Thor: Ragnarok To Reportedly Have Planet Hulk Element In It

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
planet-hulk-thor-184291.jpg

Just as Captain America: Civil War was more than just a solo outing for the character, it appears that Thor: Ragnarok will follow the same framework, and will be more of an ensemble film.

The latest news from the film comes courtesy of JoBlo.com. Their sources indicate the film will be a mashup of the Ragnarok storyline from the comics and the fan favorite Planet Hulk story by Greg Pak. The sources say that the film will definitely have a Planet Hulk element and that Thor will "definitely be involved in some gladiatorial games run by the Grandmaster", who is played by Jeff Goldblum in Ragnarok.

The source also adds that Hulk (played by Mark Ruffalo) will have a costume similar to his look in Planet Hulk, with the more primal accessories and the one-sided armor covering his left arm. No details have been revealed about how either one gets to the planet, but once they get there fans will recognize pieces of both well-regarded storylines. Thor is attempting to find the ultimate weapon to stop Ragnarok and reset the universe, and that takes him in some way to this planet.

Chris Hemsworth's Thor will also have a different look once he's on the planet, evidently sporting a shaved head. Expect a different look for Tessa Thompson's debuting Valkyrie as well, who will be sporting war paint and will skew towards a more primal look as well, as opposed to her comic version's more nordic armor.

Thor Ragnarok is set to release on November 3rd, 2017.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/31/thor-ragnarok-to-reportedly-have-planet-hulk-element-in-it/

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...rok-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-details-316

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Not me. I think this will as good as Civil War. They are giving us more and more of what we want to see

cap helped them figure out that this solo shit ain't gotta be solo. instead of making 9 different movies featuring 9 different people for no damn reason and needing to fill up 2 hours on 1 character. they can just do a dope ass 30 min on 1 30 min on the other and then combine them for an hour of dopeness and make a classic film.

no need to make a hulk movie like there really wasnt a need to make the 2nd thor movie. do the origin and then put them into the mix. that's the formula.

i full expect the next antman to feature hella different people as well.

finally learning

im glad they finally fucking realized thor didn't have to be fabio
he could be fucking thor.

i expect some guardians of the galaxy cameos in this too.

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
inevitable? based on what? I'm just curious.

Thor doesn't translate well to screen for me. Hemsworth has been my least favorite marvel actor...

I love the way Hulk has been portrayed but I just don't see Planet hulk playing out in the universe as currently set.

I think it's too much screen time for those 2.

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Thor doesn't translate well to screen for me. Hemsworth has been my least favorite marvel actor...

I love the way Hulk has been portrayed but I just don't see Planet hulk playing out in the universe as currently set.

I think it's too much screen time for those 2.
I guess that's fair. Thor's character is definitely different, but I like him when he's interacting with other characters. At this point though, I give Marvel the benefit of the doubt. The films I was most worried about turned out to be favorites.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I posted more info in the first post.

cap helped them figure out that this solo shit ain't gotta be solo. instead of making 9 different movies featuring 9 different people for no damn reason and needing to fill up 2 hours on 1 character. they can just do a dope ass 30 min on 1 30 min on the other and then combine them for an hour of dopeness and make a classic film.

no need to make a hulk movie like there really wasnt a need to make the 2nd thor movie. do the origin and then put them into the mix. that's the formula.

i full expect the next antman to feature hella different people as well.

finally learning

im glad they finally fucking realized thor didn't have to be fabio
he could be fucking thor.

i expect some guardians of the galaxy cameos in this too.

I've been reading they might add one more person to the team for Guardians of the Galaxy.I don't know,how true it is,but I hope it doesn't get overcrowded.

As,for Ant-Man don't be shocked,if Captain America or Falcon in the sequel.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
So they are going to replace Buffalo Bill with Thor since they can't use Silver Surfer. I guess I can go with this, but man Planet Hulk kind of deserves it's own story. It will be nice to have a more articulate Hulk. I will forever say that you can make an amazing Hulk movie if you respect the material. The incredible Hulk film was close, but it missed a bunch of elements.

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I guess that's fair. Thor's character is definitely different, but I like him when he's interacting with other characters. At this point though, I give Marvel the benefit of the doubt. The films I was most worried about turned out to be favorites.

well its rooted in the fact that they made it a romance drama and not really a super hero movie. that's why thor hasn't been good.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
So they are going to replace Buffalo Bill with Thor since they can't use Silver Surfer. I guess I can go with this, but man Planet Hulk kind of deserves it's own story. I will be nice to have a more articulate Hulk. I will forever say that you can make an amazing Hulk movie if you respect the material. The incredible Hulk film was close, but it missed a bunch of elements.

but its just too soon to do it. this will test the waters.
bana and norton's hulk are still too fresh in people's minds so they want to ease hm in as a feature this way and see what happens.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

I've been reading they might add one more person to the team for Guardians of the Galaxy.I don't know,how true it is,but I hope it doesn't get overcrowded.

can't be over crowded. 2 of the guardians don't really say shit they just fight lol
they could add or not add they'll be good. its an entire universe.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
but its just too soon to do it. this will test the waters.
bana and norton's hulk are still too fresh in people's minds so they want to ease hm in as a feature this way and see what happens.

I agree.. but man there is so much from that story that is going to end up getting left out. Plus I don't know if the fight between Hulk and Thor will carry the same impact that the Silver Surfer and Buffalo Bill had in the other versions. There was a point that you actually thought... Hulk is going to kill this dude. Everyone knows that that isn't going to happen in this movie. Plus.. what about the Warbound and Caiera....

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said this a while back. It was obvious once Grandmaster was announced.

Thor takes the place of Silver Surfer from the comics and Beta Ray Bill from the animated movie.

This seems to be a MCU mashup of Planet Hulk and Hulk Vs Thor animated movies.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
So they are going to replace Buffalo Bill with Thor since they can't use Silver Surfer. I guess I can go with this, but man Planet Hulk kind of deserves it's own story. I will be nice to have a more articulate Hulk. I will forever say that you can make an amazing Hulk movie if you respect the material. The incredible Hulk film was close, but it missed a bunch of elements.

Since,Sony got the Fantastic Four rights,Marvel can't use Silver Surfer.

Not only does Sony has the Fantastic Four rights,they have the rights to villains/hero associated with them(Silver Surfer/Galactus).

That's,why I'm hoping Sony would give the rights back,because Marvel going to need a new villain,after Thanos....ie Galactus.I have no clue,who will be after Thanos,if they can't get the Fantastic Four rights back. :dunno:

can't be over crowded. 2 of the guardians don't really say shit they just fight lol
they could add or not add they'll be good. its an entire universe.

That's true...I'm really looking forward to seeing it next year :yes:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I agree.. but man there is so much from that story that is going to end up getting left out. Plus I don't know if the fight between Hulk and Thor will carry the same impact that the Silver Surfer and Buffalo Bill had in the other versions. There was a point that you actually thought... Hulk is going to kill this dude. Everyone knows that that isn't going to happen in this movie. Plus.. what about the Warbound and Caiera....

maybe they'll leave room to explore it further. maybe they'll hint at it instead of trying to cram it into the movie and then make the full planet hulk feature

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
well its rooted in the fact that they made it a romance drama and not really a super hero movie. that's why thor hasn't been good.
The romance part definitely took away from it, but I didnt think the Thor movies were bad. Not my favorites, but something has to be at the bottom of the list. And that's a hell of a list.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Not only does Sony has the Fantastic Four rights,they have the rights to villains/hero associated with them(Silver Surfer/Galactus).

That's,why I'm hoping Sony would give the rights back,because Marvel going to need a new villain,after Thanos....ie Galactus.I have no clue,who will be after Thanos,if they can't get the Fantastic Four rights back. :dunno:

Galactus and Silver Surfer are just being wasted with Sony. I do find it odd that they have the Fantastic Four rights, but don't have the right to the Kree.

Like you... I don't know what they do after Thanos. They have other villains, but their other major hitters (Doom, apocalypse) are with other studios.

Side note... Does Fox also have the right to the Skrulls? Because I would love to the Skrull invasion play out in the movies. That is another amazing story line that is just being wasted right now. Unless they are saving this for the Ms. Marvel movie..

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
maybe they'll leave room to explore it further. maybe they'll hint at it instead of trying to cram it into the movie and then make the full planet hulk feature

True, but that means that Thor would have to leave Hulk on Sakaar at the end of Ragnarok meaning no Hulk for Infinity Wars and I think you have to have Hulk for Infinity wars.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Galactus and Silver Surfer are just being wasted with Sony. I do find it odd that they have the Fantastic Four rights, but don't have the right to the Kree.

Like you... I don't know what they do after Thanos. They have other villains, but their other major hitters (Doom, apocalypse) are with other studios.

Side note... Does Fox also have the right to the Skrulls? Because I would love to the Skrull invasion play out in the movies. That is another amazing story line that is just being wasted right now. Unless they are saving this for the Ms. Marvel movie..
yeah they have skrulls and shiar

I doubt they will focus on it too much... My guess is Hela will be the big bad of the flick while setting Grandmaster up to intro his brother on the way to building the cosmic society and the politics that Thanos is in the center of
yeah I think - so too

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They are adding ...

Pom Klementieff as Mantis
pomklementieff.jpg

And Guest Star, Nathan Fillion as Wonder Man, Simon Williams
nathan-fillion-is-playing-wonder-man-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-950122.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
True, but that means that Thor would have to leave Hulk on Sakaar at the end of Ragnarok meaning no Hulk for Infinity Wars and I think you have to have Hulk for Infinity wars.
nah this is Hulk leaving- they are not going to follow established plot and time line from the books
- there is no illuminati yet

futureshock

Renegade of this atomic age
Registered
Source or link:hmm:

Marvel Adds Four New Actors To Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Adds-Four-Actors-Guardians-Galaxy-Vol-2-112857.html

Guardians Of The Galaxy Will Have At Least One New Team Member, Here's What We Know

_1455306008.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Guar...One-Team-Member-Here-What-We-Know-112027.html

only this for wonder man

Wonder-Man-Simon-Williams-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-1000x500.jpg

http://www.geeksandcom.com/2016/05/...er-man-dans-les-gardiens-de-la-galaxie-vol-2/

ETA: This just happened a few weeks ago. It must be after that Castle stuff went down. :lol:

‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’ Casts Nathan Fillion as Wonder Man
Mike Sampson | April 25, 2016 @ 1:58 PM

guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-wonder-man-pic.jpg

SIGaFVwl.jpg

http://screencrush.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-nathan-fillion/

Last edited:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Fox never giving back the FF rights..they still trying to work out ideas for another movie :rolleyes: