The Official Flash Thread Discussion

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

FVVpN-gXEAQ2eb2

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What the fuck is going on with Candice Patton this season? We all know why Danielle Panabaker isn't featured on screen as much, because she's pregnant and on maternity leave. Even still, we get the occasional Zoom chat with her on screen and she's also directed an episode as well. Candice has just up and disappeared, and no one really seems that concerned for her character Iris. I'm wondering if this is some ongoing contractual negotiations, because as far as I know she hasn't signed on to come back for Season 9 yet.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sounds like they weren't trying to pay him for the role he was supposed to play.

However Erza Miller is kidnapping bitches and all types of weird shit in Hawaii.

Fans were Cock Teased for YEARS about Diggle possibly being John Stewart/Green Lantern

Yeah.
CW is going through some major budgetary shit right now.
Especially with The DISCOVERY+ merger.
And I honestly have not see this episode yet.
But seeing the posts here and various Social Media outlets,
This is just another disappointing disaster.

The CW and The ArrowVerse's Producers fucked up on this big time.
Especially when David Ramsey has a Fuckin' HUGE Fanbase.
Black Fans (Black People in general) are used to being disappointed.
But when you see that WHITE Fans,
Many of them who grew up on John Stewart via the Justice League cartoons,
Are really pissed off about this...

OIP.67V3SgjXuEszjnNRE-i7AwHaFj

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"This decision seemingly closes the book on the possibility of John Diggle becoming a Green Lantern. While it was theorized that Diggle might star in the Green Lantern Corps series being produced for HBO Max and act as the point of view character for those unfamiliar with the mythology of the Green Lanterns, this idea always seemed like a poor fit for Diggle's character. While Diggle was always at his best as a relatable everyman whose stoicism was continually tested by the strange metahuman threats he routinely faced, the humor in having him cope with increasingly odd alien creatures as the Arrowverse Green Lantern would grow tiresome quickly. It also better fits his personality for him to act as a mentor to a team of young heroes, as he reportedly will in the upcoming Justice U series. Ultimately, Diggle's character is defined by his devotion to his family and, as he noted in The Flash season 8, "there is no power in the universe more powerful than the love I have for my family." It would be incredibly out of character for John Diggle to abandon his wife and children, even in the pursuit of a noble cause like being a Green Lantern"

Complete and utter bullshit.

So basically, they wrote themselves into a corner and they couldn't put the cheese whiz back in the can without letting people down. Smh. Should have never flirted with the idea in the first place.

They were given the keys to the kingdom with being able to use the characters they had. But due to the roadblocks they forced on themselves, they were only limited to just the first floor of the kingdom.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
"This decision seemingly closes the book on the possibility of John Diggle becoming a Green Lantern. While it was theorized that Diggle might star in the Green Lantern Corps series being produced for HBO Max and act as the point of view character for those unfamiliar with the mythology of the Green Lanterns, this idea always seemed like a poor fit for Diggle's character. While Diggle was always at his best as a relatable everyman whose stoicism was continually tested by the strange metahuman threats he routinely faced, the humor in having him cope with increasingly odd alien creatures as the Arrowverse Green Lantern would grow tiresome quickly. It also better fits his personality for him to act as a mentor to a team of young heroes, as he reportedly will in the upcoming Justice U series. Ultimately, Diggle's character is defined by his devotion to his family and, as he noted in The Flash season 8, "there is no power in the universe more powerful than the love I have for my family." It would be incredibly out of character for John Diggle to abandon his wife and children, even in the pursuit of a noble cause like being a Green Lantern"

Complete and utter bullshit.

So basically, they wrote themselves into a corner and they couldn't put the cheese whiz back in the can without letting people down. Smh. Should have never flirted with the idea in the first place.

They were given the keys to the kingdom with being able to use the characters they had. But due to the roadblocks they forced on themselves, they were only limited to just the first floor of the kingdom.
Yea looks like DC back on that"You cant use (such and such character)" bullshit again :rolleyes:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
CANCEL THIS BULLSHIT!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:CANCEL THIS BULLSHIT!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:CANCEL THIS BULLSHIT!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
May as well,since Superman & Lois confirmed to not be a part of the Arrowverse(going by last night's finale)

As for this finale i'm sure that doctor will be FastTrack again..Kausar Mohammed was wearing the hell out of that black suit :lol:
Kausar-Mohammed-wenn35935406.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Candice Patton 'wanted to leave' The Flash in season 2 because of 'racist, misogynistic' fans

The actor says The CW and Warner Bros. TV didn't protect her from "abuse and harassment."
By Sydney BucksbaumJuly 08, 2022 at 03:46 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
FBTweetMore

00:04
00:15

The Flash
TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
GENRE
When Candice Patton debuted as Iris West on The Flash in 2014, her groundbreaking casting pushed representation in comic book adaptations forward in massive ways, as her character was originally portrayed as white in the source material. But while the actor made history onscreen, her experience offscreen dealing with backlash from toxic and racist "fans" online made her want to leave the series after only two seasons.
In a new interview with The Open Up Podcast, Patton detailed the extent of the "abuse and harassment" she received for playing Iris. "It was hard in that aspect, the on-set aspect. I wanted to leave the show as early as season 2," she says. "I remember being like, 'I can't do this, I'm not going to make it through, I'm severely unhappy.'"

Candice Patton and Grant Gustin on 'The Flash'

| CREDIT: KATIE YU/THE CW
Patton said she felt a responsibility to create "spaces for women of color" in the superhero genre but her own well-being suffered as a result. "It's a dangerous place to be in when you're one of the first, and you're facing backlash for it and there's no help," she says. "Now people understand a little better. They understand how fans can be racist — especially in genre [adaptations] — and misogynistic. But at the time it was kind of like, 'Yeah, that's how fans are, but whatever.'"
Patton claims that The CW and Warner Bros. TV, the network and studio behind The Flash, didn't properly protect her from the casting backlash. "Even with the companies I was working with, The CW and WB, that was their way of handling it," she adds. "We know better now that it's not okay to treat your talent that way, and to let them go through this abuse and harassment. But for me in 2014, there were no support systems. No one was looking out for that. It was just free range to get abused every single day. There were no social media protocols in place to protect me, so they just let all that stuff sit there."

She continues, "It's just not enough to make me your lead female and say, 'Look at us, we're so progressive, we checked the box.' It's great, but you've put me in the ocean alone around sharks. It's great to be in the ocean, but I can get eaten alive out here." That's why, she adds, "there has to be people in positions of power who understand my experience and understand the Black experience and the Black female experience who can say, 'She needs protection.' Any time you hire a minority of any kind you have to be prepared to protect them. In the real world, we are not protected. So just because you put us on a fancy Hollywood set, with the hair and makeup and you assume we're safe, we are not safe."
Patton also explains that she saw her white costars treated differently than she was on set, which only added to her feelings. "It was more about the protocols in place and the things I see happening for my white counterparts that's not happening to me," she says. "Seeing how I was treated differently than other people, seeing how I'm not protected by the network and the studio, those were the things that not necessarily hurt me but frustrated me."
Ultimately Patton decided to stay on The Flash — currently airing its eighth season — because she felt a responsibility to the fans who she represented and to portray the historic, inclusive role. While she will be returning for season 9, Patton said she isn't sure if that one will be her last.
Representatives for The CW did not immediately respond to EW's request for comment.