Ultimate Horror Film Thread

Interesting. You'd think if you personally identified with it, the opposite would be true and that you would picture your kids.

Personally, I don't mind any trends, even disturbing ones, but the problem is with any trend is that it usually ends up being overdone and, for the most part, not done well. People just jump on a bandwagon and stop coming up with anything original.

That is exactly my point
 
Interesting. You'd think if you personally identified with it, the opposite would be true and that you would picture your kids.

Personally, I don't mind any trends, even disturbing ones, but the problem is with any trend is that it usually ends up being overdone and, for the most part, not done well. People just jump on a bandwagon and stop coming up with anything original.

My kids didn't REALLY do those specific type shows. They kinda missed teletubbies and barney

It was more cartoons nick jr disney sesame Street yo gabba.

So I don't associate them with THIS.

Sidebar: I actually appeared on one of these type show decades ago.
 
My kids didn't REALLY do those specific type shows. They kinda missed teletubbies and barney

It was more cartoons nick jr disney sesame Street yo gabba.

So I don't associate them with THIS.

Sidebar: I actually appeared on one of these type show decades ago.
Well, those shows were definitely influenced by Sesame Street, Lamb Chop, and Mr. Roger's but Barney was so influential he sorta invented his own genre of kids show.

I'm curious to know which one you were on though and in what capacity. lol
 
Honestly, we should come up with a list of horror trends/tropes that are played out.

The first thing on my list will either be the monster-is-a-metaphor-for-trauma trope or zombie apocalypse.

I wouldn't do that cause the beauty of horror is the there is always a sinners for vampires, last of us or bone temple for zombies obsession for cursed wishes even scary movie for horror comedy and primate for creature feature.

Thats what is so dope about the genre

JUST when you think its ALL BEEN DONE?

BOOM.

even Buddy I was already thinking it was tired because of Mr Crockett and the monkey merry go round and the Marty kroft stuff. But it was GOOD.

And specifically about the monster as metaphor? There was a very good one about eating disorders recently.
 
Well, those shows were definitely influenced by Sesame Street, Lamb Chop, and Mr. Roger's but Barney was so influential he sorta invented his own genre of kids show.

I'm curious to know which one you were on though and in what capacity. lol

I knew ADULTS who watched Barney and his imitations FAITHFULLY. I swear more grown ups watched teletubbies.

Buddy captured THAT SPECIFIC TYPE OF KIDS SHOW PERFECTLY.

people in my theatre thought about gullah gullah island, pee wee and blues clues.
 
I wouldn't do that cause the beauty of horror is the there is always a sinners for vampires, last of us or bone temple for zombies obsession for cursed wishes even scary movie for horror comedy and primate for creature feature.

Thats what is so dope about the genre

JUST when you think its ALL BEEN DONE?

BOOM.

even Buddy I was already thinking it was tired because of Mr Crockett and the monkey merry go round and the Marty kroft stuff. But it was GOOD.

And specifically about the monster as metaphor? There was a very good one about eating disorders recently.
I haven't heard about that last one. A horror film about an eating disorder? Was it a body horror?

And I get your point but I would never had put vampires on the list even if Sinners hadn't come out. They're too timeless at this point. Even if there's a lot of shitty vampire horror, they're too valuable to get rid of.
 
Well, those shows were definitely influenced by Sesame Street, Lamb Chop, and Mr. Roger's but Barney was so influential he sorta invented his own genre of kids show.

I'm curious to know which one you were on though and in what capacity. lol

giphy.gif
 
I knew ADULTS who watched Barney and his imitations FAITHFULLY. I swear more grown ups watched teletubbies.

Buddy captured THAT SPECIFIC TYPE OF KIDS SHOW PERFECTLY.

people in my theatre thought about gullah gullah island, pee wee and blues clues.
Blues Clues was a cartoon IIRC, so that one is a bit different. But there was Bananas in Pajamas and Mitzy's World (or whatever it was called).
 
I haven't heard about that last one. A horror film about an eating disorder? Was it a body horror?

And I get your point but I would never had put vampires on the list even if Sinners hadn't come out. They're too timeless at this point. Even if there's a lot of shitty vampire horror, they're too valuable to get rid of.

At this point especially with ALL THIS EXISTING IP?

they are ALL TOO VALUABLE
 
It's a snobbish opinion I understand. I just don't believe some tropes have the same provenance as others.

That said, to your point, just getting rid of tropes wouldn't do the overall genre any good either. I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek about stuff that is kinda played out at the moment.
 
It's a snobbish opinion I understand. I just don't believe some tropes have the same provenance as others.

That said, to your point, just getting rid of tropes wouldn't do the overall genre any good either. I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek about stuff that is kinda played out at the moment.

You are undefeated


rQDWw0.gif
 
Interesting. You'd think if you personally identified with it, the opposite would be true and that you would picture your kids.

