Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

A Spicy Latina.

r a w

businessman-whip-19040237.jpg

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't have a dog in this fight. I also haven't scrolled through all of the comments here. I also haven't seen one of his episodes in it's entirety. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Kevin Samuels except...

1) I have learned that if someone doesn't like what one has to say (especially in the Black community), and he looks "different" than the "norm", the first thing that they'll say to attack him is that he's gay.

2) Anyone who criticizes Black woman in a way (rightly or wrongly) that causes them to look at themselves in a critical way, and puts them on the defensive will always be attacked. Think Shaherazad Ali with "The Black Man's Guide to Understanding the Black Woman". She was criticized repeatedly by Black women (and many gay men) for her views, although some (not all) of her views were on point.

Everyone needs to assess what their motivation for liking or hating Samuels is. It would say a lot about where they stand in terms of Black male-female relationships.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Took babygirl to a popular black-owned brunch spot. Hostess had few words for me. She goes “Four?” My lady goes “Yeah, four.” then looked at me like “I see what you mean.” Hostess goes “20-30 minutes” with no eye contact. Mixed couple of white and Asian friends walked up “Hi, are you all together, the 4 of you? Well, I’m wanna warn you it’s gonna be a 20-30 minute wait, is that okay” We all looked at each other with confirmation. Kiss all types of ass but short with their own.

Seen it too often. Had this bonnet-wearing, mammy looking, discount dollar store Erykah Badu that started as a hostess at spot my wife and I frequent. We walk in....now we usually sit at the bar and it's close to the door so I quickly scan it. I tell the host we're looking for a couple seats at the bar. She says it's full but if one of a party moves down, then two seats together will open.

Now I casually ask, "Oh, you're going to see if they can move?".

This minimum wage bitch gonna fix her mouth to say to me with attitude "Oh no, well I'M not gonna do it." as if to say 'how dare you ask me to do something for you.' Mind you this is the hostess.

So the bartender, who I've seen on MANY occasions comes from behind the bar, walks up to the hostess stand and says "Hello, Mr. TheAlias, I just closed out two right here (gestures to another couple) if you give me a couple minutes, I'll have the spaced cleared and ready for you."

Me: "Thank you (name)"

So then Broke Jemima says "(bartender name), yes he's so nice."

Without saying a word, we just walk away from her ass.

So my wife and I put each other up on game as shit happens....been that way since we met. She informs me later on that her last line of saying bartender is so nice was her way of reconciling with herself that we are two black folks that come to this place (pricey joint in a nice area) and we command more than average respect from the other people that work there . As if to say, 'oh, he only did that because he's nice and not because of you'.

During the meal Bonnet Raitt walks by and compliments my wife on her bag or shoes, I forgot which, but I say within earshot so I know she hears me "Say nothing to her ass"

Because this is the thing.....far too often black folks choose not to initially give other black people respect/reverence that they automatically give for white people. The thinking likely goes "oh this white person wields the (influence/power/respect) so I should be my best professional self". It's the service industry, black folks like this girl recognize the inherent hierarchy as it applies to servicing patrons and as they default to appropriate service when it comes to others.....they blatantly disregard it when it comes to us. Black folks too often want to communicate to other black folks "oh, don't think you're special". Even her walking by and complimenting my wife was probably her way of saying, "we're the same, like that bag, might get it for myself'

Telling my wife to ignore her within earshot was my way.....right or wrong, ineffective or not......of reminding Broke Bonnet of said hierarchy.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Seen it too often. Had this bonnet-wearing, mammy looking, discount dollar store Erykah Badu that started as a hostess at spot my wife and I frequent. We walk in....now we usually sit at the bar and it's close to the door so I quickly scan it. I tell the host we're looking for a couple seats at the bar. She says it's full but if one of a party moves down, then two seats together will open.

This minimum wage bitch gonna fix her mouth to say to me with attitude "Oh no, well I'M not gonna do it." as if to say 'how dare you ask me to do something for you.' Mind you this is the hostess.

So the bartender, who I've seen on MANY occasions comes from behind the bar, walks up to the hostess stand and says "Hello, Mr. TheAlias, I just closed out two right here (gestures to another couple) if you give me a couple minutes, I'll have the spaced cleared and ready for you."

So my wife and I put each other up on game as shit happens....been that way since we met. She informs me later on that her last line of saying bartender is so nice was her way of reconciling with herself that we are two black folks that come to this place (pricey joint in a nice area) and we command more than average respect from the other people that work there . As if to say, 'oh, he only did that because he's nice and not because of you'.

