***The Fat Lady Has Sung !**** No More MB Bike Week !****

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
I AM PUSHING FOR AN ARTICLE IN THIS MONTHS
STUNTN MAGAZINE AND HEAVY INTERNET PUSH
YOU KNOW............ A RUMOR !:lol:
I AM GONNA DO WHATEVER I CAN TO HELP GET IT DONE

Yo Mr. Forbes I feel you... but I don't see that shit going down in Atlanta "Proper". Fulton County aint having that type of traffic clogging up an already screwed up highway system.

For this big of a city...... I could see the intown clubs trying to promote events......and of course the BIKES taking over:D
But you know as well as I do... with the traffic on the interstates.... this would be a recipe for multiple deaths :itsawrap:

Maybe Savannah GA would be a bit better... because you don't have the INTENSE traffic and congestion of the city of ATLANTA. Plus you still got a beach in Savnnah too and a DRAGWAY
http://www.savannahriverdragway.com/

Like I said just some thoughts...............................

XavierBlack

Potential Star
Registered
the thing that made BBW was the beach atmosphere and the no-helmet law. where will people ride in the Atl...Peachtree/Buckhead? North Ave near the BP? 285 and 85 aren't exactly rider-friendly either. :confused:

i agree with dude above who said that these types of event are being systematically shut down. i even heard somewhere that they were bringing Freaknik back. with the way things have been going, it won't last either.

pokey

Potential Star
Registered
looks like more of them will be headed to Miami beach,or Daytona beach next year

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
^ Word, most of the BLACK events have gone the way of the dinosaur anyway. Philly greek, VA Beach, I was hearing the NY Greek was on it's way out, now BBW. I only hope the Harley joint is off as well, I know the laws state to forbid all rallies, but we will see. I haven't been to BBW since 99', but the option was there :smh:.....

i wonder if they are enforcing these laws on the bike week that's coming up next week...

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
Yo Mr. Forbes I feel you... but I don't see that shit going down in Atlanta "Proper". Fulton County aint having that type of traffic clogging up an already screwed up highway system.

For this big of a city...... I could see the intown clubs trying to promote events......and of course the BIKES taking over:D
But you know as well as I do... with the traffic on the interstates.... this would be a recipe for multiple deaths :itsawrap:

Maybe Savannah GA would be a bit better... because you don't have the INTENSE traffic and congestion of the city of ATLANTA. Plus you still got a beach in Savnnah too and a DRAGWAY

YES THIS WILL BE A LOGISTICAL CHALLENGE
HOWEVER IT MAY BE SET UP MORE LIKE A SPORT BIKE RALLY AT A CENTRAL LOCATION TO START.

SAVANNA WOULD BE GOOD ....BUT
EITHER WAY WE DO STILL HAVE A HELMET LAW IN GA
AND THAT WAS PART OF THE APPEAL FOR CATS LIKE ME
THAT JUST WANT TO GO SLOW DO A LITTLE PROFILING ON
A CUSTOM BIKE, SEE THE SIGHTS AND CHECK OUT THE WOMEN .

BUT ...............:dunno:

looks like more of them will be headed to Miami beach,or Daytona beach next year

YEP !:yes:
I GUESS IM HEADED THAT WAY.

i wonder if they are enforcing these laws on the bike week that's coming up next week...
THEY DONT GO INTO AFFECT FOR 90 DAYS FROM THE RULING
SO...NO.

cocodc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Most logicial choice is Marylands Ocean City..............

Its the only place that is similiar to Myrtle Beach.

SpeedyMyk

Support BGOL
Registered
Im glad they shut down myrtle beach. It was getting systematically worse cuz they didnt want us there. I agree that the best thing you can do is find somewhere that wants it, doesnt have a helmet law and is near water. I dont kno helmet laws in MD but Ocean City sounds like an idea

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor

I told a dude about this new ordinance yesterday. He went to Harley Week in May (not BBW - he's a hispanic dude who blends in) and is leaving for the Indian Motorcycle dealership opening in Charlotte, NC. It's a long ride from CT but at least it gets warmer as you head south!

cooliojones

Rising Star
Registered
bump...

any info on the new bike week and where it's gonna be held? Finally got my bike fixed up, *might* get another one but trying to prepare NOW.

Any word on bike thefts down there? SHould we take any extra precautions?

Oh and I peeped *some* news form this site...said they moving the party to North Myrtle Beach. It IS a lil more boring up that way, but not by that much. http://www.blackbikeweek.com/showthread.php?t=2048

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
bump...

any info on the new bike week and where it's gonna be held? Finally got my bike fixed up, *might* get another one but trying to prepare NOW.

Oh and I peeped *some* news form this site...said they moving the party to North Myrtle Beach. It IS a lil more boring up that way, but not by that much. http://www.blackbikeweek.com/showthread.php?t=2048

Nothing I've heard yet. I know ppl are still going to try to go down, but it'll probably be 1/2 of what it usually is.

