TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Childish Gambino and Rihanna’s Movie Will Premiere on YouTube During Coachella
By Milan Polk
08-childish-gambino.w330.h330.jpg

Childish Gambino. Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images for iHeartMedia

You can save yourself a plane ticket because for its ninth year, YouTube will livestream Coachella to millions of viewers. Headliners Black Pink, Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, and more will be viewable over three separate live channels. The first stream starts April 12 at 4 p.m. PT until April 14, and the second weekend from April 19 to 21. Streaming Coachella’s second weekend will be a first for YouTube.

In addition to performing, Donald Glover, under his soon-to-be-retired moniker Childish Gambino, will premiere his mysterious new film Guava Island, co-starring Rihanna,during YouTube’s Coachella stream (onetime only, according to a press release). The film has few concrete details (Rihanna starring is more than enough) besides also starring Letitia Wright and Nonso Anozie. Hiro Murai (Atlanta), Glover’s frequent collaborator, directed. It was filmed in Cuba, so you can watch the beautiful images at home, sad that you aren’t there.

News of the upcoming project broke late last September, and Glover premiered a trailer in November at his Pharos Festival in New Zealand. The trailer features Glover playing guitar and dancing, but also at another point being held hostage (will Rihanna have to save him?). So this weekend be sure to pull up YouTube, sit on the couch, and sip some guava juice.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Atlanta Season 3 Isn’t Here Yet, But FX Is Ordering Season 4
By Jordan Crucchiola@jorcru
06-atlanta.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: FX

Even though season three of Atlantahasn’t even started filming yet, FX is getting proactive and ordering a fourth season of the acclaimed hit series. “Robbin’ Season,” the proper name for season two, aired in 2018 and landed atop many best-of lists — including Vulture’s, obviously. Donald Glover, Stephen Glover, director Hiro Murai, and the rest of the producers have been able to take their time making the show, and FX says production for both of Atlanta’s forthcoming seasons will begin next spring. May you all be haunted by the specter of Teddy Perkins until the show’s return.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/atlanta-season-3-release-date-trailet-plot-donald-glover-2389845

What’s the release date for ‘Atlanta’ season 3?
Originally billed as ‘2019’, FX have now revealed that season 3 will not be released this year. This means that the show will not return in time for the 2019 Emmy Awards. FX executives John Landgraf and John Solberg confirmed the delay, with Landgraf telling the Television Critics Association:
“I don’t know whether we’ll have ‘Atlanta’ or not. The writers are back working right now, thank God.” Solberg added that whenever “Atlanta” does return “it won’t be for this Emmy cycle.”

With news that writing for the third season is officially underway, it initially looked like a 2020 release was most likely. But production was recently confirmed on seasons three and four starting in Spring 2020, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The lengthy gap between season 1 and 2 was thought to be related to Donald Glover’s Han Solo filming commitments. That said, the renaissance man is showing no sign of slowing down, with a new Childish Gambino album, world tour and Lion King movie in the works.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/atlanta-season-3-release-date-trailet-plot-donald-glover-2389845

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One of ya'll said he's gay in real life, it kinda shows itself in this video. :itsawrap:

He hasn't publicly identified as gay....and he does have a wife (yeah, I know).....

He will however be the MCU's first openly gay hero

Following the critical and commercial success of Black Panther and Captain Marvel, which proved that there is an audience out there hungry for superhero movies featuring diverse characters, Marvel Studios have promised that Phase Four of the MCU will also include LGBTQ+ representation, starting with next year's Eternals.

While a number of the rumors seemed to point towards Richard Madden being Marvel's first openly gay superhero after he was cast in the leading role of Ikaris, footage from the movie which was screened at CCXP 2019 this week seemingly just revealed that another core member of the Eternals will be in a same-sex relationship.

Phastos, played by Brian Tyree Henry (Widows, Atlanta) is shown in the trailer "holding hands with a male partner, with the pair accompanied by two kids," according to We Got This Covered. This certainly lines up with previous statements made by Marvel President Kevin Feige. "He’s married, he’s got a family, and that is just part of who he is," Feige told Good Morning America in August

Simply_Black

International
International Member
One of ya'll said he's gay in real life, it kinda shows itself in this video. :itsawrap:

I must admit this interview took me by surprise. It's a total different personality to his Atlanta character.

Yeah, I know that actor are acting and I should expect him to be the same as his character but hey, that was a bit extreme. :lol:

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I must admit this interview took me by surprise. It's a total different personality to his Atlanta character.

