***THE OFFFICIAL BGOL 2015 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD*** Who you Got?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Warriors are a better defensive team and offensive team; Better coaching and better bench; Cavs have one edge and thats LBJ; Warriors are better in the paint and on the perimeter; Overwhelmingly the Majority of the time the better team wins in the NBA; GS in 6...

You been against the Cavs since LBJ came back.... :lol:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
You been a fan of the cavs since LBJ came back

:lol: Sheeeeeit. I was in the Cavs threads during all the bad years. Back in my foolish pro-Waiters days. I had to put up with Bynum, Brown part 2, Bennett, and all the diva madness between Waiters and Irving. This was when Killa was basically the only non-Cleveland cat who would bother with Cavs talk.

So damn right I'm talking shit now!!!!!

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ZpEkP.gif

Warriors......come out to play.....

mrJR

Rising Star
Registered
Warriors are a better defensive team and offensive team; Better coaching and better bench; Cavs have one edge and thats LBJ; Warriors are better in the paint and on the perimeter; Overwhelmingly the Majority of the time the better team wins in the NBA; GS in 6...

#truth

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

If you actually believe GS has better defense you are on that new age crack.. Remember they gave up 45 pts in the first quarter in a close out game vs the Houston, a team that plays zero half court ball, has no dribblers point guards and with only Harden on that team who is a real scorer..:smh:
Picture the Cavs doing that shit in the playoffs, let alone any good defensive team to ever play in the playoffs..

As far as better offense the Warriors are a more run and gun team that are great off a miss rebound and after they push the ball up and shoot before the defense can settle in... Vs the Rockets last game they made very few shots in a half court set, often having to settle for some crazy nasty ass outside shot.. What saved them was the Rockets clumsy and lazy turnovers and the Rockets inability to grab the rebounds off of so many bricks..

I garentee if the Warriors lose the rebounding game, these games wont even be close because even when Curry was shooting lights out, the Warriors was won in very close games vs the Rockets largely due to them dominating the boards..

Unfortunately for the Warriors cause, the Cavs are the best rebounding team in the NBA and unlike the Rockets and Memphis they don't have to crash the boards with one or two players, they are big and athletic in every position except the 1...

Most importantly the Cavs attack the rim off the dribble better than any team in the nba, and a million times better than that wack ass bearded guy on the Rockets, in other words Thompson and Curry will be forced to not only play hard both ways but also be kept honest and not allowed to cheat and leak out for fast breaks..

Meaning expect a half courts games... And if you looked at the last game, between the two, the Warriors do not have the personnel to even slow down the Cavs in the half court set.. Matter of fact you could see the Cavs starting to clown them, and the Warriors players looking very dejected while assuming the beta dog role..

Remember this the GS warriors are a slightly better version of the Atlanta Hawks, check out all their stats and they were almost identical, their style of play and defensive schemes are almost identical, their three point shooting is almost identical, the big difference is that the Warriors play less half court set teams, and if you check out the Warriors track record vs the bigger more athletic teams, its not that good... They got dominated and out physical (especially on the board) vs both the Bulls and the Cavs and if you guys remember I predicted they would lose that way, before those games were played..

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not against the Cavs at all; Dont really care who wins; Warriors are a better team and I dont think anyone who really watches basketball would say differently; And again in the NBA the better team wins the majority of the time; GS in 6 as long as every one is healthy...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you actually believe GS has better defense you are on that new age crack.. Remember they gave up 45 pts in the first quarter in a close out game vs the Houston, a team that plays zero half court ball, has no dribblers point guards and with only Harden on that team who is a real scorer..:smh:
Picture the Cavs doing that shit in the playoffs, let alone any good defensive team to ever play in the playoffs..

As far as better offense the Warriors are a more run and gun team that are great off a miss rebound and after they push the ball up and shoot before the defense can settle in... Vs the Rockets last game they made very few shots in a half court set, often having to settle for some crazy nasty ass outside shot.. What saved them was the Rockets clumsy and lazy turnovers and the Rockets inability to grab the rebounds off of so many bricks..

I garentee if the Warriors lose the rebounding game, these games wont even be close because even when Curry was shooting lights out, the Warriors was won in very close games vs the Rockets largely due to them dominating the boards..

Unfortunately for the Warriors cause, the Cavs are the best rebounding team in the NBA and unlike the Rockets and Memphis they don't have to crash the boards with one or two players, they are big and athletic in every position except the 1...

Most importantly the Cavs attack the rim off the dribble better than any team in the nba, and a million times better than that wack ass bearded guy on the Rockets, in other words Thompson and Curry will be forced to not only play hard both ways but also be kept honest and not allowed to cheat and leak out for fast breaks..