Bike thefts are pretty rampant if you're slipping so make sure you pay for a guarded lot and keep it locked down at all times when you're not on it. Disc lock and all.

STILLDOGIN

Support BGOL
Registered
Damn I just forgot I was down in Myrtle beach when they was building that amusement park, now I see why they doing away with the biker events they are banking on that park to generate income for the local economy

I live in Myrtle Beach, and that fuckin park has already been shut down. They had to file chapter 11

a2smooth

Potential Star
Registered
Dam what to do now can't do bike week in maryland it's a helmet law here va beach wouldn't be bad but really these white bitches don't want in there cities there do what they have to do to keep us out might as well take it to mexico across the border :smh:

thesenator20904

Star
Registered
You knew that was going to happen although the biker community does a lot for some cities it takes only a few mofo's to screw it up for everybody.

The should move that joint to Miami; because its not going to jump off like that in ATL they are too damn conservative to let it jump off.

ATL the new "No Fun Zone!!"

cooliojones

Rising Star
Registered
ATL is gonna be hard man, I even heard that Frozen Palace ain't the same. Beach areas are the best because of the long stretches of road, plus us folks living inland get a chance to get away.

I imagine taking over the area near Stonecrest, it's the largest and seems to be the most friendly to black folk. Only there isn't as much to do over there. Anybody know about Hilton Head? Dunno if they ever had anything poppin off up there.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
bump...

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS RIGHT NOW.:dunno:
WHERE EVER YOU GO .....LOCK IT DOWN
THIEVES DONT CARE WHERE YOU ARE THEY STEAL EVERYWHERE.
IF THE GO TO NORTH MYRTLE
THEY BETTER NOT CROSS INTO MYRTLE BEACH ........THEY WILL GET FUCKED OVER
BAD !.........

I DONT LIKE NORTH MYRTLE.........SO I WONT BE GOING.:(
IF NOTHING HAPPENS IN ATL......
FLORIDA HERE WE COME.:dance:

You don't understand. These white folks would rather lose a little money than to have them "goddamn niggras" hanging around.

IN CASE YOU DODNT KNOW
THE WHITE BOYS AND THE HARLEYS ARE SHUT DOWN TOO.
EVERYTHING ISNT ABOUT BLACK AND WHITE.:hmm:

Nothing I've heard yet. I know ppl are still going to try to go down, but it'll probably be 1/2 of what it usually is.

Bike thefts are pretty rampant if you're slipping so make sure you pay for a guarded lot and keep it locked down at all times when you're not on it. Disc lock and all.

FUCK GOING THERE PERIOD
IF THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE AND OWN BUSINESSES CANT CONTROL THEIR GOVERNMENT
THEN THEY DESERVE TO STARVE.........
I KNOW THATS A LITTLE HARSH
BUT THEY LET THESE FEW PEOPLE CUT OFF THEIR LIVES
AND HAVENT BANNED TOGETHER TO MAKE THEIR CIVIL SERVANTS
WORK FOR THEM.

I live in Myrtle Beach, and that fuckin park has already been shut down. They had to file chapter 11

GOOD:devil:
THE WORST FOR THEM HASNT BEEN REALIZED YET.
I HAVE A FRIEND THAT OWNS A BEACH STORE THERE.
HE TOLD ME AT THE END OF BIKE WEEK LAST YEAR
THAT HE WAS GONNA
HAVE TO SHUT DOWN ANYWAY DUE TO LOW TOURISM AND BAD SALES,
SO THE REST WILL NO DOUBT BE HURT AS WELL.

THE WRITING WAS ALREADY ON THE WALL.
MYRTLE BEACH WILL BE A GHOST TOWN SOON.
IT WILL TAKE YEARS FOR THEM IF EVER TO RECOVER FROM
THIS DUMB ASS DECISION.:smh:

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
I WAS JUST READING THE SHIT ON TE BBW LINK POSTED IN THIS THREAD
THEY ARE SAYING THEY ARE ALL GOING TO NORTH MYRTLE
AND FLOOD THEM WITH THE MONEY.

WHERE THE HELL WILL ALL THOSE PEOPLE GO , RIDE, HANG ?
IT SMALLER AND NO WHERE TO DO SHIT.
ATLANTIC BEACH IS ABOUT 2 SECONDS BIG:eek:
NO WAY IN GETTIN CAUGHT UP IN ALL THAT BULLSHIT:smh:

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Backwards bammas down there, they just lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in that weekend alone to the local economy smh

I'm sure VA beach wouldn't mind the new bike rally.

How bout Daytona beach? And all the beach towns along the FL coast? What about clearwater FL? Its a lot of spots that wouldn't mind that new money.

Fuck Mytle Beach

I dunno ... you do know we can't cuss on the strip and they have basically outlawed smoking too, parking in one spot for a long time is a no no and limited. Remember the uproar about the hair style/clothes that kept certain people out of a bar/eatery and the lawsuit that followed?(there are hoards of closet racists out here) VaBeach don't want none of that petty stuff so you know they aint gonna want everything that comes with major Black Bike rallys.

cooliojones

Rising Star
Registered
I'm glad getting down there is cheap, cause them hotel/condo rates are up there...

I ain't gonna lie tho...seem like North Myrtle was mostly for old folks. These beach towns haven't really updated their offerings, but I guess we ain't gonna be there for that anyway. On that site I posted, seems like peeps is real intent on making it happen, maybe we'll no more the closer it gets, but dang it I'm trying to plan for 2009 and it's tough to do. Wonder if there should be an "official" committee to survey sites, make a pitch to local governments and get things poppin off that way? Cause the way its going now, it's a whole lotta speculation on where we'd be welcome and it seems like it might go on to the last minute.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its not just a Black thing. Down here in Texas they have dam near shut shit down. The Big Biker Rally that is 99% white is dam near shut down. They have so many restrictions its not funny. You can't bring them loud pipes that guys put on Harley's and you can't rev your engines either. No idling them as well. The funny thing is Galveston put all these rules in play for stuff not to come now. Now that the storm came through and tore everything up down there the city is gonna want that tourism. They made their bed now live in that non tourist city.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
The Harley-Davidson rally has been a fixture in Myrtle Beach for nearly seven decades and attracts mostly white riders. The Atlantic Beach Bikefest during Memorial Day weekend is a much newer event. It lasts four to five days, caters to black bikers and doesn't have the same kind of organization as the Harley rally.

what they tryin to say.......:rolleyes:

them harley mutha fucka`s not havin it....thay already talkin law suit....

local goverment already gettin their paper ready to fight any lawsuit also...

fuckers raised property taxes to get money for that shit....:eek::angry:

residents and local bizzz losin all the way around and dont even know it....
all they know right now is , they dont want none of it there....:smh:

aprox 14 days out of 365 to earn potential millions for ur city
and mostly positive exposure 4 ur city and some people might even return with their family to vactaion afterwards....

so fuck all of that cuz the locals cant take one for 14 days...

all in all i think it`s a wrap....
thats how it starts....year after after year
it will get worse until it finally just dies....

the die hards will try to give it CPR and still go
but to no avail...more n more people will get dis-couraged and then it`s a wrap....

i remember when freak nic wuz dyin and they tried to move it to j-ville Fl.....
didnt work....and thats exactly what a few of u r suggestin ....it wont work...c above statement...
just nothing like the original spot....

i`ve seen alot of black events killed and this is exactly how they do it....

2v3pych.jpg

she wuznt on a bike (thank god)....
but i had to snap this big bitch wit them tittays poppin out....:rolleyes:

twiggy

Rising Star
Registered
damn.. i think the mississippi or alabama gulf coast would be cool like mobile or biloxi maybe even the pan handle of Fl like between pensacola and panama city

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
that would be too far....

thats what made myrtle perfect....

it wuz sorta in the middle....

so cats could come up or down or across...

kinda the same distance for everybody...give or take a few hours...

now imagine bikers from newyork pullin their shit all the way to bama....:smh:

tfresca

Star
Registered
I wonder if Corpus Christi,tx would welcome it? Not a big tourist place as is so it might welcome the visitors.

cooliojones

Rising Star
Registered
I wonder if Corpus Christi,tx would welcome it? Not a big tourist place as is so it might welcome the visitors.

Oh hell naw, that's way too far. Anyplace in Texas is too far.

Question for the fam...how do y'all pack for these trips? I mean, you gonna be in a place for 2-3 days and riding the bike to get there...where do you put ya clothes/right guard/all that?

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
Oh hell naw, that's way too far. Anyplace in Texas is too far.

Question for the fam...how do y'all pack for these trips? I mean, you gonna be in a place for 2-3 days and riding the bike to get there...where do you put ya clothes/right guard/all that?

MOST OF THE SPORT BIKE CROWD TRAILERS THEIR BIKES
BUT THE CRUISERS THAT RIDE USUALLY HAVE SADDLE BAGS OF SOME KIND.
ALTHOUGH I DO KNOW OF ONE CHICK THAT LIVES IN PITTSBURGH
WITH HER FINE ASS AN SHE RIDES EVERYWHERE SHE GOES
ON A FUCKIN R6....AND SHE GETS AROUND.:smh:
SHE WAS IN ATL LAST YEAR ON IT AND WILL BE HERE THIS SUMMER TOO.

I DONT GIVE A FUC ABOUT RIDING THAT FAR
CRUISER OR NOT.:lol:

Profit

Rising Star
Registered

In the mid to late 90's Savannah had a similar event called "Orange Crush" on the beach at Tybee Island. It was no where near the size of Bike Week and white folk killed that shit quick. I seriously doubt that would allow it there. Also, there is only 1 route onto the beach which causes major traffic issues.

Jville, Fl would be nice.