TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
My dad initially mentioned it was 3 episodes, but I've seen 8 episodes listed online. Haven't had a chance to see the show yet, but plan to soon.
I was maneuvering through STARZ On Demand and it says 11 episodes. I have three episodes recorded but it wouldn't pull up the third for whatever reason. It said that it originally aired on the last week of October and will air again next week, but it wouldn't play.
I have DirectTV.
:dunno: I don't know what's going on with that.

It just occurred to me that Conlith Hill (Varys from GoT) is the Chief or whatever the Garda calls them. I'm not accustomed to seeing him with hair on his head. :lol:

conlethhill2.png

varys-game-of-thrones-58bace0e5f9b58af5cb665c7.jpg

It was easy to recognize him w/o the glasses.

dublin_murders_conleth_hill_1363963.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I was maneuvering through STARZ On Demand and it says 11 episodes. I have three episodes recorded but it wouldn't pull up the third for whatever reason. It said that it originally aired on the last week of October and will air again next week, but it wouldn't play.
I have DirectTV.
:dunno: I don't know what's going on with that.

Interesting re: the varying counts on the total number of episodes. Over here on the westcoast ... we've got Telus as our provider. Pops has one of the main competitors (Shaw). Some of the other big names for cellphones and home services (TV, internet, etc) are Rogers, Bell, Teksavvy, etc.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Interesting re: the varying counts on the total number of episodes. Over here on the westcoast ... we've got Telus as our provider. Pops has one of the main competitors (Shaw). Some of the other big names for cellphones and home services (TV, internet, etc) are Rogers, Bell, Teksavvy, etc.
o_O:dunno:
Look at this Wiki. I thought it started last month on DirectTV, but look at what's listed as how it was supposedly scheduled. Even STARZOD showed the Oct. dates but I must've confused my recordings with shows on HBO, Netflix, Amazon or something.

Broadcast began on BBC One on 14 October 2019, on RTÉ One on 16 October 2019, and on Starz on 10 November 2019.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
o_O:dunno:
Look at this Wiki. I thought it started last month on DirectTV, but look at what's listed as how it was supposedly scheduled. Even STARZOD showed the Oct. dates but I must've confused my recordings with shows on HBO, Netflix, Amazon or something.

Broadcast began on BBC One on 14 October 2019, on RTÉ One on 16 October 2019, and on Starz on 10 November 2019.

Indeed - they make things interesting with assorted release dates. Similar to movies that get their early release/premiere dates at the film festivals ... and then make it to the big screen later in the year. Or The Irishman with the film festivals ... then a short-time on the big screen ... followed by Netflix next week. People have been asking - "So when's that one gonna be available?"

My dad's gf wants me to get Hustlers and Downton Abbey for her. She wants to watch The Irishman with us on a movie night, haha!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

November 26

Don’t Let Go: Detective Jack Radcliff (David Oyelowo) gets a shocking phone call from his recently murdered niece Ashley (Storm Reid). Working together across time, they race to solve her murder before it can happen. (DVD, Blu-ray release: Day & date)

Downton Abbey: Based on the award-winning television series, the movie sees the original cast return, alongside a host of newcomers, and chronicles the Crawley family one year after the conclusion of the series, as they prepare for the most important moment of their lives: an impending visit from the Royal Family. (DVD, Blu-ray release: December 17)

Hustlers: Inspired by the viral New York Magazine article, “Hustlers” follows a crew of savvy former strip club employees who band together to turn the tables on their Wall Street clients. (DVD, Blu-ray release: December 10)

Olivia: A remarkable work by one of France’s first groundbreaking female filmmakers, “Olivia” easily merits rediscovery today after being neglected for nearly 70 years. Olivia, an English teenager, arrives at a finishing school in France. The majority of the pupils in the school are divided into two camps: those that are devoted to the headmistress, Mlle Julie and those who follow Mlle Cara, an emotionally manipulative invalid who is obsessed with Mlle Julie. (DVD, Blu-ray release: Day & date)

Once Upon a Time…In Hollywood: Quentin Tarantino’s ninth film visits 1969 Los Angeles, where everything is changing, as former TV star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) make their way around an industry they hardly recognize anymore. The film features a large ensemble cast and multiple storylines in a tribute to the final moments of Hollywood’s golden age. (DVD, Blu-ray release: December 10)

Overcomer: A high-school basketball coach volunteers to coach a troubled teen in long-distance running in this inspirational family drama. (DVD, Blu-ray release: December 17)

Ready or Not: A bride’s wedding night takes a sinister turn when her eccentric new in-laws force her to take part in a terrifying game. (DVD, Blu-ray release: December 3)

To Be of Service: Documentary about veterans suffering from PTSD who are paired with a service dog to help them regain their lives. Returning home for these vets is often plagued by depression and a painful disconnect from the world they once knew. The film follows these warriors with their dogs as this deeply bonded friendship restores independence and feeling for the men and women who so courageously served our country. (DVD release: December 3)

Union: A woman disguises herself as her dead brother in order to serve in the Confederate ranks during the Civil War. Based on a real-life story. (DVD release: Day & date)

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

Broadcast[edit]

The series is intended to be released over three episodes.[16] Originally, it was first set to premiere in the Christmas 2018 time period.[12] The War of the Worlds premiered on T+E in Canada between 6 and 20 October 2019,[17] and was broadcast on TVNZ 1 in New Zealand in two parts between 13 and 20 October 2019.[18] Mammoth Screen announced in September 2019 that the series was expected to be released in the UK in late 2019;[19] the first episode had its UK premiere on 17 November 2019.[20]

ITV Studios Global Entertainment is responsible for the international distribution of The War of the Worlds miniseries.[1] It has been sold to major European countries and African territories.[21]

:(:mad::(

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Broadcast[edit]

The series is intended to be released over three episodes.[16] Originally, it was first set to premiere in the Christmas 2018 time period.[12] The War of the Worlds premiered on T+E in Canada between 6 and 20 October 2019,[17] and was broadcast on TVNZ 1 in New Zealand in two parts between 13 and 20 October 2019.[18]

Thanks for the intel re: T&E. I've seen that name / network in passing on the menu guide and/or in the On Demand section. Don't recall if we have that network ... if so, I'll check it out that way ... or stream via links.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Looked for that T&E network ^ - have to subscribe to it, and over on On Demand ... they had 3 other series in there (but not The War of the Worlds). I'll look to stream it online instead.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Started watching this last week,have to get caught up..

That show derry girls is a blast.

Thanks for the show recommendation. It sounds familiar. I believe they've recommended it from The Watch and / or The Big Picture podcasts from The Ringer network ...

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Netflix
Nailed It! Holiday!, Atlantics, Tiffany Haddish - Black Mitzvah

TV
Nailed It! Holiday!
Available now

Comedian Nicole Byer hosts a festive edition of the show where baking fails are the aim of the game, with contestants tackling treats including Scrooge-inspired cakes, a Grinch-themed creation and a donut-filled menorah. While the patisserie-themed perfection of Bake Off can feel intimidating, this is a contest that never takes the biscuit.

Film
Atlantics
Available now

Franco-Senagalese director Mati Diop made waves at Cannes with Atlantics, her debut feature film, becoming the first black woman to ever win the Grand Prix, previously scooped by the likes of the Coen brothers and Spike Lee. Set in Dakar, the Senegalese capital, this supernatural tale is a neon-bathed mystery, combining otherworldliness, migration and romance.

TV
Tiffany Haddish - Black Mitzvah
3 December

Having briskly risen to fame thanks to a breakout role in film smash Girls Trip, Tiffany Haddish has spent the past few years making a name for herself as one of the most recognisable and hysterical names in comedy, even becoming the first black woman to host US TV institution Saturday Night Live. Her first Netflix standup special centres on her Eritrean Jewish heritage, a family history Haddish only discovered in her late 20s.

