The power of intermittent fasting

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
What’s up fellas! Does anyone know a remedy to stop from getting headaches during fasts?
try doing a little himalayan salt in your water, just a pinch.

But also suggest to all to take Magnesium Glycinate. I use this brand and take it nightly. I take 400-800mg nightly.

mag%20chelate%20vegan.jpg

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Since is was “Nothing”, why stop at 47?

200.gif
Only once I went past when I had surgery last year. Only cause I didnt eat the day b4 surgery and then two days after.
But I eat cause my ass was being greedy. Wife did it with me and we worked out the next morn like nothing. But I would say we more conditioned since we do 22-23 hrs daily anyways.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only once I went past when I had surgery last year. Only cause I didnt eat the day b4 surgery and then two days after.
But I eat cause my ass was being greedy. Wife did it with me and we worked out the next morn like nothing. But I would say we more conditioned since we do 22-23 hrs daily anyways.

I feel you and keep up the good work!

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
thank you bro.

Ok so If I do this once a week for a month...

with exercise.

how much weight should I lose?
Once a week what?
I do this daily.

Your first week or so, will lose mainly water weight, may be 10-15 pounds. Then after will gradually lose but is according to your diet really. Gotta eat in a caloric deficit. Around 1,000-1,200 calories a day. I don't necessarily do it daily, as in count my calories. I snack and cheat, since Thanksgiving to Xmas, and havent been that serious. But I do adhere to my daily 22-23hr fast. I stop eating 6-7pm and then eat the next day at 5pm.

I wouldnt suggest anyone do what I'm doing, I been conditioned this way a minute. Anyone starting out, do the 16/8 then if you feel ok after a week or so then gradually go longer. Feel your body out for tiredness or if you feel sluggish. It may happen but a lot of it is you detoxing and your body using your fat as fuel and not relying on sugar or food. Over time, I learned to not always look at the scale but look at your body changes in the mirror as well as the way old clothes fit. I used to wear 2-3XL for years. Now I fit 'L' and 'XL'. Pants used to be 40, now I wear 34.

@Picasso I also wanted to say, some headaches you feeling may be from toxins leaving you and may take a lil while as in days or weeks, but once gone, won't feel them again. As long as you know you have enough water intake, you know it's not dehydration.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yep, I mix one scoop in 12 ounces of almond milk. The Banana maple french toast flavor is the best protein I've ever tasted

so once my fast is over to ease my system back with this and like a salad ?

and wait about an hour

and I can go back to "normal" food?

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so once my fast is over to ease my system back with this and like a salad ?

and wait about an hour

and I can go back to "normal" food?

Yes, Because when you break a fast your body is extra sensitive to nutrients, protein and some type of complex carb like apples, green veggies or fiber, since your muscles and cells will soak the nutrients up.

Cle Da YoungKingPin

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I usually break my fast with some plant protein with almond milk or an apple then I have bigger meal 30 minutes to an hour later. You don't want to break a fast with high carbs or sugar. Have something low on the glycemic index because your body will be sensitive to glucose
thank you bro any other suggestions on meals etc? any sites I can follow or look at?

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thank you bro any other suggestions on meals etc? any sites I can follow or look at?

Best advice I ever got when trying to eat healthy was to shop on the outside aisles of the grocery store and to build your meals on single item ingredients. When i say single item ingredients an example is chicken breast. Have some chicken breast then add some spinach or broccoli or a complex carb like a sweet potato. If you want a snack have some fruit or almonds. Single ingredient items are almost always going to be the most healthy choice. My diet consists of mostly veggies and fruit with a good form of protein and plenty of water.

Cle Da YoungKingPin

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Best advice I ever got when trying to eat healthy was to shop on the outside aisles of the grocery store and to build your meals on single item ingredients. When i say single item ingredients an example is chicken breast. Have some chicken breast then add some spinach or broccoli or a complex carb like a sweet potato. If you want a snack have some fruit or almonds. Single ingredient items are almost always going to be the most healthy choice. My diet consists of mostly veggies and fruit with a good form of protein and plenty of water.
Thank you bro

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

"Subjecting yourself to self imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence. Period."

I started a thread about a coon doing IF 10 years ago: Herschel Walker: One Meal a Day, 750 to 1,500 push-ups/ 2,000 sit-ups.

Some good info in there:

300+ page thread on IF: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3587831

his older site: http://leangains.blogspot.com

Good stuff, thanks for posting!

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
A cleansing is effective with a fast.

Try this from time to time if you need a fiber boost with your fast. Why is cleansing is important because once the old compacted crap is out of you. The next time you eat whole foods you will feel the benefits in your cells immediately. This is not the only but any cleansing methods are good once you know which cleansing methods works best for you.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been doing the 16-8 and I feel a little lighter on my feet but the scale ain't going down yet. I will say my skin feels cleaner and I feel a little better.

But I sleep WAYYYYYY better lol...

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Been doing the 16-8 and I feel a little lighter on my feet but the scale ain't going down yet. I will say my skin feels cleaner and I feel a little better.

But I sleep WAYYYYYY better lol...

What is your diet like when you do eat?

I fast 24hrs every other day shits tough the first weeks but my body adapted

Wow. What is your diet on your eating days?

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once a week or what?

Between every meal.

So if I eat a meal at 5pm, I don't eat until 5pm the next day. If I eat at 5pm and something else at 7pm the same day. I don't eat until 7pm the next day.

If it's a day where I've eaten a lot, I'll keep it really light the next day. Like only eat bowl of cereal and a smoothie within an hour or two. Then fast for 24 hours.

It's worked for me. I was at 250 :eek2:

Down to 198. Really would like to get to 185-190 and stay there.

Cross

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I still eat healthy, ive cut out sugar for the most part i dont even crave it anymore im trying to cut my sodium intake but its in everywhere but i gave up the chips not a popcorn dude but skinny pop has become my go to snack and when i want something sweet i eat sugar free pudding cups with whipped cream and a lil chocolate sauce what sugar craving i do get the pudding satisfies. I dont eat red meat at all basically turkey chicken i want to add fish to my diet but havent as of yet. I strictly drink water and flavored seltzer water when i need something different Walmart have these flavor carbonated water, a liter for 57 cents that i love lemon lime and mandarin orange is life.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

mostly chicken, rice, kale, broc, oatmeal, fruits and so forth.. no fast food.

I just started so I'm waiting least a month to see some result.

I drink about 2-3 cups of coffee a day.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm probably gonna jump to 18-6 soon... I'm getting used to it.

I also do ginger tea, lemon and honey once a day.