During the meal Bonnet Raitt walks by and compliments my wife on her bag or shoes, I forgot which, but I say within earshot so I know she hears me "Say nothing to her ass"

Because this is the thing.....far too often black folks choose not to initially give other black people respect/reverence that they automatically give for white people. The thinking likely goes "oh this white person wields the (influence/power/respect) so I should be my best professional self". It's the service industry, black folks like this girl recognize the inherent hierarchy as it applies to servicing patrons and as they default to appropriate service when it comes to others.....they blatantly disregard it when it comes to us. Black folks too often want to communicate to other black folks "oh, don't think you're special". Even her walking by and complimenting my wife was probably her way of saying, "we're the same, like that bag, might get it for myself'

Telling my wife to ignore her within earshot was my way.....right or wrong, ineffective or not......of reminding Broke Bonnet of said hierarchy.
That's how you do it.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

why was the hostess wearing a bonnet at a "pricey" establishment?

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
That's a question for her.

Funny thing is I went to the joint on Sat. and she wasn't there. Now she may have just been off, but you never know.

i hear u and i figured you would say that.

i am just trying to understand the management of the establishment to allow the first person a patron sees as they come through the door to be wearing a bonnet.

with that said to address the meat of your post.

due to an unavoidable situation that is soon to be resolved i currently reside in memphis. one of the most low standard cities/regions in the united states. i do my best to avoid situations where i have to deal with rats and rat culture. but it is pretty difficult to avoid here in memphis proper.

however when placed in a situation where i have to deal with a rat i do my best to disarm them with high energy and direct eye contact. they really don't know how to respond because they are not accustomed to black men in particular being so direct with them with nothing sexual at stake, so they tend to give me the same energy back because they were not expecting that from me.

i am so tired of thotiana culture.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have a dog in this fight. I also haven't scrolled through all of the comments here. I also haven't seen one of his episodes in it's entirety. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Kevin Samuels except...

1) I have learned that if someone doesn't like what one has to say (especially in the Black community), and he looks "different" than the "norm", the first thing that they'll say to attack him is that he's gay.

2) Anyone who criticizes Black woman in a way (rightly or wrongly) that causes them to look at themselves in a critical way, and puts them on the defensive will always be attacked. Think Shaherazad Ali with "The Black Man's Guide to Understanding the Black Woman". She was criticized repeatedly by Black women (and many gay men) for her views, although some (not all) of her views were on point.

Everyone needs to assess what their motivation for liking or hating Samuels is. It would say a lot about where they stand in terms of Black male-female relationships.

All true, all fair.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

White Knighting will always bring issues rather small or large. In Russell's case I hope it is just a minor issue.

A mother, and a wife of a high profile public figure... Fuck is wrong with her to think that's how she should conduct herself in public??? Come on man!!! The thing that got lil Yukon snatched up the quickest when I was little... Showing my ass in front of white folks... She clearly never had that happen. SMH.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i hear u and i figured you would say that.

i am just trying to understand the management of the establishment to allow the first person a patron sees as they come through the door to be wearing a bonnet.

Inappropriate attire in the workplace (relatively relaxed industries such as a restaurants) is not as farfetched as you're making it to be.

But that's neither here or there.

I find that how a person perceives and then treats you trumps whatever energy you're looking to bounce off of them. We can all think or imagine a situation where the interaction is on the up and up on one end, but does little to change how the person is treating you.

Question is, am I trying/interested in changing hearts and minds, especially of someone who has already decided how they are going to regard me?

Hard no. I'll leave the "disarming of rats" to you.

If anything, in this situation, I would hope that any type of correction would influence how she treats the next black couple who walks into the restaurant.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Inappropriate attire in the workplace (relatively relaxed industries such as a restaurants) is not as farfetched as you're making it to be.

But that's neither here or there.

I find that how a person perceives and then treats you trumps whatever energy you're looking to bounce off of them. We can all think or imagine a situation where the interaction is on the up and up on one end, but does little to change how the person is treating you.

Question is, am I trying/interested in changing hearts and minds, especially of someone who has already decided how they are going to regard me?

Hard no. I'll leave the "disarming of rats" to you.

If anything, in this situation, I would hope that any type of correction would influence how she treats the next black couple who walks into the restaurant.

A rat is a rat. Can't change that.

I frequent pricey establisments often. I can't imagine a hostess wearing a bonnet. :lol:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

Time Stamps: Spoiler caller #3 is a real doosey.

Introduction and Welcome 00:02 15:18 Opening song, Your good lies by Vividry 18:39 Candle of the evening, Le Labo Petit grain 21 19:02 Fragrance of the evening YSL Tuxedo 20:08 Channel chat room rules 24:40 Last lifestream revisted 27:50 Would modern black women rather be loved or feared? 29:50 Get the likes up theme song 33:50 Megan the Stallion likes making men feel uncomfortable and thinks men are ignorant 46:50 Women do not make enough money to be feared 52:10 Money world song 55:10 Superchats read 57:45 1st 2nd Caller 1:01:25 3rd Caller 1:16:05 4th 5th Caller 1:22:20 6th 7th Caller 1:30:30 8th 9th Caller 1:36:40 10th Caller 1:38:30 break song 1:44:05 back to 10th Caller 1:46:50 11th, 12th Caller 1:49:15 Special guest caller, Ameera 2:03:50 Ending Song

BaseballKid

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A mother, and a wife of a high profile public figure... Fuck is wrong with her to think that's how she should conduct herself in public??? Come on man!!! The thing that got lil Yukon snatched up the quickest when I was little... Showing my ass in front of white folks... She clearly never had that happen. SMH.

Replied to a comment earlier,

Future and other cats that dealt with her before knew what type chick she was. So they just smashed and dashed.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Replied to a comment earlier,

Future and other cats that dealt with her before knew what type chick she was. So they just smashed and dashed.

I believe it. I believe you can soften edges, dial down some behaviors but in most cases you are what you are. Simply being from the hood doesn't necessarily make you a hood rat, but she's clearly one at the core of it.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
women i runn across thats like this are miserable....and they wear it on them..i spot them as soon as they open they mouth....
and then i just wish them well...i tried dealing with hoes when she think in her head is one half of the big timers,,and the constant
why you know so & so,,why they know you,,oh so you do business with all types of people huh so why cant you put me on..and i will
react with what you mean put you on,, by how you act i thought you already was on...it never works out....he is correct 100%....
In competition with you for attention and respect :smh:

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In competition with you for attention and respect :smh:
yes mostly attention to make it seems like they are one half of the big timers.....women like this have no clue how to give or receive respect...
with them its all attention...then they will say ohh i know all them niggas and so & so,,but how many actually interact with you for business
reasons other then trying to fuck...dont know respect even if it was giving to them...

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
once she has weave, nails and tats, you’re rummaging through the garbage at this point.
So no nails?

I give tasteful nails a pass, like a French or american manicure, or reasonably short nails, pastel colors, etc.

And there's a difference between a chick having stripper tats and a butterfly on her shoulder blade or grandma Ernestine's name inside her wrist.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Our issues aren’t with America. That bus driver was Busta Rhymes with a vagina. She’s masculine as fuck. No man of means wants a woman like that. She’s a dude and wants to run shit without a feminine bone in her body. Our culture isn’t indoctrinated into us, it’s what we accept. She can’t even string a sentence together. Y’all gotta admit these broads show you who they are off rip. When that chick said the same sentence 4 times I knew she was extra whack. Her being inarticulate and masculine stems from nobody edifying her. No tv show is doing that to us, we choose that shit.
I disagree, it is the culture. Theres a reason other countries/cultures don't have it as bad.

She may not have had anyone to edify her. Media makes it appear cool & acceptable to be that way (off-putting, masculine) as a woman

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I disagree, it is the culture. Theres a reason other countries/cultures don't have it as bad.

She may not have had anyone to edify her. Media makes it appear cool & acceptable to be that way (off-putting, masculine) as a woman
It’s not the media or any social media; it’s stupidly or complacency at the root. Barely literate folks come from the family not society. You either want to be smart or you don’t. I grew up poor and on welfare for a good spell. Nobody in my family spoke in broken English. My mother had an 8th grade education but spoke clearly and succinctly. She corrected our sentences. She was on my brother about chewing loudly. My sister went off the rails because she wanted to. These ghetto women and saggy pant black boys are gutter because they want to be, and because it’s easier. Our culture is sliding because, overall, we are lazy. The women are fat because they are lazy and someone will still fuck em even though they are fat, rude, can’t string a sentence together, you name it. They wear wigs and weaves because they are too lazy to do their hair. That’s why they call em “maintenance dos”. The boys are thugs, underwear showing, holding their crotches and barely literate AND GIRLS STILL FUCK THESE BOYS! Those kids grow up seeing nothing new. Media has NOTHINGS to do with our low-ass standards, they just capitalize off of it. You either are those Housewives of Atlanta niggas, or can’t watch that shit at all. If you hated Carlton but loved Will, you were either too young to understand or cool with him cooning. Same with Chappelle. I never thought he was that great. I saw the coon in him. That’s not the media, that’s the man. Russell Westbrook is a clown and closet tenderloin BY CHOICE, not any social pressure.