TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
It was beautifully done. We were like Holy Shit the entire time.

Agreed. They ended the previous season's finale with plenty of WTF moments ... potential storylines for the writers to work with. That's really helpful in the writer's room.

I can't wait. Good use of flashback in the show so far.

Yes - the flashback / teaser as a reminder that the prequel's soon arriving.

I think what worked so well (speaking of prequels) for a show like Better Call Saul is that Breaking Bad was so well-received. So over the past number of years, the Saul prequel's able to take their time and give you back story on people like the main character, Gustavo, Mike, etc. How they came to be on Breaking Bad.

Whereas with 1883 ... we'll get to see some of the family & ranch's back story and origins. And with the spinoff series 6666 - sounds like the "Jimmy" character will be on that one -

From IMDB - "Founded when Comanches still ruled West Texas, no ranch in America is more steeped in the history of the West than the 6666. Still operating as it did two centuries before, and encompassing an entire county, the 6666 is where the rule of law and the laws of nature merge in a place where the most dangerous thing one does is the next thing ..."

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Patrick punk ass is out her enjoying the celebrity lifestyle. Him and Martin are some slow procrastinating mofos. I am going to have to check out Foundation. If you haven't, check out Jim Butcher Dresden Files and anything from Brandon Sanderson.

The way of kings is probably Sanderson's best book, Mistborn is one of my favs and if you want a good single read check out Elantris.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The way of kings is probably Sanderson's best book, Mistborn is one of my favs and if you want a good single read check out Elantris.

The Way of Kings is an epic fantasy novel written by American author Brandon Sanderson and the first book in The Stormlight Archive series.[2] The novel was published on August 31, 2010, by Tor Books.[3] The Way of Kings consists of one prelude, one prologue, 75 chapters, an epilogue and 9 interludes.[4] It was followed by Words of Radiance in 2014,[5][6][7] Oathbringer in 2017 and Rhythm of War in 2020. A leatherbound edition is scheduled to be released in 2021.[8]
In 2011, it won the David Gemmell Legend Award for best novel.[9] The unabridged audiobook is read by narrator team Michael Kramer and Kate Reading.

Mistborn: The Final Empire, also known simply as Mistborn or The Final Empire, is a fantasy novel written by American author Brandon Sanderson. It was published on July 17, 2006, by Tor Books and is the first novel in the Mistborn trilogy, followed by The Well of Ascension in 2007 and The Hero of Ages in 2008.

Elantris is a fantasy novel written by American fantasy and science fiction writer Brandon Sanderson. The book was published on April 21, 2005, by Tor Books and was Sanderson's first published book. The book gained generally positive reviews, and has been translated into multiple languages. Two related works, Hope of Elantris and The Emperor's Soul, have been released, and two additional novels in the series have been announced.
The story follows three main characters: Prince Raoden of Arelon, Princess Sarene of Teod, and the priest Hrathen of Fjordell. At the beginning of the story, Raoden is cursed by an ancient transformation known as the Shaod and secretly exiled to the city of Elantris just days before his betrothed, princess Sarene of Teod, arrives for their wedding. As Raoden tries to avoid gangs, keep his sanity, and unite the people of Elantris, Sarene must cope with the loss of her husband-to-be and try to save Arelon from Hrathen, a priest tasked with converting all of Arelon to the religion of Fjordell or dooming it to destruction.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mayor of Kingstown is looking like another intense and gritty hit from Taylor Sheridan. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Wheel of Time has a slow start as it fleshes out the multiple characters but then progresses into a very involving story.The only fault so far is that the CGI is a little off.

Cowboy Bebop on Netflix watched the first episode and it looks like they are truly trying to mimic the Anime series which can be a good and bad thing.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Arcane finished 1st season strong, this looks to be a multi season hit for netflix as there'll be so much lore to pull from. I'm liking this new season of Dexter so far and these 3 eps of Wheel of Time so far are alright, just doesn't have the same feel as GoT did

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Mayor of Kingstown is looking like another intense and gritty hit from Taylor Sheridan. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Wheel of Time has a slow start as it fleshes out the multiple characters but then progresses into a very involving story.The only fault so far is that the CGI is a little off.

Cowboy Bebop on Netflix watched the first episode and it looks like they are truly trying to mimic the Anime series which can be a good and bad thing.

Been wondering how much sleep Sheridan gets. Stays working.

Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown, 6666, and 1883.

Checked out the first 2 eps of Mayor of Kingstown last week, and watching the 3rd one tomorrow.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
True Story

6/10

This is a new crime drama, limited series that went up today.

The premise has been done a number of times since the 1980s, this is the first I can recall with a predominantly Black cast.

The series is somewhat tied in with Kevin Hart's actual life as a celebrity. Supporting cast does a good job in roles you are not familiar seeing them in.

This is I believe the 2nd project Kevin Hart has done with a serious role unlike his normal loud mouth comedy routine he does in other movies.

The series has a number of predictable twists if you are familiar with stories like this. There are twists and suspense to keep you interested.

There are 7 episodes. The first is about a hour, the others run about a half hour.

Synopsis

A tour stop becomes a matter of life and death for a famous comic when the fallout from a night with his brother threatens to destroy everything he's built.

FCokWsLXoAUmkYF.jpg

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hawkeye pretty good start to this new Marvel series Jeremey Renner is great as usual and Hailee Steinfeld always has this wonderful maturity and it's on full display in this.It;s very cool to see the other side of being a hero/Avenger. It's amazing how CGI has advanced over the past 9 years

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Hawkeye pretty good start to this new Marvel series Jeremey Renner is great as usual and Hailee Steinfeld always has this wonderful maturity and it's on full display in this.It;s very cool to see the other side of being a hero/Avenger. It's amazing how CGI has advanced over the past 9 years

He's doing a good job as the lead on Mayor of Kingstown too. Good role for him.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Shrink Next Door

The Shrink Next Door is a dark comedy inspired by true events that detail the bizarre relationship between psychiatrist to the stars Dr. Isaac “Ike” Herschkopf, and his longtime patient Martin “Marty” Markowitz. Over the course of their relationship, the all-too-charming Ike slowly takes over Marty’s life, even moving into Marty’s Hamptons home and taking over his family business. The series explores how a seemingly normal doctor-patient dynamic morphs into an unprecedentedly exploitative relationship filled with manipulation, power grabs and dysfunction at its finest.

a lot of big name actors been going back to tv ...:yes:

3b44fe9a14540b4be5fada5394edfc46.png

Aye just listened to the podcast. . .. Ike..... mayne that mfkr is a next level narcissist and con man. ...just wow

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Aye just listened to the podcast. . .. Ike..... mayne that mfkr is a next level narcissist and con man. ...just wow

Going to listen to the podcast in the near future. Listened to a review the other day, and a host noted the podcast is better than the series. Speaking of shows / series ... did you listen to or watch Dr. Death? Enjoyed both formats. Watched the show first, and then circled back to the podcast.

Dr. Death is an American crime drama miniseries created by Patrick Macmanus, based on the podcast of the same name, focusing on the titular Christopher Duntsch, a neurosurgeon who became infamous for permanently mutilating his patients, killing two of them. The miniseries was released on Peacock on July 15, 2021.[1]

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Just put complete season 3 Hanna in the trap 4 who needs it ...only 6 episodes so easy binge ...:yes:

5c4c1dff1d0fe3286fcd43be471728bd.jpg

Deep in the Romanian forest, Hanna and Clara can taste their freedom. Hanna persuades Clara to remove her Utrax drug-implant and to banish her past identity. Clara seems content. But when they raid a holiday cabin and Clara finds a photograph of a mother and daughter, the image stirs something deep within her: a desire to find her own biological mother. The remaining trainees are transported to The Meadows, where they are introduced to their group leaders, Leo Garner and Joanna McCoy, and assigned identities to help them assimilate into society

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Been enjoying the current reboot season of Dexter. I only caught a minimal portion of the original run of the series, but one day I'll go back and watch the series as a whole (even though the reviews were mixed as the seasons went along).

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looking forward to their eventual second season.
Me too, good show. What I'd like to know is, if people in the real world can touch the uploaded when wearing the vr glasses, like when Nora shook dude's hand and when she touched his chest, then why do they need those nasty ass sex suits to have sex?

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone that commented about the final season of Goliath were right. Im on episode 2 and im disliking certain parts of the story but i will continue watching to see what's really going down with the pharmaceutical company.

Chucky was pretty good and funny. The only bad thing was the terrible voice dubbing. I thought it was so cool that they brought back the cast from the previous films