UFC 229 press conference: Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov (this shit is comedy)

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah no coming back from this shit lol. These two will be mortal enemies for life. Ya can't just shake hands after somebody talked about your dad, calls your manager a rat, talks shit about your political allies, shits on your whole tribe. At the root of every fight is really this stuff, but it never actually comes out. The Irish ain't even at war with Russians but he's starting some shit. The two crowds in vegas are gonna bring that soccer hooligan energy to the shit. White on white crime for realz

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I remember all these fights, I thought Barbosa was gonna win that Ferguson fight

Yeah - Edson’s the real deal. Always in exciting action fights, win or lose. Dishes out lots of damage, but also is durable and rarely gets embarassed. Only recent ones that come to mind are Khabib & Cerrone. Everyone else is in for a real battle.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah - Edson’s the real deal. Always in exciting action fights, win or lose. Dishes out lots of damage, but also is durable and rarely gets embarassed. Only recent ones that come to mind are Khabib & Cerrone. Everyone else is in for a real battle.
Watched Edaon vs Khabib again and if that's any indication on how good a shot Khabob can take, Conor is in trouble. Edaon gave Khabib a sick roundhouse in the 3rd and he walked through it. That's the same one that had Kevin Lee on queer street for a sec lol

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But that shot Michael Johnson gave him damn near finished the fight and he doesn't have the power that Conor has. Nobody is gonna stop Khabib's wrestling, but you can "recover" from a knockout blow.... Unless you just get totally knocked the fcuk out!

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was a big mistake not to have a crowd there, Conor’s performance would have been better in front of a live audience, and I don’t think Khabib would have stayed so calm.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No UFC 229 official thread yet ???
:confused::confused::confused:
I'm watching the prelims right now

Edit: Oops what the hell am I thinking
There isn't a UFC PPV on tonight :oops:

Last edited:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
It was a big mistake not to have a crowd there, Conor’s performance would have been better in front of a live audience, and I don’t think Khabib would have stayed so calm.
When this fight first got made the exposure was she thing I was most worried about for Khabib. With that not being as big a factor , his chances rise for me. This fight is such a toss up.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched Edaon vs Khabib again and if that's any indication on how good a shot Khabob can take, Conor is in trouble. Edaon gave Khabib a sick roundhouse in the 3rd and he walked through it. That's the same one that had Kevin Lee on queer street for a sec lol

Agreed. Khabib can withstand adversity before taking over & mounting top control and ground positioning, etc. If I recall correctly ... Michael Johnson had him in trouble in the 1st round of their fight at MSG back in late-2016, before Khabib asserted his offense. Michael's no joke and had Gaethje in real trouble in their fight last year before Gaethje mounted his comeback. He also KO'd Poirier a few years back early in the 1st ... before Poirier got back on track in his career and has won a number of important fights (Pettis, Alvarez & more).

As for Edson ... he's got that fight changing power (brutal kicking game). Always cool to see how dangerous he is ... even later in a fight. Like the time he caught Kevin Lee with the kick and stumbled him ... before Lee went and secured the desperation takedown and got his composure again and went on to the win.

So many good fighters in that 155 division. In general too ... so many great 135 -170'ers across the various promotions/organizations. Not as many standouts at 185, 205, etc.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
When this fight first got made the exposure was she thing I was most worried about for Khabib. With that not being as big a factor , his chances rise for me. This fight is such a toss up.

Yeah - what's great about the fight is there are so many variables at play. Khabib's so dominant with his grappling/wrestling ... Conor's got much better striking/power (for MMA) ... so it'll be cool to see how their 2 styles compare ... most agreeing that if it ends early - it's Conor (first 2 - 3 rounds). If Khabib takes control ... watch out ... he'll take Conor to deep water & drown him.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Agreed. They were definitely concerned about safety/security after the bus attack incident back in the spring ... and also the rowdiness of the crowd. The large fanbases for both fighters potentially clashing ... or things just generally getting out of hand ... like the 2nd Conor/Diaz presser with water bottles/Monster cans getting thrown and putting fans/media in a bit of jeopardy as the one camp was exiting the building and items were being thrown from a distance (overhead those in attendance).

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

This shit made me go look up the dictator of chechnya and his mma league.

This guy has kids fighting lol

Fucked up but guarantee that where the champions of the future will come from

Last edited:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
They're having another this week with the crowd. I'm actually concerned them Caucasians and Irish are gonna end up going at it.

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This fight is going to be crazy but for some reason I think Conor KOs Khabib in round 2.

Don’t get your hopes up, Khabib is going to lay and pray on Conor until he quits, I’m expecting a boring fight with a TKO or subs in the 3rd round, and 1.5 M PPV buys.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don’t get your hopes up, Khabib is going to lay and pray on Conor until he quits, I’m expecting a boring fight with a TKO or subs in the 3rd round, and 1.5 M PPV buys.

If Conor gets whooped like that, that’s pretty much the end of Conor.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/05/khabib-nurmagomedov-weight-conor-mcgregor-ufc-229/

1005-khabib-2.jpg