time for fakers season predictions...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
i invite all the no-knowledge phonies, b.s. fakes, box-score reading frauds, and 'nba live IS real' DUMB ASSES to GET EXPOSED NOW. so where you at now BLUE DEVILS, JAE HENCHMAN, and all you other tobe jocking dickriders?

back up your pathetic claims of so-called 'basketball knowledge' here, right now, and we'll see what stands up at the end of the season... even after you're proven wrong (again), i know you'll make excuses, but at least i'll have a record of your b.s. to call you out...

OF COURSE, all the respectable gentlemen who frequent the sports board are welcome to contribute to this thread as they wish...

i'll start...

the fakers nose-dived into the pacific division cellar and their worst regular season record in decades courtesy of tobe bryant... the fakers will definitely improve their record over last year... had childish tobe not BETRAYED his teammates and SHAMED his organization by tanking the end of last season, the fakers probably should have finished closer to .500

so, with that in mind, AND given that the fakers ENJOY being in the league's WEAKEST and LEAST COMPETITIVE division (proof below):

phoenix suns (no amare for 4 months, roster gutted, only steve nash and shawn marion return)
clippers
warriors
kings

i am predicting now that the fakers will finish with slightly more than 50 wins this season... closer to 50 than 60...

the Ws will be the result of coach jackson resuming control of the fakers, and re-instituting the triangle offense, catering to the TANTRUMS thrown last year by tobe bryant, which resulted in coach tomjanovich resigning... the TRUTH, of course, was that PRIMADONNA DUNCE tobe was plainly TOO STUPID to understand the new offense that coach tomjanovich designed especially for him... :smh:

the triangle is a MUCH simpler offense to follow, and is a security blanket for the INFANTILE tobe, who bristled at the thought of having to learn a NEW offense... although coach winter has described the triangle offense as 'junior high school offense', MOST FAKERS FANS are completely BAFFLED on how it operates :lol:

tobe's FGA, FGM, FTA, FTM, FG% should rise, mainly off of transition opportunities sparked by the fakers' new defensive philosophy... with younger, quicker players, the fakers are purportedly going to pressure the ball more...

tobe will lead the fakers in FGA, scoring, and possibly steals, as he will benefit from the loose balls his teammates will produce... tobe has historically padded his defensive stats by picking up loose balls off of OTHER FAKERS' TEAMMATE's blocked shots and deflected passes... true, tobe can productively cheat off his man to troll passing lanes, but his main source of production on D is scavenging for loose balls generated by his teammates' solid D...

finally, overall, the fakers should be able to win the pacific division... AGAIN, they are in EASILY the weakest division in the league, and with amare out almost half the season in phoenix, the only other team that may contest the fakers for the division lead are the kings...

barring injury or roster shaking personnel changes throughout the conference, i further predict that the fakers will have to fight for the western conference's 4th best record, behind san antonio, houston (who NEVER should've signed derek anderson), seattle or even denver, but not necessarily in that order...

phoenix, sacramento, and possibly the timberwolves (who NEVER should've signed marko jaric) make the playoffs in the lower seeds...

best of luck to coach mcmillan of the blazers, whose team is sorely lacking consistent scoring potential...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
mike_mac said:
Such eloquence
rolleyes.gif

I would basically agree with that assessment Cran.
But I got a feeling DENVER is gonna be markedly
improved. In fact, I think they will VIE (I didn't say
win) for the #1 seed in the west. Especially if Tim
Duncan isn't back 100%. I believe George Karl will
do well being that the expectations for this franchise
are never too high anyway. He woun't fall on his face
until they start predicting titles for the Nuggets

Amazing how the Western Conference went from
best to worst so quickly. But damned if you aren't
right about the quality of each team going down....

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
mike_mac said:

coward.

noticed you weren't MAN enough (or is it knowledgeable enough?) to leave a prediction...

BTW, is shaquille o'neal a hater too?

Miami guard Dwyane Wade already is on the cover of a video game box, so maybe he already has achieved the heights of NBA success. But Wade likely wants to keep improving, as long as he can do it within the Heat's structure and goals. That pleases his big buddy. "Some guys let greatness come to them, and some guys talk themselves into thinking they're great," Shaquille O'Neal said, in a thinly veiled reference to Kobe Bryant. " 'Flash' isn't really like that. He's going to get his, and he's going to keep everybody involved. That's the true definition of a great player, not taking 40 shots to get 20 points, not doing highlight stuff." ...

:lol:

chump.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cranrab... wasup mane?

cranrab said:
so, with that in mind, AND given that the fakers ENJOY being in the league's WEAKEST and LEAST COMPETITIVE division (proof below):

phoenix suns (no amare for 4 months, roster gutted, only steve nash and shawn marion return)
clippers
warriors
kings

i am predicting now that the fakers will finish with slightly more than 50 wins this season... closer to 50 than 60...

Now Cmon man... Although I hate to say it.. the least competive division IMO has to be the Southeast. There is no way that division has more than 2 playoff teams and Miami will have a cake walk to the division title. I dont even think the fakers will get to 50 but they should finish around 47-35... i do agree they'll make it to the playoffs.

cranrab said:
barring injury or roster shaking personnel changes throughout the conference, i further predict that the fakers will have to fight for the western conference's 4th best record, behind san antonio, houston (who NEVER should've signed derek anderson), seattle or even denver, but not necessarily in that order...

phoenix, sacramento, and possibly the timberwolves (who NEVER should've signed marko jaric) make the playoffs in the lower seeds...

best of luck to coach mcmillan of the blazers, whose team is sorely lacking consistent scoring potential...

The Lakers 4th best? thats an interesting scenario... although the West has gotten weaker this year. No way Seattle of PHX repeats last year's performances though. I totally agree about the signing of Marco Jaric. He's a bum and I dont know what McHale was thinking. Why dont you like the Derek Anderson signing in Houston.

We'll be alright up in Portland.. Coach Nate will make sure of it. But the team needs Darius Miles to STEP UP and be the offensive threat he was supposed to be out of highschool.

I'm more interested to see why everyone is hopping on the Golden State bandwagon. No way they make the playoffs. Also why does Isiah Thomas continue to make the dumbest signings and trades in professional sports history? :smh:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
xfactor said:
Now Cmon man... Although I hate to say it.. the least competive division IMO has to be the Southeast. There is no way that division has more than 2 playoff teams and Miami will have a cake walk to the division title.

we'll have to wait and see how things play out... i don't see the SE as being weak, rather i see the SE as completely lacking size (shaquille o'neal exluded)... ALL the squads (except miami) are OVERloaded in the backcourt and SF positions, but nobody has size...

xfactor said:
The Lakers 4th best? thats an interesting scenario... although the West has gotten weaker this year. No way Seattle of PHX repeats last year's performances though. I totally agree about the signing of Marco Jaric. He's a bum and I dont know what McHale was thinking.:

i'm comfortable with saying the fakers will finish 5th, but since the fakers have the luxury of padding their season schedule with 16 of their games this season against the clippers, warriors, suns and kings, i'd say they have a decent shot @ taking 4th...

coach jackson has added plenty of size to the roster to absorb PFs on dribble penetration since tobe has never been able to guard even his own shadow... you know they have chris mihm, corie blount, and kwame brown, right?

xfactor said:
Why dont you like the Derek Anderson signing in Houston.

because, simply put, DA is a tobe-clone... DA (like tobe) has not mentally matured for pro-level basketball... DA is 1 of many players who haven't learned (and probably won't) that scoring the goal isn't always the right thing to do... all he's learned (and been rewarded for) is that he knows how to score; unfortunately, knowing how to score is not the same as knowing when to score or knowing who should score...

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
They wont be as good as the cavs thats for sure.

They might, might, get the 8th seed in the playoffs.

Cavs will be tough, got a legit second scorer and good role players.

Lebron will be a year improved and thats scary.

fuck the lakers, they are old news. Time for lebron to just flat out own the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
gene cisco said:
They wont be as good as the cavs thats for sure.

They might, might, get the 8th seed in the playoffs.

i SINCERELY hope you're right GC. i also hope i'm wrong.

unfortunately, the fakers play in the Worst Conference, so playoff berths are going to be handed out to scrub squads too...

take a look at these squads:

eurotah jazz
clippers
suns
warriors
dallas
hornets
grizzlies

when you combine that with the fact that you have 'bubble' teams like the timberwolves, blazers and kings, you've already accounted for 10 out of the 15 teams in the W(eak)est Conference...

i figured a healthy squad helmed by coach jackson should easily place in the remaining top 5, and hence, my prediction of the fakers finishing 4th (although comfortably taking 5th is possible too)...

the blazers and kings should be interesting to watch, because they both seem top heavy in the front court...

