Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
7GxuqxH.jpg

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
First few pages of Issue #9 is @ The Dog Years

and Continues on our new Patreon page. http://patreon.com/thedogyears

BGOL has always supported me, and held it down years ago when I started the website and comic. Any help you guys can give as I go forward will be much appreciated on the Patreon.

Thanks

@playahaitian

MxsueYQ.png

2FgpObe.png

Dxy7Y22.png

This brings back memories!!! old school BGOL for REAL.

You have my support. Good to see you still making content.
Just signed up for GOld tier. Good to see you still at it man!

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
This brings back memories!!! old school BGOL for REAL.

You have my support. Good to see you still making content.
Just signed up for GOld tier. Good to see you still at it man!

:thumbsup:
Thanks so much brother. I'm greatly appreciative of you joining my Patreon. I'm giving away swag for my top tier members and discounts on the printed versions. Ya'lls membership gives me the motivation I need to keep creating the series. It's the only place for now you are getting the continued story there. Also, feel free to give your feedback while your there. I want the continuation to be an organic all-inclusive thing.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
@oolong tea
The Dog Years: Volume One

At last you can purchase the long
anticipated "The Dog Years" in print. The first hundred issues sold are signed and includes a free poster and TDY postcard.
You've read it online now get the
book - A definite collectors item!
100 pages Trade paperback
First printed edition - autographed

Show your support BGOL family!!!!!!!!
arrow-pink-neon.gif

Last edited:

scoopsluva

Star
BGOL Investor

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
@Drayonis @playahaitian @tallblacknyc

'Shark Tank': Black Sands Entertainment closes $500K deal, fans wish them a 'bright future' BBC
From food products to dating app services, ABC's award-winning entrepreneurial show 'Shark Tank' has featured entrepreneurs pitching for their various products and services across all categories except for the creative endeavors. The recently aired episode witnessed a Black-owned comic book publishing house and budding animation brand making its big debut on the show.

Black Sands Entertainment founded by husband and wife duo Manuel Godoy and Geiszel Godoy alongside Teunis De Raat, stepped into the tank seeking a whopping $500,000 for a 5% stake in their brand. The trio explained their brand's mission of inclusivity and to educate people on Black history and culture through their work. After tasting success in the publishing world, the brand was eyeing the animation and entertainment industry, so they entered the tank seeking for capital to work on their big plans. The pitch instantly grabbed the attention of guest Shark Kevin Hart and also Mark Cuban.

The brand's numbers and evaluation sounded good to Kevin, who felt that his addition as an investor would add a huge value to the brand. He pointed out how he's a "one stop shop" that could help Black Sands Entertainment with production, animation, and even marketing, thus ensuring the success of the brand. Kevin also noted the importance of the work they were doing so felt extremely passionate about partnering with them. Mark too saw potential in the brand and hopped on saying he could help with the technology aspect. So Mark and Kevin together rolled out an offer of $500,000 in exchange for a 30% equity stake in the brand.

Manuel wasn't keen on giving away so much of the equity so he tried making a counteroffer with a lower equity stake but with a royalty clause added to make it appealing to the Sharks. The Sharks pointed out how the real money would come in when the brand bags a movie or series deal and not by selling comics, so they felt that the royalty deal wouldn't work for them. Finally Manuel agreed to the Sharks' offer for 30% stake and closed the deal.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

'Shark Tank': Black Sands Entertainment closes $500K deal, fans wish them a 'bright future' BBC
From food products to dating app services, ABC's award-winning entrepreneurial show 'Shark Tank' has featured entrepreneurs pitching for their various products and services across all categories except for the creative endeavors. The recently aired episode witnessed a Black-owned comic book publishing house and budding animation brand making its big debut on the show.

Black Sands Entertainment founded by husband and wife duo Manuel Godoy and Geiszel Godoy alongside Teunis De Raat, stepped into the tank seeking a whopping $500,000 for a 5% stake in their brand. The trio explained their brand's mission of inclusivity and to educate people on Black history and culture through their work. After tasting success in the publishing world, the brand was eyeing the animation and entertainment industry, so they entered the tank seeking for capital to work on their big plans. The pitch instantly grabbed the attention of guest Shark Kevin Hart and also Mark Cuban.

The brand's numbers and evaluation sounded good to Kevin, who felt that his addition as an investor would add a huge value to the brand. He pointed out how he's a "one stop shop" that could help Black Sands Entertainment with production, animation, and even marketing, thus ensuring the success of the brand. Kevin also noted the importance of the work they were doing so felt extremely passionate about partnering with them. Mark too saw potential in the brand and hopped on saying he could help with the technology aspect. So Mark and Kevin together rolled out an offer of $500,000 in exchange for a 30% equity stake in the brand.

Manuel wasn't keen on giving away so much of the equity so he tried making a counteroffer with a lower equity stake but with a royalty clause added to make it appealing to the Sharks. The Sharks pointed out how the real money would come in when the brand bags a movie or series deal and not by selling comics, so they felt that the royalty deal wouldn't work for them. Finally Manuel agreed to the Sharks' offer for 30% stake and closed the deal.

Saw this. Good look to them

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

WOW!

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Let's be honest, their stuff isn't better than Drayonis' work.

Not going to say that. But in the black comic community a lot folks aren't happy with them. They've been getting donations and having people invest for years with their app and not really giving a return to the investors.
they had a great idea (artists can showcase, upload their comics) but their execution was bad. Other websites and apps did it way better. They only allowed a handful of creators on their app and it stayed that way for years.

So I'm wishing them well with all the luck. They are def talented hopefully this infusion of cash make things happen.

The guy to keep an eye on is Anthony Piper with Trill League
He just re-signed a deal with 50cent and they are going ahead with animating his independent comic. His shit about to blow the fuck up.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I really think The Dog Years has expired. The kind of story telling that BGOL cats (and dudes like me who are older) is no longer viable in this softer more "feminized" generation. I've dropped pages on social media in the past and people would be laughing their asses off. I'd move books on my site and people would just enjoy the laughs and content. NOW?

I get messages like:
"Your work is misogynistic"
"You're exploiting black women by drawing them that way"
"How come you don't draw something more inspirational like so and so's comic?"

And this shit is coming from males a lot of times. :rolleyes2: :angry: These younger cats are just built different. So I'm going to be honest - Between my busy as fuck schedule with my business and todays "new niggas"
TDY gonna wrap up.

Just gotta figure out how Imma end it. I have enough content to do 3 volumes (5 issues within each) but after this year. I think I'mma call it quits.

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really think The Dog Years has expired. The kind of story telling that BGOL cats (and dudes like me who are older) is no longer viable in this softer more "feminized" generation. I've dropped pages on social media in the past and people would be laughing their asses off. I'd move books on my site and people would just enjoy the laughs and content. NOW?

I get messages like:
"Your work is misogynistic"
"You're exploiting black women by drawing them that way"
"How come you don't draw something more inspirational like so and so's comic?"

And this shit is coming from males a lot of times. :rolleyes2: :angry: These younger cats are just built different. So I'm going to be honest - Between my busy as fuck schedule with my business and todays "new niggas"
TDY gonna wrap up.

Just gotta figure out how Imma end it. I have enough content to do 3 volumes (5 issues within each) but after this year. I think I'mma call it quits.
Thank you for your service!