Meaning expect a half courts games... And if you looked at the last game, between the two, the Warriors do not have the personnel to even slow down the Cavs in the half court set.. Matter of fact you could see the Cavs starting to clown them, and the Warriors players looking very dejected while assuming the beta dog role..

Remember this the GS warriors are a slightly better version of the Atlanta Hawks, check out all their stats and they were almost identical, their style of play and defensive schemes are almost identical, their three point shooting is almost identical, the big difference is that the Warriors play less half court set teams, and if you check out the Warriors track record vs the bigger more athletic teams, its not that good... They got dominated and out physical (especially on the board) vs both the Bulls and the Cavs and if you guys remember I predicted they would lose that way, before those games were played..

If you think that GS is a slightly better version of the atlanta hawks pass me that blunt you smoking :lol::lol: No one in their right mind is going say that about GS, no one; All that other shit you said dont even matter; I cant get pass the slightly better hawks comment:lol::lol:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No hate against the Cavs; Fuck Dan Gilbert though :lol::lol:..I luv LBJ game; Hes on my Mt Rushmore along with Magic, MJ, Wilt, Oscar, and Kareem; But the Cavs defense is suspect; Not a believer; They played 1 terrible team in Brooklyn, 1 solid but offensively limited team in Chicago, and 1 fraud team in Atlanta; GS in 6...

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
If you think that GS is a slightly better version of the atlanta hawks pass me that blunt you smoking :lol::lol: No one in their right mind is going say that about GS, no one; All that other shit you said dont even matter; I cant get pass the slightly better hawks comment:lol::lol:

Man if I could have a dime for every time someone laughed at my shit only to be dead wrong.... I could really make a lot of fools look silly if I started posting that shit..
But lets compare the Warriors with the Hawks in terms of their playing styles.
1- The both like to push the ball and take advantage of defenses before they set
2- They are both shoot outside to free up the inside..
3- Both like to play undersized
4- Both do not play good half court ball
5- You defend them exactly the same way, teams that gives the Hawks problems should give the Warriors problems..
6- Out of all the teams in the NBA the Hawks are closest to the Warriors in terms of playing styles.
7- They are one and two in assist, one and two in three point shots, two and three in steals, almost identical turnover stats, one and four in shooting %,
The biggest difference is one team plays in the West were teams usually push the ball and shoot with in 14 secs on the shot clock, while the Hawks play in a division where many teams play the half court set often milking the clock down to 20 secs before they shoot. By doing this there a less shots taken and often the score is lowered..

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Road Rage think that the Cavs with a bench that consists of only Jr smith will walk in to a loaded two deep Golden State and force their will. Niggas needed a couple of last 2nd shots to beat Chicago and allowed the Celtics to push them but they will dominate Golden State:lol:

Do he really think Shump, Thompson and Mozgov going to give them 16 to 20 pts a night against golden state while having to play 45 plus minutes.

You notice Road Rage won't address the Cavs depth and bench. This dude said the warriors are a jump shooting team:hmm: Like who is posting up for the Cavs. Who can you dump the ball to and get points. I can list many players for the Warriors tho.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Question: we're the Hawks a fraud or were they just thoroughly outplayed by the Cavs? I really hate when a favorite loses, in any sport the default is, owe they played bad or they were a fraud, it's never the other team or person just outperformed them, be it in basketball, boxing, football, etc.

So now a Hawks team which was SO dominant during th 82 GAME season, all of a sudden the are a fraud due to 5 games? A season in whit they had a winning record against the mighty west? Maybe, just maybe the Cavs are just outperforming themselves?! :hmm:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man Sunday evening could've been a perfect day to kick this shit off...

All this back and forward ain't gonna amount to shit...
Each one of us pretty much have ideas about what may unfold, but the only thing we know is a rookie coach will win, outside of that ain't nothing a given.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Question: we're the Hawks a fraud or were they just thoroughly outplayed by the Cavs? I really hate when a favorite loses, in any sport the default is, owe they played bad or they were a fraud, it's never the other team or person just outperformed them, be it in basketball, boxing, football, etc.

So now a Hawks team which was SO dominant during th 82 GAME season, all of a sudden the are a fraud due to 5 games? A season in whit they had a winning record against the mighty west? Maybe, just maybe the Cavs are just outperforming themselves?! :hmm:

Naw they Legit , matchup matchups matchups...Love being hurt kinda fucked them in my cloudy mind... His injury forces the Cavs to play bigger out the gates, then sub to small ball once a big sit(subbing in Shum or Jones forcing Lebron to the 4)

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The Hawks struggled all playoffs. They never regained the form they had early in the season. At one point the Hawks were a dominate team who put a beat down on everyone they played. But going into the playoffs they struggled and never recaptured that dominate form.

