The Top Hip-Hop Artists From Long Island?

Who is the top hip-hop artist from Long Island?

• Public Enemy

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Eric B. & Rakim

Votes: 56 38.1%
  • EPMD

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • De La Soul

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Busta Rhymes/Leaders Of The New School

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obviously Rakim, But EPMD and the Hit Squad was gonna be force to reckoned with. They had game on lock more so than any of the artist mentioned until the break up.

:itsawrap:

380snubnose

i posts nothing but dimes!!
BGOL Investor
MAN ERIC B IS FROM EAST ELMHURST QUEENS..95TH STREET BETWEEN 23 AND 24TH AVE..WTF!! I KNOW CAUSE I WAS I LIVE ON 96TH STREET BETWEEN 24 AND 25TH.. ME AND MY BOY USED TO BE OVER THERE BACK IN THE DAYS,WHEN FREDDY FOXX AND PREME MAGNETIC USED TO COME THROUGH..FROM LONG ISLAND-STOP IT:smh::smh:

Reactions: BDR

soulcontroller

Rising Star
Registered
What about Heavy D?

Throw in Roc Marciano for honorable mention

roc-marciano.png

donhustle

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MAN ERIC B IS FROM EAST ELMHURST QUEENS..95TH STREET BETWEEN 23 AND 24TH AVE..WTF!! I KNOW CAUSE I WAS I LIVE ON 96TH STREET BETWEEN 24 AND 25TH.. ME AND MY BOY USED TO BE OVER THERE BACK IN THE DAYS,WHEN FREDDY FOXX AND PREME MAGNETIC USED TO COME THROUGH..FROM LONG ISLAND-STOP IT:smh::smh:

Damn PREME MAGNETIC old school like a mfer

vandamation

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This man tells the truth... :yes:

Shout out to the Bucaneer Diner... :yes:

The 'Hurst had hoes too... :yes::yes::yes:

I was on that block a WHOLE lot back in the day... :yes:

futureshock

Renegade of this atomic age
Registered
Anybody remember JVC Force... they had the joint "Strong Island" shit was fire

I still have a red alert mixtape with him cuttin' up that song buried in a box somewhere. They kinda sounded like epmd wanna bees with their flow tho.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
non-NY niggas ruining this thread w/ they dumb ass questions :lol: get on google maps w/ ya dumb shit

Reactions: BDR

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
NO... :smh:

Method Man is the opposite... he's a Hempstead nigga who moved to Staten Island... :yes:

Never knew this. Makes sense thought because I used to see him at the Barber shop/WEED Spot on Hempstead/Main and heard he had a side piece in Roosevelt....

Same areas I would always see Brian Pumper in wearing them same suits...