done sat up and looked back at all the lying and conniving these white folks done put me thur personally ....i want blood justice ....