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
I'm a Lakers fan (as well as a Kobe fan), but judging by the way you've decided to start this thread, I would be wasting my time arguing with you about just how talented Kobe is, or how he and Shaq made such a great team (no doubt most would attribute their success to Shaq).

Instead, I'll simply say that while I'm hoping that they make it to the playoffs, I would be delighted if they managed to make it past the first round. Granted, this is a totally new team, with new players and what not, so we'll see.

On another note, I expect Miami to take the title this year. I think that they should have, and WOULD have won last year, had their best player not gotten hurt (D. Wade). Alas, we'll see what becomes of that team this year. However, I'm still going for the Lakers.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Havoc said:
I'm a Lakers fan (as well as a Kobe fan), but judging by the way you've decided to start this thread, I would be wasting my time arguing with you about just how talented Kobe is, or how he and Shaq made such a great team (no doubt most would attribute their success to Shaq).

H,

you're correct, there's no need to waste time arguing the talent (or lack thereof) level of tobe; that's not the subject of this thread...

but once again, you prove how typically hyper-sensitive and irrational most fakers fans tend to be... i suppose your comment regarding how i started this thread is supposed to suggest that i possess some sort of negative slant against the fakers and/or tobe, right?

well, LAST I CHECKED, i'm the only person in this thread who predicted a 50+ W season for the fakers. :eek: WOW, WHAT A HORRIBLE, NEGATIVELY BIASED OPINION I HAVE... :lol:

LAST I CHECKED, i'm the only person in this thread who has predicted that the fakers would WIN the Pussific division... :eek: BUT, CRANRAB HAS SOMETHING PERSONAL AGAINST TOBE... :lol:

and, LAST I CHECKED, i'm the only person in this thread who has predicted that the fakers could finish as high as 4th in the playoff race... :eek: BUT, CRANRAB CAN'T BE OBJECTIVE DISCUSSING THE FAKERS :lol:

the purpose of starting this thread was two-fold... i wanted to give all the pretenders a chance to put down their pre-season predictions IN WRITING, so they could be held accountable (and, if necessary, given credit) for them later... but more importantly, i wanted their predictions to demonstrate some sort of fundamental knowledge of basketball...

but i guess that's asking for WAY too much...

enjoy the season...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
BTW, havoc, on a tangent...

what do you figure the fakers' starting 5 will be?

and, when the fakers make the playoffs this season, are you going to LYAO (like i will) at all the excuse making fakers fans who blamed last year's lack of success on the squad being a 'bunch of scrubs'?

i'd bet those same scapegoating fakers fans don't know that NINE (yes, 9) of those SAME 'bunch of scrubs' ARE STILL ON THIS YEAR'S SQUAD... only briant grant (phoenix), vlade divac (retired), caron butler (wizards) and chucky atkins (wizards) left...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Starting 5?? Hmmm. I'm wondering if Phil has a few Zen tricks

up his sleeve to try on Kwame Brown. If he's starting at PF and
Chris Mihm is at center. Kobe at the "2" and Odom at the "3"
I have no idea who the PG is, but those four got MEGA talent
and are all still young, so Phil is gonna have fun with that lineup

On another note, the Nets are looking very nice, I still think we
messed up letting Kenyon go, but if VC stays healthy, we should
make some noise. At any rate, NY will be a fun place for hoops
this year with both squads looking like they wanna do some
damage. Of course, it won't matter come playoff time since we
still have no hammer in the middle on either team, but we will
be fun to watch nonetheless and will be competitive

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
Crancrab, looking back on the other posts, it appears as though you were the only one that made a prediction as to what the Lakers' record would be. That's ok, though.

I don't see how they can possibly be expected to do anything in the playoffs this year (or even next), especially considering the fact that they have new players in important positions, running a different type of offense/defense.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Lol @ Mia

sigh...

the day before season tip off, and AS EXPECTED, NOT A SINGLE ONE of the supposedly knowledgeable FANS i challenged had the 'nads to make a PRE-season prediction on the fakers' regular season record, playoff seeding (if any), or EVEN the STARTING 5...

