TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
real spit ...thts a sexy ass cougar .... :jackoff:
True indeed.

Hannah Waddingham..looks to be a tall one too..

hannah-waddingham-at-whatsonstage-awards-2019-in-london-03-03-2019-2.jpg

640full-hannah-waddingham.jpg

Damn Rebel canned after 5 episodes..guess that means Katey Sagal will have more time to appear on The Conners

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Run The World

check the trap in a few if u dont have Starz n need it ... :yes:

Run the World is the story of a group of Black, vibrant, fiercely loyal best friends who work, live and play in Harlem as they strive for world domination. At its core, it’s an unapologetically female show about enviable friendship and not only surviving—but thriving together.

ca2afdef70dd8c5fa1904159e0b6404f.png

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
The ladies in the Run the World Cast are pretty and there is nudity, one woman's titties did come out in episode one.

Just some thoughts on Mixed-ish.

Mixed-ish had good intentions but at the same time, I felt like the writers had to walk a tightrope in not making the Black kids the villains. Mixed and light-skinned Black kids do get teased but at the same time, most clear-thinking mixed and light skinned Black understand that they have some privilege in American society and pretty much know to let it slide. So you couldn't have the kids constantly complaining to their parents about getting teased.

Also, the show was set right in the middle of the 1980s, when the majority of the Black pop figures of the time were lighter-skinned or mixed there was a lot of favor towards people who had that look. So it seemed there was only so much you could do before you start drawing controversy.

Young Rock takes a lot of things from Dwayne Johnson's childhood, that would otherwise be sad or heartbreaking and turns them into comedy without losing the message, I just didn't get that from Mixed-ish.

Last edited:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Of all of the cancellations, the only one slightly disappointing is Utopia, only because I wanted to see if they could fix the mess they made of the American version of the British hit.
Everything else that I watch that is leaving was ending, not cancelled.

Rejoicing the cancellation of American Gods. :cheers:
It was the shittiest ending for a show in a long time!
And they deserved it. Fuck 'em.
Orlando Jones is somewhere laughing his ass off. :yes:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Run The World

check the trap in a few if u dont have Starz n need it ... :yes:

Run the World is the story of a group of Black, vibrant, fiercely loyal best friends who work, live and play in Harlem as they strive for world domination. At its core, it’s an unapologetically female show about enviable friendship and not only surviving—but thriving together.

ca2afdef70dd8c5fa1904159e0b6404f.png

Girlfriends2.0..? :dunno: then again speaking of which what if Tracee Ellis Ross wants to reboot that show since Black-ish is ending

On the subject of Mixed-ish ill miss hearing that theme song(Mariah Carey)

Black Lightning - ending
The Haves and The Have Nots - ending
Iyanla: Fix My Life - ending

Mixed-ish - cancelled

If you want to count L.A.'s Finest with Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba - cancelled.
Thought Haves and The Have Nots ended a long time ago after Tika left..

As for Iyanla..looked like it was getting to the point where those she was counselling wanted to slap the shit out of her(namely DMX) :lol:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Girlfriends2.0..? :dunno: then again speaking of which what if Tracee Ellis Ross wants to reboot that show since Black-ish is ending

As for Iyanla..looked like it was getting to the point where those she was counselling wanted to slap the shit out of her(namely DMX) :lol:
The only thing I even watched from those was Black Lightning, and was getting pretty fed up with the direction. Its probably best that it ends before it wrecks itself.
Living Single + Girlfriends 2.0 is what it looks like to me too, from the trailers...maybe with a little "colorized" Sex and The City thrown in.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor

You know Tyler produces those shows with incredible speed, while other shows take forever to get another season ready, Tyler has the next season up in 6 months.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Man I may be late to this series but damn its good, action, well written fine looking women. Could use more nudity but worth bingeing.

Coworker's been watching it too in recent weeks & it's his recommendation too. He asked me what series I can recommend, and I've been mentioning ones from this thread. Told him to check out that 1st season of Fargo as well. Martin Freeman starred in that one and did the William H. Macy role justice. Told him to check the other Fargo seasons too - always a good watch.

:cheers:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Coworker's been watching it too in recent weeks & it's his recommendation too. He asked me what series I can recommend, and I've been mentioning ones from this thread. Told him to check out that 1st season of Fargo as well. Martin Freeman starred in that one and did the William H. Macy role justice. Told him to check the other Fargo seasons too - always a good watch.