Yeah, I know that actor are acting and I should expect him to be the same as his character but hey, that was a bit extreme. :lol:
My thoughts exactly!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Donald Glover Presents Is Back, Now As Childish Gambino’s 3.15.20
By Chris Murphy
Photo: Burak Cingi/Redferns/Getty Images
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Childish Gambino has emerged with an album that might sound a wee bit familiar. On March 15, the enigmatic Donald Glover released a new album entitled Donald Glover Presents, which streamed for approximately ten hours before mysteriously disappearing from the internet. Now, a week later, that very album is available on all major streaming platforms with the new title “3.15.20,” an homage to the day the album briefly hit the internet. Life comes at you fast, huh?
While the music hasn’t changed from Donald Glover Presents to 3.15.20, there are a few noticeable differences between the two albums. Unlike Donald Glover Presents, 3.15.20 is attributed to Glover’s musical alter ego, Childish Gambino, and not Glover himself. The original album had song titles like “Don’t Worry About Tomorrow (The Violence),” while the majority of songs on the new album have numbers as titles, such as“19.10” and “42.26.” Also, while the original album artwork depicted a large crowd gathering outside, the new album artwork is simply a blank white page, perhaps in an attempt to encourage social distancing.
Thankfully, Ariana Grande, 21 Savage, and Glover’s adorable son are still featured on the album. If you’re a purist and miss the old version, though, the original, continuous single-track stream is available on DonaldGloverPresents.com. But given Glover’s track record, don’t expect it to be there for much longer.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Donald Glover’s Atlanta Is Coming Back in 2021
By Zoe Haylock@zoe_alliyah

7a470709faee3b2ff4965bf41e2f6285e3-09-atlanta.rsquare.w330.jpg

Simba??? Photo: Curtis Baker/FX “

Update, December 10: Paperboy-hive assemble. The long-awaited 3rd and 4th seasons of Donald Glover’s critically acclaimed series Atlanta, are returning to FX in 2021. The news was announced at Disney’s Investor Day, where it was revealed that Atlanta will be available to stream on Disney+. “Starting off, new seasons of Atlanta, American Horror Story, Dave, What We Do in the Shadows, Mayans, Better Things, Snowfall, and Archer are all coming to @FXNetworks,” tweeted Disney. Glover may potentially have his hands full, as Disney announced that they’re also making a Mandalorian spin-off about his Star Wars character Lando Calrissian with Dear White People director Justin Simien, although Glover’s involvement in that series is still unknown. Whether or not Glover reappears as Lando in 2021, we know he’ll be back on FX next year trying to manage his cousins burgeoning rap career and also sometimes scaring the bejeesus out of us as an eccentric one-off character with a taste for ostrich eggs.

January 9, 2020: Atlanta is (finally) coming back. Finished vacationing in the Pride Lands as Simba in The Lion King, Donald Glover is on his way back to the ATL. It just might take a while. According to Variety, John Landgraf, the chairman of FX Networks and FX Productions, confirmed that after some delays Atlanta will be returning for two installments … in 2021. Even though 2021 sounds like a fake year from a sci-fi novel, it’s coming up and coming with a new Atlanta. Seasons three and four will function like “part one and two” of a new chapter in the show’s life, according to Landgraf. The first ten episodes will come out in January 2021 and the next batch of eight episodes will be out in the fall of that year. The episodes are being shot in sequence both in Atlanta and outside of the country. Season two of Atlanta (“Robbin’ Season!”) made waves back in 2018, earning 16 Emmy nominations, and bringing the mysterious Teddy Perkins to life. Since then, Donald Glover has been busy being a multi-hyphenate. He starred in the Disney live-action (or animated, if you’re an awards show category) film The Lion King and released his own feature, Guava Island, co-starring Rihanna. He also pivoted to his musician alter ego, Childish Gambino, for the alleged last time. And he won four Grammys. With his track record, whatever Glover cooks up for Atlanta seasons three and four just might be worth the wait.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
phoebe-waller-bridge-donald-glover-mrs-mr-smith-brad-pitt-angelina-jolie.jpg

Donald Glover, Phoebe Waller-Bridge to star in ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’ remake
By Nadine DeNinno
February 12, 2021 | 7:52pm | Updated

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Donald Glover are set to star in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," a remake of the 2005 movie starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.Getty Images; Everett

Say hello to the new assassin couple.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Donald Glover are set to star in a remake of “Mr. and Mrs. Smith,” the 2005 movie starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
The project with New Regency and Amazon Studios with collaboration from writer Francesca Sloane will hit Amazon Prime Video in 2022, according to Glover.

The project was announced on Instagram — in pandemic fashion, quite literally. Waller-Bridge, 35, wore pajamas to film herself striking a pose in a doorway — the same leg lift Jolie, 45, did for the film’s movie poster and promotional materials. Glover, 37, filmed a bit of himself flossing — the dance, not the dental routine — to celebrate.

The videos, which originated in Glover’s Instagram Stories, were also reposted by Jennifer Salke, the head of Amazon Studios.
“Mr + Mrs Smith. Donald Glover x Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Co-created with Francesca Sloane. New Regency + Amazon Studios,” Glover wrote. “Amazon Prime Video 2022.”

This marks the second time Glover, whose musical stage name is Childish Gambino, and Waller-Bridge will star in a film together. The duo previously co-starred in 2018’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” with Glover as a young Lando Calrissian and Waller-Bridge as the voice of L3-37.

“Mr. and Mrs. Smith” starring Jolie and Pitt, which saw the real-life couple, who met and fell in love on set, as secret assassins from competing agencies unknowingly out to get one another, was a box office smash making nearly $500 million worldwide. Pitt and Jolie filed for divorce in 2016.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

By Nadine DeNinno

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Donald Glover are set to star in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," a remake of the 2005 movie starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.Getty Images; Everett

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Donald Glover are set to star in a remake of “Mr. and Mrs. Smith,” the 2005 movie starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
The project with New Regency and Amazon Studios with collaboration from writer Francesca Sloane will hit Amazon Prime Video in 2022, according to Glover.

The project was announced on Instagram — in pandemic fashion, quite literally. Waller-Bridge, 35, wore pajamas to film herself striking a pose in a doorway — the same leg lift Jolie, 45, did for the film’s movie poster and promotional materials. Glover, 37, filmed a bit of himself flossing — the dance, not the dental routine — to celebrate.

The videos, which originated in Glover’s Instagram Stories, were also reposted by Jennifer Salke, the head of Amazon Studios.
“Mr + Mrs Smith. Donald Glover x Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Co-created with Francesca Sloane. New Regency + Amazon Studios,” Glover wrote. “Amazon Prime Video 2022.”

This marks the second time Glover, whose musical stage name is Childish Gambino, and Waller-Bridge will star in a film together. The duo previously co-starred in 2018’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” with Glover as a young Lando Calrissian and Waller-Bridge as the voice of L3-37.

“Mr. and Mrs. Smith” starring Jolie and Pitt, which saw the real-life couple, who met and fell in love on set, as secret assassins from competing agencies unknowingly out to get one another, was a box office smash making nearly $500 million worldwide. Pitt and Jolie filed for divorce in 2016.

This is where we are with movies? Making remakes of a movie that isn't old enough to vote? Just make an add on like Ocean's 8.

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm so happy I created my own streaming platform and producing my own original movies, TV shows and docs. These remakes are a waste of good money that could go to a new idea or upcoming filmmaker with great ideas. Smh

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

By Nadine DeNinno

Ehh... imma support DG..

But this is weak..

They couldn't find anyone else to co-star with? I just can't buy her being sultry and sexy like Jolie was

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She doesn't have the sex appeal....

There was just something about Angelina back then......

Waller-Bridge, doesn't have "that." You can't teach or act "that." You have it or you don't.

I hear you

she had that dirty sex appeal to me on that show,

once she embraced Zod I think she ensnared me,

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
She doesn't have the sex appeal....

There was just something about Angelina back then......

Waller-Bridge, doesn't have "that." You can't teach or act "that." You have it or you don't.

She caught me too.
She had a different kind of sexiness (for lack of a bettrer word).
We viewers knew her mental state and saw scenes where her inside freak was ready to come out.
DG sees her on a creative/writing level and his weird ass will somehow make it work with her.
You can see the difference in her writing greatness in "Killing Eve".
After she left the show the characters changed in those seasons.

I hear you
she had that dirty sex appeal to me on that show,
once she embraced Zod I think she ensnared me,

I had to rewind so many times to get the dialogue; she talks so fast with the accent.
Lots of times I didn't understand her. It's like I watched it twice already!

This is kinda funny~

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Donald Glover shares photo marking start of production (finally!) on Atlanta season 3

By Tyler Aquilina
April 02, 2021 at 08:49 PM EDT

Start getting ready to head back to Atlanta.

The FX comedy series appears to finally be starting up production on its long-delayed third season, as creator and star Donald Glover revealed in a photo posted to Instagram on Friday. "'Day 0' S3 ATL," the former Community star wrote, alongside a photo taken with his costars Brian Tyree Henry, LaKeith Stanfield, and Zazie Beetz.

Season 3 of Atlanta has been a long time coming (the season 2 finale aired almost three years ago, in May 2018), held up first by Glover's busy schedule and then by the COVID-19 pandemic, which forced FX to push back a planned January 2021 premiere date.

Despite the delays, reports that the new season will film in Europe indicate it will pick up right where season 2 left off, with Earn (Glover), Alfred (Henry), and Darius (Stanfield) bound for a European tour with with rising rapper Clark County.

Additionally, fans have a lot of Atlanta to look forward to: FX has already greenlit a fourth season, which is planned to be shot concurrently with the third.

No new premiere date for season 3 has been set.