The power of intermittent fasting

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does drinking protein shakes mess up my fast?

I been doing 16-8

Usually drink coffee in the morning

Sometimes a protein shake before or after eating times when I'm felling hungry

So would a protein shake be considered food or liquids? :dunno:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I been doing 16-8

A protein shake is considered a meal, but do what’s best for you on the journey.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I been doing 16-8

Anything that triggers an insulin response is breaking your fast. Insulin release is the trigger to keep your body from burning fat stores.

Water, black cofee and plain brewed tea's are acceptable. Green tea and coffee are goop appetite suppressants along with water that has some pink Himalayan salt added to it.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anything that triggers an insulin response is breaking your fast. Insulin release is the trigger to keep your body from burning fat stores.

Water, black cofee and plain brewed tea's are acceptable. Green tea and coffee are goop appetite suppressants along with water that has some pink Himalayan salt added to it.

Yeah and coffee is my fucking weakness...It's been days where I drink coffee and not a whole lot, black and will not eat until like 4 or 5pm....That shit suppresses the hell out of your appetite.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A protein shake is considered a meal, but do what’s best for you on the journey.

Naw I'll stop. If I'm going to do it gotta do it right. They say if you know better , Do better.

I'll keep the shakes between eating times.

Appreciate game. Thanks for your input.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's calories fam so a protein shake can break your fast.

My man’s over there thinking he’s fasting, but with the amount of protein in a shake he ain’t doing nothing but eating a small steak.

tenor.gif

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
My man’s over there thinking he’s fasting, but with the amount of protein in a shake he ain’t doing nothing but eating a small steak.

tenor.gif

A lot of people seem to confuse fasting with eating low-carb/keto. Or think fasting only applies to eating solid foods.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I lost focus and I'm 205 34% bf and 5'11.

I need to tone up, I may try alternative fasting, I'm doing a 24 hour now to get ready.

Need to get more used to fasting beyond 18 hours, 18 hours in and I feel like I'm gonna die soon.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

I need to tone up, I may try alternative fasting, I'm doing a 24 hour now to get ready.

Need to get more used to fasting beyond 18 hours, 18 hours in and I feel like I'm gonna die soon.

Are you on any kind of workout or exercise regimen?

Dadecountycane

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Im the same height but at 245 now. Working to get down to 220

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ran for the first time in 3 months on Monday but I still have been fasting. I felt like Bambi, take it light fam. I am still sore than a mug.

I did some light workouts every morning before I started drinking lol plus I was hiking up in the damn mountains for ziplines. Im gonna take it easy the next 2 days then Sundays its back to normal.

July 4th my ass going to Costa Rica but they got alot of outdoor activities but I know I will be eating and drinking the whole time.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
I’ve been doing IF for 3 years now, I’m 6’1 and always hovered around 225-235, heaviest was 242 once. The lowest I got was i think 192, I didn’t like that weight so went back up to 210. I fall off sometimes and gain weight but I’ve never gotten over 218 pounds in the 3 years I’ve been doing IF

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can anyone recommend a good 30 minute dumbbells' workout I can do? I do a HITT training session everyday or atleast 5 days a week that's good, but wanted to start doing 2-days or something I can do 3 days a week using dumbbells'

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can anyone recommend a good 30 minute dumbbells' workout I can do? I do a HITT training session everyday or atleast 5 days a week that's good, but wanted to start doing 2-days or something I can do 3 days a week using dumbbells'
You doing this at home?

I'm asking because I'm still paying for LA Fitness, but I'm not going to train, just the pool, hot tub, & sauna.

I'm about to get some weights, bench, and cage for the house and just do my shit on my own

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve been doing IF for 3 years now, I’m 6’1 and always hovered around 225-235, heaviest was 242 once. The lowest I got was i think 192, I didn’t like that weight so went back up to 210. I fall off sometimes and gain weight but I’ve never gotten over 218 pounds in the 3 years I’ve been doing IF
And how many hours on/off you do?

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been IF’ing for a week now and down 8 lbs. Its been relatively easy too. Gonna throw keto into the mix soon and up the ante.
Damn, 8 lbs in a week, thats good.
Ease into it fam. 16/8 works perfectly fine. No need for the extreme imo.
So only eat within that 8 hour window?
And watch what I eat....

Man, I already know all this, I just fell off and be eating whenever. Stop working out. :smh: I'm 6'2" and I'm at 252 lbs last I checked a couple weeks ago. I got sidelined by some injuries that are taking longer to heal, but I'm getting back active.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Do some of these complexes but use your dumbbells.

I did this with the same 135 in the gym Monday and almost died. Had my heart rate up like a mofo. Im gonna knock some out tomm. These look easy but its hard.

Also with dumbbells you can put some weighted burpees in your routine for some HIIT. Jump Rope also

I just finished working out in the garage while on hour 20 of a fast.