TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
They're also paying mid 6 figures to $1mil+ per ep at a time now where it's much fewer actual Movie Stars that will bank big time money per film

Agreed. Also ... with the prestige comes the award nominations and wins (Emmys and Golden Globes), which further boosts your status / profile in the biz. Increases your bargaining power come contract time.

:thumbsup:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
“Love Life” Season 2 I didnt watch season 1 of the series because the whole young woman looking for love in the big city....been there done that.But season 2 is so accurate and realistic as it covers,the ups and downs of a guy coping with being newly single the writers must be bringing their own life experiences to the table.
Love Life

wait ...hold up ...i didnt know this shit was focused on a black dude ...thought this was a cac show ..:eek2:

CSI ...?...anybody see season 1 .....i might have to put this in the trap ...

nfeixJV.png

Bro...it shocked the shit outta me...

I remember seeing the previews for the first season with Anna kendricks and heard decent things but apparently every season follows new characters. This season features a mostly black cast.

I only realized this after reading a review in the Globe and Mail on the weekend.

wife and I just watched the first episode...seems right up our alley :yes:
s1 is good quality - bunch of unexpected twists - but skippable

halfway through s2... its great

e029dc0da40a5c6bc17d0b9e55e2e11395-jessica-williams-2.w710.jpg

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
This streaming model is gonna make these A list stars have to adjust their upfront rates without the box office back ends in a covid world

Agreed. Also ... with the prestige comes the award nominations and wins (Emmys and Golden Globes), which further boosts your status / profile in the biz. Increases your bargaining power come contract time.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Game

New players offer a modern-day examination of Black culture through the prism of pro football, while trying to keep their souls as they play The Game.

389659ec21f6cbedeed9547f57d851f9.png

:yes:

MY FAMILY IS into this show i stopped watching it years ago i guess i will have to set up this new season for them

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HF Thanks for suggesting

The Wilds on Amazon Prime
Great character setups and its cool to see Carter Hudson in something outside of the show Snowfall. The show throws a great curve ball that makes things even more interesting.

I think I'm about to give up on Invasion on Apple TV. The show is going around in circles IMO with no pay off in sight.

Still watching The Black List because I just want to see how it ends. When I watch it Ondemand I think it's pretty funny how they are still promoting Redington going head to head with Liz.Oh and those seemingly endless The More You Know clips are obnoxious!!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
HF Thanks for suggesting

The Wilds on Amazon Prime
Great character setups and its cool to see Carter Hudson in something outside of the show Snowfall. The show throws a great curve ball that makes things even more interesting.

You're welcome. I think what works well for the show is that it isn't completely over the top and silly. They could have settled for a number of improbable scenarios. A bunch of suspension of disbelief. Stuff like that. They didn't. They focused on the interactions amongst the group. The dialogue was believable amongst that age group. Let me know whatcha think when you get around to the end of the season.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Arcane eps 4-6 only gets better, can't wait for the last 3 eps this Sat. Got the flash back this week with the start of another cw dcverse crossover event. Also got Wheel of Time out this friday that i'm hyped about. Live Action Cowboy bebop i'll prolly have to put aside and wait to hear what the reviews are like. BMF season finale this week but Power Book 2 is back for s2

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Mayor Of Kingstown

they 2 eps in ...it`s on Paramount + ..so check teh trap if u need it ....... :yes:

Set in a small Michigan town where the only industry remaining are federal, state, and private prisons, the story follows the McClusky family, the power brokers between the police, criminals, inmates, prison guards and politicians, in a city completely dependent on prisons and the prisoners they contain. It is a stark and brutal look at the business of incarceration.

112414c2982f1d992c9a7b2313422ad0.png

slam

Super Moderator
Reyka

Reyka follows a flawed but brilliant criminal profiler, Reyka Gama. Haunted by her past, she investigates a string of brutal murders committed by a serial killer in the sugar cane fields of KwaZulu-Natal. Having been abducted as a child by a farmer named Speelman, Reyka is traumatised by the experience but this also helps her enter the minds of Africa’s most notorious criminals and turn them inside out.

this new studio BRITBOX making some noise ...:yes:

def putting this in the trap looks good ...

d564a786db18892c80116577b07fce70.jpg

slam

Super Moderator
The Flash season 8 started with a five episode crossover event :yes:

ec97942a4498ec2594b6e8314e4b33e5.png

Last edited:

jhold0u

Rising Star
Registered
Mayor Of Kingstown

they 2 eps in ...it`s on Paramount + ..so check teh trap if u need it ....... :yes:

Set in a small Michigan town where the only industry remaining are federal, state, and private prisons, the story follows the McClusky family, the power brokers between the police, criminals, inmates, prison guards and politicians, in a city completely dependent on prisons and the prisoners they contain. It is a stark and brutal look at the business of incarceration.

I was going to check it out but I wasn't sure it was good....thoughts?

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Mayor Of Kingstown

Thanks Slam. I am not ready to spend the bread on Paramount. Too many streaming networks out there

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
If you are not watching Hightown on Starz you are missing out.
Salty dialog, extremely unpredictable moments and great characters.
Last week's episode was brutal and outstanding!!

Hightown is an American crime drama television series that premiered on Starz on May 17, 2020.[1] The series is created by Rebecca Cutter and executive produced by Cutter, Gary Lennon, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, and KristieAnne Reed and stars Monica Raymund and James Badge Dale. In June 2020, the series was renewed for a second season which premiered on October 17, 2021.[2][3]

Jackie Quiñones (Monica Raymund) is a National Marine Fisheries Service Agent in Provincetown, Massachusetts who abuses alcohol and drugs. She finds the body of a murdered woman, which launches an investigation by Detectives Alan Saintille (Dohn Norwood) and Ray Abruzzo (James Badge Dale) into Cape Cod organized crime and the local opioid epidemic.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yellowjackets on Showtime already a haunting twist on Lord of the Flies.How these women survived almost 2 years in the remote woods and what they had to do to survive is going to be very interesting and harrowing to watch.

Listening to the following podcast at the moment. Really interesting discussion with the showrunners of Yellowjackets ... they talk about fleshing out the ideas/concept for the series, and going about pitching it later on. If interested, skip ahead to just after the 30:00 mark ...

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Back in the day I read both Wheel of Time and Foundation the same year and now both have tv series playing at the same time :dance:

Patrick Rothfuss needs to hurry and get King Killer Chronicles on screen.

slam

Super Moderator
Back in the day I read both Wheel of Time and Foundation the same year and now both have tv series playing at the same time :dance:

jus put in the trap :cheers:

The Wheel of Time

The Wheel of Time is set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists, but only women can use it safely. Meaning that in this series — women hold the keys to power. The story follows Moiraine, a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization called the ‘Aes Sedai’ as she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women. Moiraine’s interested in these five because she believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual, whom prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it. The series draws on numerous elements of European and Asian culture and philosophy, most notably the cyclical nature of time found in Buddhism and Hinduism.

ec0a6349f07035a17dc97c4e4b8e8ffc.png

slam

Super Moderator
On The Job The

TV series ...HBO Asia

On the Job is a six-part Philippine miniseries created and developed by Erik Matti for HBO Asia Originals. It was adapted from the two On the Job films: the 2013 film and its sequel The Missing 8, both of which are directed by Matti. On The Job centers around crime syndicates that temporarily release contracted prison inmates to carry out political assassinations for those in power, except that the crime syndicates are run by politicians.

for my cats who dont mind reading ...:rolleyes:

66a76e6e745a79cdd9354dcc4734dbbd.jpg

Trailer of the OG movie from 2013 ...v v v :yes:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

Patrick punk ass is out her enjoying the celebrity lifestyle. Him and Martin are some slow procrastinating mofos. I am going to have to check out Foundation. If you haven't, check out Jim Butcher Dresden Files and anything from Brandon Sanderson.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The wife and I watched the first 2 episodes of Yellowstone season 4. They ain't playing at all. If episode 1 is any indication, this season might end up being the best.

Loved how it took 13 minutes for the opening credits to come on during the premiere.

Picked up right where it left off in season 3, and then slowed down and settled into a normal pace.