Film
Marriage Story
6 December

The latest hit from indie auteur Noah Baumbach arrives on the small screen, with Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson on stellar form as a couple in the throes of divorce. From loved up to lawywered up, this is a mesmerising and often comic portrait of crisis.

TV
The Witcher
20 December

Netflix turns its hand to a Game of Thrones-style fantasy saga with this new drama based on a series of tomes written by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. Henry Cavill – best known for playing Superman in the DC cinematic universe – plays our hero, Geralt, but will the Westeros parallels extend beyond his Targaryen-worthy grey wig?

TV
You
26 December

The guiltiest of guilty pleasure thrillers returns, with Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley reprising his role as the creepy, increasingly dangerous Joe, who engineers a relationship with a woman he stalks online. While series one was accused of romanticising criminal behaviour, as the series concluded Joe was more 'wholly reprensible' than 'potential role model'.

Amazon
Marvellous Mrs Maisel, The Grand Tour

TV
Marvellous Mrs Maisel
6 December

The acclaimed dramedy about a 50s housewife-turned-standup comedian returns for a third run. Expect more empowering, Broadway-ish action, delectable vintage fashions, and some difficult choices for Rachel Brosnahan's Midge, as her star continues to rise.

TV
The Grand Tour
13 December

Ready, steady, watch: the former Top Gear crew reunite for a fourth series of high-octane adventures and the odd Clarkson rant. The series begins with a special episode that sees the trio travel a whopping 800km across Vietnam and Cambodia via boat.

BBC iPlayer
Pose, Blindboy Undestroys the World, Shrill

TV
Pose
Available now

Ryan Murphy's drag ball drama recently wrapped up its second series, with a poignant time-skip finale that resolved loose ends as well as offering up some new blood for House Evangelista founder Blanca. With a third series on the way, there's still time to catch up on its spectactular scenes.

TV
Blindboy Undestroys the World
Available now

One half of plastic bag-wearing Irish comedy hip-hoppers The Rubberbandits, Blindboy might look like a less-than-serious chap. Despite appearances, however, he skilfully delves into big societal issues in this new series, covering online woes, modern slavery, anxiety and the jobs market, via undercover, Watchdog-style stunts and bizarro humour.

TV
Shrill
15 December

The body positive comedy – based on a memoir by writer, comic and activist Lindy West – finally makes it to UK screens after Stateside acclaim. Aidy Bryant plays journalist Annie, whose weight is a source of consternation for everyone around her. What will happen when she finally stands up to the constant drip of negativity? Rising British star Lolly Adefope stars as her best mate, Fran.

TV
Gavin and Stacey
25 December

After nearly a decade off our screens, James Corden and Ruth Jones' much-loved sitcom about Gavin and Stacey's (Mathew Horne and Joanna Page) long-distance relationship returns for a seasonal one-off. Larry Lamb, Alison Steadman, Rob Brydon and more return, as well as queen of black comedy Julia Davis.

TV
The Trial of Christine Keeler
29 December

James Norton and Sophie Cookson star in this dramatisation of one of the most scandalous chapters in 20th-century British politics: the Profumo affair. With the story of 19-year-old Christine Keeler and her parallel affairs with the then-secretary of state for war, John Profumo, and a Soviet naval attaché Yevgeny Ivanov, captivating the country, this new series – which promises to delve into Keeler's psyche – could well have a similar effect.

TV
Snail and the Whale
25 December

A tender creature feature that is sure to enthrall young viewers this Christmas. Based on the children's book by Gruffalo duo Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, it's a wondrous tale of a snail who hitchhikes around the world on the tail of a humpback whale. Voice talent comes courtesy of Rob Brydon, Dame Diana Rigg, Sally Hawkins and Cariad Lloyd.

TV
A Christmas Carol
22 December

What's the Christmas period without a big book-to-screen adaptation? This year the BBC takes on Dickens's classic novel about a coldhearted miser who gets a reality check from the ghosts of Christmases past, present and future. Stephen Graham, Guy Pearce and Andy Serkis are among its stars, with Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight on writing duty.

