UFC FIGHT NIGHT: LONDON - TILL vs. MASVIDAL (spoilers)

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn... :lol:
D10Whg_UkAItnag.png:large

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, but Masvidal isn't McGregor... this incident is going to cost him mad money, probably a suspension (after missing over 500 days) and most likely Edwards ends up getting the money fight in Masvidal's absence that Masvidal would've gotten. He let his ego get the best of him.
Wait... not so fast... maybe not.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Conor pushed referee Marc Goodard in Ireland in the cage a few years ago and assaulted the arena staff, nothing came of it.

I think it may be the same thing in London since there's no governing body. They look to Nevada for their rules, but Nevada has no jurisdiction in England.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Conor pushed referee Marc Goodard in Ireland in the cage a few years ago and assaulted the arena staff, nothing came of it.

I think it may be the same thing in London since there's no governing body. They look to Nevada for their rules, but Nevada has no jurisdiction in England.
Fuck... I don't know, fam... Jorge kinda fucked up Leon's face. UFC might punish him internally for the damage.:eek:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah, but Masvidal isn't McGregor... this incident is going to cost him mad money, probably a suspension (after missing over 500 days) and most likely Edwards ends up getting the money fight in Masvidal's absence that Masvidal would've gotten. He let his ego get the best of him.
Damn you're prolly right. I enjoyed watching him do that shit tho lol. Damn Jorge. Hope you still get what ya want

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Just watched the Till-Masvidal and Volkan-Reyes fights. Going to check out Leon Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson shortly.

Definitely puts Till in a tough place coming off a dominant loss to then-champion Woodley last fall, and a KO loss to Masvidal just prior to spring. He needs that in-between division at 175, in that he's too big for 170 but probably feels as though he's too small to compete with the big dawgs at 185. Big win for Masvidal - happy for him!

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Just watched the Till-Masvidal and Volkan-Reyes fights. Going to check out Leon Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson shortly.

Definitely puts Till in a tough place coming off a dominant loss to then-champion Woodley last fall, and a KO loss to Masvidal just prior to spring. He needs that in-between division at 175, in that he's too big for 170 but probably feels as though he's too small to compete with the big dawgs at 185. Big win for Masvidal - happy for him!
Tough place? Dude he’s in NO PLACE.

First of all, he won’t even be able to take a fight legally for 6 months because he got flatlined.

Second, he BARELY made weight this time again, even with a nutritionist.

Third, he ain’t gonna have anywhere near that same confidence. Getting smacked up and choked out by the champ is one thing, but what just happened to him ? Shows his striking ain’t nothing like what he thought, and he just ain’t on that level. Shit, he may have a suspect chin from here on out anyway.

What’s crazy is, before this, I was kinda under the assumption he was finishing people left and right. I only heard of him because of what he did to cowboy. But I watched some more of his fights and he had a lot more decisions than I thought.

That hype train is derailed. I truly believe he will be a shell of himself from here on out. Jorge and Woodley took that boys soul

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That hype train is derailed. I truly believe he will be a shell of himself from here on out. Jorge and Woodley took that boys soul

Well said in your reply. Yeah - quite the career trajectory change for him from recent years to the past 6 - 9 months. Still only in his mid-20s. The Chosen One & GameBred chose to steal his soul.