The one advantage that the Hawks had was eliminated in the first two games with Carroll getting hurt along with Kyle Korver. Carroll knee affected his shot. Both Kyle and Carroll shot over 40% from the arc.

Also playing without a center was just to much for the Hawks to over come. The Heat were able to win without a center because of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. The hawks don't have any players of that caliber. When milsap and Horton did not go off it was a wrap for the Hawks. I even said in the thread about my predictions that if the Cavs went to this line up

Kyrie
Shump
Jr smith
LeBron
Thompson

That it would give Atlanta fits

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
The Hawks struggled all playoffs. They never regained the form they had early in the season. At one point the Hawks were a dominate team who put a beat down on everyone they played. But going into the playoffs they struggled and never recaptured that dominate form.

The one advantage that the Hawks had was eliminated in the first two games with Carroll getting hurt along with Kyle Korver. Carroll knee affected his shot. Both Kyle and Carroll shot over 40% from the arc.

Also playing without a center was just to much for the Hawks to over come. The Heat were able to win without a center because of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. The hawks don't have any players of that caliber. When milsap and Horton did not go off it was a wrap for the Hawks. I even said in the thread about my predictions that if the Cavs went to this line up

Kyrie
Shump
Jr smith
LeBron
Thompson

That it would give Atlanta fits

Not sure they struggled as much as again, maybe the other teams played better, OR the fact that, like a lot of teams with good records, they didn't have the occasional meal of weak teams in the playoffs. Your playing against the best teams, every game, which allows for better adjustments, the playoffs are a different animal. GS, while they are playing good ball, also had the good fortune of avoiding the Spurs, who would have given them fits, AND avoiding the Clippers, who I believe would match up better against them than the Rockets.

The Hawks are not a really DEEP team, so the injuries and ejections didn't help. Not saying they were an all time great team, but this they were frauds shit is ludicrous! They just met teams that matched up well against them, made it to the ECF, and ran into the best player in the world and a team who took on his character and over performed. If anyone says they could have seen the Cavs be this dominant without Love and a busted up Kyrie before they were injured, they would be a damn liar.

If the Cavs can continue to play at this high level, they could very well beat GS... If they do, do we then call GS frauds? :confused:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Naw they Legit , matchup matchups matchups...Love being hurt kinda fucked them in my cloudy mind... His injury forces the Cavs to play bigger out the gates, then sub to small ball once a big sit(subbing in Shum or Jones forcing Lebron to the 4)

Totally agree. It's very difficult to play against a team who had to use so many moving parts due to injury that the Cavs did, AND to have those part all of a sudden peak and play at the highest level of some of the players careers! Hawks were/are definitely one of the top 5 teams in the league. Its like people want to go out of their way to discredit LeBron and his teams accomplishments. If the Hawks had lost to last years Heat, they would be being called frauds, and they weren't called frauds when they struggled against a good team in the Wizards. Them being called frauds is not against them, it's intended to subtly discredit LeBrons accomplishments this post season on the humble... :hmm:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Totally agree. It's very difficult to play against a team who had to use so many moving parts due to injury that the Cavs did, AND to have those part all of a sudden peak and play at the highest level of some of the players careers! Hawks were/are definitely one of the top 5 teams in the league. Its like people want to go out of their way to discredit LeBron and his teams accomplishments. If the Hawks had lost to last years Heat, they would be being called frauds, and they weren't called frauds when they struggled against a good team in the Wizards. Them being called frauds is not against them, it's intended to subtly discredit LeBrons accomplishments this post season on the humble... :hmm:

You reaching now.

The board has been pretty consistent with saying the Hawks were overrated. Only a few of us Atlanta brothas were pulling for the Hawks.

So I am not going to disrespect the bgol brothas because most were very consistent with their critiques of Atlanta all year.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Totally agree. It's very difficult to play against a team who had to use so many moving parts due to injury that the Cavs did, AND to have those part all of a suddy renly lcs tI peak and play at the highest level of some of the players careers! Hawks were/are definitely one of the top 5 teams in the league. Its like people want to go out of their way to discredit LeBron and his teams accomplishments. If the Hawks had lost to last years Heat, they would be being called frauds, and they weren't called frauds when they struggled against a good team in the Wizards. Them being called frauds is not against them, it's intended to subtly discredit LeBrons accomplishments this post season on the humble... :hmm:

Man if there was anytime dude should get discredited it's not this season...

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Man if there was anytime dude should get discredited it's not this season...

Exactly... One dude even said LeBron is the luckiest player in history due to all the injuries on the other teams?! I'm like, outside of Korver, AFTER the Cavs had been dominating them and Carroll, who the hell else did they play that had a major injury AND none were as big as Love and Kyrie :confused:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
You reaching now.

The board has been pretty consistent with saying the Hawks were overrated. Only a few of us Atlanta brothas were pulling for the Hawks.

So I am not going to disrespect the bgol brothas because most were very consistent with their critiques of Atlanta all year.

No I'm not reaching, just because the board has been saying it doesn't mean they are. Their on court performance this season up until the Cavs series has been excellent. The reason most people are saying it is because the Hawks play a throwback type of TEAM ball and they don't have a flashy larger than life hyper athletic player on their team. Quite a few of which spent the post season watching the Hawks play I might add. I take a lot of what the board says with a grain of salt because a lot of the analysis is based on what is exciting to them. Only a few posters actually offer statistical or proven support for their analysis... :hmm:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Exactly... One dude even said LeBron is the luckiest player in history due to all the injuries on the other teams?! I'm like, outside of Korver, AFTER the Cavs had been dominating them and Carroll, who the hell else did they play that had a major injury AND none were as big as Love and Kyrie :confused:

- Well Gasol & Bulls was pose to handle them, but folks forgot how TT went clean the guck out early in the year against Gasol, Jokiam, Gibson...
- The Heat was gonna tap that ass...they had injuries all year
- The better be lucky KD got hurt...
- The Spurs was banged up, Lebron know Timmy own that ass...
- Dwight wasn't 100% all year, he just came back, wasn't in top form...
- Dirk wasn't always 100%...
- Paul George was gonna take over the NBA this year...
- ain't no way they could've stopped Kobe...

As you see it don't matter if Lebron only could've face some of these cats in the finals, he still is lucky...

Technically this team suppose to still have chemistry problems...these ducking owns been only a team for a few months....likely really think about that!!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
- Well Gasol & Bulls was pose to handle them, but folks forgot how TT went clean the guck out early in the year against Gasol, Jokiam, Gibson...

As you see it don't matter if Lebron only could've face some of these cats in the finals, he still is lucky...

Technically this team suppose to still have chemistry problems...these ducking owns been only a team for a few months....likely really think about that!!!

Real rap, if any team in the East was overrated and a fraud it was the Bulls. To get completely owned by a depleted Cavs team like that was beyond an embarrassment. :smh:

Last edited:

popice

Support BGOL
Registered
I'm picking G.S. in 5. The cavs have the best player but the warriors have the best coach and more good players than the cavs. Green will stay outside and either shoot wide open 3's when thompson collapses the paint or take thompson off the dribble. I don't expect for Kyrie to be able to stay with curry since he will not be a 100 percent and I don't expect delly to be able to do anything with him either. The warriors need to play off Lebron and invite him to take long 3's with a hand in his face. If the warriors just let Lebron do his thing without doubling him I think they will be fine but if the warriors do like Atlanta did doubling Lebron and leaving 3 point shooters wide open then this series could go either way.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If the Cavs can continue to play at this high level, they could very well beat GS... If they do, do we then call GS frauds? :confused:

That is exactly what will happen if GS loses. Cavs and Lebron will not get any credit. :smh: Don't let Klay have issues from getting kneed. Lebron will be 'lucky' even though Love is out and Kyrie is banged up..... :lol:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor

The fact that folks keep making it seem as if the Bulls were 100% healthy is hilarious.

Real rap, if any team in the East was overrated and a fraud it was the Bulls.

Fuck outta here!
Difference between overrated and just not giving a fuck.

The Bulls heart was in it starting from round 1. We had the talent...more talent than the Cavs team that we played against....but we didnt use that talent. Simple as that!!

Cavs got a easy ride to the finals thxs to other teams being noob or fucking up...not because they had a killer roster that couldnt be beaten.

Theyll get exposed in the finals.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
The fact that folks keep making it seem as if the Bulls were 100% healthy is hilarious.

Fuck outta here!
Difference between overrated and just not giving a fuck,

So... Who was the healthier team Bulls or Cavs? Also, not giving a fuck and being overrated and out played sounds like a plea being copped. Between this, and someone claiming a conspiracy sound truly ridiculous. Maybe game 6 when Rose threw his bitchass tantrum, but the othe 5 games for the most part Cleveland fucked the Bulls up... Just own that shit... All this tin foil hat shit is getting embarrassing...

Bulls were overrated and their true colors and ability showed when LeBron and his broken team kicked their ass :smh:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Theyll get exposed in the finals.

Get exposed as what? They are already playing with house money. If anything if they get roasted it will only serve to show just how overrated the Bulls were. No shame in losing to the Best team in the league, but to get fucked up like that in an elimination game is beyond embarrassing no matter how many pleas are copped! D Roae was healthy and that was supposed to put them over the top but he show how weak he is mentally by quitting on what was SUPPOSED to be his team. I don't have a dog in this fight and actually like quite a few player on the Bulls, but fact are facts and the fact is, they are overrated and always come up short, especially against LeBron :hmm: