Thor: Ragnarok To Reportedly Have Planet Hulk Element In It

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought Capt. marvel was a dude!
He was at certain points.
Captain_Marvel_29.jpg

The most recent Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) has direct ties to the original Captain Marvel
avengingspiderman9covercolorswipbyterrydodson-d4vof29.jpg

The Messed-Up History Of Marvel’s ‘Captain Marvel’ And Why It Doesn’t Matter

http://comicsalliance.com/captain-marvel-history-carol-danvers-mar-vell-shazam/

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but its just too soon to do it. this will test the waters.
bana and norton's hulk are still too fresh in people's minds so they want to ease hm in as a feature this way and see what happens.

I dont think thats true....i think folks have forgotten about those two

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Thor doesn't translate well to screen for me. Hemsworth has been my least favorite marvel actor...

I love the way Hulk has been portrayed but I just don't see Planet hulk playing out in the universe as currently set.

I think it's too much screen time for those 2.

The problem is that they portray Thor a little too nice. Comic book Thor is like a pit bull. If he's cool with you it's all good. If he's not cool with you there's a good chance you might end up dead.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Galactus and Silver Surfer are just being wasted with Sony. I do find it odd that they have the Fantastic Four rights, but don't have the right to the Kree.

Like you... I don't know what they do after Thanos. They have other villains, but their other major hitters (Doom, apocalypse) are with other studios.

Side note... Does Fox also have the right to the Skrulls? Because I would love to the Skrull invasion play out in the movies. That is another amazing story line that is just being wasted right now. Unless they are saving this for the Ms. Marvel movie..

Kree was never a FF or Xmen aliens so Fox don't have the rights to them. Skrulls were always FF aliens so Fox owns them. In the first Avengers movie the aliens were supposed to be Skrulls.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I dont think thats true....i think folks have forgotten about those two

they haven't. that's why they're so reluctant to just pull the trigger on a solo film. he's been in a few films and been reviewed great as the hulk and as the man
mark ruffalo is the hulk at this point but the stain is still there.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they haven't. that's why they're so reluctant to just pull the trigger on a solo film. he's been in a few films and been reviewed great as the hulk and as the man

I always thought they had issues with who actually had the rights to do the movie. Universal still owns the Hulk solo movie rights I think.

Ruffalo recently spoke with Collider and said that the real issue here is that Universal still owns the solo Hulk movies. As far as a Hulk movie, a standalone Hulk movie, Marvel doesn't really have the rights to that yet. That's still Universal's property, so there's that issue.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Big-Reason-We-re-Getting-Solo-Hulk-Movie-Anytime-Soon-70863.html

This article is a year old. I think they'd have NO PROBLEM making a hulk movie profitable....that norton move was almost 10 years ago

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I always thought they had issues with who actually had the rights to do the movie. Universal still owns the Hulk solo movie rights I think.

Ruffalo recently spoke with Collider and said that the real issue here is that Universal still owns the solo Hulk movies. As far as a Hulk movie, a standalone Hulk movie, Marvel doesn't really have the rights to that yet. That's still Universal's property, so there's that issue.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Big-Reason-We-re-Getting-Solo-Hulk-Movie-Anytime-Soon-70863.html

This article is a year old. I think they'd have NO PROBLEM making a hulk movie profitable....that norton move was almost 10 years ago

Alright, that info fact
can't argue against facts.
you were right.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
universal ,still owns worldwide distribution rights on hulk films. universal is only second to disney in world distribution of films.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Brie Larson Officially Cast As Captain Marvel In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

captain-marvel---brie-larson-191929.png

During their packed Hall H panel at San Diego Comic Con on Friday, Marvel Studios finally announced who will be playing Captain Marvel in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Playing the role of Carol Danvers in the Captain Marvel movie, Avengers: Infinity War, and other appearances to come will be none other than Brie Larson.

Captain Marvel was originally set to debut earlier in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but a packed roster in Captain America: Civil War and other films finding their way with standalone heroes delayed the first appearance. Captain Marvel's first standalone film is set for July 6, 2018, however, the character is expected to appear in the MCU prior to the standalone movie in the first part of the Avengers: Infinity War movies.

Larson is best known for Oscar-winning role in Room, and will star opposite Tom Hiddleston in Kong: Skull Island. Rumors have surrounded the Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel role for months but they can finally be laid to rest as Larson will be suiting up with the Avengers for years to come.

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/23/--cast-as-captain-marvel-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
need to read the comments but it looks like ragnarok will feature an intelligent hulk? that'd be dope...hasn't been done in the movies yet

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Are The Eternals in Thor: Ragnarok?

eternalsthor-191949.jpg

During a very quickly displayed (and not publicly released) sizzle reel compiled for Thor: Ragnarok's reveal at SDCC's Hall H panel for Marvel Studios, several pieces of concept art were shown. Loki was shown with a new costume, several new shots of Asgard appeared, and Thor was shown with some red streaks down his face. Many tribal-looking characters were shown, in fact, perhaps indicating the presence of the "Planet Hulk" storyline rumored.

Then came one quick shot of some sort of throne room, with godly looking characters. They had some very Jack Kirby-esque circles and lines drawn of them, and the first thought that came to mind were The Eternals. Long rumored for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (though most often as a TV show), the Eternals are another set of godly creatures, these ones created by the Celestials. Of course, they also share an aesthetic with the Celestials, so it could have been the latter, the elder gods of the universe, in the footage. We did see a Celestial head in Guardians of the Galaxy, home to Knowhere, and saw a vision of a Celestial elsewhere in the MCU, after all.

However, the context of the character sitting down in what looked like some kind of throne room, and other characters around it, seemed like these were more humanoid than "massive space god" kinds of characters. Continuing to explore the strange relationship between alien "gods" and humans and superhumans certainly wouldn't hurt Thor's relationship with the rest of the MCU. Whether it's the Eternals or the Celestials that created them, it's clear the Asgardians have a lot to deal with in Ragnarok, as an armored Hulk, the underworld goddess Hela, and the fire demon Surtur also appeared in the very short and rapid clip.

Thor: Ragnarok just began principal photography as it works towards a November 2017 release.

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/24/are-the-eternals-in-thor-ragnarok-/

mark115

Rising Star
Registered
"Valkyrie as well, who will be sporting war paint and will skew towards a more primal look as well, as opposed to her comic version's more nordic armor"

More Primal? They mean primitive :hmm:...as if the nodic look wasnt primitive already.