The Official Flash Thread Discussion

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

First the Marvel Netflix universe breaks up, now the Arrowverse. Interconnected, TV comic book universes are dying down. Everyone is being swallowed up by their big screen counterparts are left to fall by the wayside. It was fun while it lasted, too bad this just makes room for more reality TV fuckshit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

grant-gustin-barry-allen.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 8
Episodes 1 to 10

Finished these episodes this earlier this week. Been watching 2 episodes a night for the past week while on the road.

The series is more interesting when watching 2 episodes back to back. They view as a movie like that.

The 5 episodes with “Armageddon” could have been taken down to 3 episodes and still make it interesting. Not sure how mofos could watch those 5 episodes week by week cuz that’s a whole month to get thru those.

Episode 7 introducing that cat Goldface. When he debuted he seemed interesting being some type of gang lord.

The humor around his character with the cell phone and talking about classic novels were done well. But they lost me with the Rope Chain coming off like a bullwhip. That made his character come off as corny.

Iris and her new powers or whatever seems interesting.

The series is getting into whatever that black flame is.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Flash casts Batwoman star Javicia Leslie in mystery role for final season

She's not done with the Arrowverse yet!

By Sydney Bucksbaum
October 24, 2022 at 09:15 PM EDT

Javicia Leslie isn't done with the Arrowverse.

The former Batwoman star has been cast on The Flash for the upcoming ninth and final season, EW has confirmed. However, details about her role and how many episodes Leslie will appear in are being kept top secret for now.

The news that Leslie is flying over to The Flash comes only a few months after her Arrowverse series Batwoman was suddenly canceled in April after three seasons, despite fans and critics championing it for being the first network TV show with an LGBTQ superhero lead, first played by Ruby Rose, with Leslie stepping in as her replacement in season 2 to become the first Black actress to play the DC Comics heroine in live-action.

Batwoman showrunner Caroline Dries was the first to announce the show's cancelation. "Just got the sad news that #Batwoman will not be seeing an S4," she wrote on Twitter. "I am bummed, but full of gratitude. What an honor to make 51 episodes. So many inspiring, brilliant people contributed to this series."

In August it was announced that The Flash would end up after the upcoming ninth season. The final season will also be shortened, consisting of only 13 episodes.

"Nine seasons! Nine years of saving Central City while taking audiences on an emotional journey full of heart, humor, and spectacle," showrunner Eric Wallace said in a statement. "And now Barry Allen has reached the starting gate for his last race. So many amazing people have given their talents, time, and love to bring this wonderful show to life each week. So, as we get ready to honor the show's incredible legacy with our exciting final chapter, I want to say thank you to our phenomenal cast, writers, producers, and crew over the years who helped make The Flash such an unforgettable experience for audiences around the world."

The Flash season 9 is currently in production and slated to air in 2023.

43C8CD70-86ED-40B4-A587-0A924472A30E.jpeg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Flash: Could Final Season Lead Into The Flash Movie?

Jenna Anderson
August 6, 2022

The various movies and TV shows based on DC Comics have had a whirlwind of a week, with a lot of updates regarding their potential futures (or lack thereof). This began on Monday with the confirmation that The Flash will be ending with its upcoming ninth season on The CW, which will air on the network beginning in 2023. This final season will most likely serve as the end of a chapter for the network's Arrowverse of shows, but there's also been the question of if and how it will factor into the larger DC multiverse. In particular, one question has come up, considering the timing of things — could the final season of The Flash show dovetail directly into the upcoming The Flash movie?

The two current live-action versions of the Scarlet Speedster have been tied together almost from the jump — the pilot of the television series, which stars Grant Gustin's iteration of the character, premiered just a matter of days before it was publicly announced that Ezra Miller would play an alternate version on the big screen. For years, fans had entertained the possibility of Gustin and Miller crossing over in some capacity, and they got their wish completely by surprise in early 2020, when Miller made a secret cameo in The CW's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover. In the weeks that followed that episode, it became known that Warner Bros. itself had requested for Miller's cameo to be included, and that The Flash movie writer Christina Hodson had "planned" for it when writing the film.

"I got a phone call from [Warner Bros. boss] Peter Roth saying, 'I know you're locked, but can you put Ezra into the crossover?'" crossover producer Marc Guggenheim explained at the time. "And I said, 'Yes.' And he said, 'How, you're series wrapped? And you're wrapped on the crossover.' And I said, 'Yeah, I know, but if you're telling me Ezra Miller can be in the crossover, I can make it happen.'"

"Of course, cause that would be too much of a surprise if I suddenly saw that on TV," Hodson told ComicBook.com in early 2020.

Since then, The Flash movie has completed production and moved release dates a few more times, currently aiming to bow in June 23, 2023. Rumors have also swirled that Gustin could be making a cameo in the film, especially as the project has been confirmed to be dealing with the multiverse. Depending on when The Flash TV show begins airing its thirteen-episode final season (and how many midseason breaks it might have), it could feasibly air its series finale before or right around when The Flash movie debuts, which will occur on the 21st week of the year. This would make Gustin's potential cameo in the film take on a whole new context, one that's probably different from how the cameo could have originally been written, but something that the writers of the TV show could still write towards when constructing the final season.

Of course, there's also the question of whether or not that hypothetical Gustin cameo ultimately makes it into the final cut of The Flash, given the ever-evolving approach that Warner Bros. Discovery is having to its live-action movies. The very nature of The Flash movie's release has been debated about a lot as of late, especially amid an ever-growing list of offscreen allegations about Miller, but the studio recently confirmed that they are standing behind the film and planning on releasing it. So, we'll ultimately have to wait and see if that cameo does come to fruition, and ultimately bring the bizarre journey of the onscreen Barry Allens full circle.

The Flash TV show is set to debut in early 2023 on The CW. Meanwhile, The Flash movie is scheduled to be released in theaters on June 23, 2023.

the-flash-ezra-miller-grant-gustin-1233985.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 8
Episodes 11 to 20

Finished these up this afternoon.

Season picked up in pace in these episodes.

Introduction of Deathstorm related to that fire was a good plot, which led into Caitlyn/Frost getting involved, leading to Frost death.

Later the season bringing back Thawne and a number of other characters from prior seasons played out well.

That Indian bird in the Black Flash costume, that suit looked bad as fuck with the silver trim. They should have left the top of the hood open letting her hair out. Would have looked better.

Season ended well closing it out and leaving it open with Frost coming back and whatever is going on with the Negative Speed Force.

Will binge watch the Final Season after all the episodes debut this coming Spring 2023.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘The Flash’ Gives Major Update About Diggle & That Cube — What Could Be Next?

Meredith Jacobs
May 2022

While Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) dealt with a speedster problem back in Central City, he wasn’t the only one to visit the Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh) still locked up on Lian Yu in the latest episode of The Flash. Also dropping by: John Diggle (David Ramsey)!

Diggle sought answers about that cube that fell in front of him in the Arrow series finale and has been plaguing him since. “When this thing is away from me, I can still feel it in my mind, pulling me closer,” he explained. “The more I fight it, the louder I hear its call, but I have to know what it is. I have to know what these damn voices want from me.” Thawne recognized the transmatter tech and agreed to help if he could see what was inside. But after he coached Diggle as to how to open it, Diggle saw into the multiverse and decided he didn’t want any of it. After he closed the cube and threw it, it disappeared.

“I saw a thousand lives I could lead, but not one of them led me back to my family,” Diggle said. While Thawne argued it was his last chance to be someone powerful, “but I am someone special,” Diggle told him. “Now I realize the cube was trying to make me someone else, something else. And it even tricked me into believing that somehow I wanted it too, but I don’t. Because there is no power in the universe more powerful than the love I have for my family. I suppose a man like you wouldn’t understand that because if it came down to a choice between some cosmic destiny or being a father, a husband, there’s really no choice at all.” He left Thawne there and returned home to his family.

So what does that mean for Diggle’s future? It sounds like they’re going to keep him grounded, which considering he started on Arrow, which began as the show without metapowers or aliens (then the Arrowverse expanded), is a nice touch. And considering that Justice U, the spinoff in which Ramsay is set to star is still in development according to TVLine, it seems they want to not only keep him on Earth and in this universe, but also keep him without powers.

If that project progresses, the logline says that Diggle will be recruiting “five young meta humans to live undercover as freshmen at a prestigious university. There he will oversee their education and train them to become the heroes of tomorrow.” Chances are that by keeping him human — instead of going down the Green Lantern route, though it was never officially said that’s what the cube was leading to — Diggle would be the one to help keep the metas connected to their normal lives.

So what did you think of the ending to this arc that started on Arrow in 2020 and has been teased through Ramsey’s guest spots across the Arrowverse since?

flash-diggle-green-lantern-story-ends.png