Best of the rest
Servant, Rick and Morty, Freaks and Geeks, Truth Be Told

TV
Servant
Available now, Apple TV+

Known for preposterously twisty thrillers like Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, mastermind M Night Shyamalan exec produces this new psychological horror series about mounting tensions between a couple, their new baby and a creepy nanny. Get ready to hide behind that sofa.

TV
Rick and Morty
Available now, All4

It's the bonkers adult animation that started a fight over McDonald's Szechuan Sauce and is Kanye West's favourite show. Season four, currently airing, takes things to even stranger heights, from Elon Musk voicing a big-toothed version of himself (Elon Tusk, naturally). But it's also reliably fun, with just the right amount of poo gags not to put you off your dinner.

TV
Freaks and Geeks
Available now, All4

Freaks and Geeks ran for just 18 episodes between 1999 and 2000, but quickly went down in history as a true teen classic, and one that launched the careers of James Franco, Busy Philipps, Seth Rogen and many more besides. Now available on All4, it's the ideal hit of nostalgia for original fans and newcomers alike, swerving soapy vibes in favour of an empathetic, human portrayal of the most awkward of ages.

TV
Truth Be Told
6 December, Apple TV+

Starring Oscar-winner Octavia Spencer and Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul, with Reese Witherspoon as exec producer, this new original series from Apple's nascent streaming service tackles our obsession with true crime podcasts. Confronting the dark side of citizen justice, Spencer plays a podcaster who helped to put a father behind bars for the murder of his children – but was she wrong?

TV
Hala
6 December, Apple TV+

After premiering at Sundance in January, Hala is a coming-of-age film which features all the classic tropes of the genre, but does them exceedingly well. Examining how American and Pakistani Muslim culture come together for teenager Hala – who navigates life with both a skateboard and a headscarf – this is one of Apple TV's standout releases so far.

TV
Sticks and Stones
16 December, ITV

The latest from Mike Bartlett, the brains behind Doctor Foster, offers a new take on paranoia and bullying in the workplace. While it's set in the not-so-glamorous heights of middle management in a business in Reading, it is sure to be high on drama and unexpected intrigue.

TV
Cinderella: After Ever After
24 December, Sky One

David Walliams stars as an image-obsessed, floss-dancing, hip-hop rapping Prince Charming in Sky's festive special. With Car Share star Sian Gibson in the titular role, Cinderella: After Ever After ponders what actually happened to Cinderella after the fairytale wedding (spoiler: it wasn't all too happy).

TV
The Tiger Who Came to Tea
TBC, All4

Judith Kerr's beloved children’s classic comes to TV this Christmas in a special one-off from the team behind The Snowman. Benedict Cumberbatch and David Oyelowo lead a quality voice cast, while the memorable story follows Sophie’s meeting with an unexpected dinner guest.

TV
Danny Dyer on Pinter
TBC, Sky Arts

Danny Dyer's somewhat surprising relationship with the writer of Betrayal and The Birthday Party dates back to the turn of the millenium, when Dyer starred in three of his plays and counted him as a mentor. Now, the EastEnders and distant royal will lead a Sky documentary about the life and work of this juggernaut of British theatre.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Has anyone had a chance to check out any episodes of this new series? I listened to an interview with Spellman this morning - it sounds pretty good.

Premise - True crime podcaster Poppy Parnell is called to investigate the case of convicted killer Warren Cave, a man she incriminated ...

Truth Be Told is an American drama web television miniseries based on the novel Are You Sleeping by Kathleen Barber and produced for Apple TV+. The series was created by Nichelle Tramble Spellman, who is also set to executive produce and write for the show. The series premiered on December 6, 2019.[1] Also on December 6, the score, composed by John Paesano, will be released by Lakeshore Records.[2] New York's Paley Center plans to air episodes of the show on December 12, 2019.[3]

A featurette from the series was released on November 26, 2019.[4]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Netflix
Nailed It! Holiday!, Atlantics, Tiffany Haddish - Black Mitzvah

TV
Nailed It! Holiday!
Available now

Comedian Nicole Byer hosts a festive edition of the show where baking fails are the aim of the game, with contestants tackling treats including Scrooge-inspired cakes, a Grinch-themed creation and a donut-filled menorah. While the patisserie-themed perfection of Bake Off can feel intimidating, this is a contest that never takes the biscuit.

Film
Atlantics
Available now

Franco-Senagalese director Mati Diop made waves at Cannes with Atlantics, her debut feature film, becoming the first black woman to ever win the Grand Prix, previously scooped by the likes of the Coen brothers and Spike Lee. Set in Dakar, the Senegalese capital, this supernatural tale is a neon-bathed mystery, combining otherworldliness, migration and romance.

TV
Tiffany Haddish - Black Mitzvah
3 December

Having briskly risen to fame thanks to a breakout role in film smash Girls Trip, Tiffany Haddish has spent the past few years making a name for herself as one of the most recognisable and hysterical names in comedy, even becoming the first black woman to host US TV institution Saturday Night Live. Her first Netflix standup special centres on her Eritrean Jewish heritage, a family history Haddish only discovered in her late 20s.

Film
Marriage Story
6 December

The latest hit from indie auteur Noah Baumbach arrives on the small screen, with Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson on stellar form as a couple in the throes of divorce. From loved up to lawywered up, this is a mesmerising and often comic portrait of crisis.

TV
The Witcher
20 December

Netflix turns its hand to a Game of Thrones-style fantasy saga with this new drama based on a series of tomes written by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. Henry Cavill – best known for playing Superman in the DC cinematic universe – plays our hero, Geralt, but will the Westeros parallels extend beyond his Targaryen-worthy grey wig?

TV
You
26 December

The guiltiest of guilty pleasure thrillers returns, with Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley reprising his role as the creepy, increasingly dangerous Joe, who engineers a relationship with a woman he stalks online. While series one was accused of romanticising criminal behaviour, as the series concluded Joe was more 'wholly reprensible' than 'potential role model'.

Amazon
Marvellous Mrs Maisel, The Grand Tour

TV
Marvellous Mrs Maisel
6 December

The acclaimed dramedy about a 50s housewife-turned-standup comedian returns for a third run. Expect more empowering, Broadway-ish action, delectable vintage fashions, and some difficult choices for Rachel Brosnahan's Midge, as her star continues to rise.

TV
The Grand Tour
13 December

Ready, steady, watch: the former Top Gear crew reunite for a fourth series of high-octane adventures and the odd Clarkson rant. The series begins with a special episode that sees the trio travel a whopping 800km across Vietnam and Cambodia via boat.

BBC iPlayer
Pose, Blindboy Undestroys the World, Shrill

TV
Pose
Available now

Ryan Murphy's drag ball drama recently wrapped up its second series, with a poignant time-skip finale that resolved loose ends as well as offering up some new blood for House Evangelista founder Blanca. With a third series on the way, there's still time to catch up on its spectactular scenes.

TV
Blindboy Undestroys the World
Available now

One half of plastic bag-wearing Irish comedy hip-hoppers The Rubberbandits, Blindboy might look like a less-than-serious chap. Despite appearances, however, he skilfully delves into big societal issues in this new series, covering online woes, modern slavery, anxiety and the jobs market, via undercover, Watchdog-style stunts and bizarro humour.

TV
Shrill
15 December

The body positive comedy – based on a memoir by writer, comic and activist Lindy West – finally makes it to UK screens after Stateside acclaim. Aidy Bryant plays journalist Annie, whose weight is a source of consternation for everyone around her. What will happen when she finally stands up to the constant drip of negativity? Rising British star Lolly Adefope stars as her best mate, Fran.

TV
Gavin and Stacey
25 December

After nearly a decade off our screens, James Corden and Ruth Jones' much-loved sitcom about Gavin and Stacey's (Mathew Horne and Joanna Page) long-distance relationship returns for a seasonal one-off. Larry Lamb, Alison Steadman, Rob Brydon and more return, as well as queen of black comedy Julia Davis.

TV
The Trial of Christine Keeler
29 December

James Norton and Sophie Cookson star in this dramatisation of one of the most scandalous chapters in 20th-century British politics: the Profumo affair. With the story of 19-year-old Christine Keeler and her parallel affairs with the then-secretary of state for war, John Profumo, and a Soviet naval attaché Yevgeny Ivanov, captivating the country, this new series – which promises to delve into Keeler's psyche – could well have a similar effect.

TV
Snail and the Whale
25 December

A tender creature feature that is sure to enthrall young viewers this Christmas. Based on the children's book by Gruffalo duo Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, it's a wondrous tale of a snail who hitchhikes around the world on the tail of a humpback whale. Voice talent comes courtesy of Rob Brydon, Dame Diana Rigg, Sally Hawkins and Cariad Lloyd.

TV
A Christmas Carol
22 December

What's the Christmas period without a big book-to-screen adaptation? This year the BBC takes on Dickens's classic novel about a coldhearted miser who gets a reality check from the ghosts of Christmases past, present and future. Stephen Graham, Guy Pearce and Andy Serkis are among its stars, with Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight on writing duty.

Best of the rest
Servant, Rick and Morty, Freaks and Geeks, Truth Be Told

TV
Servant
Available now, Apple TV+

Known for preposterously twisty thrillers like Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, mastermind M Night Shyamalan exec produces this new psychological horror series about mounting tensions between a couple, their new baby and a creepy nanny. Get ready to hide behind that sofa.

TV
Rick and Morty
Available now, All4

It's the bonkers adult animation that started a fight over McDonald's Szechuan Sauce and is Kanye West's favourite show. Season four, currently airing, takes things to even stranger heights, from Elon Musk voicing a big-toothed version of himself (Elon Tusk, naturally). But it's also reliably fun, with just the right amount of poo gags not to put you off your dinner.

TV
Freaks and Geeks
Available now, All4

Freaks and Geeks ran for just 18 episodes between 1999 and 2000, but quickly went down in history as a true teen classic, and one that launched the careers of James Franco, Busy Philipps, Seth Rogen and many more besides. Now available on All4, it's the ideal hit of nostalgia for original fans and newcomers alike, swerving soapy vibes in favour of an empathetic, human portrayal of the most awkward of ages.

TV
Truth Be Told
6 December, Apple TV+

Starring Oscar-winner Octavia Spencer and Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul, with Reese Witherspoon as exec producer, this new original series from Apple's nascent streaming service tackles our obsession with true crime podcasts. Confronting the dark side of citizen justice, Spencer plays a podcaster who helped to put a father behind bars for the murder of his children – but was she wrong?

TV
Hala
6 December, Apple TV+

After premiering at Sundance in January, Hala is a coming-of-age film which features all the classic tropes of the genre, but does them exceedingly well. Examining how American and Pakistani Muslim culture come together for teenager Hala – who navigates life with both a skateboard and a headscarf – this is one of Apple TV's standout releases so far.

TV
Sticks and Stones
16 December, ITV

The latest from Mike Bartlett, the brains behind Doctor Foster, offers a new take on paranoia and bullying in the workplace. While it's set in the not-so-glamorous heights of middle management in a business in Reading, it is sure to be high on drama and unexpected intrigue.

TV
Cinderella: After Ever After
24 December, Sky One

David Walliams stars as an image-obsessed, floss-dancing, hip-hop rapping Prince Charming in Sky's festive special. With Car Share star Sian Gibson in the titular role, Cinderella: After Ever After ponders what actually happened to Cinderella after the fairytale wedding (spoiler: it wasn't all too happy).

TV
The Tiger Who Came to Tea
TBC, All4

Judith Kerr's beloved children’s classic comes to TV this Christmas in a special one-off from the team behind The Snowman. Benedict Cumberbatch and David Oyelowo lead a quality voice cast, while the memorable story follows Sophie’s meeting with an unexpected dinner guest.

TV
Danny Dyer on Pinter
TBC, Sky Arts

Danny Dyer's somewhat surprising relationship with the writer of Betrayal and The Birthday Party dates back to the turn of the millenium, when Dyer starred in three of his plays and counted him as a mentor. Now, the EastEnders and distant royal will lead a Sky documentary about the life and work of this juggernaut of British theatre.

Thanks GT.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Dublin Murders on Starz one episode in and im hooked

I've watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked too. I have the series being recorded so I can catch up now that I finished TMIHC.

We checked out the 1st episode last Thursday. We've got it in our rotation now, and gonna check out an episode or two each week. Enjoyed the acting and twist in the pilot ep'.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Has anyone had a chance to check out any episodes of this new series? I listened to an interview with Spellman this morning - it sounds pretty good.

Premise - True crime podcaster Poppy Parnell is called to investigate the case of convicted killer Warren Cave, a man she incriminated ...

Truth Be Told is an American drama web television miniseries based on the novel Are You Sleeping by Kathleen Barber and produced for Apple TV+. The series was created by Nichelle Tramble Spellman, who is also set to executive produce and write for the show. The series premiered on December 6, 2019.[1] Also on December 6, the score, composed by John Paesano, will be released by Lakeshore Records.[2] New York's Paley Center plans to air episodes of the show on December 12, 2019.[3]

A featurette from the series was released on November 26, 2019.[4]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
catching up with Goliath s2

Been meaning to check this series out. Have it in the To-See List, and friends of the family have recommended it. Billy Bob Thornton did a good job that 1st season of Fargo too (a handful of years back). One of my favorite scenes of his ... with Tom Hanks' son, Colin ...

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TV shows to get excited about in 2020

The Plot Against America
Advertisement

(HBO/Sky Atlantic) The Wire mastermind David Simon executive produces this adaptation of Philip Roth’s chilling novel, which imagines what life might have been like in the US if Franklin D Roosevelt had lost the 1940 election to the controversial aviator Charles Lindbergh. Winona Ryder plays a Jewish woman, Evelyn Finkel, with John Turturro also starring as rabbi Lionel Bengelsdorf, a man with unexpected connections to Lindbergh, thought by many to be a Nazi sympathiser.
To be confirmed

5079.jpg

SUITABLE BOY

(BBC One) The BBC’s first period drama featuring an entirely non-white cast. Based on Vikram Seth’s breeze block of a novel, A Suitable Boy ostensibly follows a family’s efforts to find a husband for their 19-year-old daughter, though it broadens out into a stark state-of-the-nation look at post-partition India. Andrew Davies adapts, Mira Nair directs, Ishaan Khatter, Tanya Maniktala and Tabu star. This is going to be big.
Summer

6000.jpg

HUNTERS

(Amazon) Riding high from his showy turn in The Irishman, Al Pacino moves to the small screen with his best work of the past 15 years. The year is 1977, a team of Nazi-hunters uncover the beginnings of a Fourth Reich in the US and set off on a bloodthirsty quest to stop them. It’s timely, outlandish and Jordan Peele is executive producing.
To be confirmed

Lovecraft Country
(HBO/Sky Atlantic) Another Jordan Peele series – although here he’s working with JJ Abrams – Lovecraft Country is a horror drama about a man travelling across Jim Crow territory to find his missing father. There are two things standing in his way: the first is the harrowing racism of white America in the 1950s. The second is monsters.
To be confirmed

5120.jpg

(BBC One/Amazon) A Turner prize-winning artist and an Oscar-winning director, Steve McQueen tries his hand at the small screen with this anthology series delving into the history of London’s West Indian community. Spanning the late 60s to the early 80s and starring Star Wars actor John Boyega and Letitia Wright (Black Panther, Avengers), the show offers a window into the triumphs and hardships of black Britons.
To be confirmed

The Eddy
(Netflix) Jack Thorne and Damian Chazelle unite for a Netflix musical drama about a jazz club in Paris. And, listen, I know. You’ve already made your mind up about this one. You’re either going to stream it the second it arrives online, or avoid it like the plague. Would it kill you to give it a try?
To be confirmed