:smh: JUST LIKE I THOUGHT, not even any $ involved, and too scared to make a simple prediction...

:smh: HOW TYPICAL that they don't even have the integrity to make a prediction and stand behind it...

:lol:

cupcake ass bitches, don't let my name come out your mouth this WHOLE season, 'cause you didn't even have the courage to put your predictions out here IN WRITING for everyone to see...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Though I know you aren't referring to me, and I never put a
number on the exact amount of wins of any team, I would
say that the Lakers will probably win 50 games this season.....
At least. So my official number will be 50.

I liked what I saw of them against Sac. Very cohesive, even
Kobe was throwing up less bricks than usual. "Snapper"
Jones made a comment that I am inclined to agree with:

"Kobe will take less shots and score more points this season"

As for their seed in the west, I can't call that one. I see Denver
taking a big step forward in the conference. I believe they will
be a third seed or higher. I think Minnesota will be improved.
Addition by subtraction. Losing Sudden Sam and Spree will bring
the fire back to KG's heart and he will lift the team....

Everybody and their mother is picking the Spurs. I hate going
the route that everyone goes. SA will NOT be the #1 seed, but
I can't tell you who it will be.....Denver maybe??

Even though the Spurs won't be the top seed out west, they
will be the best playoff squad. Duncan will be off vacation and
cats like Finley and Van Exel will play their hearts out for Pop

Spurs out of west

Miami and Indiana will fight it out in the east. Indy's chances
depends on whether Artest can focus on basketball and let
real rappers rap. Stay out of the stands, and stop trying to
be a bully and just play ball. I don't think Detroit's day as top
seed are over. LB is in NY now. But they are still a tough out
third seed for Detroit, second for Indy and first for the Heat

NY will be a .500 plus club. The Nets are looking at 50 wins
Basically the same boat as the Lakers. Watch out for Orlando
and Atlanta. They won't make the playoffs, but they will be
fun to watch. Milwaukee is going backward. Mason for Noguts??
Bad move. And Magloire is just short of a bum himself. He's one
of those guys that will not perform if the team is doing poorly
And they just might. He sure won't carry anybody. Hope TJ Ford
is healed, because leadership will probably fall on him and Redd

Anyway, those are my picks for the season.....NBA champs????
Miami Heat

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
fakers v. nuggets

fakers have horrible baseline defense...

the fakers euro backup PG doesn't deserve a jersey...

the nuggets buckner (#7) doesn't deserve a jersey either...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
afterthoughts

nuggets are suffering from dual identity crisis...

their personnel don't lend to a single unified strategy (good or bad?)

they should EITHER focus on this lineup:

earl boykins
kenyon martin
marcus camby

and try to fill the holes at the 2 and 3

OR work with this lineup

andre miller
voshon lenard
carmelo anthony
nene hilario (out for season)

and fill the hole at 5

but a mixture of those 2 squads looks shaky

coach jackson shook up the fakers' starting lineup after being disgusted with chris mihm getting backdoored all night long by marcus camby and others...

this was tonight's starting squad:

smush parker (this young man is the reason the fakers won the opener: over 50% FG, and ZERO to's)
tobe (who is hyped for the win, but missed 15 FGA and 6 to's)
devean george (who is HUGELY underrated, IMO)
lamar odom
kwame brown

GLAD to see devean george in the starting lineup...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I've always felt that Denver should've been more of a running
team. Much in the same vein as Phoenix was last year. They
are basically undersized at the 4 with Kenyon and Camby is
light in the ass at the 5. With that in mind, they need to step
up the pace. It would also help Earl Boykins, who would thrive
in an uptempo offense.

