Ultimate Horror Film Thread

Terrifier 3 might be the one that put killing kids to the forefront

^^^^

That's the first thing I thought. We all know its happened before in horror but it was always sparingly or magical. Like possession or the tales from the crypt Christmas episode, children of the corn, etc.

Real talk? I kinda understand with Epstein buddy in charge? I don't think NOW is the time to make killing little kids cool.
 
^^^^

That's the first thing I thought. We all know its happened before in horror but it was always sparingly or magical. Like possession or the tales from the crypt Christmas episode, children of the corn, etc.

Real talk? I kinda understand with Epstein buddy in charge? I don't think NOW is the time to make killing little kids cool.
If Terrifier didn't make it cool, AFAIK it didn't start a trend in that direction, what makes you think Buddy will be any different?

I generally don't like putting restraints on film makers beyond doing stuff legitimately dangerous or destructive to the actors or environment. If I did, I'd be more worried about films like that Uwe Bill one or that other one with Jonathan Majors since they do little more than portray a particular group of people as a threat which can endanger lives.
 
If Terrifier didn't make it cool, AFAIK it didn't start a trend in that direction, what makes you think Buddy will be any different?

I generally don't like putting restraints on film makers beyond doing stuff legitimately dangerous or destructive to the actors or environment. If I did, I'd be more worried about films like that Uwe Bill one or that other one with Jonathan Majors since they do little more than portray a particular group of people as a threat which can endanger lives.

I confused...I SAID I AGREED.
 
If Terrifier didn't make it cool, AFAIK it didn't start a trend in that direction, what makes you think Buddy will be any different?

I generally don't like putting restraints on film makers beyond doing stuff legitimately dangerous or destructive to the actors or environment. If I did, I'd be more worried about films like that Uwe Bill one or that other one with Jonathan Majors since they do little more than portray a particular group of people as a threat which can endanger lives.

Agreed
 
I don't know anything about the dude in the video, any controversy surrounding him, or his opinions on other things. That said, I agree with him completely here.

It's entertainment for one. Nothing that goes on in horror is acceptable in the real world. Murder, torture, dismemberment, etc are obviously morally reprehensible. That's why these films feature acts like this. They're supposed to show that the monster is just that, a monster.

And, yes, mixing teens and kids isn't the same when it comes to films. But that's only because teens in films are often portrayed by adults whereas young kids and adolescents are portrayed by actual children. In reality, they'd both just be minors. So killing a 15-16 year old high school kid would be just as reprehensible as killing a middle or elementary school kid. So, in that sense, he's correct that killing minors is pretty common in horror.

And, of course, killing children isn't new. It has been done before such as with IT. If people found that film acceptable, then they should have no problem with Buddy.

Obviously, people are allowed to feel offended about anything they want but that doesn't mean we should take their feelings seriously.

I think portraying a 5 year old getting slaughtered vs an older actor playing a 15 year old is different.

But everything else i agree with.
 


I mean it's better than 6 months. :dunno:

Tony Todd was able to crank out a few appearances in his last days including his legendary last appearance as Bloodworth in Final Destination: Bloodlines. He can do a lot in 5 years if he wants.
 
How did I not know until now that Dwayne Wayne and Radio Raheem were in a horror film? I literally found this film by mistake on website showcasing PCs in films.
 
My son was bitching about it because it isn't like the games
I'm trying to tell him they aren't trying to remake the game into a movie. They're creating a story within the world
The early Resident Evil movies weren't like the games either from what I understand (I was never a big fan of the games). If they want the games adapted to film, they should probably watch the CGI films.
 
Candyman would slaughter all of these busters.

slowwalk-seductive.gif
 
I don't know this dude so I'm not in on why she roasted him. Is he known for liking underage girls?
He supposedly texted with a few back when he was on Twitch..he admitted to it but then redacted the tweet

Don't see how the court and NCMEC(National Center for Missing And Exploited Children) found nothing in those texts that were dubbed inappropriate :smh:
 
He supposedly texted with a few back when he was on Twitch..he admitted to it but then redacted the tweet

Don't see how the court and NCMEC(National Center for Missing And Exploited Children) found nothing in those texts that were dubbed inappropriate :smh:
Did they publish his texts? It looks bad texting minors but if there was nothing overtly sexual in them that could explain why they didn't go after him.

Anyway, thanks for giving me some info on it. That's as much as I need to know about any of this. lol
 
Back
Top