Personally, I don't mind any trends, even disturbing ones, but the problem is with any trend is that it usually ends up being overdone and, for the most part, not done well. People just jump on a bandwagon and stop coming up with anything original.

@therealjondoe



I hate that i am always able to predict these things happening. I KNEW they were gonna kil him. I agree with Stoney OVERALL point. And understand the last few months these internet streets have been hell on him and his family.

But that's what comes with that job.

I disagree with the horror always killing kids. Because now he is trying to mix teenagers with little kids. Stop that. He knows better. There has always been rules to this sh*t. And horror always attracted fringe weirdos too. I get the complaints. And his whole people don't blame the studio writer director etc is bullsh*t too. Trust me. Go ask anyone who has worked on those type of projects.

I digress.

He is right people can't go SEEK OUT Buddy and then complain. I didn't find it overly gratuitous. Or some time of pedophile snuff film. And trust me I do NOT endorse this type of violence against children being the NORM. In context this works and straddles the line in my opinion. And anyone OFFENDED is well within their right to feel that way. But to CONDEMN anyone who LIKES Buddy is wrong too. Its a movie.

There are MUCH MUCH WORSE.

Horror is not for the faint of heart or sensitive or morality police. Its where you let your freak flag fly.

Now does that mean you should be free of all criticism? F**k no. But you are allowed to express yourself much mire freely in this genre.

don't like it? Don't support it
 
@therealjondoe



I hate that i am always able to predict these things happening. I KNEW they were gonna kil him. I agree with Stoney OVERALL point. And understand the last few months these internet streets have been hell on him and his family.

But that's what comes with that job.

I disagree with the horror always killing kids. Because now he is trying to mix teenagers with little kids. Stop that. He knows better. There has always been rules to this sh*t. And horror always attracted fringe weirdos too. I get the complaints. And his whole people don't blame the studio writer director etc is bullsh*t too. Trust me. Go ask anyone who has worked on those type of projects.

I digress.

He is right people can't go SEEK OUT Buddy and then complain. I didn't find it overly gratuitous. Or some time of pedophile snuff film. And trust me I do NOT endorse this type of violence against children being the NORM. In context this works and straddles the line in my opinion. And anyone OFFENDED is well within their right to feel that way. But to CONDEMN anyone who LIKES Buddy is wrong too. Its a movie.

There are MUCH MUCH WORSE.

Horror is not for the faint of heart or sensitive or morality police. Its where you let your freak flag fly.

Now does that mean you should be free of all criticism? F**k no. But you are allowed to express yourself much mire freely in this genre.

don't like it? Don't support it

Terrifier 3 might be the one that put killing kids to the forefront
 
@therealjondoe



I hate that i am always able to predict these things happening. I KNEW they were gonna kil him. I agree with Stoney OVERALL point. And understand the last few months these internet streets have been hell on him and his family.

But that's what comes with that job.

I disagree with the horror always killing kids. Because now he is trying to mix teenagers with little kids. Stop that. He knows better. There has always been rules to this sh*t. And horror always attracted fringe weirdos too. I get the complaints. And his whole people don't blame the studio writer director etc is bullsh*t too. Trust me. Go ask anyone who has worked on those type of projects.

I digress.

He is right people can't go SEEK OUT Buddy and then complain. I didn't find it overly gratuitous. Or some time of pedophile snuff film. And trust me I do NOT endorse this type of violence against children being the NORM. In context this works and straddles the line in my opinion. And anyone OFFENDED is well within their right to feel that way. But to CONDEMN anyone who LIKES Buddy is wrong too. Its a movie.

There are MUCH MUCH WORSE.

Horror is not for the faint of heart or sensitive or morality police. Its where you let your freak flag fly.

Now does that mean you should be free of all criticism? F**k no. But you are allowed to express yourself much mire freely in this genre.

don't like it? Don't support it

I don't know anything about the dude in the video, any controversy surrounding him, or his opinions on other things. That said, I agree with him completely here.

It's entertainment for one. Nothing that goes on in horror is acceptable in the real world. Murder, torture, dismemberment, etc are obviously morally reprehensible. That's why these films feature acts like this. They're supposed to show that the monster is just that, a monster.

And, yes, mixing teens and kids isn't the same when it comes to films. But that's only because teens in films are often portrayed by adults whereas young kids and adolescents are portrayed by actual children. In reality, they'd both just be minors. So killing a 15-16 year old high school kid would be just as reprehensible as killing a middle or elementary school kid. So, in that sense, he's correct that killing minors is pretty common in horror.

And, of course, killing children isn't new. It has been done before such as with IT. If people found that film acceptable, then they should have no problem with Buddy.

Obviously, people are allowed to feel offended about anything they want but that doesn't mean we should take their feelings seriously.
 
Back
Top