They do try to pick up the pace, but they can never seem to
sustain it. Guess that's the difference between having Nash
as your PG and Andre Miller. This strategy worked with some
success years ago for Doug Moe, don't see why they can't
bring it back

My 5 for the Nuggets would be thus:
C- Camby
PF - Martin
SF - Anthony
SG - Leonard
PG - Miller

6th man - Boykins

My team would basically revolve around these 6 players
the style would be up tempo at all times, so I would
fill the roster with sturdy rebounding and shot blocking
types like your Theo Ratliffs or Dale Davises and also a few
finishers, whether inside or out......But you are right.....
they have to develop an identity, otherwise they will go
nowhere....fast

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
i'm glad you bumped this, it saved me the trouble of finding it a couple weeks from now...

i have some owning up to do...

aside from coach jackson NOT being able to pull a rabbit out of his hat, the fakers DIDN'T perform as well as i'd predicted... who (besides me, i mean) knew tobe's ego wouldn't allow him to climb aboard and join the lamar odom show? :rolleyes:

but, in fairness, 40-35 is better than the 33-41 record the fakers had on this date 1 year ago... of course, that's primarily due to lamar odom being healthy and in the starting lineup this season (as opposed to last season)...

i also have to eat crow for one pleasant surprise (again, to me)... that is that the suns have posted such a good record with so much talent gone from last year's squad. of course, the suns ARE a lesser team than last year, as evidenced by the comparatively inferior record (57-17 last year as of this date, 49-25 this year as of this date), but the suns are still playing well enough to hold onto the pussific division title...

i also have to eat crow for the disappointing showing of the houston rockets... of course, tracy mcgrady only played 47 games, yao ming only played 54 games, and rafer alston 56 games (out of a possible 75 total), but good lord, 32-43? that's worse than the 2004-05 fakers record! :puke:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I predicted 50 wins for the Lakers. Fell a little short of that
But at least Phil is getting maximum efficiency from Kwame
Brown like I thought he would. Brotha Brown is actually
starting to look like a starting PF/C in this league

I still think you gotta watch out for the Nuggets. I think
they can take the Mavs out. But not the Spurs though

In the east, congrats to the Nets.....Eastern Division champs
once again....even though that ain't saying much....If we get
ANYTHING from Krstic and "Set shot Willie" (Collins), we might
get past Miami and get a crack at Detroit

Of course, my Indiana prediction went up in flames went
Artest went balistic mentally. Pacers are still dangerous,
but very beatable

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
RunawaySlave said:
I predicted 50 wins for the Lakers. Fell a little short of that

LOL. you, me, and john salley predicted 50 win seasons. just call us eternal optimists...

RunawaySlave said:
I still think you gotta watch out for the Nuggets. I think they can take the Mavs out. But not the Spurs though

after last night's game (my 1st chance to see them since they picked up reggie evans and ruben patterson) i'm not very confident of the nuggets chances to advance beyond the 1st round...

if the playoffs started today, the nuggets would only be playing the memphis grizzlies so they could pass that hurdle... i'd like to see what the nuggets could do if they still had earl boykins (instead of howard eisley - his play was terrible last night), kenyon martin and nene hilario... i'm not impressed at all by ruben patterson, and i don't think francisco elson should be on the floor more than 10 minutes...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
cranrab said:
if the playoffs started today, the nuggets would only be playing the memphis grizzlies so they could pass that hurdle... i'd like to see what the nuggets could do if they still had earl boykins (instead of howard eisley - his play was terrible last night), kenyon martin and nene hilario... i'm not impressed at all by ruben patterson, and i don't think francisco elson should be on the floor more than 10 minutes...

No question, without Kenyon, they are a different team. Marcus Camby
isn't strong enough to hold the paint down by himself. Not too sure if
Martin will be there or not. I'm assuming he will be

I think they can win without Boykins, but Andre Miller absolutely HAS to
step his game up. Eisley does almost nothing for them. Didn't even know
they had him, lol. But Miller has been stepping it up lately. When Kenyon
was playing, they seemed to develop a nice chemistry between he, Miller
and Anthony

They have almost NO bench without Boykins, but if they can get Martin
healthy and keep Cotton Camby on the court for 40 minutes for the
next few weeks, they can beat alot of teams in a series...IMO

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Just a note to remember:

Kobe has 15 Technical fouls. He gets one more and that
makes 16. Which means he will be suspended for one
game....a potenially critical game too. So I think he will
be on his best behavior until the playoffs start....at least
until the Lakers clinch their spot

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
the nuggets were steve kerr's subject today...

RunawaySlave said:
No question, without Kenyon, they are a different team. Marcus Camby
isn't strong enough to hold the paint down by himself. Not too sure if
Martin will be there or not. I'm assuming he will be

I think they can win without Boykins, but Andre Miller absolutely HAS to
step his game up. Eisley does almost nothing for them. Didn't even know
they had him, lol. But Miller has been stepping it up lately. When Kenyon
was playing, they seemed to develop a nice chemistry between he, Miller
and Anthony

They have almost NO bench without Boykins, but if they can get Martin
healthy and keep Cotton Camby on the court for 40 minutes for the
next few weeks, they can beat alot of teams in a series...IMO

Nuggets' split personality

By Steve Kerr, Yahoo! Sports
April 7, 2006

DENVER – Will the real Denver Nuggets please stand up? George Karl would be thrilled to know which team is his.

The one that scored 77 points, handed out 26 assists and shot an ungodly 82 percent in the first half against the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday night? Or the one that scored 32 points on 28-percent shooting in the second half and lost to the Clips?

Are the Nuggets the team that shot 17-of-26 in the first quarter of Thursday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers to race out to an 18-point lead? Or is Denver the club whose offense came to a grinding halt thereafter, making just 21 of 65 attempts as it barely hung on for a 110-108 overtime victory?

Certainly, injuries have played a factor in the Nuggets' inconsistency this season, but they simply have not been able to sustain success. Despite owning a 42-34 record and heading toward the franchise's first division title since 1988, Denver hasn't been able to become the dominant club it was the second half of last season when it finished 25-4.

Carmelo Anthony has been spectacular, shooting a career-best 48 percent and hitting countless clutch jumpers to win games, as he did Thursday against L.A. with 3.8 seconds left. And when the Nuggets can get out and run, they are potent. They lead the NBA in fast-break points at 20 per game, and they also rank third and sixth in steals and blocked shots, respectively.

When Denver is able to defend, rebound and "play fast" – as Karl puts it – the Nuggets are explosive, as they proved during a blistering 16-0 run that put the Lakers on their heels in the first quarter on Thursday.

The trouble for Denver is that when the game slows down and it can't run, the team becomes too one dimensional. Other than Anthony, the Nuggets really don't have a low-post threat, nor do they have good perimeter shooters. They rely so much on Anthony that defenses automatically double-team him, and with the worst three-point shooting team in the league, Denver can't give Anthony the help he needs from the perimeter.

After the first quarter Thursday, the Lakers slowed the game down, took care of the ball, double-teamed Anthony and exposed the Nuggets' lack of outside shooting. Denver simply couldn't spread the defense out in the half court, allowing L.A. to pinch into the paint and cut off penetration.

Therein lies the dilemna for the Nuggets. Run, and they're fine. Slow it down and they're not very good. And with injuries to Earl Boykins, Kenyon Martin, Eduardo Najera and Nene Hilario, the Nuggets lack the depth that has allowed them in the past to play pressure defense and force the turnovers that lead to open floor opportunities.

In a weak Northwest Division, Karl's team will win the crown and garner the West's No. 3 playoff seed that comes with it. But Denver's so-so record leaves it without a home-court advantage over the Memphis Grizzlies, its current first-round playoff foe. A home-court advantage means a lot to this club, given that the Nuggets want to run and use the high altitude in Denver to their advantage. But if they can't catch Memphis in the standings and are forced to start the postseason on the road, the Nuggets could be in some trouble.

It's tougher to run in a visiting arena because the momentum of the crowd isn't there. And if the injuries and lack of depth catch up to Denver, it may not be able to generate an up-tempo attack. If so, Karl's team might not last into May. On the other hand, the Nuggets might just get healthy, capture a home-court advantage and run their way deep into the West's postseason picture.

Which will it be? For a team that can be so dramatically different from one quarter to the next, it's tough to tell what will happen in the next possession, never mind in an entire playoff series. Denver is shady – it's tough to tell who it really is sometimes. But come playoff time, we'll find out who the real Nuggets are.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Just a note to remember:

RunawaySlave said:
Kobe has 15 Technical fouls. He gets one more and that makes 16. Which means he will be suspended for one game....a potenially critical game too. So I think he will be on his best behavior until the playoffs start....at least until the Lakers clinch their spot

for those that were wondering, here is the 'bail' schedule for technical fouls:

A player or coach receives an automatic one-game suspension after receiving his 16th technical foul. Every other technical foul beyond 16 (18, 20, 22, ect.) will also result in a one-game suspension without pay.

but i'm curious as to whether or not this applies only to the regular season, or does it include the playoffs also? does a player's technical foul total carry over with him into the post season? or do they start over with a different 'bail' schedule for technical fouls?

BTW, i watched the fakers v. clippers game tonight. cuttino mobley is a SORRY replacement for corey maggette... i don't think the clippers will have corey maggette back at full strength in time for the playoffs... so although i'm rooting for elton brand to advance, i've gotta say i don't like the clippers chances at this point...

sam cassell (though he ended up shooting 50%) was impatient tonight and his POOR shot selection shot the clippers right OUT of the game...

combined with cuttino mobley's ineffectual play (and irritation of the refs), and the 2 HORRIBLE EUROS, it's no surprise the clippers got blown out by the fakers tonight...

i'd like to ask coach dunleavy why he insists on giving garbage euros playing time over walter mccarty... the clippers had a good bit of success when walter mccarty got off the bench a few weeks ago...

i'd even favor a temporary lineup of

sam cassell
shaun livingston
walter mccarty
elton brand
chris kaman

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

cranrab said:
BTW, i watched the fakers v. clippers game tonight. cuttino mobley is a SORRY replacement for corey maggette... i don't think the clippers will have corey maggette back at full strength in time for the playoffs... so although i'm rooting for elton brand to advance, i've gotta say i don't like the clippers chances at this point...

sam cassell (though he ended up shooting 50%) was impatient tonight and his POOR shot selection shot the clippers right OUT of the game...

combined with cuttino mobley's ineffectual play (and irritation of the refs), and the 2 HORRIBLE EUROS, it's no surprise the clippers got blown out by the fakers tonight...

i'd like to ask coach dunleavy why he insists on giving garbage euros playing time over walter mccarty... the clippers had a good bit of success when walter mccarty got off the bench a few weeks ago...

sam cassell
shaun livingston
walter mccarty
elton brand
chris kaman

Yall are funny. So the Lakers dont get any credit for this win? They only won because the shot selection of Sam Cassell (someone said they would take Sam over kobe before too) and Mobley stinking it up? Oh and lets not forget, the best excuse of all, Corey wasnt playing. BTW, Kobe shot more than 25 fga, and they won. Wow.

On another note, Ray Allen: If i were Minnesota, i would be trying to get this guy. Hes a clutch player in my opinion. KG and Ray Allen (the way it should have been), they would make a great combination. Wonder what will happen to KG next season.

The Magic beat the Heat at home, wow. I wonder who they are gonna go after next season. They got some money too. Harrington, Bosh, Bibby, Rashad. Lot of good free agents coming up this summer.

TrojansFan

Potential Star
Registered

cranrab said:
for those that were wondering, here is the 'bail' schedule for technical fouls:

A player or coach receives an automatic one-game suspension after receiving his 16th technical foul. Every other technical foul beyond 16 (18, 20, 22, ect.) will also result in a one-game suspension without pay.

but i'm curious as to whether or not this applies only to the regular season, or does it include the playoffs also? does a player's technical foul total carry over with him into the post season? or do they start over with a different 'bail' schedule for technical fouls?

sam cassell
shaun livingston
walter mccarty
elton brand
chris kaman

To answer your question: The technical fouls reset for the playoffs. They can get suspeneded if they pick too many in the postseason (I forgot the number) but everybody starts at zero come playoff time.

You really have a hard time giving the Lakers credit don't you??? A couple of weeks ago you said that the Clippers had a chance to beat the Spurs in a possible first round playoff matchup. Now when the Lakers completely hand them their ass you rip them like they are the Knicks. :smh:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

TimRock said:
So the Lakers dont get any credit for this win? They only won because the shot selection of Sam Cassell (someone said they would take Sam over kobe before too) and Mobley stinking it up? Oh and lets not forget, the best excuse of all, Corey wasnt playing.

where did i discount or marginalize the performance of the fakers? for the record, i am probably the first (even ahead of fakers fans) to give credit to good fakers performances. right now, for instance, i will happily point out that PLAYER OF THE GAME lamar odom played very well last night, as did luke walton...

have you ever heard players and coaches say "they didn't beat us. we beat ourselves?" or "that game was ours to lose?" well if you have, and you watched last night's game, NOW you have a perfect illustration.

as for your second sentence, YES, the clippers lost for 3 reasons:

1) sam cassell's POOR shot selection
2) cuttino mobley's erratic play
3) POOR defense and court awareness from the clipper euros

did YOU watch the game? i did.

and NO, corey maggette NOT playing was not a factor. i mentioned corey maggette only:

a) in reference to cuttino mobley being his substitute
b) that his absence will be sorely missed in the playoffs

RIF.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

TrojansFan said:
You really have a hard time giving the Lakers credit don't you??? A couple of weeks ago you said that the Clippers had a chance to beat the Spurs in a possible first round playoff matchup. Now when the Lakers completely hand them their ass you rip them like they are the Knicks. :smh:

why would i have a hard time giving the fakers credit for defeating the clippers?

are you so hyper-sensitive that you failed to notice that i was harshly critical of:

1) sam cassell?
2) cuttino mobley?
3) the 2 clippers' euros?

if any of those items included tobe's name, you'd be calling me a hater right now... :smh:

regarding my post about the hypothetical playoffs matches, GO BACK AND READ THE POST.

and YES, i did say the clippers could possibly beat the spurs. ONLY YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I ALSO SAID IF COREY MAGGETTE WAS BACK GETTING STARTERS MINUTES AND IF TIM DUNCAN WAS STILL BOTHERED BY HIS PLANAR FASCITIS. what convenient omissions on your part...

RIF. :smh:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

cranrab said:
where did i discount or marginalize the performance of the fakers? for the record, i am probably the first (even ahead of fakers fans) to give credit to good fakers performances. right now, for instance, i will happily point out that PLAYER OF THE GAME lamar odom played very well last night, as did luke walton...

have you ever heard players and coaches say "they didn't beat us. we beat ourselves?" or "that game was ours to lose?" well if you have, and you watched last night's game, NOW you have a perfect illustration.

as for your second sentence, YES, the clippers lost for 3 reasons:

1) sam cassell's POOR shot selection
2) cuttino mobley's erratic play
3) POOR defense and court awareness from the clipper euros

did YOU watch the game? i did.

and NO, corey maggette NOT playing was not a factor. i mentioned corey maggette only:

a) in reference to cuttino mobley being his substitute
b) that his absence will be sorely missed in the playoffs

RIF.

You make good arguments, I will give you that.

Lamar Odom did play extremely well. I hope it continues through out the playoffs, but I know that his play also depends on the play of Kobe and if he can finally come thru and get his teammates involved.

I did watch the game, and on an occasion it seemed like Lamar and Luke wouldnt pass Kobe the ball on purpose. And i guess thats the way you have to be. They want to prove to him that they are ready to step up and Kobe should acknowledge this and start to be a better teammate. Thats just my opinion. If he doesnt learn soon, Lebron (IMO, i know some of yall already think its too late) will surpass him.

I think next year will be a better year for the Lakers. Kobe will get his scoring title this year, so he probably wont be so concerned with scoring so much. Instead he will try to raise his defensive ability and court awareness to another level. Also, they will probably have a few dollars to try and go after a good PG (or backup), and someone to back up Kobe (Phil wants Kareem Rush back since the Bobcats cut him) and make some trades.

Last edited:
T

tennblack

I understand somethings in life, but I will possible never know why people want just say Kobe is a great player. Yes, call them names (fakers), still the laker is and will be consider one of the NBA's great team reguardless who's on the team. So hate on. But if you ask most players to name the five top teams they would play for. "L A K E R S" will be called. :D :cool:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
bringing the data up to date

TimRock said:
Kobe shot more than 25 fga, and they won. Wow.

thanks for noticing. i forgot i needed to update the info:

fakers win loss record in games where tobe has > 25 FGAs: 25-26 or .490
ho hum. STILL LOSING BASKETBALL.

fakers win loss record in games where tobe has 25 or fewer FGAs: 16-9 or .640. yawn. WINNING BASKETBALL.

hmmm... scoring title and LOSING BASKETBALL

or

team play and WINNING BASKETBALL

NO question where the primadonna's mindset is at... :smh:

nike's laughing all the way to the bank off the sheep who love that clown...