:cheers:

Freeman is one of the few British actors who do a solid American accent and not use a Southern accent. For some reason the British think we all sound like we are from Alabama.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Freeman is one of the few British actors who do a solid American accent and not use a Southern accent. For some reason the British think we all sound like we are from Alabama.

That’s a good point. He does do a good job with his accents. It was fun seeing him work across from Billy Bob Thornton that season.

Been watching Mare of Easttown the past month. Kate Winslet (British) and Guy Pearce (Australian) and the show is based in Pennsylvania. Very good thus far. Pearce only has a minor role though. She is the lead.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I fuck with the unicorn too ...smh
That’s a good point. He does do a good job with his accents. It was fun seeing him work across from Billy Bob Thornton that season.

Been watching Mare of Easttown the past month. Kate Winslet (British) and Guy Pearce (Australian) and the show is based in Pennsylvania. Very good thus far. Pearce only has a minor role though. She is the lead.

CBS is moving MANY of its shows to Paramount +

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Domina follows Livia’s journey from a naïve young girl whose world crumbles in the wake of Julius Caesar’s assassination, to Rome’s most powerful and influential Empress, driven by a deep desire to avenge her father and secure power for her sons. Livia and her peers navigate their way through a brutal society by means of strategy, conspiracy, seduction and murder. This is a visceral and authentic family saga, grounded in historical accuracy and bringing to life the incredible true stories of the women who would create one of the most enduring and fascinating dynasties of all time.

I hope they make her the ruthless calculating Livia like in I Claudius. She was my favourite character by a mile.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Domina follows Livia’s journey from a naïve young girl whose world crumbles in the wake of Julius Caesar’s assassination, to Rome’s most powerful and influential Empress, driven by a deep desire to avenge her father and secure power for her sons. Livia and her peers navigate their way through a brutal society by means of strategy, conspiracy, seduction and murder. This is a visceral and authentic family saga, grounded in historical accuracy and bringing to life the incredible true stories of the women who would create one of the most enduring and fascinating dynasties of all time.

I hope they make her the ruthless calculating Livia like in I Claudius. She was my favourite character by a mile.

HBO's Rome!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished season 1 of Made for Love (HBO Max) the other day. Enjoyed the season. Not a lot happens, but it's a quick watch at 8 eps of 30 mins per. Enjoyed how it wrapped up - leaving it open to a 2nd season.

Been checking out some of the A&E documentaries on wrestling. Saw the Stone Cold one in recent weeks, and checked out the Shawn Michaels one this AM. Have the DVR set for the Ultimate Warrior one. Plenty informative. Looks like the Michaels one covered from the mid-80s to Aug. 2020 or so. Enjoyed seeing him behind the scenes with the younger talent at NXT ... and him noting (paraphrased) - "Wrestling may have almost killed me, but it's the thing that saved me ..."

nHazt3o.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Going to start checking out this series soon. Looks like an easy watch with episode running times listed at 29 - 33 minutes. Been hearing the good reviews of late. Stars Jean Smart (the mom from Fargo season 2, the current season of Mare of Easttown, etc).

Her line delivery is always fun to watch.

Hacks is an American dark comedy streaming television series created by Paul W. Downs, Lucia Aniello and Jen Statsky that premiered on May 13, 2021 on HBO Max. It stars Jean Smart, Hannah Einbinder, and Carl Clemons-Hopkins.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For those who check out TV & movie content on Tubi, the Roku Channel, and more. The Roku Channel has steadily been building up their platform ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Black Summer
Season 2 Debut June 17

A dedicated discussion thread needs to be made for this series.

Thanks for the update & that's great to hear. We really enjoyed the 1st season a few years back.

Black Summer is an American streaming television series created by Karl Schaefer and John Hyams. The first season, consisting of 8 episodes, was released on Netflix on April 11, 2019. The series is produced by The Asylum, the same production company behind Z Nation, and is written and directed primarily by Hyams, with Abram Cox writing and directing additional episodes. Jaime King stars in the lead role as Rose, a mother who is separated from her daughter during the earliest and most deadly days of a zombie apocalypse. The series garnered moderate approval from critics. Many of the filming locations are in Calgary, Alberta in Canada. In November 2019, Netflix renewed the series for an eight-episode second season.[1]

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Upshaws

87d6dc26139e00578beaaf32dc661a74.jpg

I had insomnia last night, so I binged the entire first season. It was good. Kim Fields still looks really good. Too bad she never did a topless scene. I digress.

The show was funny. Mike Epps and Wanda Sykes had good chemistry (in a Martin vs. Pam way). All of the storylines were good too. I hope they make a season 2 soon.

Last edited: