The Turkey Leg Hut

MASTERBAKER

DEMOTED MOD
BGOL Investor
Where doing this on all levels ... by all means and want to give back as well and make 3rd ward what it use to be thanks @junebug_ghetto for the shirts
65500875_2442622279308081_6481814121699344384_n.jpg
65387296_2443220982581544_2797168769451950080_n.jpg
65919395_2445654009004908_727018094970535936_n.jpg
48413643_2310094442560866_7902975961941934080_o.jpg
65262279_2442169606020015_3483447269963857920_n.jpg
65385860_2443443195892656_6052847154840469504_n.jpg
 
Tell you now you go there especially wknds you gonna be in line at least an hour or two. And right now it's hot as FUCK! The joint opens at 11 and there is a small line at 930.

I rode by there today after I got my car washed. Full of bitches!!! How they stand in that line in this heat idk. Food is good as hell. I fucks with the Cajun Bowl.

And they are opening one in Atlanta.
 
I pass by there often, but never stopped in and tried their grub.


There was a post floating around on FB with a receipt from there with some outrageous ass prices. I do plan on stopping there once to show support.
 
I been fuckin wit these cats since 2016 when they was subleasing at the Caddy Shack on Washington Ave. Glad to see how much they've grown since the owner Lynn got out of prison and they re located to the Third Ward. Black owned, food is bangin, and its always pretty women in there (including staff). KingTaharqa approved. :yes:

39699094-1917167035254265-8134131668748337152-n.jpg
 
I been fuckin wit these cats since 2016 when they was subleasing at the Caddy Shack on Washington Ave. Glad to see how much they've grown since the owner Lynn got out of prison and they re located to the Third Ward. Black owned, food is bangin, and its always pretty women in there (including staff). KingTaharqa approved. :yes:

39699094-1917167035254265-8134131668748337152-n.jpg
I remember when they just had the truck and trailer with the pit selling by NRG. They got it out the mud like a muthafucka.

And if he keeps it going I think he will own that block of Almeda between Blodgett & Southmore. When he opens the other shit he's gonna need more parking space.
 
I've never been inside, but my gal always orders me something to go when she drops in. She was waiting for 2 hrs last time she went. It's never gonna be that deep for me. It's good, but not earth shattering wait 2 to 3 hours good.

If I ever go myself, it'd definitely be a weekday afternoon between 2 and 6.
 
I've never been inside, but my gal always orders me something to go when she drops in. She was waiting for 2 hrs last time she went. It's never gonna be that deep for me. It's good, but not earth shattering wait 2 to 3 hours good.

If I ever go myself, it'd definitely be a weekday afternoon between 2 and 6.
They close the kitchen everyday around 5 for clean up. But yeah bro I'm not standing in line period. They got a food truck across the street for to go stuff.

I never thought I'd ever see a black person open a joint and knock Pappadeauxs on 610 business. But he has. Pappadeauxs on Friday happy hour is still the shit tho. Bitches be in there deep.
 
:eek2::eek2::eek2: Aww, c'mon! I'd get a meal to go and no drink to support but damn! WTF is a service charge? Nearly four dollars for a soft drink AND charging for a refill.:smh::smh::smh:

Glad they're doing good, but those kind of charges can turn off more people than those who don't care. You get got once - that's it! But I know, thee's always those that don't care about fake fees & charges.
 
Last edited:
They close the kitchen everyday around 5 for clean up. But yeah bro I'm not standing in line period. They got a food truck across the street for to go stuff.

I never thought I'd ever see a black person open a joint and knock Pappadeauxs on 610 business. But he has. Pappadeauxs on Friday happy hour is still the shit tho. Bitches be in there deep.

Niggas don't know nothing about that "lonely hearts" club

And what's up homie ain't seen you post in a while... you good??
 
Went ahout a year ago, the food was good, but the service was not good at all. There was no line, took forever for the server to get drinks, check on the table, bring the check. Only reason I haven't been back was because of the service, if im going to pay a premium price on a meal then i expect the service to match plus i will not wait in an hour to 2 hour line in Houston heat and humidity
 
Niggas don't know nothing about that "lonely hearts" club

And what's up homie ain't seen you post in a while... you good??
Been traveling and working bro...Bought a new house and a Benz so life is good. I be on here lurking like a muthafucka tho lol.

I was thinking about this when I was in South Africa. I been on this board almost 14yrs. That's crazy lol. I be in other countries BGOL lurking.
 
Been traveling and working bro...Bought a new house and a Benz so life is good. I be on here lurking like a muthafucka tho lol.

I was thinking about this when I was in South Africa. I been on this board almost 14yrs. That's crazy lol. I be in other countries BGOL lurking.
Shiiitttttt homie you was the good luck charm for them punk ass Texans... you and that box pasta
:lol:

From the looks of it you done graduated from those days
 
Boosie been making the rounds I see...

He popped up at this other black owned spot in Houston, called the Cupcake Kitchen.



I'm told the lady that owns it (pictured) was a chemist but quit that job to pursue her passion of baking. She's opening her own soul food restaurant later this year to go along with the bakery. She already is serving dinner after 7pm in her bakery and the gumbo, salmon, enchiladas, spaghetti, oxtails.... they are good as a mufucca.

B-b-but if you've never had her desserts before, good lord. Fellas y'all need to check it out. And on Tuesdays and Saturdays the cupcakes are $2. The cupcakes are good, the peach cobbler is good, banana pudding is good, cookies are good, homemade ice cream is good.... everything they serve is BOMB...

And if you're up to it, check out the "3rd Ward Classic."

oh.
my.
GOD!



This place a bit of a hidden gem for me. I been fuckin with them for years now.

Y'all know one of my favorite Houston spots now. Check them out. I promise you won't be disappointed.
 
Back
Top